Author Topic: Mayweather - McGregor  (Read 162459 times)

Offline Thoros Of Myr

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mayweather - McGregor
« Reply #480 on: June 25, 2017, 12:33:49 am »
I'm puzzled as to why so many on here are so personally invested in the guy too. It's weird to me, even as a fan of the sport, considering his entire persona is "fuck you, I'm rich". If that's the type of hero people want then so be it, I guess.

He spent his day, today, visiting sick kids in hospital.

He's playing that persona you mentioned like Daniel Day Lewis, right enough.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: June 25, 2017, 12:53:40 am »

You're Irish too aren't you?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Thoros Of Myr

• Anny Roader
« Reply #482 on: June 25, 2017, 01:04:24 am »
You're Irish too aren't you?

I am.

I understand you just dont like him. Fair enough.

I respect your views as a long time MMA contributer.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: June 25, 2017, 01:14:01 am »

To add to that,I'm not emotionally invested in the guy, I'm not Irish myself, I'm  not a fanboy making excuses for him. I do find him entertaining, and what he says and does, I see as entertainment, a facade that helps him generate money. I don't hold that against him nor do I take it personal. He visualized success and achieved what he wanted to achieve in 4 years since his UFC debut. That's admirable imo, I respect that, which is why I want him to be successful. If not, oh well, but he's an interesting character and he plays an interesting role.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: June 25, 2017, 01:36:22 am »
he's gone for someone who will attract the big money, rather than someone he could beat
To be brutally honest, there's very few boxers out there, even at an amatuer level, he would beat. Not on a even keel. The term "punchers chance" gets thrown around, but really, I could literally say that for myself if I got in with Mayweather. The hardest thing in boxing is hitting clean without being hit yourself, and that's just speaking from a purely technical level. McGregor would need years of disciplined boxing training just to condition himself to go the distance with someone like Mayweather. It's not the octagon he'll be stepping inside of. The ring is a small place, with nowhere to hide. 

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: June 25, 2017, 01:41:06 am »
I am.

I understand you just dont like him. Fair enough.

I respect your views as a long time MMA contributer.

Thank you, and the Irish thing wasn't a knock it just seems to be a trend as far as I can tell.

But I can't stress this enough:

I don't dislike Conor. I don't know him. I think he's a very very talented fighter with the potential to be the greatest ever. I think every fighter should get in and out of the sport with as little damage and as much money as possible and I respect Conor for doing that so far in his career. I don't have an issue with him making money and I don't have an issue with him playing a character to make money either!

The issues I have are simply that I don't like that character (any more than I like Money Mayweather, who does a ton for charity himself) and I don't like the weird fans that seem to bask in his reflected glory.

I think if you look back in this thread, I've made my points clearly. And people can disagree with them, and debate them (it's a forum after all). The problem is, everyone seems to think it's jealousy or a grudge or that I'm a "hater". It's absolutely not the case!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: June 25, 2017, 02:19:49 am »
he's gone for someone who will attract the big money, rather than someone he could beat
I'm convinced that he's convinced he will beat him. Of that I am sure.

It's just that it wont happen.
and the Irish thing wasn't a knock it just seems to be a trend as far as I can tell.
I don't dislike Conor.
You're some spoofer. You'd be far better off just admitting rather than spouting this shite.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: June 25, 2017, 02:36:52 am »
I'm convinced that he's convinced he will beat him. Of that I am sure.

It's just that it wont happen.You're some spoofer. You'd be far better off just admitting rather than spouting this shite.

Way to miss the point, clueless weird guy.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: June 25, 2017, 02:51:53 am »
Where do you find these odds? French bookies (where I live and I am from) haven't even opened betting on the fight.

Just most of the big ones, skybet have him at 1/8.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #489 on: June 25, 2017, 02:57:02 am »
You have to give Floyd some credit for taking this fight. He has everything to lose here. His entire legacy rests on a fight against a guy who isn't even a boxer. He should win at a canter, but his entire legacy is on the line. He's beat everybody there is to beat in his sport, he's undefeated, he's a legit ATG. He could make it to 50-0 fighting anybody yet he's willing to max out his earnings fighting someone like Conor.

People will call him foolish IF he somehow loses, but he's given the fans what they want when he didn't have to given how precious he is over his 0.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: June 25, 2017, 03:12:32 am »
You have to give Floyd some credit for taking this fight. He has everything to lose here. His entire legacy rests on a fight against a guy who isn't even a boxer. He should win at a canter, but his entire legacy is on the line. He's beat everybody there is to beat in his sport, he's undefeated, he's a legit ATG. He could make it to 50-0 fighting anybody yet he's willing to max out his earnings fighting someone like Conor.

People will call him foolish IF he somehow loses, but he's given the fans what they want when he didn't have to given how precious he is over his 0.

If he loses its the biggest self-own in sports history

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #491 on: June 25, 2017, 03:18:10 am »
If he loses its the biggest self-own in sports history

He will be able to console himself with $100m, but he doesn't need it. At this stage he's already worth an absolute fortune. His legacy is what he is concerned with now and it is all on the line her. Conor can lose and gain credit regardless, Floyd cannot do the same.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #492 on: June 25, 2017, 08:17:44 am »
Sorry but I'm not giving Floyd any credit whatsoever. In all his 49 professional fights, this will be the easiest one for him. It's low risk-high reward. He should've been facing GGG, Canelo, Pacquiao or Thurman but instead he chooses to earn that big 50 against a guy with no boxing experience. There's a reason he will never be mentioned in the same breath as Ali, Robinson and Tyson.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 08:22:56 am by RJ320 »

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #493 on: June 25, 2017, 10:16:44 am »
I feel like I have to explain the concept of a fighting promotion to you, but I'm not going to. So here's the quick one.
Brimage - legit
Holloway - legit
Brandao - not
Poirier - legit
Siver - not
Mendes  - not

I guess 50% is reasonable. But the second he became a star he was kept away from guys like Lentz, Swanson and Lamas. He wouldn't have fought Mendes barring an injury, and the Mendes he fought wasn't full camp fight-ready.

You can think a fighter is both legit and protected by their promotion, by the way. Conor is legit. He's also had weaker opponents than any other dominant fighter.

This is what I mean mate, there are always 'ifs' and 'buts' when it comes to his record or fighters. Mendes was #3 or 4 in the division at the time and he still stopped him, camp or no camp - credit where it's due.

He would eat Cub Swanson for breakfast, come on man, you know that too. I highly doubt he was kept away from Cub Swanson!!

I do enjoy what McGregor brings to the game outside of the ring and then following it up but I'm not invested in him.

I am fan of combat sports in general and am as much invested in the outcome of Nicky Ryan against Paolo Miyao last night or the outcome of Roger Gracie against Buchecha in a months time!

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #494 on: June 25, 2017, 12:55:35 pm »

Just own it and move on.
I've got plenty of teams and players that I have an irrational dislike for.
I can never bring myself to say anything positive about them, and will search for any shred of negativity to wrap around a topic related to said player or team.
You know your stuff, but almost everytime McGregor has faced an opponent, you've tried to find a negative before and after the win, with the first Diaz fight being your swansong.

Sorry but I'm not giving Floyd any credit whatsoever. In all his 49 professional fights, this will be the easiest one for him. It's low risk-high reward. He should've been facing GGG, Canelo, Pacquiao or Thurman but instead he chooses to earn that big 50 against a guy with no boxing experience. There's a reason he will never be mentioned in the same breath as Ali, Robinson and Tyson.

To be fair, he was retired. It wasn't as if he was active and chose to fight McGregor over the others you mentioned.
As far as he's concerned, it's easy big money. In fact, it's easy big money with the bonus of completing his career with a juicy 50-0*.
I don't know enough about boxing to know where he features in rank amongst the fighters you mentioned, but why do you think he won't be mentioned amongst that group?
Surely his record speaks for itself. Was he avoiding fighting the best during his 20+ year career?
Would be a shame if his off the ring persona affected how people see him in the ring.
He's always struck me as an incredibly insecure personality with the interesting part being his insecurity is seemingly what drives him and makes him obsessive about winning and getting wealthy. In my opinion, without his insecurity (which we tend to see manifest itself away from the ring), he'd be a different fighter in the ring.

Watching the videos of him with his entourage is really, really interesting.

*(still think McGregor gets a knockout ;) )
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: June 25, 2017, 01:24:15 pm »

If he was giving the fans what they want he'd be up at 160 challenging GGG. He gets no credit from me, yes he's got everything to lose, but that would be equally true if he was fighting me or you for his 50th fight. I think he's about as likely to get hit by lightening as he is to lose this fight so I doubt the risk has even entered his mind.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: June 25, 2017, 03:51:19 pm »
This is what I mean mate, there are always 'ifs' and 'buts' when it comes to his record or fighters. Mendes was #3 or 4 in the division at the time and he still stopped him, camp or no camp - credit where it's due.

He would eat Cub Swanson for breakfast, come on man, you know that too. I highly doubt he was kept away from Cub Swanson!!

I do enjoy what McGregor brings to the game outside of the ring and then following it up but I'm not invested in him.

I am fan of combat sports in general and am as much invested in the outcome of Nicky Ryan against Paolo Miyao last night or the outcome of Roger Gracie against Buchecha in a months time!

Haha FWIW I think Lentz would have given him trouble, and Full Camp Mendes could very well have beaten him, but he would have smashed everyone else in that division. I consider his win over Also to be a fluke* but I also think he would have won that one too if that punch missed. I'd just like to see those fights and know for sure you know? Swanson was on a tear at the time don't forget! And it's the same with Edgar and now Max, although he'd be insane to go back to 145 ever again. I'd like to see if Frankie could get close enough to take him down, and compare progression with Max.

*Is not a knock on Conor's ability

Just own it and move on.
I've got plenty of teams and players that I have an irrational dislike for.
I can never bring myself to say anything positive about them, and will search for any shred of negativity to wrap around a topic related to said player or team.
You know your stuff, but almost everytime McGregor has faced an opponent, you've tried to find a negative before and after the win, with the first Diaz fight being your swansong.

My posts may come off like that because they are a response to the OTT things fans of his say in the MMA thread but honestly, the days of me truly caring about who wins and loses in MMA died with Anderson's title run. That amazing period of Cain/Anderson/Bones/GSP being these dominant champions was really the best thing since the PRIDE days for me. Conor represents the new direction of the UFC and I don't like that direction at all.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #497 on: June 25, 2017, 04:30:07 pm »
I'll be glad when this "fight" is over..
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: June 25, 2017, 04:32:11 pm »
I don't get the Aldo win being a fluke. He literally predicted the exact method of how he'd win backstage, there's video of him practising the exact punch and then went out and did it.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #499 on: June 25, 2017, 04:41:08 pm »
If he was giving the fans what they want he'd be up at 160 challenging GGG. He gets no credit from me, yes he's got everything to lose, but that would be equally true if he was fighting me or you for his 50th fight. I think he's about as likely to get hit by lightening as he is to lose this fight so I doubt the risk has even entered his mind.

I see what you're saying mate, although a fight with GGG at 160 might be asking a bit too much. He's never fought at middleweight before, he doesn't need to as he can make lower weights. GGG is an animal and you'd be looking at a 20lbs difference in the ring come fight night. The difference was supposed to be too much against Canelo, yet that was arguably Floyd's best performance in a decade.

I think in some ways it doesn't matter what Floyd does, people will always want more. He could move up and beat GGG but that wouldn't satisfy people. I'm not saying you, but I really don't think some people will be satisfied unless he fucking steps up and fights AJ!

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: June 25, 2017, 05:08:38 pm »
I don't get the Aldo win being a fluke. He literally predicted the exact method of how he'd win backstage, there's video of him practising the exact punch and then went out and did it.

Fluke may not be the right word, but any fight that ends in 13 seconds generally isn't representative of the talent level of the loser. Or the winner, for that matter.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #501 on: June 25, 2017, 05:11:17 pm »

Not a fluke, but still kind of fluky, like a golfer hitting a hole in one. That'll eat at Aldo all his life why he fought like that, especially since a rematch is never happening. McGregor set the trap though and he walked right into it.

McGregor is amazing but some of his achievements still ring a little hollow at this moment in time. The two divisional champion thing for instance, no ones ever done it but no ones ever been given the chance to either really(BJ?), certainly not win zero defences of their first title and zero wins in the second weight-class.
The immediate rematch with Diaz when he was choked out fair and square the first time.

He said he'd be the most active champion they've ever had yet it'll be two years at the earliest since he won a title in the UFC without a single defence.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #502 on: June 25, 2017, 05:21:49 pm »
I'll be glad when this "fight" is over..

Oh come on, the build up and pre-fight entertainment hasn't even started yet!

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: June 25, 2017, 05:33:52 pm »
I see what you're saying mate, although a fight with GGG at 160 might be asking a bit too much. He's never fought at middleweight before, he doesn't need to as he can make lower weights. GGG is an animal and you'd be looking at a 20lbs difference in the ring come fight night. The difference was supposed to be too much against Canelo, yet that was arguably Floyd's best performance in a decade.

I think in some ways it doesn't matter what Floyd does, people will always want more. He could move up and beat GGG but that wouldn't satisfy people. I'm not saying you, but I really don't think some people will be satisfied unless he fucking steps up and fights AJ!

Yeah I get what you mean, I actually can't think of too many names missing from Floyd's CV but Berto was taking the piss and now someone who's never boxed a round professionally in his life?

I think GGG may have been a step too far, but I actually think if he was 49-1 with that loss on his record he'd have a much better claim to be the GOAT than he does right now. Similar to how the loss to Hagler helps Duran's legend.

Also I think Canelo is naturally a bit bigger than GGG anyway.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: June 25, 2017, 05:49:54 pm »
Fluke may not be the right word, but any fight that ends in 13 seconds generally isn't representative of the talent level of the loser. Or the winner, for that matter.

Yeah I agree with that. I just think fluke does a disservice to the win. It'd be interesting to see a rematch but that'll never happen. There's a fair few fighters I'd want to see fight McGregor first anyway, like Khabib, Ferguson etc (and that's presuming Aldo moves up to 155 as Conor isn't ever fighting at 145 again).

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: June 25, 2017, 06:23:43 pm »
Yeah I agree with that. I just think fluke does a disservice to the win. It'd be interesting to see a rematch but that'll never happen. There's a fair few fighters I'd want to see fight McGregor first anyway, like Khabib, Ferguson etc (and that's presuming Aldo moves up to 155 as Conor isn't ever fighting at 145 again).

Aldo is done at this point, the 9 year rule caught up to him. He might last longer in a rematch but unless he KOed McGregor early he'd get hit, rocked, and finished. I'd have liked the immediate rematch if that was an option but after the Max fight it's pointless.

For me there's three fights I want from Conor and then we can put him up there with the GOATs, assuming he wins. Tony, Khabib and the trilogy with Nate. Tony and Khabib both present stiff challenges and interesting fights and are arguably the two best in that division. Nate already beat him and has the tools to do it again.

Conor wins those three and we can put him in the discussion with Anderson, Fedor and GSP. Hopefully Bones too one day.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #506 on: June 25, 2017, 07:18:27 pm »

As much as I liked Tyson, he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Robinson and Ali. Oh, and Mayweather should, he's that good.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: June 25, 2017, 07:42:09 pm »
Way to miss the point, clueless weird guy.
That hurt Claus, that really hurt.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: June 25, 2017, 07:48:30 pm »
Ali fought Inoki who was a pro wrestler. Just saying.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: June 25, 2017, 08:28:01 pm »
Aldo is done at this point, the 9 year rule caught up to him. He might last longer in a rematch but unless he KOed McGregor early he'd get hit, rocked, and finished. I'd have liked the immediate rematch if that was an option but after the Max fight it's pointless.

For me there's three fights I want from Conor and then we can put him up there with the GOATs, assuming he wins. Tony, Khabib and the trilogy with Nate. Tony and Khabib both present stiff challenges and interesting fights and are arguably the two best in that division. Nate already beat him and has the tools to do it again.

Conor wins those three and we can put him in the discussion with Anderson, Fedor and GSP. Hopefully Bones too one day.

The Diaz fight doesn't interest me that much. Conor is a better stand up fighter as he proved in the last fight. Diaz is obviously far superior on the ground but he's not a great wrestler so it's not going to go there. I think if I watched that fight again I'd just be waiting to see whether Conor gasses which just doesn't appeal to me that much. Whereas there's genuinely fascinating aspects with the other two, particularly with Khabib, how he'd deal with his wrestling, relentless GNP etc. Ferguson's height and unorthodox style is really interesting too. Diaz just doesn't appeal to me that much. Will probably happen again (at 155) before either of the other two though unfortunately.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #510 on: June 25, 2017, 09:01:34 pm »
Ali fought Inoki who was a pro wrestler. Just saying.

Ali had a number of fights with those outside boxing, including a hockey player. But then again Ali was suspended from boxing during those "exhibitions" due to his refusal to enter the draft.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: June 25, 2017, 09:35:07 pm »
The Diaz fight doesn't interest me that much. Conor is a better stand up fighter as he proved in the last fight. Diaz is obviously far superior on the ground but he's not a great wrestler so it's not going to go there. I think if I watched that fight again I'd just be waiting to see whether Conor gasses which just doesn't appeal to me that much. Whereas there's genuinely fascinating aspects with the other two, particularly with Khabib, how he'd deal with his wrestling, relentless GNP etc. Ferguson's height and unorthodox style is really interesting too. Diaz just doesn't appeal to me that much. Will probably happen again (at 155) before either of the other two though unfortunately.

We had a comprehensive Diaz win, a close McGregor win, one more to end the debate appeals.

But after Tony and Khabib, absolutely.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #512 on: June 27, 2017, 12:33:26 am »

I think he's about as likely to get hit by lightening as he is to get hit by McGregor. In fact, I bet the bookies are giving lightening better odds.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #513 on: June 27, 2017, 01:05:45 pm »
I feel like I have to explain the concept of a fighting promotion to you, but I'm not going to. So here's the quick one.

He never faced a challenge on his way to the title fight. He was spoonfed opponents from the Holloway fight onwards. Then he got his title fight. Then he won. That's a legit win.

Do you think he earned his LW title shot too?

Brimage - legit
Holloway - legit
Brandao - not
Poirier - legit
Siver - not
Mendes  - not

I guess 50% is reasonable. But the second he became a star he was kept away from guys like Lentz, Swanson and Lamas. He wouldn't have fought Mendes barring an injury, and the Mendes he fought wasn't full camp fight-ready.

You can think a fighter is both legit and protected by their promotion, by the way. Conor is legit. He's also had weaker opponents than any other dominant fighter.

He was contracted to fight RDA (and got diaz), Aldo (and got Mendes) and  Cole Miller (who at the time was the exact style of fighter people claimed he was kept from and ended up with Brandao) Conor has never been protected (apart from the Siver fight)

Whats happened is people aint made the walk and the UFC had to put replacements in , arguably the quality of those replacements have been to a lesser standard of his original opponents but never the less conor signed deals to fight the toughest guys.
Insert obscure quote here

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #514 on: June 27, 2017, 01:52:58 pm »
I see what you're saying mate, although a fight with GGG at 1
. I'm not saying you, but I really don't think some people will be satisfied unless he fucking steps up and fights AJ!
... and processed to get beat..

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #515 on: June 27, 2017, 02:14:46 pm »
There's a reason he will never be mentioned in the same breath as Ali, Robinson and Tyson.

That's just not true, he is in the league easily, maybe the greatest defence in boxing ever.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #516 on: June 27, 2017, 02:21:11 pm »
He was contracted to fight RDA (and got diaz), Aldo (and got Mendes) and  Cole Miller (who at the time was the exact style of fighter people claimed he was kept from and ended up with Brandao) Conor has never been protected (apart from the Siver fight)

Whats happened is people aint made the walk and the UFC had to put replacements in , arguably the quality of those replacements have been to a lesser standard of his original opponents but never the less conor signed deals to fight the toughest guys.

Didn't have to fight Edgar, Mendes only happened as a late replacement. Two fighters he really should have fought before a title shot but they gave him Dennis fucking Siver.
Instead of making him rematch Aldo(the fight people really wanted) after Diaz choked him out they let him hold up the division so he could "get revenge". Well that and the weight cut is too dangerous for him now.

Edgar was in the running to step in when RDA got injured but Conor picked Nate.

The talk too is that he'll come back and fight Diaz a third time. Because that's the fight everyone wants right?

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: June 27, 2017, 02:23:04 pm »
The talk too is that he'll come back and fight Diaz a third time. Because that's the fight everyone wants right?
Well it need's doing at some point, right?
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #518 on: June 27, 2017, 02:42:04 pm »
Well it need's doing at some point, right?

Whatever Conor needs to do to avoid defending a belt ...

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: June 27, 2017, 02:47:00 pm »
Yeh because there is anyone in either division who would scare him, lol.
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.