Author Topic: Charlie Brooker's 2016 Wipe (9pm BBC2 Tonight!)  (Read 2672 times)

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Charlie Brooker's 2016 Wipe (9pm BBC2 Tonight!)
« on: December 29, 2016, 08:13:00 pm »
Thought it deserved its own thread. Wipe it out Mr Brooker.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 09:00:03 pm by Filler. »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Charlie Brooker's 2016 Wipe (9pm BBC1 Tonight!)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 08:38:27 pm »
Certainly isnt short of material.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Re: Charlie Brooker's 2016 Wipe (9pm BBC2 Tonight!)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 09:14:31 pm »
Cunk on Bowie and the Fawlty Towers bit were amazing :D
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 10:03:42 pm »
Brilliant as always.

Loved Brian Cox and fake BBC news.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 10:04:03 pm »
I need a bit of  distance from this shitty year before I can enjoy this.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 10:55:13 pm »
Cunk on Christmas which was on afterwards was absolutely brilliant aswell.

Amidst the comedy, the best moment of the Wipe for me was the, genuine, look of absolute disgust and hatred on Brooker's face after Frottage's "without a bullet being fired" scum comment.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 07:35:16 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EpjwteBCNn0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EpjwteBCNn0</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aBHuAmzw1mY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aBHuAmzw1mY</a>
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 07:45:31 am by Trada »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline bigal

• Not Bi. Or a Gal for that matter.
  • Kopite
  • Allez les rouges
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 08:37:00 am »

Amidst the comedy, the best moment of the Wipe for me was the, genuine, look of absolute disgust and hatred on Brooker's face after Frottage's "without a bullet being fired" scum comment.

Me too, more powerful than anything he could have said.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 09:03:13 pm »

Was excellent. An excellent double bill. I also really enjoyed the Kevin Bridges stand-up that came on afterwards too. For months now, I wondered if the BBC would give Brooker another hour on 2016, but nevertheless, a much needed viewing.

Think we all shared that 'well, I'll just go to bed now and see that Remain win/Trump lose emotion'. Although at about 2/3 am on each of those nights... I didn't want to look at my phone.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 10:21:27 pm »
Really enjoyed that. Don't really get to see much news due to working long hours. That's the first time I've seen a lot of the Trump stuff, I am absolutely shocked. How did it happen?
Also enjoyed Ronnie O'Sullivan falling flat on his face.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 08:30:06 am »
Enjoyed it as I have every past summary of his I've watched. Obviously, didn't know few of the 'stories' they showed but how fucking bizarre was the whole puddle thing? News eh?
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2016, 11:02:01 am »

Was excellent. An excellent double bill. I also really enjoyed the Kevin Bridges stand-up that came on afterwards too. For months now, I wondered if the BBC would give Brooker another hour on 2016, but nevertheless, a much needed viewing.

Think we all shared that 'well, I'll just go to bed now and see that Remain win/Trump lose emotion'. Although at about 2/3 am on each of those nights... I didn't want to look at my phone.

I wish that BBC2 line uip was for tonight to take us into the New Year it was the best line up over Christmas.

Robotwars, Charlie Brooker, Cunk on Christmas and finally Kevin Bridges.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2016, 11:09:29 am »
I wish that BBC2 line uip was for tonight to take us into the New Year it was the best line up over Christmas.

Robotwars, Charlie Brooker, Cunk on Christmas and finally Kevin Bridges.

And Inside no.9 too
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2016, 11:13:00 am »
And Inside no.9 too

Yes forgot about that as well.

Its got to be better than Robbie Rocks Big Ben Live tonight.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2016, 11:49:12 am »
And Inside no.9 too

That was excellent.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 11:47:17 am »
There will be no 2017 Wipe due to his work commitments. Shame its one of my Christmas highlights.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 12:03:01 pm »
There will be no 2017 Wipe due to his work commitments. Shame its one of my Christmas highlights.

http://abload.de/img/fuckevertonu4jcn.gif
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 12:05:02 pm by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 12:07:50 pm »
Not much content anyway

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2017, 01:52:36 pm »
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!! oh it's fine, we can watch Mrs Brown :/

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2017, 03:01:44 pm »
Bleh, would have taken a 2017 wipe over a new season of Black Mirror any day.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2017, 03:13:26 pm »
At least he could give us 10 minutes of Barry Shitpeas describing stuff he'd seen on telly, badly.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2017, 09:12:47 pm »
At least he could give us 10 minutes of Barry Shitpeas describing stuff he'd seen on telly, badly.

If Brooker is too busy, I'd be perfectly happy with Cunk and Shitpeas doing Wipe between them.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2017, 09:45:31 pm »
Christmas without Barry Shitpeas is like Christmas Dinner without sprouts. Pointless.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 06:52:09 am »
Looks like this will take its place really enjoyed the series very cutting.

Frankie Boyle returns to BBC Two this Christmas, and with the help of his guests will dissect the bewildering year that has just happened in Frankie Boyle’s 2017 New World Order.

The programme will feature Frankie at his brilliant, satirical best with stand-up, review and discussion - all in an attempt to make mincemeat of the last 12 months.

Frankie Boyle says: “I’m so delighted to be doing this show as that little period between Christmas and New Year is something that I’ve always wanted to ruin for everybody.”

Ruth Phillips, Joint Managing Director of Zeppotron, says: “From the Brexit fall-out to Weinstein, Trump to Kim Jong Un, 2017 certainly isn't going to leave Frankie short of things to chew over in his inimitable, provocative, scathingly funny way.”

Alex Moody, Commissioning Editor Comedy at the BBC, says: “After the well-received series run this year it’ll be fascinating - and possibly jaw-dropping - to hear what Frankie and his guests have to say about 2017. His scabrous way of getting beneath the skin of the major stories of the year will be both compelling and hilarious.”

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PfpArApkppo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PfpArApkppo</a>

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2017, 08:41:10 am »
Frankie is pretty awesome but he is slowly turning into a haggis

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2017, 07:33:22 pm »
The Boyle thing should be allright - but shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Wipe. At it's best Wipe was far more subtle than Boyle could ever manage.