Author Topic: Mayweather - McGregor  (Read 162571 times)

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
Mayweather - McGregor
« on: June 15, 2017, 05:37:46 am »
It's on

154lbs - August 26th - Las Vegas

Floyd by a shutout for me for #50 but believe me, Conor will give him something to think about.

McGregor will be the bigger man including the reach which Floyd will not be used to. Add the competitive inactivity of Floyd to the mix (as Berto can't really be considered a test), McGregor being a southpaw with a hell of a dig on him and it does add a bit of flavour to it.

Floyd should stand him on his head but Conor always has that punching chance

Splitting this out to keep the usual threads clean and because this will grow a head of its own over the next couple of months  8)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mayweather - McGregor
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 05:48:51 am »
Anyone who pays for this is a rube.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 05:58:49 am »

Interesting watching Sky Sports News leading on it this morning seeing as they don't even acknowledge MMA on their channel!

Will Sky / Matchroom get it and PPV it due to Hearns relationship with Espinoza at Showtime or will BT get it due to their relationship with the UFC and will they free to air it or send it to Boxnation HD PPV

Either way, I will watch it. It won't happen again

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 06:17:09 am »
Interesting watching Sky Sports News leading on it this morning seeing as they don't even acknowledge MMA on their channel!

Will Sky / Matchroom get it and PPV it due to Hearns relationship with Espinoza at Showtime or will BT get it due to their relationship with the UFC and will they free to air it or send it to Boxnation HD PPV

Either way, I will watch it. It won't happen again

There are other ways, I'll probably watch it because either way one money flashing twat is getting humiliated.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 06:23:52 am »
Plenty have had a "punchers chance" against Floyd but he always overcomes and puts them back in their  box. Ridiculous fight.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 06:32:50 am »

Can you imagine the number of supporters for both fighters that will tune in hoping to watch them win?
Can you imagine the number of haters for both fighters that will tune in hoping to watch them lose?
Can you imagine the number of viewers that support both fighters tuning in to see them both fight?
Can you imagine the number of MMA fans that will tune in to see how an MMA fighter's boxing skills compares to a bonafide boxing legend?
Can you imagine the number of boxing fans that will tune in to confirm  how vast the gap is between real boxing and MMA boxing ?
Can you imagine the number of neutrals that will tune in just to se what all the hype is about this one of a lifetime fight between two champions and box office draws?

You may not watch, but this will break viewing records.
I don't see McGregor coming back to the UFC after this unless he wins and recieves a massive share of his future fight profits.
Haven't read any details pertaining to his financial terms for this fight, but anything near 50million and above would probably put him in the 'screw you guys I'm goimg home and taking my ball with me' mindset.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 06:37:02 am »
Can you imagine the number of supporters for both fighters that will tune in hoping to watch them win?
Can you imagine the number of haters for both fighters that will tune in hoping to watch them lose?
Can you imagine the number of viewers that support both fighters tuning in to see them both fight?
Can you imagine the number of MMA fans that will tune in to see how an MMA fighter's boxing skills compares to a bonafide boxing legend?
Can you imagine the number of boxing fans that will tune in to confirm  how vast the gap is between real boxing and MMA boxing ?
Can you imagine the number of neutrals that will tune in just to se what all the hype is about this one of a lifetime fight between two champions and box office draws?

You may not watch, but this will break viewing records.
I don't see McGregor coming back to the UFC after this unless he wins and recieves a massive share of his future fight profits.
Haven't read any details pertaining to his financial terms for this fight, but anything near 50million and above would probably put him in the 'screw you guys I'm goimg home and taking my ball with me' mindset.

If you pay for it, you're a rube. Stream it or whatever but this is like paying to watching Liverpool vs FC Pyongyang.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 06:37:08 am »
McGregor has a contract though, will have been a condition of the UFC letting him fight

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 06:44:02 am »
Plenty have had a "punchers chance" against Floyd but he always overcomes and puts them back in their  box. Ridiculous fight.

It'll be like trying to punch a turtle that's gone in its shell. Floyd will be too elusive for Conor and too fast. McGregor has tended to have the speed advantage and the quicker and sharper punching skills, but he'll be fighting in slow motion against a boxing legend that constantly preaches the art of punching whilst not being hit. McGregor will have one round to try go for the upset, by the second round Floyd would have sussed him out, and by the 3rd McGregor will be gassing and Floyd will be looking for a rare knockout (at least at this stage of his career) from there on out.

You can't beat a master in his domain. McGregor is a fantastic counter boxer at the MMA level, but probably a bit meh in comparison to professional boxers, let alone against arguably the most elusive the boxing world has ever seen.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 06:48:00 am »
McGregor has a contract though, will have been a condition of the UFC letting him fight

Surely if  he wins, they'll have to renegotiate else he can just walk away from MMA.
He'll have a massive bargaining chip for any future MMA fight.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 06:51:10 am »
Surely if  he wins, they'll have to renegotiate else he can just walk away from MMA.
He'll have a massive bargaining chip for any future MMA fight.

No mate. He will be stipulated for x number of fights that won't allow him to fight in any other organisation. I'd read he has said he will fight in the UFC by the end of the year which is feasible given how active he usually is

He isn't winning though!

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 07:00:11 am »
In that case I stand corrected!
McGregor with a knockout within 1 minute, else it's Mayweather cruising for the dominant TKO win somewhere in round 6.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 07:01:17 am »
Can't believe he pulled this off. Fair play to him. Blagged his way to an absolute fortune. Build up will be interesting

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 07:29:14 am »
Ridiculous. First time ever I want Mayweather to win.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2017, 07:32:15 am »
Already made my feelings about this 'fight' known in the boxing thread. Fair play to 7777 for starting this thread though because this circus does not deserve to be in the boxing one.

Michael Rosenthal of Ring Magazine nailed it when he said this is an event, a curiosity and most certainly NOT a sporting occasion. Hopefully, Mayweather fucks off after this and we never have to see the wanker ever again.

It is basically like New England Patriots playing the All Blacks in an American Football or Rugby Union game.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:34:33 am by 1892tillforever »

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 07:48:28 am »
If McGregor lands a punch I will be shocked.

Will be like trying to hit fog for him.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 07:53:39 am »
Would absolutely love it if McGregor wins, but he has no chance.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 08:10:00 am »
Pretty much the only chance I give McGregor is if he catches Mayweather cold due to him being out the ring so long. The fight is a bit of joke but McGregor and Mayweather must be laughing at the money coming their way.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 08:19:57 am »
Already made my feelings about this 'fight' known in the boxing thread. Fair play to 7777 for starting this thread though because this circus does not deserve to be in the boxing one.

Michael Rosenthal of Ring Magazine nailed it when he said this is an event, a curiosity and most certainly NOT a sporting occasion. Hopefully, Mayweather fucks off after this and we never have to see the wanker ever again.

It is basically like New England Patriots playing the All Blacks in an American Football or Rugby Union game.

I think that is how you have to see it mate. Enjoy the build up and watch the inevitable unfold come fight night. It's a one off

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 08:22:49 am »
I think that is how you have to see it mate. Enjoy the build up and watch the inevitable unfold come fight night. It's a one off
I won't be watching it; saving my money for a real fight between Canelo and GGG.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 08:25:08 am »
This fight is a joke.  McGregor has no chance.  It's like Andy Murray taking on the world's best Squash player at Wimbledon. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2017, 08:27:00 am »
I'm really surprised by how much of a chance 7s is giving McGregor. This is going to be an exhibition for Floyd. Berto would smash mcgregor at boxing and he wasn't really worthy of sharing a ring with Floyd. Floyd ends his career by stopping him with absolute ease, then gets called boring  ;D
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2017, 08:30:32 am »
Should this not be in the media & arts section?

I think McGregor will go the distance but Floyd is nailed on for this.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 08:32:59 am »
The people have asked and the people will now get.

When all is said and done with purse, undercard, ticket sales and broadcast rights, this will easily do $500 million.

This is not one for boxing or MMA purists. This is more WWE style 'sports entertainment'. There's nothing wrong with that

No one comes out of this badly. Both guys get even richer than before, Mayweather retires into the sunset in a gold plated private jet, McGregor either goes back to UFC with an even stronger draw in negotiations or takes his money and goes off to bring his kid up.

I'm sure by the 26th Aug we'll get fight announcement press conferences, pre fight press conferences, weigh in press conference etc. Plenty of time for this to be shoved directly into our retinas.

I'll watch it. But no way I pay to watch it. Either find a bar or stream it

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2017, 08:38:27 am »

Lots will stream.

it will struggle to break the 3 million mark.

Floyd's easiest payday of his career, predictable fight.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2017, 08:39:30 am »
It's on

154lbs - August 26th - Las Vegas

Floyd by a shutout for me for #50 but believe me, Conor will give him something to think about.

McGregor will be the bigger man including the reach which Floyd will not be used to. Add the competitive inactivity of Floyd to the mix (as Berto can't really be considered a test), McGregor being a southpaw with a hell of a dig on him and it does add a bit of flavour to it.

Floyd should stand him on his head but Conor always has that punching chance

Splitting this out to keep the usual threads clean and because this will grow a head of its own over the next couple of months  8)

Conor will not give Floyd anything to think about, at all.

I hate all this ......... WHAT IF CONOR LANDS?! .... So? Really, so what?

Aside from the fact Conor bangs with tiny UFC gloves usually, and will be putting on 10oz gloves for this...

Floyd has been in there multiple times with people who can bang, and some that are also bigger too (Cotto, Canelo). Not to mention the skills that his opponents have acquired over careers of being inside a boxing ring.

Have you seen Conor's sparring videos on Instagram, too? He looks downright awful. Quite literally dog shit.

Here it is:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/etWbCUQ_68w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/etWbCUQ_68w</a>

Lord.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2017, 08:41:46 am »
I won't be watching it; saving my money for a real fight between Canelo and GGG.

That's going to be forgotten unforutantly, With this being three weeks before it this will catch every headline and hype

Mcgregor has no chance, Mayweather will TKO him after he gasses in the 6th round.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2017, 08:46:41 am »
The only interesting thing will be to see how McGregor reacts after 2 or 3 rounds when he realises he can't realistically do anything. Will he accept it and take the embarrassment? Or will his ego make him do something stupid to get out of there?

..... it's a shame this, I used to love boxing. The American Middleweights in the 80s, the British Super Middleweights in the 90s, absolute wars they were.

Can't they get Thunderlips to fight the winner?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2017, 08:46:53 am »
I'm really surprised by how much of a chance 7s is giving McGregor. This is going to be an exhibition for Floyd. Berto would smash mcgregor at boxing and he wasn't really worthy of sharing a ring with Floyd. Floyd ends his career by stopping him with absolute ease, then gets called boring  ;D

I'm not giving him a chance mate. I have said Floyd by shutout. All I am saying is Conor is a Southpaw, the bigger man with a bigger reach and that's not something Floyd usually has to deal with. Anyone who says they aren't things Floyd will be looking at can have a discussion with me all day on it!

That's not the same as me believing Floyd should stand him on his head like I said...

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2017, 09:09:39 am »
Reality can fuck off, I hope McGregor knocks his pan in! :o

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2017, 09:15:10 am »
Lets just hope McGregor gets fucked off after the first roumd and goes for a kick out of nowhere that knocks him out The fallout would be hilarious
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2017, 09:18:36 am »
Lets just hope McGregor gets fucked off after the first roumd and goes for a kick out of nowhere that knocks him out The fallout would be hilarious
Or a spinning back-hand? ;D ;D ;D

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2017, 09:20:42 am »
Wouldn't surprise me if Mayweather gets knocked down early on in an attempt to justify why this circus event is taking place. I can't see them allowing McGregor to be embarrassed. It'll be a complete show.

Betfair odds:

Mayweather 1.16
McGregor 7.6
Draw 50
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 09:23:33 am by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2017, 09:21:20 am »
Fair play to Vince McMahon, this will be the biggest WWE match of all ti- wait, this is going to be a boxing match? Oh dear.

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2017, 09:23:14 am »
Ridiculous. First time ever I want Mayweather to win.

This.
What do Fernando Hierro, Carles Puyol, Philipp Lahm, Andres Iniesta, Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Jordan Henderson share in common?

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2017, 09:27:52 am »
Great work on splitting this out from the boxing thread!

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2017, 09:29:41 am »
Tell you what, the real loser here is De La Hoya and Golden boy promotions, he shat all over this fight and threatened to boycott it by talking shit to Dana/Floyd by saying his promotions fight (Canello/GGG) is going to be the new Mayweather vs Pacman 2.

Now this circus of a fight is scheduled 3 weeks before the real boxing mega fight and unfortunately (apart from the die hards) people will forget about it as all the hype will be on Floyd and Conor

What I’d do if I was Oscar is hype both fights up now, make it seem like their could potentially be a Floyd (after he wins) vs GGG/Canello winner at 155lbs

Floyd retiring at 51-0 after defeating GGG (hopefully, he’s already beaten Canello) would be amazing
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 09:37:27 am by stevieG786 »

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
  • Killing threads and wrecking heads!
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2017, 09:29:56 am »
Cash is King.

People getting annoyed because it's a disgrace to boxing etc. Get a grip, it's an exhibition made by hype from one person who has never fought a professional boxing match and another who's 49-0. Say what you want about McGregor but he's in this for cash only and fair play to him for managing to make it happen.

Anything after the cash is a bonus to McGregor. I wouldn't mind getting schooled for an entire fight for $100m

Just switch the brain off, enjoy the build up and the spectacle.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2017, 09:30:44 am »
Fair play to Vince McMahon, this will be the biggest WWE match of all ti- wait, this is going to be a boxing match? Oh dear.
To be fair, if Mayweather can beat the big show, what chance does McGregor have

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/Ua3nTNttHKw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/Ua3nTNttHKw</a>
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2017, 09:32:46 am »
Cash is King.

People getting annoyed because it's a disgrace to boxing etc. Get a grip, it's an exhibition made by hype from one person who has never fought a professional boxing match and another who's 49-0. Say what you want about McGregor but he's in this for cash only and fair play to him for managing to make it happen.

Anything after the cash is a bonus to McGregor. I wouldn't mind getting schooled for an entire fight for $100m

Just switch the brain off, enjoy the build up and the spectacle.

Not annoyed, just feel pity for a once great sport.

Also exhibition matches should preferably be charity events.