Author Topic: Alberto Moreno: Ghost in the Shell  (Read 444832 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Alberto Moreno: Ghost in the Shell
« Reply #2280 on: October 15, 2017, 12:45:00 pm »

Maybe he does his best thinking on the toilette? So maybe it his I've thought this out voice?

He certainly leaves the best bit of him in the toilet
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #2281 on: October 15, 2017, 06:52:58 pm »
Looks like him being out of the team for the whole of last season was Klopp working with him in training.

Looks to have paid off,another good game from him today.
The thing is Klopp wanted to sell him.
Liverpool were waiting for an acceptable offer coming in to offload him.
Klopp changed his mind when Moreno put in a more than decent performance against Bayern during preseason. 
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2282 on: October 15, 2017, 07:37:00 pm »
The thing is Klopp wanted to sell him.
Liverpool were waiting for an acceptable offer coming in to offload him.
Klopp changed his mind when Moreno put in a more than decent performance against Bayern during preseason.

Unless you are Jurgen, can you provide a source for these claims?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2283 on: October 15, 2017, 08:20:39 pm »

Unlikely, it's speculation as far as I can tell.

As for Moreno, I feel that he's suffered because of the frustrating results. Because of his rocky history, he's been blamed for certain things that aren't really his fault. Or he's simply blamed for being on the pitch when we don't win. It's essentially a prejudice - which is pretty reasonable given his track record and ability to throw in a clanger.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2284 on: October 15, 2017, 08:52:28 pm »
Full backs tend to look decent against teams who refuse to attack . Moreno was decent but there are tougher tasks ahead xx
Those teams are increasing by the season though Al, startlingly so that even Man U have done it two years on the trot. Among other negative mutterings, a bloke behind me exclaimed "what the fuck is Moreno doing there", I didn't bother replying adhering to instructions.

We don't endorse criticising players to praise another on here but he's a cracking example of how it can be applied though, if there is one player Klopp can simply ask to do a job for him on any day it's him. Unlike any of our 3 MF's.

Offline MihawkLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Meh.
« Reply #2285 on: October 15, 2017, 10:21:09 pm »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-alberto-moreno-reckons-left-11266569

Can't be more legit then the player himself saying it.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #2286 on: October 16, 2017, 12:17:43 am »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-alberto-moreno-reckons-left-11266569

Can't be more legit then the player himself saying it.

Except he said that the word was he was on the move. I.e. the rumour mill, not the club telling him to find a new club.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #2287 on: October 16, 2017, 02:49:24 pm »
He's done well so far this season. He provides a great attacking outlet on the left and has always linked up well with Coutinho. As long as he stays concentrated defensively, I am pleased to have him in the squad.

On another note, I still can't get over the fact Neville claimed Moreno isn't a Premier League quality left-back. Laughable.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #2288 on: October 16, 2017, 05:07:55 pm »

He's done well so far this season. He provides a great attacking outlet on the left and has always linked up well with Coutinho. As long as he stays concentrated defensively, I am pleased to have him in the squad.

On another note, I still can't get over the fact Neville claimed Moreno isn't a Premier League quality left-back. Laughable.

He said it very early like maybe when Moreno made his first touch or when they announced the line-up. But he was unrelenting in his criticism throughout like it was on some taped loop. Moron.

At the beginning of the match he also said some ridiculous catch phrase of punditry: "This derby is decided in the first 20 minutes, both teams will be coming out to win" or something similar. I debated turning off the sound, but I wanted to hear Anfield in voice.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2289 on: October 17, 2017, 02:15:45 pm »
I fucking love Albie.

Offline Fruit Salah

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2290 on: October 17, 2017, 06:00:11 pm »
He's been our best defender this season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #2291 on: October 18, 2017, 12:33:02 am »

A lot of folks give Clyne credit for being a reliably consistent performer. Moreno's performances this season have been that level of consistency. It's early days but his improvement seems to have some firm footings.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #2292 on: October 18, 2017, 01:52:06 am »
This thread is gonna die out because there's nothing left to hate about Monero. I'd easily say that Robertson was the 2nd best signing of our summer. His competition has lead to Monero becoming a class fullback.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2293 on: October 18, 2017, 02:22:59 am »
Well in, Albie, lad. Sound as a pound
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2294 on: October 18, 2017, 10:24:20 am »
Bit weird that he's turned into a steady eddie. Just seems to be doing his work in an uncomplicated and effective way. Long may it continue!

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2295 on: October 18, 2017, 10:33:27 am »
Except he said that the word was he was on the move. I.e. the rumour mill, not the club telling him to find a new club.

In fact we rejected interest from a few and an actual bit form Napoli didn't we?

It's hard to know exactly when but it seems clear that at some point a decision was made that Milner at full back wasn't happening anymore and that Moreno and Robertson would be the two left backs

He's been really good this season - in fact I hope that if he does make a mistake at some point (which is inevitable eventually) that we don't all pile on. He's shown real quality - like clear top 6 club level of ability as an attacking full back and he should be stuck with now

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #2296 on: October 18, 2017, 10:35:33 am »
He's playing like my dream LB this season. Tons of pace, energy, fight, determination, overlaps, no mistakes whatsoever, absolutely beautiful.

So happy for him , he's a joy to watch these days.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2297 on: October 18, 2017, 10:43:41 am »
Last night, Jim Beglin picked up on how Gini was dropping in to cover the LB position when Albie went marauding forward.

I noticed Hendo was also doing the same against Utd.

This is obviously Jurgen's directive and by god I like it when done properly.  Moreno's assist stats could well start racking up the more freedom to go forward he's given knowing his position is covered :)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #2298 on: October 18, 2017, 10:43:52 am »
He's been really good this season - in fact I hope that if he does make a mistake at some point (which is inevitable eventually) that we don't all pile on. He's shown real quality - like clear top 6 club level of ability as an attacking full back and he should be stuck with now
Yup, agree with all that. Great turnaround in form and fortunes. Shown great character and we need players with heart and determination. He’s earned a free pass or two (and maybe we’ve learned how to cover for him better as well, as he’s inevitably gonna find himself caught upfield sometimes). Some healthy competition for places now.

Online bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #2299 on: October 18, 2017, 10:55:11 am »
Another excellent game from Albie. Time to change the thread title?

Offline Fruit Salah

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2300 on: October 18, 2017, 10:59:59 am »
That late burst he makes out side Coutinho is lethal.. a great weapon to have

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2301 on: October 18, 2017, 11:00:39 am »
For every good full back that goes forward there has to be someone covering his position. That's down to team togetherness but also the individual knowing when to make the runs. Part of Moreno's initial criticism was bombing forward at every possible occasion.

Vast improvement.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2302 on: October 18, 2017, 11:04:01 am »
He's been really, really good.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2303 on: October 18, 2017, 12:54:47 pm »
Last night, Jim Beglin picked up on how Gini was dropping in to cover the LB position when Albie went marauding forward.

I noticed Hendo was also doing the same against Utd.

This is obviously Jurgen's directive and by god I like it when done properly.  Moreno's assist stats could well start racking up the more freedom to go forward he's given knowing his position is covered :)

Think it was Emre not Gini but yeah, the point still stands.

Thought Albie had another great game last night. Really pleased for him, he seems like a good lad and obviously has taken a lot of advice on board. Still prone to bits of craziness but I guess that's why we love him!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #2304 on: October 18, 2017, 01:11:32 pm »
Its easy to say he looked good last night because Maribor never attacked us, but the truth is he has looked decent, solid and steady for a while now.

Made up for the kid, he's been labelled a laughing stock by sections of our fans, been ripped in the press and been on the verge of leaving, but he's making massive strides to turn it round and become a decent LB, well in Albie, well in.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2305 on: October 19, 2017, 06:01:35 am »
Its easy to say he looked good last night because Maribor never attacked us, but the truth is he has looked decent, solid and steady for a while now.

Made up for the kid, he's been labelled a laughing stock by sections of our fans, been ripped in the press and been on the verge of leaving, but he's making massive strides to turn it round and become a decent LB, well in Albie, well in.

Tbf, he was a laughing stock for a period. He as good as threw away the Europa League for us against Sevilla and his performance against Arsenal in the first half of the opening game last season was one of the worst I've seen a Liverpool player have.

And i think the circumstances upon which he was reintroduced to the team were bizarre to say the least when he looked certain to leave.

But credit to him so far he's done well this season and as others have alluded to seems to be simplifying his game rather than the gung ho nonsense we saw from him before

Still not convinced long term he's the answer but if he keeps this up he'll have proved me wrong.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2306 on: October 19, 2017, 06:05:32 am »
He's got great physical tools and his awareness and tactical game are both improving all the time but you can't help but be impressed by his attitude. Klopp probably fucking loves him for it. He's been mocked, kicked from pillar to post, looked like he was leaving and when given another chance unexpectedly he's grabbed it with both hands and ran with it. It couldn't have been easy for him but he's a passionate, energetic lad who seems like he'd be great company and he's obviously channelled all of that to keep working hard and not let his spirits get too down.

Keep at it Albie lad. You've been fucking quality this season.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2307 on: October 22, 2017, 05:55:04 pm »
A solid game from Albie again, one of the few bright spots on the field today.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2308 on: October 22, 2017, 05:57:06 pm »
Our best defender this season and that is a fucking fact.
Well done Alberto.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2309 on: October 22, 2017, 07:03:07 pm »
Our best defender this season and that is a fucking fact.
Well done Alberto.

Fact check: We rate this statement True.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2310 on: October 22, 2017, 07:03:59 pm »
One of the few players to come out of today with any credit, Gomez and Salah being the other two. Keep up the good work Albie.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2311 on: October 22, 2017, 07:05:43 pm »
He's got great physical tools and his awareness and tactical game are both improving all the time but you can't help but be impressed by his attitude. Klopp probably fucking loves him for it. He's been mocked, kicked from pillar to post, looked like he was leaving and when given another chance unexpectedly he's grabbed it with both hands and ran with it. It couldn't have been easy for him but he's a passionate, energetic lad who seems like he'd be great company and he's obviously channelled all of that to keep working hard and not let his spirits get too down.

Keep at it Albie lad. You've been fucking quality this season.

The thing I find impressive about Moreno is that he never drops his head or says stupid shit in public like Lovren does. He's a simpleton, but at least he's found a niche for himself. As long as he plays within himself, he'll do fine.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2312 on: October 22, 2017, 07:07:53 pm »
Has improved from last season. He is still part of a sub par defence, but he has shown there is a way back, even when most have give up hope of it.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2313 on: October 22, 2017, 08:24:40 pm »
Really seems to have turned himself around. He's playing much better defensively while still retaining his offensive ability

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2314 on: October 22, 2017, 10:09:01 pm »
He is playing very well! I must say, I was extremely sceptical going into this season about Moreno being our first choice LB but he is playing so well. Has to keep it up for the season though.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2315 on: October 22, 2017, 10:10:44 pm »
Has been ok. Think people are going a bit OTT on how good he has been.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2316 on: October 22, 2017, 10:15:32 pm »
He has an infectious love for the game, exemplary attitude and has been brilliant so far.

Well done Moreno, keep going lad🎉

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2317 on: October 22, 2017, 10:20:47 pm »
Has been ok. Think people are going a bit OTT on how good he has been.

Come on, he's playing pretty decent. I still would have sold him out during the off season and I'd personally still prefer to see Robbo in the team. But can't complain, he's shown Lucas-like character to bounce back. Fucking admire the guy for that alone.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2318 on: October 22, 2017, 10:25:21 pm »
Come on, he's playing pretty decent. I still would have sold him out during the off season and I'd personally still prefer to see Robbo in the team. But can't complain, he's shown Lucas-like character to bounce back. Fucking admire the guy for that alone.

Yes he has done ok. Hasnt made a massive error, providing an outlet without being a threat going forward. But he is a fullback so i guess there isnt much more we should expect of him.

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #2319 on: October 23, 2017, 12:19:59 am »
Seems to have improved some defensively but completely over rated going forward, he has so many opportunities to find a player with a cut back or cross but invariably ends up whacking the ball into the opposite stand.