Author Topic: The Kenny Dalglish Stand  (Read 35976 times)

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
Re: The Kenny Dalglish Stand
« Reply #160 on: May 4, 2017, 12:21:32 pm »
He's King Kenny.

Scores so many,
Ten a penny
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline AshLFC

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: May 4, 2017, 12:26:21 pm »
Made up

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #162 on: May 4, 2017, 12:30:52 pm »
Well in. Chuffed about Kenny and the decision. Totally deserved.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline TheMightyReds

• Full of B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T ;)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #163 on: May 4, 2017, 01:13:54 pm »
Good move. Now forever to be known as the King Kenny stand.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: May 4, 2017, 01:17:47 pm »
Was a surprise this to be honest...obviously it's a good thing the King getting recognised but didn't even know this was something being considered

maybe some prep before naming rights for main stand.....or just a nice motiveless gesture

The Centenary Stand was named as it was the 100th anniversary, so I guess they wanted to mark the 125th anniversary in a similar way.

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: May 4, 2017, 01:59:02 pm »
Now its about time it became the SIR KENNY DALGLISH STAND!!!! What has the guy got to do to get knighted FFS!!!

That lot up the road had whiskey nose and Busby knighted... yet the likes of Shanks, Paisley, Fagan and now Dalglish have all been overlooked.

I think given what he and Marina have given the City... there is no one that deserves it more!!!

100% this.

What a man, and he couldn't be more deserving. Some great comments by Henry and Werner as well to be fair.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 4, 2017, 02:09:37 pm »
Made my day hearing this. :wellin

He'd be so bloody honoured by it but he'd never let on.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 4, 2017, 02:37:42 pm »
any comments from Kenny yet?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: May 4, 2017, 03:05:55 pm »
Not seen any comments from Kenny but Kelly is wanting freebies off her old man.  ;D

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 4, 2017, 03:12:49 pm »
Hopefully they will put it up written on the top of the stand.

Offline holeinthehead

• Kemlynite
« Reply #170 on: May 4, 2017, 04:17:34 pm »
What he did after Hilsborough was great. Anfield stadium should be named after him

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #171 on: May 4, 2017, 06:13:35 pm »
Great news, fully deserved.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #172 on: May 4, 2017, 06:18:00 pm »
Great news if anybody at the club deserves it's King Kenny.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #173 on: May 4, 2017, 07:12:22 pm »
I always thought Bill Shankly deserved a stand naming after him for how he transformed our whole club and its mentality, but yes, Kenny is right up there with him. I remember feeling gutted when Kevin Keegan decided to leave us, but signing Kenny was a master stroke. I was at Wembley in '77 to see his debut Vs Salford. What a fantastic player, and what a fantastic, humble and dignified human being. He's right up there with the greats in the game and he is woven into the fabric of this club, just as this club is woven into the fabric of Kenny Dalglish.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: May 4, 2017, 08:17:34 pm »
22nd May evening with Dalglish

Tickets are now on sale for ‘An Evening with Kenny Dalglish’ on Monday May 22.

You can enjoy a night of fine food and entertainment whilst you get the chance to listen to the Reds legend offer insight into life at Anfield and stories from his career as both a player and a manager.

You’ll arrive at the stadium to a welcome drink, before going on to enjoy a delicious three-course meal prepared by LFC chefs, plus more fantastic entertainment throughout the evening – all for £135 per person.

So, don’t miss out on this unforgettable experience. Get your tickets now, or for further information on either of these special events call our Events Team on 0151 264 2222.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 4, 2017, 08:40:16 pm »
22nd May evening with Dalglish

Tickets are now on sale for ‘An Evening with Kenny Dalglish’ on Monday May 22.

You can enjoy a night of fine food and entertainment whilst you get the chance to listen to the Reds legend offer insight into life at Anfield and stories from his career as both a player and a manager.

You’ll arrive at the stadium to a welcome drink, before going on to enjoy a delicious three-course meal prepared by LFC chefs, plus more fantastic entertainment throughout the evening – all for £135 per person.

So, don’t miss out on this unforgettable experience. Get your tickets now, or for further information on either of these special events call our Events Team on 0151 264 2222.

What does that have to do with the new name for the stand?

Offline FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #176 on: May 4, 2017, 08:45:06 pm »
Fantastic news and a great way to honour a great man.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #177 on: May 4, 2017, 08:45:58 pm »
For the king- a more deserving and "better" honour than a knighthood, imo(although that would be welcomed ;)).

Fantastic decision!
« Last Edit: May 4, 2017, 08:50:44 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: May 4, 2017, 08:52:15 pm »
What does that have to do with the new name for the stand?

Just incase people missed it, not creating a thread for it. That ok with you?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 4, 2017, 08:53:15 pm »
Just incase people missed it, not creating a thread for it. That ok with you?

Yeah, just asking a question.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #180 on: May 6, 2017, 03:18:00 pm »
any comments from Kenny yet?
Probably something like "how much of the gate do I get" 😂
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #181 on: May 6, 2017, 03:25:28 pm »
A great tribute to a great man. My only neg would be that there isn't a stand named after Shanks and Bob. I know they have their own tributes but none as big as a stand.. Maybe this could be fixed if the ARE development ever gets off the ground.

We need to ensure the 'new' stand is given a warm welcome on Sunday for the royal visit!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 7, 2017, 07:12:41 am »
Can't think of anyone who deserves it more than the King himself. He's done so much for the club and the City over the years.
Give him a Knighthood next.

Offline smiggers

• Kopite
« Reply #183 on: May 9, 2017, 02:51:34 pm »
Twenty-five years ago today, Ronnie Moran led Liverpool out against Sunderland in the 1992 FA Cup Final #LFC #Liverpool #OTD                                       
https://twitter.com/MerseyGoals/status/861919174687416321   
Follow @MerseyGoals       

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 9, 2017, 07:49:10 pm »
Can't think of anyone who deserves it more than the King himself. He's done so much for the club and the City over the years.

Sir King Kenny doesn't sound right to me
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 9, 2017, 08:09:57 pm »

Is he even the kind of person who would want that?

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2017, 06:56:58 am »
A great tribute to a great man. My only neg would be that there isn't a stand named after Shanks and Bob. I know they have their own tributes but none as big as a stand.. Maybe this could be fixed if the ARE development ever gets off the ground.
Fair comment.

Shankly, Fagan and Paisley should be added to create a quartet.

Oh, and it seems that Ayre's stand sponsorship expectations have been quietly shelved

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2017, 08:55:04 am »
Is he even the kind of person who would want that?

A king is better than a knight! :)

I am not sure he would accept the establishment offering him this after the shit he went through after Hillsborough to no recognition really. Even if it happened I'd be a bit scornful thinking it's too little too late.

He's our royalty and always will be!

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2017, 01:28:04 pm »
Couldn't give a fuck about knighthoods. We can honour our own, in our own way.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2017, 01:33:11 pm »
A fucking knighthood after what the establishment did to this club? Fuck off!

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2017, 09:02:30 pm »
We could simply call this the King Stand no other words are really necessary?
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2017, 09:55:15 am »
With Van Dijk tipped to join us, we better hurry up and get this done before there is a call for a Lawrie McMenemy stand.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 12, 2017, 10:53:25 am »
Has anything been mentioned regarding any kind of opening/presentation regarding this and Kenny, for the last home game of the season.

Surely it would be an apt time to do so, in case they need to change any signage, corporate stuff, or literature, etc. regarding the new name, closed season.

To have the new name, up and running for next season.

Or has anything been muted for a later date?

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2017, 11:53:20 am »
Aint done this for years but feel it appropriate to post in this thread....

Me and old man have always had that classic Scouse dispute.....Kenny or Kevin.....KK was his generation and the King was mine. Then in 1985 the King was on the the Saturday Superstore Show. On the BBC....this was back in the day when you entered a competition by sending in a self addressed enveleope.....the question was for his prize was was "what other team have I scored for apart from Liverpool at Anfield ?".....knew the answer straight away it was Scotland v Wales in a Euro qualifier.....sent my post card in and thought nothing of it....next Saturday the one and only Midge Are from Ultravox pulled MY FUCKING CARD out of the tombolare...."The winner is Darren Brannigan from Merseyside" !!!!!!!!!!.....months and a few apologise letters came from LFC. Finally in the June later I get a call from a 'Sheila Walsh"...oh hello Darren Im Kenny Dalglish's secratary....any chance you can come to Anfield on Wednesday"......erm erm erm.....yeah ok. Me old man drove me to Anfield......walked into the 'players lounge" and next minute in walks the King...."Aye Darren good to meet ya pal...yee wanna come to me office".....utter dumb struck....me Dad guides me through....."sit down here Anna have a cuppa tea "...IN TH FUCKING BOOT ROOM....he thens passes me pair of Dalglisg Pumas Boots and Runners....shows me around Anfield and I think thats all it. K Darren...Im off to Melwood ye gonna come....and for fucks sake me old man offers to drive him :)...Nay bother Owen (Me Dad...I'll drive yo there and back...so there I am...15 years old sitting in the Kings Merc driving from Anfield to  Melwood....as we pull into Melwood there are kids my age banging on his windows thinking 'who day  fuck is that' :).....he looked after us for the next 4 hours like the legend he is....nothing was enough. Got back to Anfield...climbed into his boot....grabbed me his one of those classic umbra tops res with yellows pin strips...crown paints...7 on the back......signed it "To Darren...best wishes.  Kenny Dalglish"......said or good buys...still uttrerly dumb struck....few weeks later 'Shela" rings me again..."Kenny would like you to be his guest in the exec box in the Main Stand for the first home game of the season".....I FUCKING LOVE THAT THAN MAN FOR  WHAT HE DID THEN AND WHAT HE DID WHEN I WAS ONLY METRES FROM ME IN 89.....I never thought Id want to sit in the Kremiyn Stand ever again....but I will make a trip back from OZ and do it :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:56:29 am by Branno »
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2017, 11:59:05 am »
That's a belting story mate - did your dad change his mind over who was the better player?  :D

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2017, 12:36:30 pm »
That's a belting story mate - did your dad change his mind over who was the better player?  :D

Nope cos KK could header better....its continuous :)

"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2017, 02:48:12 pm »

Me and old man have always had that classic Scouse dispute.....Kenny or Kevin.....KK was his generation and the King was mine. Then in 1985 the King was on the the Saturday Superstore Show. On the BBC....this was back in the day when you entered a competition by sending in a self addressed enveleope.....the question was for his prize was was "what other team have I scored for apart from Liverpool at Anfield ?".....knew the answer straight away it was Scotland v Wales in a Euro qualifier.....sent my post card in and thought nothing of it....next Saturday the one and only Midge Are from Ultravox pulled MY FUCKING CARD out of the tombolare...."The winner is Darren Brannigan from Merseyside" !!!!!!!!!!.....months and a few apologise letters came from LFC. Finally in the June later I get a call from a 'Sheila Walsh"...oh hello Darren Im Kenny Dalglish's secratary....any chance you can come to Anfield on Wednesday"......erm erm erm.....yeah ok. Me old man drove me to Anfield......walked into the 'players lounge" and next minute in walks the King...."Aye Darren good to meet ya pal...yee wanna come to me office".....utter dumb struck....me Dad guides me through....."sit down here Anna have a cuppa tea "...IN TH FUCKING BOOT ROOM....he thens passes me pair of Dalglisg Pumas Boots and Runners....shows me around Anfield and I think thats all it. K Darren...Im off to Melwood ye gonna come....and for fucks sake me old man offers to drive him :)...Nay bother Owen (Me Dad...I'll drive yo there and back...so there I am...15 years old sitting in the Kings Merc driving from Anfield to  Melwood....as we pull into Melwood there are kids my age banging on his windows thinking 'who day  fuck is that' :).....he looked after us for the next 4 hours like the legend he is....nothing was enough. Got back to Anfield...climbed into his boot....grabbed me his one of those classic umbra tops res with yellows pin strips...crown paints...7 on the back......signed it "To Darren...best wishes.  Kenny Dalglish"......said or good buys...still uttrerly dumb struck....few weeks later 'Shela" rings me again..."Kenny would like you to be his guest in the exec box in the Main Stand for the first home game of the season".....I FUCKING LOVE THAT THAN MAN FOR  WHAT HE DID THEN AND WHAT HE DID WHEN I WAS ONLY METRES FROM ME IN 89.....I never thought Id want to sit in the Kremiyn Stand ever again....but I will make a trip back from OZ and do it :)

Thats absolutely brilliant.  Amazing memories..........ye jammy bastard  ;D

Offline WhingingMoaningUpstart

• 'The socialism I believe in is everyone working for each other, everyone having a share of the rewards. It’s the way I see football, the way I see life.' Bill Shankly
  • Anny Roader
  • Al-Monstart Ibn Paisley Ibn Shankly
« Reply #197 on: May 17, 2017, 05:00:31 am »

Incredible. Thank you for sharing this.
RAWK, where childish mods protect their cliques and punish dissenting voices.

Socialism is not communism.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #198 on: May 17, 2017, 06:43:45 am »
Incredible. Thank you for sharing this.
Wonderful!
Was it the  green Merc he made you ride in? Used to see him around West Derby in it. 

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 3, 2017, 10:28:29 pm »