Author Topic: Chilcot Report (*) - Grijhva Cncivtion  (Read 20288 times)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Chilcot Report (*) - Grijhva Cncivtion
« on: July 5, 2016, 09:56:09 pm »
The Chilcot Report is due out tomorrow.

http://www.iraqinquiry.org.uk/

Behave.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2017, 03:09:43 pm by SP »

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: Chilcot Report (*)
« Reply #1 on: July 5, 2016, 10:12:05 pm »
Should be an interesting day.

but watched C4 news earlier and they interviewed the 1st sea lord at the time and he said he was not asked to appear at Chilcot and he said he was asked to prepare for war months before it happened.

So all that time and money and they didn't interview  the 1st sea lord
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #2 on: July 5, 2016, 10:13:22 pm »

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 5, 2016, 10:15:25 pm »
Didn't see the interview Trada, but a key function of the military is based around preparedness for war.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4 on: July 5, 2016, 10:16:30 pm »
The Ant and Dec - lets get ready to rumble thread, awakens............

PS, only the boss mods use the snowflake in the fingernails, thingy.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 5, 2016, 10:25:32 pm »

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 5, 2016, 10:32:55 pm »
That timeline is hilarious..  ;D

The dog :lmao

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7 on: July 5, 2016, 10:36:36 pm »
Should be an interesting day.

but watched C4 news earlier and they interviewed the 1st sea lord at the time and he said he was not asked to appear at Chilcot and he said he was asked to prepare for war months before it happened.

So all that time and money and they didn't interview  the 1st sea lord

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/chilcot-report-iraq-war-inquiry-tony-blair-un-resolution-planned-to-go-before-a7120201.html

Would that have come under the terms of reference of the inquiry?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 5, 2016, 10:59:11 pm »
I think it's worth pre-emptively leaving a link to the International Criminal Court's (ICC's) 'War Crimes' definition here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Criminal_Court#War_crimes

I fear there's a risk of it being misappropriated

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 5, 2016, 11:01:06 pm »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/chilcot-report-iraq-war-inquiry-tony-blair-un-resolution-planned-to-go-before-a7120201.html

Would that have come under the terms of reference of the inquiry?

The problem with proving that is that the preparations could be viewed through the prism of preparedness. If the forces were in readiness and capable of the operation, it renders an invasion as a possible course of action. It's circumstantial rather than damning.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 5, 2016, 11:22:11 pm »
 Posted this in Labour thread, but more suited to this...
: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/the-case-against-blair-15-charges-that-have-yet-to-be-answered-2190375.html

Incidentally Lord Goldsmith (whose sudden 180 gave st Anthony a tenuous thread of legality to his Invasion plans. ) Went on to become an equity partner in Debevoise & Plimpton (founded in 2003) and his law firm got to represent the Guantanamo detainees... Its a small world.         

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #11 on: July 5, 2016, 11:26:49 pm »
Institutions will be blamed more than individuals, but the judgment of some individuals will be questioned.

No one will change their mind, as we've pretty much all heard the evidence and have formed our opinion.

Some will claim it is a whitewash as it fails to throw certain individuals under a bus.

No one will be put forward for being prosecuted for war crimes.  Mostly because no international laws were broken, and the purpose of the report was nothing to do with that what so ever.

People from both sides of the fence will claim that views have been misrepresented.

The lessons to be learned from the conflict have (pretty much) already been learned.  However, in the fullness of time, they will be forgotten and the same mistakes made in the future.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: July 5, 2016, 11:42:50 pm »
It will be interesting to see what's not in the report, or how much of it is redacted.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 6, 2016, 12:02:03 am »
I think it's worth pre-emptively leaving a link to the International Criminal Court's (ICC's) 'War Crimes' definition here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Criminal_Court#War_crimes

I fear there's a risk of it being misappropriated
War of Aggression ?

" A war of aggression, sometimes also war of conquest, is a military conflict waged without the justification of self-defense, usually for territorial gain and subjugation. The phrase is distinctly modern and diametrically opposed to the prior legal international standard of "might makes right", under the medieval and pre-historic beliefs of right of conquest. Since the Korean War of the early 1950s, waging such a war of aggression is a crime under the customary international law. Possibly the first trial for waging aggressive war is that of the Sicilian king Conradin in 1268.[1]

Wars without international legality (e.g. not out of self-defense nor sanctioned by the United Nations Security Council) can be considered wars of aggression; however, this alone usually does not constitute the definition of a war of aggression; certain wars may be unlawful but not aggressive (a war to settle a boundary dispute where the initiator has a reasonable claim, and limited aims, is one example). 

In the judgment of the International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg, which followed World War II, "War is essentially an evil thing. Its consequences are not confined to the belligerent states alone, but affect the whole world. To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."[2] [3] Article 39 of the United Nations Charter provides that the UN Security Council shall determine the existence of any act of aggression and "shall make recommendations, or decide what measures shall be taken in accordance with Articles 41 and 42, to maintain or restore international peace and security".

The Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court refers to the crime of aggression as one of the “most serious crimes of concern to the international community”, and provides that the crime falls within the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court (ICC). However, the Rome Statute stipulates that the ICC may not exercise its jurisdiction over the crime of aggression until such time as the states parties agree on a definition of the crime and set out the conditions under which it may be prosecuted. At the Review Conference in June 11, 2010 a total of 111 State Parties to the Court agreed by consensus to adopt a resolution accepting the definition of the crime and the conditions for the exercise of jurisdiction over this crime.[4] The relevant amendments to the Statute, however has not been entered into force yet as of May 14, 2012."

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 6, 2016, 12:54:47 am »

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #15 on: July 6, 2016, 04:46:14 am »
Think this will be a whitewash personally unless it covers the infamous conversation between Bush and Blair where they both agreed to invade doing 'God's Duty', prior to a vote in Parliament.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: July 6, 2016, 06:43:40 am »
Think this will be a whitewash personally unless it covers the infamous conversation between Bush and Blair where they both agreed to invade doing 'God's Duty', prior to a vote in Parliament.
This report is more of an historical account.

If that conversation is already in the public domain, I'm not sure what people think the report is going to add to it.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #17 on: July 6, 2016, 06:56:27 am »
This report is more of an historical account.

If that conversation is already in the public domain, I'm not sure what people think the report is going to add to it.

Allegedly in one of the memos. An agreement for regime change in Iraq before the Parliamentary vote.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: July 6, 2016, 07:01:28 am »
Allegedly in one of the memos. An agreement for regime change in Iraq before the Parliamentary vote.
quite.

I just worry that people think there will be these stunning revelations in the report.

There won't be, the vast majority of the evidence is in the public domain already.  That's why I'm a little perplexed when you use the term 'whitewash', as I'm not really sure what you expected for it not to be considered a whitewash.
W

Online J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: July 6, 2016, 10:28:59 am »
David Allen Green ‏@DavidAllenGreen  Jul 5

A report you will not read and which is not intended to deal with war crimes must now become the basis of your strong opinion on war crimes.

In no circumstances must you allow inconvenient fact Chilcot report will not actually deal with war crimes liability to cloud your view.

Your two choices are:

(a) "Chilcot endorses my view that
  • is a war criminal", or

(b) "Whitewash!"

No third choice will be available

;D

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: July 6, 2016, 11:13:31 am »
I wonder how in depth this report will reach, in what was reported by Dr David Kelly what was the the level of content that was a key driver for the engagement of war and what was supposedly "sexed up", to facilitate the opinion that war was indeed the last action or was there indeed overwhelming evidence of WMD's.   
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #21 on: July 6, 2016, 11:16:01 am »
Blair wrote to Bush in July 2002 saying he would be, "with you, whatever," Chilcot finds.

Chilcot: "We have concluded that UK invaded Iraq before peaceful options had been exhausted."

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 6, 2016, 11:16:46 am »

A report you will not read and which is not intended to deal with war crimes must now become the basis of your strong opinion on war crimes.

In no circumstances must you allow inconvenient fact Chilcot report will not actually deal with war crimes liability to cloud your view.

Your two choices are:

(a) "Chilcot endorses my view that
  • is a war criminal", or

(b) "Whitewash!"

No third choice will be available

;D
;D
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #23 on: July 6, 2016, 11:19:46 am »
Chilcot: circumstances in which Blair government decided it was legal to go to war with Iraq were "far from satisfactory"

Chilcot: now clear that policy on Iraq made on basis of flawed intelligence and assessments. Were not challenged, should have been.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2016, 11:22:13 am by Trada »

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 6, 2016, 11:22:27 am »
"It is now clear, the policy on Iraq was made on the basis of flawed intelligence and assessments"

Doesn't get any more damning than that for me.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2016, 11:30:57 am by Chđţţerssssson »

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 6, 2016, 11:27:01 am »
This is as damning as it's possible to be, considering the level of discourse expected. I wonder what happens now?
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #26 on: July 6, 2016, 11:27:48 am »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 6, 2016, 11:30:02 am »
Wow - people have read it already!
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #28 on: July 6, 2016, 11:31:41 am »
Please, please, find me something, anything, in the Report which appears to back up my pre-conceived opinion.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #29 on: July 6, 2016, 11:33:14 am »
Please, please, find me something, anything, in the Report which appears to back up my pre-conceived opinion.

:D
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #30 on: July 6, 2016, 11:34:09 am »
People are already stating this is as damning as it could have been but is it just me or did we pretty much know all of this already?

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: July 6, 2016, 11:34:50 am »
The more you hear about the lack of tangible evidence on WMD's to be a go for war - has me thinking of the pressures Dr David Kelly must of been under, to produce a document of evidence to make it a go, and lead this country into war, and ultimately the loss of life to our armed forces and the many, many innocent people. The poor sod.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #32 on: July 6, 2016, 11:35:06 am »

Its from what Chilcot is saying.

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #33 on: July 6, 2016, 11:35:40 am »

That is fucking shocking! It makes me feel deeply ashamed to be English, I won't say British, because it was this country that dragged us into this war! :no
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #34 on: July 6, 2016, 11:36:52 am »
Its from what Chilcot is saying.

Really? I thought it was from the Warren Commission.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #35 on: July 6, 2016, 11:38:57 am »

I thought this thread had a * by it.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: July 6, 2016, 11:39:08 am »

Any need for that?
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37 on: July 6, 2016, 11:42:52 am »
No WMDs, no credible intelligence, no imminent danger, no plan of action, shortage of support and lack of resources!

So when will the report tell us something we haven't known for a decade.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 6, 2016, 11:42:52 am »
People are already stating this is as damning as it could have been but is it just me or did we pretty much know all of this already?

The way I see it is that anyone with half a brain, who has been following such events, knows that it was a pack of lies the reasons why we invaded, and that it has been a monumental disaster, a humanitarian tragedy.

I don't need a million page report to confirm this.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: July 6, 2016, 11:43:00 am »
He hasn't told us anything we didn't know, but absolutely shocked Chilcot came to the same conclusion.
SoS Membership Number: 387