Author Topic: The Tory party thread... epic fail lol  (Read 171050 times)

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
Re: Tory party leadership election. Competitive arseholery
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2016, 12:37:12 pm »
Not that I'd vote for any of them, but I have respect for Theresa May for the way she handled the Hillsborough inquest, and how she took on the Police Federation.

Doesn't really make up for being an invasive authoritarian. But they're tories, I suppose, we must take any positives we get.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2016, 12:51:48 pm »
You've got to give it to Boris. He's anything but predictable.

The government is a poisoned chalice right now. The best thing to be is the PM after the PM that has to sort out all this shit.

May seems to be the lesser of all the current evils (try saying Prime minister Gove without wanting to throw up)

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2016, 12:54:25 pm »
Guardian just now:

What the Gove camp say about why Gove abandoned Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove decided late last night that he could no longer support Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson’s bid for the Tory leadership, according to sources familiar with what happened. Until very recently he had been clear that he would not stand himself. But he thought it would boil down to a contest between Theresa May and Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. Having concluded he could not support Johnson, he was then reluctant to see May go unchallenged, because he thought there had to be a leave candidate. And so he decided to stand himself.

Gove tried to call Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson this morning to tell him, but could not get hold of him. But he did speak to Sir Lynton Crosby, who was running Johnson’s campaign, before releasing his statement to the media.

And that helps to explain why Gove decided he could not support Johnson. According to sources, Gove felt that Johnson did not have the “grip” necessary to run Number 10. Gove admired him as a campaigner. But, over the last week, as Gove and his allies worked with Johnson on Johnson’s leadership campaign, they became concerned by how chaotic he was. There were various people Johnson was supposed to bringing into the campaign who failed to come on board. Monday’s Telegraph article was not cleared with colleagues. Gove and his supporters felt the necessary structures were not there, and that this was because Johnson lacked the ability to run and organise an operation of this kind.

There has been speculation that Gove abandoned Johnson because he felt he was going to backtrack on Brexit (to be the leaver who delivered remain, as Nicholas Watt put it in his question to Theresa May earlier - see 10.11am.) Sources dismiss this; they say the problems with Johnson were organisational and managerial, not so much ideological. And they have also dismissed suggestions that Gove abandoned Johnson because the press barons Rupert Murdoch and Paul Dacre were refusing to support him (as Sarah Vine’s leaked email suggested). Murdoch and Dacre would have supported a Johnson bid which included Gove, they say.

And they insist that, just because Gove does not see Johnson as a suitable potential prime minister, that does not mean that he would not get a cabinet job in a Gove administration. Gove does rate Johnson - just not highly enough to want to put him in Number 10.
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2016, 01:06:48 pm »
God the autocorrect makes that hard to read.

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2016, 01:09:00 pm »

Hard to read for a lot of reasons  ;)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2016, 01:27:12 pm »
Boris lost his backing. His Sunday Telegraph piece last Sunday which was incoherent because he had just dashed it off when down very badly with the bastard end of the press. It drove home that Boris was a brilliant but lazy man, who just dashed stuff off in the minimum time, relying on his natural brilliance to bale him out. Just what you don't need in a lengthy complex negotiation. His support just melted away. And when Gove went all Francis Urquhart, the game was up. Even the Boris backers only supported him with a pendantic fucker behind him keeping him honest. Well as honest as Boris gets, which is not very much.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2016, 01:30:16 pm »
BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg says there were people at Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson's press conference who were "in tears" at his decision not to stand as Conservative party leader.

She says some were accusing Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove, who has now decided to enter the race, of "great, great treachery".

She says it's "very difficult to see" Mr Johnson and Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove working together in the near future.

A friend of Mr Johnson's "said the thing about Boris is he loves to be loved and therefore the decision by Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove will have hurt him", says Laura.

She adds that some people believe the "fingers of George Gideon Oliver Osborne, son of Sir Peter Osborne, 17th Baronet of Ballentaylor and Ballylemon and Felicity Alexandra Loxton-Peacock, educated at St. Paul's and Magdalen College, Oxford are absolutely behind this" decision by Mr Gove to stand.

Hopefully, they'll continue to be tearing each other apart for years after this....

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2016, 01:35:01 pm »

I'm going to start one of those petitions, for RAWK autocorrects to be imposed on the entire internet.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2016, 01:36:22 pm »
Hopefully, they'll continue to be tearing each other apart for years after this....

A friend at work thinks Boris is planning for the coming PM to be destroyed by the fallout of Brexit, for him to step in triumphantly to rescue the country.

I think he won't be an MP after the next election.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2016, 01:43:16 pm »
@chrisshipitv
I'm told Boris' widely criticised @Telegraph column - was SUB EDITED by Michael Gove who suggested changes - and Boris put them in

Gove completely filleted Johnson.  What an nasty, conniving little shit he is.
I'm weirdly impressed though. It's rare to see such a pure and concentrated form of evil in modern life.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2016, 01:43:51 pm »
https://twitter.com/GlennMoore7/status/748494746281197568  :o

Beginning to feel for the writers of House of Cards - where do they go from here?

Wonder if Sarah Vine will somehow end up as Deputy PM?

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2016, 01:52:17 pm »
As prime minister----God help us.

I always defended Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove. Then I met him

My fellow children’s writers hate the Education Secretary. Now I finally understand why

Anthony Horowitz 15 March 2014

A few weeks ago, I was a guest at a huge tea party for children’s authors, publishers and commentators at the South Bank, but the atmosphere, over the cupcakes and finger sandwiches, was decidedly frosty. There were three keynote speakers and their speeches all targeted a man so vile and destructive that the audience visibly recoiled every time his name was mentioned. He was, of course, Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove — and I wasn’t sure I should tell anyone that I had always rather admired him and, moreover, was about to interview him for this magazine. It might be better to keep quiet in much the same way that Vidkun Quisling would have been well advised not to mention his wartime visits to Berlin.

You think I’m exaggerating? One of the speakers, Patrick Ness, a brilliant, prize-winning novelist, described Gove as ‘appalling, ignorant and damaging’. He compared him to Thatcher, doing to children what she did to the miners. A well-known illustrator said to me: ‘He’s a massive, arrogant egotist who can’t see anyone else’s opinion.’ And my suggestion that Gove was a well-meaning man trying to do the best he could was met with the riposte (from a bestselling Jewish writer): ‘That was what Hitler thought when he tried to wipe us out.’ Seriously?

To his friends, he’s simply ‘Govey’. Chris Huhne once called him ‘the politest man in the House of Commons’ and it’s not as if he’s been tarred with the Bullingdon brush. Indeed, you’d have thought someone would give him credit for his humble origins, the son of a single mother adopted by an Aberdeen businessman and his wife. But no, not a bit of it. ‘He’s the original major of Hamelin,’ Ness snarled. ‘But we [children’s authors] are the pied piper.’

It was with that image in mind that I whistled my way to Gove’s oddly bland and utilitarian office in the Department for Education. What, I wonder, is it like, being a hate figure? Is he even aware of it and if so, how does he cope? I hoped, if nothing else, to get under the carapace of a man who, more than any other Tory politician, seems to attract these mountains of bile.

He was, from the very start, monumentally polite, chuckly and benign. We had met before on Question Time and he remembered it. He had read my book The House of Silk. We chatted about middle-age foibles as I searched for my glasses. Finally, I launched into a fairly general question just to get things going. ‘What is the point of education?’ This got a smile and a frown and then he began: ‘There is a phrase that I’ve used…’

Dread words! That’s exactly what I don’t want… the phrases that he’s used, the formulation that I’ve heard and read a hundred times. But here it comes. ‘I want people to be the authors of their own life story. I think the principal purpose of education is to allow each of us, when we become adults, to shape our own future… We have the opportunity not just to choose our job or profession but also to choose the sort of life we want to live and the imprint we will leave on others.’ Then he goes on to quote Matthew Arnold. Has someone told him I went to Rugby School? ‘To introduce people to the best that’s been thought and written. Our children may never enjoy the prodigious wealth of Roman Abromavich’s children, but they’re just as capable of enjoying Dostoyevsky or Wagner or appreciating the Gherkin or the Shard — but only if the education they’ve had has given them an understanding of everything from metaphor to scientific principles.’

I cannot find a single thing to argue with in any of this except that, in my work as a children’s author, I have visited many, many schools and have yet to enter one where the students have been debating Raskolnikov’s moral torpor or humming the Ring. A great many children leave school without reading any book from cover to cover. According to the National Literary Trust, for whom I have done some work, almost one in five children leave school barely able to read more than a red-top newspaper. Isn’t there some sort of disconnect between Gove’s vision and the truth?

He doesn’t agree. ‘I think the situation is better than you describe.’ He lights on Shakespeare. Gove was widely criticised for stripping English literature out of the core GCSE exam but according to his argument, when Shakespeare was on the national curriculum, children actually had less opportunity to experience whole plays. He blames poorly designed league tables, pressure on teachers and the unscrupulous behaviour of some exam boards. Then, children only read extracts, whereas now, thanks to initiatives by such organisations as the RSC and the Shakespeare Schools Fund — both of which he supports — the opposite is true. He describes a lesson on King Lear that he witnessed recently at a school in London. ‘It was the scene where Gloucester’s eyes are plucked out and it was as gripping as anything you’d see on the stage — and it reflects the fact that perception sometimes lags reality and I think the perception of what’s happening in state schools at the moment is shaped slightly by Waterloo Road and Grange Hill and all the rest of it.’

Mr Gove visits two to three schools a week (there’s a map covered in dots on the wall behind me) but as we talk, a pattern emerges. He sees the best in everything and everything he sees adds to his conviction that he’s right. This is either admirable or rather troubling, depending on your point of view. He accepts that ‘poverty is one of the biggest factors limiting children’s potential’ (I’m quoting Christine Blower of the NUT) but counters: ‘There are schools I could take you to, many in London but many outside, where the gap between what the poorest children and their peers achieve… has almost entirely closed.’ The fact that one in nine schools are dealing with students who have English as a second language? It doesn’t worry him. ‘A lot of schools benefit from parents who are first- or second-generation immigrants, who expect the best for their children.’ Mr Gove met a boy from Malawi, ‘a fantastic little boy’, who is now sitting the scholarship exam for his own old school. From this one example, he construes: ‘They are going to be the stars of the future.’ Should we simply admire this optimism? Is it unfair to question it?

The truth of the matter is that as our time together slips by, I come to realise that I might as well be interviewing Stonehenge. Everything I throw at him bounces back. Inevitably, we come to free schools — which I have always supported — but I ask him why his department has spent Ł62 million on just nine free schools at the same time as Ł100 million has been cut from sixth-form colleges. Surely, indisputably, this reflects an ideological drive backed by government funds?

Nothing could be further from the truth! ‘Free schools, in a way, are the opposite of an ideological project. They are essentially an exercise in English pragmatism. They will only succeed if parents want to send their children to them. They are schools of choice.’ But they’re not succeeding, I suggest. In Sweden, JB Education, responsible for 10,000 pupils, closed down last year. There have been some very high-profile closures here too — the Discovery New School in West Sussex, the Al-Madinah School. Could the free school model be flawed? Not at all. ‘It’s understandable that any departure from the status quo almost attracts more attention. Yes, there have been two or three free schools that have had big problems. But there are hundreds of maintained schools that have big problems.’ I have a nasty feeling this is a syllogism. Failures in one system have nothing to do with the success of another.

I wonder if Mr Gove has any idea of the hostility he provokes, but when I suggest this to him he bats it away. ‘Education secretaries, for a host of reasons, tend to find themselves at the heart of controversies, more than some other ministers.’ He recalls that his predecessor, Kenneth Baker, once told him how he was taunted, kicked to the ground and had his glasses smashed. David Blunkett was apparently locked in a cupboard by union activists. Even Ed Balls had a rough time at teachers’ conferences. The inference is that, by comparison, Mr Gove is almost popular.

I point out to him that, in recent weeks, he has repeatedly hit the headlines, falling out with everyone from Sir Michael Wilshaw (head of Ofsted) to Baldrick from Blackadder. Does he relish these fights? ‘No,’ he replies decisively. ‘A proper argument, along issues of principle, is a worthwhile thing.’ To which he adds this extraordinary rider: ‘Some of the time, some of the people who disagree, are disagreeing with what they think I’ve said, or what they fear I might mean by what I said, rather than what I’ve actually said.’ He pauses as I try to make sense of this. ‘But that’s politics!’

We are nearing the end of my allotted time and here is the impression that I have of a man for whom I have always had a very high regard. He is brilliant and erudite, doing an almost impossible job and doing it with passion and commitment. And yet it is just possible that the minister is a monster. I would not normally use such a word of a secretary of state but I am only picking up on something he said himself. Referring to the teachers who inspired him as a boy, he remarked, laughing: ‘There’s a direct relationship between the opportunities that I’ve enjoyed and their influence. They might now, like Victor Frankenstein, hold their head in horror and think “What have we created…?”’

It was the only moment of revelation in our encounter that struck me as truly insightful, the only awareness of the amount of power he wields. He assures me that he consults much more extensively than people believe, but continues: ‘One of the things that I think is a challenge here is that there isn’t a monolithic view within the teaching profession — about anything. It’s a bit like saying authors believe x or journalists believe x. There are some vocal people within the profession who might appear to be the dominant voices but by definition they can’t be representative: no one’s elected them.’ But actually there is one monolithic view that is out there and which will brook no argument. It is Gove’s.

My American friends are shocked by how much power one politician can have over a whole generation of children and even Gove agrees. ‘I do think that education secretaries do have too much power.’ (Even so, he has allotted himself around 50 new powers since he took office.) ‘But part of what I want to do is to ensure that lots of things that were fixed or arranged or decided in the Department for Education and its quangos are now decided in schools. And that’s the big change.’

His vision should be uplifting but I cannot say that I particularly enjoyed my encounter with Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove. It’s very strange. I have argued with so many teachers and other authors that he is a wholly benevolent man, a reformer who is actually improving the lives of children across the country. Even now, that opinion has not changed. But nobody can be as certain as he is. Nobody can be right all the time. It’s his single-mindedness that troubles me, and so for all his quips, his humanity, his courtesy and his eloquence, I leave with the faint worry that, after all, I am the one who’s wrong.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2014/03/the-disturbing-certainty-of-michael-gove/

Anthony Horowitz is the author of the bestselling Alex Rider children’s spy novels, and the creator of Foyle’s War.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2016, 01:56:37 pm »
Which one's mouth and which one's ass?

You've not watched the film Human Centipede?

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2016, 01:57:54 pm »
The way I see it is.

Boris is not a Eurosceptic. Supported by comments from his Dad, along with his comments in the past. He joined leave to sure up his Eurosceptic vote amongst Tory members. Never expecting them to win.

Leave wins, Cameron instantly quits and a week later he loses out on the one thing he actually wanted.

In terms of a top ten worst politicians list you were building Chamberlain obviously gets the top spot but Boris has just made a play for second.

Bravo Boris. You complete fucking idiot.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2016, 01:58:28 pm »
Seemed worth its own thread.

Which person is the most awful?

May the early favourite it seems, but it's very early days.
Ha ha I was honestly expecting you to start a Tory Bastard thread today  :lmao
I think you should up you're game though 'awful' is a step in the right direction but a bit tame after all that ammunition Racist Zak and Racist Boris left lying around.
These c#nts don't have a problem with anti Semitism, Islamaphobia or any other kind of Racism.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2016, 02:03:44 pm »
The way I see it is.

Boris is not a Eurosceptic. Supported by comments from his Dad, along with his comments in the past. He joined leave to sure up his Eurosceptic vote amongst Tory members. Never expecting them to win.

Leave wins, Cameron instantly quits and a week later he loses out on the one thing he actually wanted.

In terms of a top ten worst politicians list you were building Chamberlain obviously gets the top spot but Boris has just made a play for second.

Bravo Boris. You complete fucking idiot.

His dad warned him this would happen. Serves the fucker right
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2016, 02:05:11 pm »
Heard talk of social conservatism this morning, a contradiction if ever there was one
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2016, 02:05:56 pm »
You've got to give it to Boris. He's anything but predictable.

The government is a poisoned chalice right now. The best thing to be is the PM after the PM that has to sort out all this shit.

May seems to be the lesser of all the current evils (try saying Prime minister Gove without wanting to throw up)
The Van Gaal position?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2016, 02:12:59 pm »
Cameron must be laughing his fucking socks off

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2016, 02:15:52 pm »
Sir Edward Garnier, who was among Conservative MPs backing Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, says he is "very angry" following this morning's events.

He has told BBC Newsnight: "I'm confused, is the short answer. By and large I pick a candidate and stick to it. I feel confused, let down and concerned."

He added: "As I understand it, Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove wanted to be head of the (EU) negotiating team or a senior cabinet job. Boris told him he was not picking his cabinet now. That leak of Sarah Vine's email was clearly not an accident."

"It just reminds me of student union politics. I can't be dealing with this and I think it's shameful.

;D

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2016, 02:31:31 pm »
One of his (Boris') cabinet colleagues says "he is a very human politician, this was clearly going to hurt".

Seriously just fuck off.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2016, 02:43:38 pm »
Sir Edward Garnier, who was among Conservative MPs backing Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, says he is "very angry" following this morning's events.

He has told BBC Newsnight: "I'm confused, is the short answer. By and large I pick a candidate and stick to it. I feel confused, let down and concerned."

He added: "As I understand it, Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove wanted to be head of the (EU) negotiating team or a senior cabinet job. Boris told him he was not picking his cabinet now. That leak of Sarah Vine's email was clearly not an accident."

"It just reminds me of student union politics. I can't be dealing with this and I think it's shameful.

;D
Things could be worse. He could be a Labour MP.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2016, 02:57:09 pm »
BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg says there were people at Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson's press conference who were "in tears" at his decision not to stand as Conservative party leader.

She says some were accusing Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove, who has now decided to enter the race, of "great, great treachery".

She says it's "very difficult to see" Mr Johnson and Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove working together in the near future.

A friend of Mr Johnson's "said the thing about Boris is he loves to be loved and therefore the decision by Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove will have hurt him", says Laura.

I'd love to hear a reporter actually say this on TV.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2016, 03:14:20 pm »

She says some were accusing Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove, who has now decided to enter the race, of "great, great treachery".

She says it's "very difficult to see" Mr Johnson and Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove working together in the near future.

A friend of Mr Johnson's "said the thing about Boris is he loves to be loved and therefore the decision by Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove will have hurt him", says Laura.

She adds that some people believe the "fingers of George Gideon Oliver Osborne, son of Sir Peter Osborne, 17th Baronet of Ballentaylor and Ballylemon and Felicity Alexandra Loxton-Peacock, educated at St. Paul's and Magdalen College, Oxford are absolutely behind this" decision by Mr Gove to stand.

Were one of the people 'in tears' Laura Kuenssberg?
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Messiers...
« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2016, 03:17:23 pm »
Gove double crossed Boris like a seasoned operator...now Boris' dad is calling Gove Brutus and Cassius
"They're the New York Giants; all run and no fun"--my brother at the Giants-Eagles game, Nov. 20, 2005

ManU fans--your 1999 European Cup is safe and sound in our museum

Mark Messier--The Captain, The Legend, The Messiah...11 forever

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2016, 03:19:43 pm »
Gove double crossed Boris like a seasoned operator...now Boris' dad is calling Gove Brutus and Cassius

Think c*nt is the ideal word.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2016, 03:27:17 pm »
My dad isn't a Tory but voted leave

He dislikes May because he says she campaigned for Remain to keep her cabinet job. And he dislikes Gove for running for leader after he said he wouldn't and fucking Boris over

This is going surprisingly well. Ignoring that everything else isn't of course

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2016, 03:28:34 pm »
I nearly keeled over when I heard Gove described as "the conservative champion of the little man". Are people fucking serious? All I get when I see him is snivelling, snidey c*nt.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2016, 03:34:50 pm »
Heard talk of social conservatism this morning, a contradiction if ever there was one

Compassionate Conservatism is much worse.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2016, 03:45:55 pm »
So it's Theresa May v the dream ticket of Gove and Murdoch, with labour dead on the sidelines & no opposition in sight?

Tremendous.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2016, 03:46:54 pm »
So it's Theresa May v the dream ticket of Gove and Murdoch, with labour dead on the sidelines & no opposition in sight?

Tremendous.

Theresa May as the saviour of civilisation.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2016, 03:56:00 pm »
I wonder what reasons Boris gave for not running. Presumably he's left the door wide open to step in at a later date.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2016, 04:00:04 pm »
This is what Heseltine thinks of Johnson

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2016, 04:01:04 pm »

Tremendous.

Yes, sadly the Labour PLP couldn't see the bigger picture and waded in feet first - still somewhere there'll be usual Corbyn-bashers blaming Corbyn for this.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2016, 04:02:14 pm »
Theresa May as the saviour of civilisation.

Winter has come and they bring the dead with them (and the Night's Queen too).

;)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2016, 04:05:01 pm »
I wonder what reasons Boris gave for not running. Presumably he's left the door wide open to step in at a later date.

I think hes done. He couldn't put together a team and the press barons are against him.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2016, 04:07:18 pm »
I think hes done. He couldn't put together a team and the press barons are against him.
Agreed. I don't think he'll be an MP after the next election, whenever that it is. It was only ever a means to an end.

Offline saoirse08

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • TRUTH. JUSTICE. ACCOUNTABILITY.
« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2016, 04:13:03 pm »
From John Harris today: "Probably Waterloo was won on the playing-fields of Eton, but the opening battles of all subsequent wars have been lost there." Orwell.
“The socialism I believe in is everyone working for each other, everyone having a share of the rewards. It’s the way I see football, the way I see life.”

"The old is dying and the new cannot be born; in this interregnum a great variety of morbid symptoms appear."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2016, 04:28:59 pm »
Radio news playing interview with Gove from a couple of years ago saying having watched Cameron at work, he was not capable himself of being Prime Minister. Hopefully that one interview will fuck his chances up.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2016, 04:29:13 pm »
Surely it'll be May.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"