Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 609647 times)

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #4520 on: April 24, 2018, 09:07:22 am »
Jazz are pissing it now. Title's pretty much in the bag, no need to keep watching.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4521 on: April 24, 2018, 09:08:55 am »
Jazz are pissing it now. Title's pretty much in the bag, no need to keep watching.

Wish I could say the same of the Raps. Not even remotely confident any longer  :-\

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4522 on: April 24, 2018, 10:43:17 am »
Snyder is a much better coach than Donovan, i’d say switch coaches and OKC sweeps them. Their ball movement, passing, defending the 3, runs without balls are beauty to watch.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4523 on: April 24, 2018, 10:54:56 pm »
I only watch highlights so I can't comment on tactics etc., but on paper Utah probably has about the 25th most talented roster in the league so Snyder must be pretty bloody good.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4524 on: April 24, 2018, 11:05:41 pm »
I only watch highlights so I can't comment on tactics etc., but on paper Utah probably has about the 25th most talented roster in the league so Snyder must be pretty bloody good.

I watched the game last night and watched their previous win too and they just work tactically. Donovan Mitchell is an absolute star if he can improve his shooting. He probably is already a star. His moves to the post are so explosive, it's difficult to match. But the playmaker Rubio is great too. Another that could improve his shooting and go up a level or too. He reminds me almost of Steve Nash before Nash realised exactly how good he was in terms of finding the pass. Apparently, he played for Barcelona before this and you can almost see the similarities to someone like Xavi in that he almost always seems to find space and almost always seems to find the pass.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4525 on: April 26, 2018, 02:49:25 am »
Insane by Lebron. 44-10-8 with 60% shooting, game saving block picking up Oladipo one on one with 5 seconds left and 3 point on the buzzer to win it. The rest of the team is god awful, but he'll single handedly take them out of the east, unless the kids in Philly are already really special.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4526 on: April 26, 2018, 05:20:37 am »
Jazz blow a 25-point lead against the Thunder. Reckon OKC will win the series now, that's brutal.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4527 on: April 26, 2018, 10:11:38 am »
Oladipo found a bad time to shoot awful, he has been quite bad last few games which was the difference.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4528 on: April 26, 2018, 10:20:59 am »
Insane by Lebron. 44-10-8 with 60% shooting, game saving block picking up Oladipo one on one with 5 seconds left and 3 point on the buzzer to win it. The rest of the team is god awful, but he'll single handedly take them out of the east, unless the kids in Philly are already really special.

That was intense, what a performance. He'll be the greatest ever when he's finished.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4529 on: April 26, 2018, 10:30:19 am »
if oladipo had even shot half decent in the last two games we would have won the series already, tough to take when others have stepped up and we've battled so well all series. Oladipo been such a good scorer all season too.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #4530 on: April 26, 2018, 11:14:02 am »
What I find interesting is why people call MJ greatest and mention rings, yet don’t do anything about other people have more rings than MJ. With that logical surely MJ can’t be the best? Lebron beats him nearly every other important stat. Few decades from now when the old folk are gone Lebron be seen as the best ever. Really hope he wins another two rings to shut up the haters.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4531 on: April 26, 2018, 02:27:06 pm »
if oladipo had even shot half decent in the last two games we would have won the series already, tough to take when others have stepped up and we've battled so well all series. Oladipo been such a good scorer all season too.
That’s exactly right, it’s just unlucky for the Pacers. Every single game they lost has been 1 possession difference against them. This has been mentally tiring for Pacers, knowing how close they were but failed to capitalize every single time. I am afraid Cavs will come to Indiana and win big double digits now to wrap uo the series.

Offline BigJimFinn

• Main Stander
« Reply #4532 on: April 26, 2018, 10:00:13 pm »
Snyder is a much better coach than Donovan, i’d say switch coaches and OKC sweeps them. Their ball movement, passing, defending the 3, runs without balls are beauty to watch.
In order to create that ball movement and balanced offense with Russ Westbrook on the team he would also need to be a master hypnotist.
Russ only seems to follow his inner voice, which told him to become a superhero last night. Sure it kept them alive for another game, but 39 shots...

Offline BigJimFinn

• Main Stander
« Reply #4533 on: April 26, 2018, 10:05:46 pm »

I just cannot see LeBron carrying them through 3 series, when they already need 40+ minutes and 40+ points from him just to barely survive against offensively very limited Indiana. IF he squeezes them to Finals once more, it could become a bloodbath of historical proportions. That defense would struggle to keep either Warriors or Rockets under 150.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4534 on: April 26, 2018, 10:25:52 pm »
That was intense, what a performance. He'll be the greatest ever when he's finished.

If your being serious, no chance.

Go back and look at how many times MJ won games with last minute shots. 

For most of his career James has hated taking the game winning shot which is exactly when big players should be standing up.

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4535 on: April 27, 2018, 01:06:27 am »
If your being serious, no chance.

Go back and look at how many times MJ won games with last minute shots. 

For most of his career James has hated taking the game winning shot which is exactly when big players should be standing up.

Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4536 on: April 27, 2018, 01:33:07 am »
oops  :)

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4537 on: April 27, 2018, 03:59:37 am »
but he made those shots reluctantly :D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4538 on: April 27, 2018, 08:01:58 am »
but he made those shots reluctantly :D
;D

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #4539 on: April 27, 2018, 11:35:42 am »

It gets embarrassing the shit people say to down play Lebron

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4540 on: April 27, 2018, 11:51:58 am »
Lebron doesn't even need to win a few other titles to pass MJ in my opinion, he is already the greatest of all time. That rings argument Americans come up with is the dumbest criteria to compare players. Ironic thing is they immediately move away from that argument when you remind them Bill Russell has 11 rings. Could you ever say Derek Fisher or Robert Horry was a better NBA player than the likes of Barkley, Malone etc just because they have 5 and 7 rings? This is a bit similar to downplaying Messi and saying unless he wins the WC for Argentina, he won't be called the greatest in football.

I bet Lebron would have a few more titles if he was coached by Pop, Phil Jackson instead of Mike Brown, Tyronn Lue and a good but yung coach in Spoelstra in his peak years and if he had one of the best defenders in Rodman, Hall of Famer Pippen, one of the best 6th men in Kukoc, one of the best spot up 3 point shooter Kerr was playing alongside him.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4541 on: April 27, 2018, 11:57:46 am »
MJ is 6-0 in nba finals, lebron is 3-5 (2-2 with Miami which should have been at least 3-1)

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4542 on: April 27, 2018, 12:04:21 pm »
MJ is 6-0 in nba finals, lebron is 3-5 (2-2 with Miami which should have been at least 3-1)
Medevedenko, Sun Yue, Mark Madsen, DJ Mbenga, Adam Morrison like this post

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4543 on: April 27, 2018, 12:11:50 pm »
Medevedenko, Sun Yue, Mark Madsen, DJ Mbenga, Adam Morrison like this post
oh you just gone make me post this ;D

https://youtu.be/i61-vq5Az0w

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4544 on: April 27, 2018, 12:57:56 pm »

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4545 on: April 28, 2018, 03:03:30 am »
killed them tonight, this is the usual pacers towards the second half of the season. they have lebron but we are the better team. If we shoot well i fancy us in game 7 8)

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4546 on: April 28, 2018, 03:11:07 am »

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4547 on: April 28, 2018, 03:15:15 am »
I'm curious, but do you guys really believe that Le Bron is better than Jordan?  Were you old enough to watch Jordan because I can understand if you didn't then sure I'd also probably think Le Bron was better. 

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4548 on: April 28, 2018, 04:45:16 am »
Cleveland are toast. Betting on them to lose

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4549 on: April 28, 2018, 05:06:02 am »
Lebron doesn't even need to win a few other titles to pass MJ in my opinion, he is already the greatest of all time. That rings argument Americans come up with is the dumbest criteria to compare players. Ironic thing is they immediately move away from that argument when you remind them Bill Russell has 11 rings. Could you ever say Derek Fisher or Robert Horry was a better NBA player than the likes of Barkley, Malone etc just because they have 5 and 7 rings? This is a bit similar to downplaying Messi and saying unless he wins the WC for Argentina, he won't be called the greatest in football.

Nah sorry, you're twisting the opposing argument to make it easier to beat. It's not the fact that Jordan won 6 rings that makes him, in my opinion, the GOAT. It's the way he hauled the team over the line, time and time again, with tremendous talent and also the most psychopathic obsession with winning you'll ever see. The earlier post about Jordan being 6-0 in Finals is pertinent, because it shows how tuned-in he was on the biggest stage. Did he ever fail in any of those 6 seasons? I don't recall it. As a Jazz fan, I know all-too-well that dreaded sense of inevitability when you went up against Jordan in his prime. He was just cruel.

Jordan did have a decent supporting cast around him, and they did manage to get to the 2nd round in the playoffs during his first retirement, but they went from 47 wins to an astonishing 72 in the season he came back, and 69 the year after. Huge difference. And to bring in the likes of Steve Kerr as an example of the advantages he had is a bit of a stretch. Kerr was a nothing player before he teamed with MJ - he averaged less than 3 ppg the season prior to his arrival. His career average is 6.0ppg. He was no better than, say, Kyle Korver, but playing with Jordan set the stage for him to etch his name into NBA folklore. Pippen was obviously a great player and the main reason they remained competitive without Jordan. But LeBron hasn't exactly been teamed with duds during his championship runs, so I don't think supporting casts can be used to elevate LBJ above MJ.

Don't get me wrong, there's a strong case for LBJ as GOAT. There's also a tendency to forget the greatness of predecessors when faced with contemporary greatness - there are probably many who say Salah is better than Suarez was for us in 13/14, which I wouldn't agree with at all. Jordan's Bulls career ended 20 years ago, so the mists of time are 5 times thicker. At the end of the day, it's down to the feeling you got watching both players.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 05:07:58 am by GreatEx »

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4550 on: April 28, 2018, 05:12:17 am »
Meanwhile, down goes my Jazz-Thunder live feed just as the Jazz were starting to make some shots. Suddenly it's back from 53-48 to 41-41. Rubio out injured, Mitchell picking up his 3rd. Bricking it. Sounds like this will be won or lost on the defensive end. Thankfully Gobert and Favors have 1 foul between them. Lose this and we're definitely out in 7.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4551 on: April 28, 2018, 05:25:26 am »
Jazz simply not making simple shots earlier. If they turn that around, they're through. They've created many good shots and just not converted or sometimes passed the opportunity.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4552 on: April 28, 2018, 05:29:18 am »
I should have said the game will be won or lost at the charity stripe. Jazz 7-of-17, Thunder 5-of-11. Putrid.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4553 on: April 28, 2018, 05:33:17 am »
Just turned it back on and Jazz ahead by 10. This game hasn't been vintage but it's been a bit of a battle. Hoping Jazz do it because they're so much more watchable than OKC who just seem to give it to Anthony, George or Westbrook and see what happens.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4554 on: April 28, 2018, 05:39:20 am »
From the live feed i get the impression that no one from OKC gets to touch the ball except Westbrook. Is that accurate?

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4555 on: April 28, 2018, 06:05:10 am »
Jazz up by 3 with a minute left, then concede 5 consecutive offensive rebounds. Jesus Christ, does anyone want to win this?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 06:06:49 am by GreatEx »

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4556 on: April 28, 2018, 06:10:24 am »
Yes! Survived... phew!

Now let's destroy Stoke.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4557 on: April 28, 2018, 06:12:02 am »
Westbrook: 43 shots, 5 assists, 5 turnovers. MVP my arse.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4558 on: April 28, 2018, 06:44:02 am »
From the live feed i get the impression that no one from OKC gets to touch the ball except Westbrook. Is that accurate?

More or less but it's because Anthony and George were having shit games and Adams was the only one finding the basket apart from Westbrook. Really poor quality game from both teams to be honest. Even right at the end when it was scrappy and OKC got 4/5 offensive rebounds in a row but couldn't make it count when the gap was only 3 pts. Just an awful game to watch.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4559 on: April 28, 2018, 09:17:07 am »
Westbrook chucked up 19 threes. Nobody can ever convince me that a team that has him leading the way can win anything meaningful. Stats sheet specialist, but not a player you can win with in my opinion.