Author Topic: Advice for International Visitor  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Liverpoolalabama

• rama lama ding dong
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Advice for International Visitor
« on: June 14, 2017, 03:11:43 pm »
Hello there!

I will be visiting England for the first time, and will be there during the first weekend of the premier league season. I have been following liverpool for 10+ years from the USA, and have always dreamed of going to a game.

I was disappointed to see the opening game as being @ Watford (was hoping for a home game), but I still plan to attend. Going to go up and see Anfield sometime that week so I can get a little bit of the experience.

Any advice for the best way to get tickets? Where should I sit (is it impossible to get some in the Liverpool section)?

Any help would be appreciated!

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
Re: Advice for International Visitor
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 03:21:54 pm »
Very difficult getting away tickets at the best of times if you're not a regular, they'll be like gold dust on the first day of the season. Theres a ticket exchange section on here I think for people looking for spares.

You'd be better off having a look around anfield then heading to a pub if you want a bit of a local experience.

Maybe pretend to be a Watford fan and ask the same question on one of their forums?

Good luck though.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 03:30:04 pm »
Should have waited to book your trip until after the fixtures were released.

Go to Liverpool anyway and spend a few days there in the City center or down by the Albert Docks. Take the whole place in. Book a tour of Anfield and visit the museum at Anfield. Cheaper to take the #17 bus to Anfield from town than a cab.

Take the train the Lime Street station and you're in the city center. Cab to the hotel unless it's walking distance. Oh, and don't take a Blue cab unless you want to hear all sorts.. ;)

Next time, plan better.  :P

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 03:40:30 pm »
Hope you enjoy your visit.

You will find a lot of questions answered & things to do here..

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=89051.0
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Liverpoolalabama

• rama lama ding dong
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 03:52:03 pm »
Yeah I didn't have much option on travel times. My wife is a school teacher and has to be back for school mid-August.

For a game such as Watford (not a hated team or anything), how risky would it be to sit on the home side if I can't get find some away tickets? I would not consider this for a game such as United or Chelsea as that would be suicidal

Appreciate the advice guys. 

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 04:16:22 pm »
So send the wife back, stay a few extra days and go to Anfield for a match;

Best to book a hospitality ticket for a home match.
https://hospitality.liverpoolfc.com/fixtures?utm_source=Online%20ad(13Apr17)&utm_medium=MPU_MAIN&utm_content=Ticketing&utm_campaign=Matchday_Hospitality_17-18_13Apr17

Do it asap before they sell out because they will.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 04:22:00 pm »
not sure which week you're here but if you are here the tuesday / wednesday after the watford game and the draw is favourable (home draw first leg) then you have a chance of the CL qualifier as i'd be amazed if that didn't drop to a general sale

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 04:44:14 pm »

For a game such as Watford (not a hated team or anything), how risky would it be to sit on the home side if I can't get find some away tickets? I would not consider this for a game such as United or Chelsea as that would be suicidal

As long as you keep your mouth shut and don't wear colours you'd be fine at any ground.

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 05:19:16 pm »
As long as you keep your mouth shut and don't wear colours you'd be fine at any ground.

Wouldn't even need to keep your mouth shut without a scouse accent just don't make it obvious you support Liverpool and you'd be fine anywhere.
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline DAK69

• Main Stander
  • LONG LIVE THE KING.
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 09:15:04 pm »
im not sure if we home or away for the qualifier 1st leg. But if we home that might suit you 

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 10:36:32 pm »
There'll be a ticket exchange closer to the game mate, we can't encourage ticket exchanges on here any earlier than that however unhelpful that may seem.

I've sent a pm to the OP explaining further the difficulties of obtaining tickets and facilitating exchanges.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:48:13 pm by John C »