Author Topic: 2017 in Music  (Read 100265 times)

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
Re: 2017 in Music
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2017, 06:40:14 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TuxVvtDt6ss" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TuxVvtDt6ss</a>

Came in to post about that. They sound like themselves and that's good praise. Love that band.

Saw Big Thief the other night and it was amazing. Great way to round off 2016 in music with my number 1 album of the year live. They played a new song and it was at least as good as anything on the record. They said that they will release a new album already this year, early summer. Can't fucking wait!

What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2017, 06:49:54 pm »
I have Big Thief gig soon-can't wait

Ryan Adams been doing secret gigs in Uk promoting Prisioner.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2017, 01:05:34 am »

Did you manage to catch him? His new album is sounding really good. I'm trying not to go too hard on it so early in the year. It's almost like Springsteen's "Nebraska" but in an electric sense, or something.

Enjoying new albums from Julie Byrne, Uniform and Japandroids. Plenty has dropped in January - don't know how to keep up!

Offline ChrisOH

• Main Stander
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2017, 12:40:32 pm »
Cloud Nothings - Life Without Sound

Been banging away on the keyboard in work whilst listening to this the past few days. Modern Act is a beautiful song.
Ye wha la.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2017, 01:51:47 pm »
Did you manage to catch him? His new album is sounding really good. I'm trying not to go too hard on it so early in the year. It's almost like Springsteen's "Nebraska" but in an electric sense, or something.

Enjoying new albums from Julie Byrne, Uniform and Japandroids. Plenty has dropped in January - don't know how to keep up!

We didn't man.

We had Cass Mccombs same night as Rough Trade thing and would have been 80 quid with travel, etc. Plus maybe losing money on Cass gig.

Didn't realise he would do 15 songs but videos from gig look rammed if at back.

Love the idea of him doing pop up shows though. Manchester one was literally announced an hour before
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2017, 05:24:36 pm »
New single from Yasmine Hamdan.

Album out March 17.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jUC5cVyQUH8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jUC5cVyQUH8</a>

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2017, 11:34:45 pm »
That Gnod album is fucking insane. (Album name: Just say no to the Psycho Right-Wing Capitalist Fascist Industrial Death Machine) The bar for the year is set. Great record to start the year. Resist!

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2017, 11:49:02 pm »
That Gnod album is fucking insane.

New GNOD? Oooh. Blimey, that was quick. I have a feeling that i said on here that the new Gnod album might be good, or was it someone else. Will look in :wave

Personally haven't listened to too much new stuff but enjoyed the new Nightingales EP, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs: Feed The Rats LP (highly recommended), and the Brian Eno 'Refections' LP. 54 mins one song ambient. If you wake up with a massive headache... close curtains, close eyes, put that on.

Have also been enjoying Car Seat Headrest this month. Oh, and fuck off January.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 11:50:42 pm by Filler. »

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2017, 11:58:56 pm »
That Gnod album is fucking insane.

Am listening in.... oh that's good. Yeah will have this up some later.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 1, 2017, 12:02:59 am »
... and yet, just allow Spotify to play one track from it. Interesting dichotomy going on.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 1, 2017, 07:54:02 am »
... and yet, just allow Spotify to play one track from it. Interesting dichotomy going on.

I think that's what Rocket Recordings do with their bigger ones. Put up a taster on the streamers. I guess they hedge their bets that the audience their bands tend to have still buy records - so to give the lazy lads (like me) a nudge out the door they only put up one. Gives the shops a bit of help. With the supply chain being decimated in indie land release dates mean little, so give them a chance for the physical copies to arrive too.

Early next month the whole thing will be up there - did it maybe with the Goat album last year(?) - gave it a week or 2.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2017, 08:08:44 am by Chip Evans »

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #91 on: February 1, 2017, 09:10:00 am »
new demarco

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/utdidBGSw5s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/utdidBGSw5s</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/[font=Verdana][size=5px]-fKLy0uKL3Y[/font][/size]" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/[font=Verdana][size=5px]-fKLy0uKL3Y[/font][/size]</a>

http://bugulp.com/hear-two-new-tracks-mac-demarcos-latest-album-old-dog/
« Last Edit: February 1, 2017, 09:57:09 am by greyfade »

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 1, 2017, 11:56:23 am »
Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs: Feed The Rats LP (highly recommended)

This is great - really enjoying it this morning.  Touch of more 70's influenced Boris efforts or Capricorns. Ta!

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #93 on: February 1, 2017, 10:44:29 pm »

He was on Lauren Laverne's show last week - in conversation and performing a couple of songs (from around the 2h10 mark if I remember correctly): http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b088nl0h

There's now a video for Do You Still Love Me? too:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GzZ7HvSnDQo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GzZ7HvSnDQo</a>

Looking forward to a full set of UK tour dates being released...hopefully soon.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2017, 10:46:48 pm by jackh »

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: February 2, 2017, 06:34:15 am »
I think that's what Rocket Recordings do with their bigger ones. Put up a taster on the streamers. I guess they hedge their bets that the audience their bands tend to have still buy records - so to give the lazy lads (like me) a nudge out the door they only put up one. Gives the shops a bit of help. With the supply chain being decimated in indie land release dates mean little, so give them a chance for the physical copies to arrive too.

Early next month the whole thing will be up there - did it maybe with the Goat album last year(?) - gave it a week or 2.

Rocket Recordings either have a very intense following, or they release a very limited number of their limited edition LP's. Bit of both I'm guessing. The new GNOD album in ltd ed red and black paint splatter vinyl sold out, then I see a live double LP by Hills (yet to be released) in 'beer and cream' coloured vinyl is also sold out. Both look delicious. Am such a whore for this kind of thing. Gutted. The Gnod album has a release date of Mar 31st! You've managed to hear the whole thing?

They have an impressive roster on their books, much to explore today.

John Shuttleworth is also releasing a double 'best of' album - 'The A1111 and Other Ones!'.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 2, 2017, 08:37:20 am »
Rocket Recordings either have a very intense following, or they release a very limited number of their limited edition LP's. Bit of both I'm guessing. The new GNOD album in ltd ed red and black paint splatter vinyl sold out, then I see a live double LP by Hills (yet to be released) in 'beer and cream' coloured vinyl is also sold out. Both look delicious. Am such a whore for this kind of thing. Gutted. The Gnod album has a release date of Mar 31st! You've managed to hear the whole thing?

They have an impressive roster on their books, much to explore today.

John Shuttleworth is also releasing a double 'best of' album - 'The A1111 and Other Ones!'.

Worked in a record shop for about 100 years before moving on a couple of years ago. Promos and listening codes etc. Got a listen to a couple of extra tracks in a friend's last weekend. As heavy as the tune on Spotify.  But will need to make do with the track on Spotify for repeated listens, which is awesome.

Didn't even see the release date which is ages away - presumed I'd be able to get it in the next week or so. Why do such a limited pressing of the black and red? Still that must be like 250 copies.  Heartening they can sell so many.

The last 2 Hey Colossus albums are great if you are going through the rocket cat - In Black and Gold is probably most up your street. And the Oneida thing they put out is good.  There's an old Mammatus album up there too. It's magnificent.

https://mammatus.bandcamp.com/album/mammatus

As an aside if you buy anything this weekend buy it on bandcamp.  They are donated everything to the ACLU for tomorrow.  Drag City have finally made their catalogue available up there too.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2017, 08:43:26 am by Chip Evans »

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 2, 2017, 10:53:31 am »
Heads up Future Islands fans, the wait for new music is finally over. The Baltimore band today released ‘Run’, the first cut off their upcoming record The Far Field – due for release April 7.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BGi-wJP1q6o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BGi-wJP1q6o</a>

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #97 on: February 2, 2017, 01:45:21 pm »
Saw Conor Oberst last night in London.

Phoebe Bridgers supported-she's ace.

Gig was great. Duo show.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #98 on: February 2, 2017, 02:02:49 pm »
Saw Conor Oberst last night in London.

Phoebe Bridgers supported-she's ace.

Gig was great. Duo show.

Heading to Manchester to see him this evening - can't wait.

Saw/heard Lua on MTV2's Americana back in 2004/05 and was hooked - I remember picking up the double album release of I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning and Digital Ash in a Digital Urn on my 16th birthday, and it's been rare to go more than a couple of weeks without listening to some Oberst/Bright Eyes ever since.  Have never seen him live though.

Phoebe Bridgers has been working with Ryan Adams a bit too - I think she's signed/going to be signed to his PaxAm label.  He was posting about one of her songs on Twitter recently:

Smoke Signals:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vAKg267JgBE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vAKg267JgBE</a>

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #99 on: February 2, 2017, 04:49:44 pm »
Enjoy man. Really good gig although shattered today.

Look forward to review

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 3, 2017, 12:12:16 am »
Worked in a record shop for about 100 years before moving on a couple of years ago. Promos and listening codes etc. Got a listen to a couple of extra tracks in a friend's last weekend. As heavy as the tune on Spotify.  But will need to make do with the track on Spotify for repeated listens, which is awesome.

Didn't even see the release date which is ages away - presumed I'd be able to get it in the next week or so. Why do such a limited pressing of the black and red? Still that must be like 250 copies.  Heartening they can sell so many.

The last 2 Hey Colossus albums are great if you are going through the rocket cat - In Black and Gold is probably most up your street. And the Oneida thing they put out is good.  There's an old Mammatus album up there too. It's magnificent.

As an aside if you buy anything this weekend buy it on bandcamp.  They are donated everything to the ACLU for tomorrow.  Drag City have finally made their catalogue available up there too.

Cheers for the heads up on that. Going to indulge in Mammatus tomorrow. Heard the Black and Gold album - thought it rang a bell. I don't know why I'm so upset about the GNOD vinyl - it's not like I can listen to records yet! STILL in a box. Must be 6 years! I like GNOD. Fell in love with the name first. Their previous LP to Mirror I think is better. Infinity something. Maybe I'll just get that. I'd like to read a full on article -pics/vids/scans/links etc - interested in their story and links to Islington Mill mostly... seems to be some wheels in motion about them which is good. I could be high.

Very enjoyable 2 hour radio interview with The Nightingales today on Brum Radio

https://www.mixcloud.com/BrumRadio/dave-travis-freak-scene-with-the-nightingales-02022017/

Took the godly* Robert Lloyd (lead Nightingale) approximately 4 weeks to 1) form a band (with The Prefects) 2) Go on tour with one of the first ever punk gigs with The Clash - The White Riot Tour (1977) and 3) Get a Peel Session. That's a hell of a four week period of time. Much like ours but in a totally different direction. Jesus. What a fuckin' month. On a different horse. It's part 5.

Great story from Fliss the drummer - an excellent drummer - an early band that she had going played in a local band competetion in Norwich, and it came second to a band called Brutal Abortion. Much laughter.

Lloyd had no time at all for the Clash. Makes a reasonable point. They had no clothes, so they were given Clash t-shirts to wear - was almost pushed onto them, and quite rightly, thought 'am not wearing a clash t-shirt', and wore them inside out. They got a heap of abuse about 'disrespect'. Er?

* Had never seen the Nightingales till ATP - didn't know much about them at all, but shit me did Robert Lloyd own that stage. Mark E Smith can own a stage, but there's a bit of pantomime going on there... Lloyd just cut thru ALL crap. He was immense.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #101 on: February 3, 2017, 07:25:06 pm »

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #102 on: February 4, 2017, 12:17:16 am »
We didn't man.

We had Cass Mccombs same night as Rough Trade thing and would have been 80 quid with travel, etc. Plus maybe losing money on Cass gig.

Didn't realise he would do 15 songs but videos from gig look rammed if at back.

Love the idea of him doing pop up shows though. Manchester one was literally announced an hour before

Yeah, just saw some of those videos. He'll be back, though. He's doing Green Man so it's a given.

Will have to check GNOD out. Completely passed me by.

Have either you or Filler checked out the new one from Code Orange? Basically abrasive thrashy grindcore made by a bunch of degenerates! Really nihilistic stuff. The lyrics are laughable at times, but it's raw and real.

Another album that's got me is the Preists' debut, 'Nothing Feels Natural'. Dark, direct and politically engaging in a foil of punky syth-pop. Highly recommended and Pitchfork have nailed it with their review, I think. http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/22740-nothing-feels-natural/

Lastly, the new Bats is lovely. Bands like The Bats are incapable of making a bad album.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: February 4, 2017, 12:25:33 am »
New Code Orange is awesome.

As is the new album from The Menzingers, which everyone should be checking out.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #104 on: February 4, 2017, 12:39:12 am »

Nice :)

Was just reading about The Mezingers. Will definitely check out this afternoon. Thanks!

Offline Brooklyn

• Kopite
« Reply #105 on: February 4, 2017, 12:59:32 am »

Yeah, that Menzingers album is ace.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 4, 2017, 01:32:57 am »
More songs from the upcoming Father John Misty album out. It really looks like the whole election farce has taken a toll on him and subjectively it appears he's gone from writing songs about love to writing songs about how the world's fucked. It's that or he just read Camus' The Outsider.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #107 on: February 4, 2017, 08:24:39 am »
More songs from the upcoming Father John Misty album out. It really looks like the whole election farce has taken a toll on him and subjectively it appears he's gone from writing songs about love to writing songs about how the world's fucked. It's that or he just read Camus' The Outsider.

Not convinced with any of the songs. Very one paced. The album is 75 minutes too so be interesting to hear it.

I know he splits opinion but it became tiresome for fans when he he toured for 18 months plus playing the same set without even roadtesting new songs.

Also, I thought he was a massive dick last year with things like the Radcliffe / Maconie interview and the spat with Strand Of Oaks following him playing two songs at a 50 min festival set and ranting for the rest.

There might be a backlash against him this year.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2017, 08:26:57 am by Nick110581 »

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 4, 2017, 05:44:06 pm »
The album is 75 minutes

...and I'm out. That's ridiculous, I like him but I'm not listening to his schtick for that long.

I think you're right about the backlash. Mark Kozelek did a similar thing after finally getting commercial notice, just went round on tour being a massive nark. Doesn't half put me off artists. Be grateful we're listening, people ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #109 on: February 4, 2017, 06:24:39 pm »
That Radcliffe / Maconie appearance prompted a kind of U-Turn on FJM...and I'd been a fan since 'Fear Fun'....tried listening since but  cant shift the thought that im indulging a bit of a tosser
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 4, 2017, 06:48:55 pm »
That Radcliffe / Maconie appearance prompted a kind of U-Turn on FJM...and I'd been a fan since 'Fear Fun'....tried listening since but  cant shift the thought that im indulging a bit of a tosser

I've got the same thing.

Weird as in my top ten all time albums is John Phillips' 'The Wolf King of LA' and he was an utterly despicable human being, despite making brilliant music. But I didn't have to deal with him in the media while I listened to the record, whereas with FJM he's all over music sites being a prick every week or so as the fucking major music marketing machine mulches music into mainstream maximum overdrive. Yeah, we get it Dad, you're American but yet you (almost) understand sarcasm and irony, it doesn't make you a fucking genius, get over yourself.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #111 on: February 4, 2017, 07:11:48 pm »

Weird as in my top ten all time albums is John Phillips' 'The Wolf King of LA'

I feel you.....Jerry Lee Lewis's 'Live At The Star Club' is in mine  ;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 4, 2017, 07:15:05 pm »
Just started listening to an ozzy band called Dune Rats, who've just got an new album out. They're a bit raw, but worth a listen for (skate) punk fans. Zac Carper from FIDLAR produced it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 4, 2017, 08:04:39 pm »
I feel you.....Jerry Lee Lewis's 'Live At The Star Club' is in mine  ;D

Hahaha...Chinatown is in my top films and all ;D can't escape the bad men who make great art...

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 4, 2017, 11:27:15 pm »
Have either you or Filler checked out the new one from Code Orange? Basically abrasive thrashy grindcore made by a bunch of degenerates! Really nihilistic stuff. The lyrics are laughable at times, but it's raw and real.

I'll take that as a compliment  ;D I will give that a whirl. I'm not really a huge stoner/mosh/legs spread/heavy music lover, but occasionally something comes along that interests me enough to read about them etc. I don't class GNOD in that. I get most of it from Chip! He's the peddler here. Enjoying the Mammutnus album. Didn't think I was going to so had a spliff. Does seem to work well. Really must go to this years Psych Fest. High On Fire I used to like alot. Watched The Heads for about 5 minutes way out to the side at ATP and then moved on. I'd just bought three of their LP's aswell, so was looking forward to it, but it was rammed and thumping but wasn't in the mood. We'd just got back from the chalet etc. Was a wonderfully meaty moment tho. Julian Cope is getting me into it too. Never a massive Cope fan - old close mate/flatsharer was a devotee. He's a better writer I think. Man's a fucking dude. He reminds me of a mate of mine Bill.

It's not something I often 'slip on' tho. Got a session with Black Sabbath coming up soon. Last gig tonight is it or has it been? The mighty Black Sabbath... literally 'retire'. How?

edit: do give GNOD a go... Infinity Machines could be a good starter before Mirror.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2017, 11:28:54 pm by Filler. »

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 5, 2017, 12:31:03 am »
Just started listening to an ozzy band called Dune Rats, who've just got an new album out. They're a bit raw, but worth a listen for (skate) punk fans. Zac Carper from FIDLAR produced it.

I've seen Dune Rats live before. They're a bit nuts and they've got quite a few great tunes.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 5, 2017, 12:39:30 am »
Not convinced with any of the songs. Very one paced. The album is 75 minutes too so be interesting to hear it.

I know he splits opinion but it became tiresome for fans when he he toured for 18 months plus playing the same set without even roadtesting new songs.

Also, I thought he was a massive dick last year with things like the Radcliffe / Maconie interview and the spat with Strand Of Oaks following him playing two songs at a 50 min festival set and ranting for the rest.

There might be a backlash against him this year.

He's a flat out wanker, so I don't follow any of the noise around him. But, I really really like the new songs. I think all his self-referential cynicism works best when directed at society. He's actually got a really sarcastic sense of humour that works for that kind of commentary. But yeah, it's obvious he's a complete prick that's smarter than the average musician and that makes him think he's some PhD in the humanities.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #117 on: February 5, 2017, 12:40:30 am »

Bob's grandson, Skip just released this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/t6Y7yQIZT4Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/t6Y7yQIZT4Q</a>

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 5, 2017, 07:17:50 pm »
Nightingales are playing the Occii in Amsterdam on 2nd March. 3 support bands, 8 euro. Get in!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #119 on: February 5, 2017, 08:13:44 pm »
Thee Oh Sees playing near me in May.

Not a band I listen to loads at home but pretty into that last album when I whack headphones on.