Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 503185 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Dejan Lovren signs new long-term Liverpool contract
« Reply #1280 on: June 20, 2017, 06:43:20 am »
So Dejan has given evidence in a trial about his former manager.

So has Modric.... who has now been charged with perjury for the evidence he gave at that trial, if found guilty he could face between 6months and 5 years in prison.

Let's hope Dejan is safe...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40330189
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1281 on: June 20, 2017, 07:37:45 am »

So has Modric.... who has now been charged with perjury for the evidence he gave at that trial, if found guilty he could face between 6months and 5 years in prison.

If they were going to charge him they would have done so when they charged Modric. I can't see any reason to consider it a possibility unless other witnesses are also charged.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1282 on: June 20, 2017, 07:49:20 am »
So much money yet the fuckers still commit tax fraud - ffs, just how much do they need

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #1283 on: June 20, 2017, 08:38:14 am »

Lovren hasn't given evidence yet.

http://www.espnfc.com/croatia/story/3143716/dejan-lovren-testimony-in-croatian-corruption-case-postponed-until-september

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1284 on: June 20, 2017, 02:01:59 pm »
Bloody hell, it's a can of worms this. Would be great to see Maureen hauled over the coals although these people seem immune to jail sentences - money talks, even in a tax fraud investigation.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1285 on: June 20, 2017, 02:05:25 pm »
Bloody hell, it's a can of worms this. Would be great to see Maureen hauled over the coals although these people seem immune to jail sentences - money talks, even in a tax fraud investigation.

In Spain, sentences of less then 2 years don't get served.  I think they tend to give sentences to low level offenders less then 2 years so they don't have to actually spend any time in jail. 

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1286 on: June 20, 2017, 02:09:09 pm »
In Spain, sentences of less then 2 years don't get served.  I think they tend to give sentences to low level offenders less then 2 years so they don't have to actually spend any time in jail.

Ah right, shows that I should keep my trap shut unless I know what I'm talking about  :D - however, I still think there are many occasions where high profile people with plenty of cash get away with suspended sentences when you and me would be locked up.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #1287 on: June 20, 2017, 02:31:24 pm »

Deary me, looks like Modric might be in a spot of bother!

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1288 on: September 30, 2017, 01:17:21 pm »
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/liverpool-dejan-lovren-taking-five-pills-just-to-play-amid/esuysbd03r7f14vswrjfnu7pl

'I TAKE FIVE PILLS BEFORE EVERY GAME' - LOVREN REVEALS INJURY TORMENT

The Croatia international has revealed that he has back and Achilles problems that are forcing him to take painkillers before he plays.
Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren is in so much pain with injuries he is taking five pills to be able to play.
The Croatia international has played eight games this season despite being hampered by a back injury, but his fitness problems have worsened.
Lovren revealed he now has an Achilles issue that could keep him out of his country's decisive World Cup qualifiers with Finland and Ukraine.

"I have problems for the last two weeks with my whole body, it hurts," the 28-year-old told Sportske Novosti.
"I have problems with my back...and now I have hurt my Achilles tendon.
"I play, but I'm not training at all. I can't train. The biggest problem is my back. That's why I skipped the matches against Manchester City and Burnley in the Premier League.
"I have big problems with the left side of my body. I'm taking pills so I can play. I take five pills before every game."

Croatia lead their qualifying group for next year's World Cup on goal difference ahead of Iceland, with Turkey and Ukraine two points behind.
Despite his problems, Lovren has been picked for their final pair of qualifiers.

"I told him [Croatia coach Ante Cacic] my state," added Lovren.
"All this time I'm playing under tablets. It's not normal to have four or five tablets before each game. I wanted to play, the coach put me in the team, but it is not good.
"I'm worse and worse. For a long time, it makes no sense."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 01:19:17 pm by Zoomers »
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1289 on: September 30, 2017, 01:18:05 pm »
It's a good thing we bought a center back in the summer.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1290 on: September 30, 2017, 01:22:05 pm »
Further highlights why our defensive issues won't be solved. We let Lucas go, we know dejan can't train and takes painkillers yet it wasn't slightly rectified. It's clearly not seen as an issue.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #1291 on: September 30, 2017, 01:44:15 pm »
Yes, it's a shame there is zero chance of us buying another defender in the next 2 1/2 months.

Well you called this right!  ;D
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Triad

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1292 on: September 30, 2017, 01:44:29 pm »
Even though it may be an unpopular opinion,players and teams should prioritize their own bodies.It's  saddening to hear post retirement stories of players like Agger,Keane etc 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 01:48:45 pm by Triad »

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1293 on: September 30, 2017, 01:54:19 pm »
Didn't need a CB though lads.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1294 on: September 30, 2017, 01:57:15 pm »
Poor Lovren, he's being brave but it can't be a long-term solution to his problems.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1295 on: September 30, 2017, 01:58:47 pm »
Even though it may be an unpopular opinion,players and teams should prioritize their own bodies.It's  saddening to hear post retirement stories of players like Agger,Keane etc

I agree actually, Lovren deserves credit for playing through it but the club shouldn't play him until he's alright.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1296 on: September 30, 2017, 02:24:35 pm »
Ten years ago, our money was such that you could understand the big drop off between a starter and a squad player, risking the likes of Agger. Never right to do it to the point where agger ended up, but you can see the path. These days, the recruitment have no excuse to be leaving big drop offs between players.

Never a fan of him but it's terrible to hear the state he's in. Leave him out till he has a solution. There are certain injuries you can play with knowing it won`t cause further damage / injure a related area. The back most certainly is not that type of injury area.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1297 on: September 30, 2017, 02:30:52 pm »
Ten years ago, our money was such that you could understand the big drop off between a starter and a squad player, risking the likes of Agger. Never right to do it to the point where agger ended up, but you can see the path. These days, the recruitment have no excuse to be leaving big drop offs between players.

Never a fan of him but it's terrible to hear the state he's in. Leave him out till he has a solution. There are certain injuries you can play with knowing it won`t cause further damage / injure a related area. The back most certainly is not that type of injury area.

Fair sure the Docs wouldn't let him play if there was potential for further damage. They have a duty of care to the player before the interests of their employer.

Offline Triad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1298 on: September 30, 2017, 02:55:27 pm »
Fair sure the Docs wouldn't let him play if there was potential for further damage. They have a duty of care to the player before the interests of their employer.
I don't think medical science is as exact as that. Agger's case wasn't that far back.Remember Mourinho's comments about Smalling and Jones last year? Managers are all too willing to sacrifice players' health for results nowadays.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1299 on: September 30, 2017, 02:56:51 pm »
I don't think medical science is as exact as that. Agger's case wasn't that far back.Remember Mourinho's comments about Smalling and Jones last year? Managers are all too willing to sacrifice players' health for results nowadays.

Managers won't get to make the decision if the medical staff say the player is at risk.

Offline Triad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1300 on: September 30, 2017, 03:04:47 pm »
Managers won't get to make the decision if the medical staff say the player is at risk.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jul/20/daniel-agger-liverpool-story-athletes-pills
That's what I mean by not being an exact science.Players are all too willfully rewarded for ignoring doctor's instructions and manning up,causing serious issues in the long run.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1301 on: September 30, 2017, 03:21:22 pm »
Unfortunately Clyne is out so far this season. If he was back, maybe we`d see Gomez at centre back more often.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1302 on: September 30, 2017, 03:23:50 pm »
Unfortunately Clyne is out so far this season. If he was back, maybe we`d see Gomez at centre back more often.

RB is a position where we have absolutely loads of options. Alexander-Arnold, Milner and even Henderson and Can could play there if we needed them to. No reason not to make Gomez a permanent CB now Lovren is playing injured.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1303 on: September 30, 2017, 04:22:42 pm »
Is this back problem something that occurred before the season started? It would seem amazing that we knew about it and still went into the season short?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1304 on: September 30, 2017, 04:30:24 pm »
Is this back problem something that occurred before the season started? It would seem amazing that we knew about it and still went into the season short?

In the goal article posted above, he says that the problem has been around for two weeks, so no. I think it's due to the minor injury he got in the last international break.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1305 on: September 30, 2017, 04:40:23 pm »
In the goal article posted above, he says that the problem has been around for two weeks, so no. I think it's due to the minor injury he got in the last international break.

Yeah just read it. Id imagine we maybe rest him tomorrow and then ask Croatia not excuse him?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1306 on: September 30, 2017, 04:42:30 pm »
Yeah just read it. Id imagine we maybe rest him tomorrow and then ask Croatia not excuse him?

Possibly, I doubt they want these problems to get any worse.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: September 30, 2017, 04:52:20 pm »
Christ, this isn't good. Fair play to him for playing through the pain. Hopefully people give him a bit of leeway after hearing this.

I understand (sort of) why we didn't buy a centre half in the window, but I really wish we had done, or kept Lucas around at the very least. With Clyne out as well we're looking a bit threadbare. Hopefully Klavan can regain a bit of form.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1308 on: September 30, 2017, 05:03:20 pm »
He’s been robbed, threatened by gangsters, been involved in a fraud trial, and now he’s playing through pain.. he’s had a tough year or so.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1309 on: September 30, 2017, 05:04:01 pm »
He’s been robbed, threatened by gangsters, been involved in a fraud trial, and now he’s playing through pain.. he’s had a tough year or so.

Found his missus was cheating on him too, didn't he?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1310 on: September 30, 2017, 05:16:32 pm »
Think it pretty much guarantees we buy a defender in the winter window, unless Klopp is involved in a dare to see whether he can compete in this league with hardly any centrebacks.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1311 on: September 30, 2017, 05:20:24 pm »

Why not play him tomorrow and then he’ll have almost 2 full weeks off. 

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1312 on: September 30, 2017, 05:22:10 pm »

Would we not be on dodgy ground in terms of not releasing him for Croatia? Anyway we have played him twice this week and he does not sound in a great way.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1313 on: September 30, 2017, 05:27:57 pm »

He's playing through pain for us, let's not be ridiculous and have him play 3 games in a week.

Offline adamski29

• Kopite
    • limerick sliding wardrobes
« Reply #1314 on: September 30, 2017, 05:43:24 pm »
Christ, this isn't good. Fair play to him for playing through the pain. Hopefully people give him a bit of leeway after hearing this.

I understand (sort of) why we didn't buy a centre half in the window, but I really wish we had done, or kept Lucas around at the very least. With Clyne out as well we're looking a bit threadbare. Hopefully Klavan can regain a bit of form.

I don't understand it. its fucking negligence. We now have a player playing on a huge dose of pain killers because the next in line is shite . Our club will never fucking learn.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 05:45:39 pm by adamski29 »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1315 on: September 30, 2017, 05:54:59 pm »

I don't understand it. its fucking negligence. We now have a player playing on a huge dose of pain killers because the next in line is shite . Our club will never fucking learn.

You do know that he isn't being forced to do this, right?

Offline Lar Salty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1316 on: September 30, 2017, 06:49:56 pm »
I don't get this. Who is benefitting from this? Lovren is hurting himself, first of all, but it's not like having an already substandard center half on the pitch in a diminished form is helping us. Is this supposed to be an excuse for how consistently substandard he is? This entire story is just profoundly stupid from every angle. How this guy is still a first choice for Liverpool is fucking criminal negligence.

Queue the NEW new contract. Lets get him on 200k/week.

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1317 on: September 30, 2017, 07:01:49 pm »
Hopefully people give him a bit of leeway after hearing this.

And there is exactly why he felt the need to run to the press and tell everyone.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1318 on: September 30, 2017, 07:03:27 pm »
And there is exactly why he felt the need to run to the press and tell everyone.

Can you blame him?

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1319 on: September 30, 2017, 07:05:03 pm »
Can you blame him?

Just seems self serving. Like he wants to get excuses in. I can't imagine the likes of Carra, Stevie or Suarez actively seeking out the press to let them know they have had to take some pain killers for a couple weeks. They just got on with it.