Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1067621 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #3120 on: June 11, 2017, 03:19:25 pm »
Serge Gnabry going to Bayern after all. Not sure about that from his point of view...

He gets to join the best team in Germany. Probably gets a pay raise too. Since Hoeneß is back there now, they're going back to signing more German players, so he might have more opportunities. I think this is a better deal for Bayern than Gnabry though. He's only on a three year deal and given he only cost €8m, it's very unlikely they'd not make a profit unless he walked or suffered a catastrophic injury.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3121 on: June 12, 2017, 03:05:47 pm »
Apparently still going to Hoffenheim on loan.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #3122 on: June 14, 2017, 08:56:09 am »
Lots of rumours that Bayern will sign Tolisso from Lyon today. They’re going to end up with half a team’s worth of potential Alonso replacements. Question marks over whether Sanches will remain as Vidal’s understudy, go out on loan, or be sold. Also reports that Costa will be off to Juve for €45m.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3123 on: June 14, 2017, 11:35:54 am »
Lots of rumours that Bayern will sign Tolisso from Lyon today. They’re going to end up with half a team’s worth of potential Alonso replacements. Question marks over whether Sanches will remain as Vidal’s understudy, go out on loan, or be sold. Also reports that Costa will be off to Juve for €45m.

there will be a lot of sad faces when Costa goes to Juve  :D

I'd hope Sanches at least goes on loan. I think it'd be a bit soon to sell him, he's still very young, but he could definatley do with playing more next season.

Hoffenheim signed 19 year old Dutch defender Justin Hoogma from Heracles. Sule replacement?

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #3124 on: June 14, 2017, 11:39:07 am »
Great signing he's gone under the rader with all the Monaco wonder kids being talked about, only 22 has massive potential.

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #3125 on: June 20, 2017, 08:43:21 am »
Probably inevitable, but it’s a shame to see last season’s over-achievers all losing their better players. Philipp and Grifo have already left Freiburg, Hoffenheim have lost Suele and Rudy, and now Modeste looks set to move to Tianjin Quanjian in China. €35m for a 29-year-old isn’t bad at all and you can’t blame him for chasing one last big pay day, but Stoeger has openly admitted that the entire team was set up to feed Modeste and his goals were what separated Cologne from mid-table mediocrity.

Edit: more howlers from Bernd Leno against Australia. How many second chances is that guy going to get?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 08:46:57 am by warrenpe »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3126 on: June 20, 2017, 02:28:55 pm »
Probably inevitable, but it’s a shame to see last season’s over-achievers all losing their better players. Philipp and Grifo have already left Freiburg, Hoffenheim have lost Suele and Rudy, and now Modeste looks set to move to Tianjin Quanjian in China. €35m for a 29-year-old isn’t bad at all and you can’t blame him for chasing one last big pay day, but Stoeger has openly admitted that the entire team was set up to feed Modeste and his goals were what separated Cologne from mid-table mediocrity.

Edit: more howlers from Bernd Leno against Australia. How many second chances is that guy going to get?

And yet people will still talk about him like he's a top goalie. It's wierd how goalies get these reputations, in the postiive or the negative. Once you get labelled, that is it.
And Germany 2 or 3 better options too for that number 2 role.  Not like they are desperate!

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3127 on: June 20, 2017, 05:39:21 pm »
Leipzig can play in the Champions League. Uefa have decided that there are no illegal ties between them and Salzburg.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #3128 on: June 20, 2017, 06:16:23 pm »
Great signing he's gone under the rader with all the Monaco wonder kids being talked about, only 22 has massive potential.

Hard to say he's gone under the radar when he cost them about €35m ;D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3129 on: June 20, 2017, 07:29:53 pm »
Some changes to Buli matchdays next season.
There will be 5 Monday night games.  The weekend will still start with the Friday night game.

Some new kick off times and extra game on a few Sundays too.

Friday:

- One fixture at 20:30

Saturday:

- Several fixtures at 15:30

- One fixture at 18:30

Sunday:

- One fixture at 15:30

- One fixture at 18:00

- On five weekends, one additional fixture at 13:30.

Monday:

- One fixture at 20:30 on five weekends of the season.

(All German times obviously!).

Article here: http://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/the-new-bundesliga-matchday-weekend-from-2017-18-446571.jsp

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3130 on: June 20, 2017, 07:32:55 pm »
Nordtveit has joined Hoffenheim, Benaglio has signed for Monaco and Rekik will play for Hertha next season.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #3131 on: June 21, 2017, 12:02:38 am »
The Modeste deal is a great one for Köln if it goes through. I cannot see him repeating what he's done there again. He's 29, so they are getting plenty of money to have fill-in some holes and get a decent replacement.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3132 on: June 21, 2017, 03:21:25 pm »
18 year old Reece Oxford has signed for Borussia Moenchengladbach on loan from West Ham, plays central defence and defensive midfield. Made his Hammers debut aged 16.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3133 on: June 21, 2017, 03:22:07 pm »
Jurgen Klinsmann's son is to train with Hertha. He's a goalie.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #3134 on: June 21, 2017, 03:24:01 pm »
Jurgen Klinsmann's son is to train with Hertha. He's a goalie.

He's already been capped with the USA U-20s as well.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3135 on: June 21, 2017, 05:21:05 pm »
He's already been capped with the USA U-20s as well.

He's fucking shite, too...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3136 on: June 22, 2017, 11:27:06 am »
China's Under-20s team could play in the German fourth division next season.

Only 19 teams have qualified for the regional southwest league, with the German FA (DFB) inviting China to enter a team and create an even fixture list.

League executive Felix Wiedmann told German paper Bild "all 19 clubs" were in favour, adding: "I therefore believe the project is on a good path."

China has set out its desire to become a "world football superpower" by 2050 and challenge for the World Cup.

DFB vice president Ronny Zimmermann told Kicker magazine teams would receive 15,000 euros each for the two matches against the Chinese youngsters.

"They see this idea positively," said Zimmermann. "The planned cooperation with China is known and for that we need good content."

The plan is part of a five-year cooperation agreement signed between the two countries in November, which will allow China to boost its level of football and the German FA to have a facilitated access to the vast Asian market.

"We have to see if this idea can be realised," added Zimmermann.

"The managers of the regional southwest league will meet soon. A decision must be taken by then as the match plan will be drawn up."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40366059

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3137 on: June 22, 2017, 11:35:52 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40366059

I'm missing something about how the logistics of that would work :D

Would the Chinese team be based in Germany, and if so where would they play? 

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3138 on: June 22, 2017, 12:35:14 pm »
I'm missing something about how the logistics of that would work :D

Would the Chinese team be based in Germany, and if so where would they play? 

According to the report in Kicker that the BBC is quoting, they'd be based in Germany, but wouldn't have their own ground. Therefore, every team in the league would have two home games against them. It is also not clear where the Chinese team would be based. Sounds like an interesting idea, if it's just a one off...

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #3139 on: June 22, 2017, 03:05:08 pm »
I don’t think the China team would play in the league as such. They’d just play whichever team didn’t have a fixture on each particular matchday, without the results actually contributing to league table.

If the plan does come to fruition, then they’ll apparently play in the Regionalliga Suedwest, so they’d probably be based in Frankfurt or Stuttgart.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3140 on: June 22, 2017, 04:11:30 pm »
According to the report in Kicker that the BBC is quoting, they'd be based in Germany, but wouldn't have their own ground. Therefore, every team in the league would have two home games against them. It is also not clear where the Chinese team would be based. Sounds like an interesting idea, if it's just a one off...

ah right! Yeah that's pretty interesting.

I don’t think the China team would play in the league as such. They’d just play whichever team didn’t have a fixture on each particular matchday, without the results actually contributing to league table.

If the plan does come to fruition, then they’ll apparently play in the Regionalliga Suedwest, so they’d probably be based in Frankfurt or Stuttgart.

gottcha.

I think a similar thing happened in one of the minor hockey leagues in the USA a good few years ago now, a Russian team played during a season, but where not part of the league as such, but played all the teams.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3141 on: June 22, 2017, 07:46:20 pm »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3143 on: June 23, 2017, 08:01:53 am »
Insanely daft idea.

Good signing. Surprised no PL got him as a back-up.

yeah I like that signing for Mainz. And as Adler said in his first interview there: 'The calm and focused atmosphere at the club suits me.'  After the madness of HsV for the last few years, who can blame him :D

I know they got too close for comfort at times with the playoff relegation nightmare this season, but they are a very well run club, and with no Europe to stretch them, Mainz will be ok next season I hope.

I wasn't so impressed with Lössl, he was a step down in class and ability from Karius, so Adler is a good signing for sure. Good experienced guy for them.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3144 on: June 25, 2017, 07:11:11 pm »
End of an era in a way today at Mainz. The president for 29 years Harald Strutz did not stand for the position again. He's come into some critisism lately when it became known that the 'honorary' position came with a wage of over 23000 euros a month.

At the general meeting in his final speech he talked about Kloppo, basically giving him the hugest credit for what Mainz 05 are today:

"He stands for the entire success of the club, because of his humanity, tangibility, positive rage and his knowledge, he was the one who gave us a fantastic, emotional football life over the years. He remains at heart a 05er, Jürgen was the best ambassador of Mainz."

Strutz leaves Mainz in a healthy position, with a record turnover last season of 110 mill, and they made a profit too of over 10 mill.

Johannes Kaluza was voted in as the new president.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3145 on: June 26, 2017, 07:42:16 pm »
Mainz sign Kenan Kodro from Osasuna. I don't think I've ever seen him play but he did score 7 in 1465 minutes in La Liga last year.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3146 on: June 26, 2017, 08:03:20 pm »
Mainz sign Kenan Kodro from Osasuna. I don't think I've ever seen him play but he did score 7 in 1465 minutes in La Liga last year.
If he can be at least 50% like his father, it will be a good signing for Mainz

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3147 on: June 29, 2017, 11:28:03 am »
Koln have signed Jhon Cordoba from Mainz. The rumoured fee for him is a lot higher than I was expecting considering how mediocre his goalscoring record is.

In other news, the fixture lists have been released. The first matchday;

Bayern v Leverkusen
Hoffenheim v Werder Bremen
Hertha BSC v Stuttgart
Freiburg v Eintracht Frankfurt
'Gladbach v Koln
Schalke v Leipzig
HSV v Augsburg
Mainz v Hannover
Wolfsburg v Dortmund

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3148 on: June 29, 2017, 11:43:16 am »
Koln have signed Jhon Cordoba from Mainz. The rumoured fee for him is a lot higher than I was expecting considering how mediocre his goalscoring record is.

16 or 17 mill Euros eh? It is a good fee for Mainz that, considering they only paid about 6 mill for him. His goal scoring record is poor, both in Germany and Spain.

Mainz have been busy this summer. And look like they may be making some pretty shrewd signings.   They signed Viktor Fischer from Middlesborough too. Change of scene may do him good and help him refind his Ajax form!

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3149 on: June 29, 2017, 11:46:42 am »
16 or 17 mill Euros eh? It is a good fee for Mainz that, considering they only paid about 6 mill for him. His goal scoring record is poor, both in Germany and Spain.

Mainz have been busy this summer. And look like they may be making some pretty shrewd signings.   They signed Viktor Fischer from Middlesborough too. Change of scene may do him good and help him refind his Ajax form!

Very good fee for Mainz, not sure what Koln have seen in Cordoba to spend that kind of money. Agree with you on Fischer, he could be a very shrewd signing. He just didn't many chances at Middlesbrough.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3150 on: June 29, 2017, 12:02:55 pm »
Was speaking about to an Ajax fan about Viktor, said he often disappears for games at a time and most were happy to see him sold.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3151 on: June 29, 2017, 12:16:46 pm »
Very good fee for Mainz, not sure what Koln have seen in Cordoba to spend that kind of money. Agree with you on Fischer, he could be a very shrewd signing. He just didn't many chances at Middlesbrough.

yeah, didn't see much of Boro last season (not a bad thing probably!) but saw that he didn't play a whole lot. Mainz needed to add to their attack, so him and Kodro should be welcome additions.

Frankfurt signed Daichi Kamada from J League team Sagan Tosu. They've had a few Japanese players at Eintracht, Daichi will be the 5th  8)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #3152 on: June 29, 2017, 10:37:46 pm »
Wow HSV actually signed a decent player (Andre Hahn) at a very good price. Bargain.

How are they affording that without selling Modeste? It seems very excessive.

I remember last summer when loads were moaning that we had missed out on getting Fischer. There's a reason he was at Boro. He can't be much worse than Bojan.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:47:03 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #3153 on: June 30, 2017, 08:36:14 pm »
1860 München's main investor (Ismaik) has filed a lawsuit against 50+1 rule (Süddeutsche Zeitung)

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #3154 on: July 2, 2017, 10:32:40 am »
Well, it always seemed like it would take someone who’s crazy to bring this all the way to the courts, and Ismaik certainly fits the bill. Even Martin Kind baulked at doing so when push came to shove. There’s been a consensus for some time that 50+1 won’t survive a legal challenge.

The most likely outcome appears to be that money will flow into clubs based in destination cities, so the candidates would probably include Hertha and Union Berlin, HSV and St Pauli, Cologne, either of the Frankfurt clubs (although I've just noticed that FSV have been relegated to the fourth tier), Fortuna Düsseldorf, maybe Stuttgart.

In broad terms, the Bundesliga is almost certainly going to become a lot more like the Premier League, but with better beer, which breaks my heart a little. If people want crass, nouveau riche financial determinism, then the PL already has that covered.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3155 on: July 2, 2017, 11:12:04 am »
Well, it always seemed like it would take someone who’s crazy to bring this all the way to the courts, and Ismaik certainly fits the bill. Even Martin Kind baulked at doing so when push came to shove. There’s been a consensus for some time that 50+1 won’t survive a legal challenge.

The most likely outcome appears to be that money will flow into clubs based in destination cities, so the candidates would probably include Hertha and Union Berlin, HSV and St Pauli, Cologne, either of the Frankfurt clubs (although I've just noticed that FSV have been relegated to the fourth tier), Fortuna Düsseldorf, maybe Stuttgart.

In broad terms, the Bundesliga is almost certainly going to become a lot more like the Premier League, but with better beer, which breaks my heart a little. If people want crass, nouveau riche financial determinism, then the PL already has that covered.
Bayern must be gutted. Finally teams getting investment to challenge them.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #3156 on: July 2, 2017, 03:50:27 pm »

Realistically, there is an alternative here is already somewhat practiced in which large German-based multinational companies are purchasing shares in clubs. Allianz, Adidas and Audi each have minority stakes in Bayern München. Puma has a stake in Dortmund and recently Daimler purchased an interest in Stuttgart. Those make sense and would likely be more palatable for a German audience than having questionable foreign owners who would not have the same attachment and regional self-interest in the club. Some of the teams I think would benefit from what you are proposing are most likely the following:

Eintracht Frankfurt: in my opinion they would easily be the biggest winners of any chances to 50+1. They are the country's banking hub and have a renovated stadium. I've read a few things previously that have suggested there would be a fair bit of interest from the financial community in investing more in the club, so perhaps Stuttgart hold the model for them to use in the interim.

Stuttgart: They have one of the largest fanbases in Germany and are based in one of the country's more prosperous cities with plenty of local research and development and industry. Their stadium is also quite big and was renovated for the World Cup.

HSV: "Der Dino" has been in disarray for years. The city itself has an extremely high employment rate with a commercial sector that is much more diverse than simply its notable port (i.e. banking, aerospace industries) and its also a major media hub in Germany with the likes of Der Spiegel and Die Zeit published in the city. Like with Union Berlin, I could not see St. Pauli selling out their traditions.

Bremen: They had a really good title winning side a few years ago, but have sort of lost the plot in recent years. The city is a hub for manufacturing (Airbus, Mercedes-Benz), breweries (Becks) and is either the German or European headquarters for a number of companies including Kellogg's, Kraft Foods and InBev. Their stadium was also renovated for the World Cup a few years ago.

Hertha Berlin: they are Germany's capital city and have a large historic stadium. However the drawback with Hertha is that Berlin is a government city, which generally lacks an industrial/financial core, due to its Cold War history. Thus, while a large German company like Deutsche Bahn is based in Berlin, it's also state-owned, which makes it unlikely to receive that sort of local corporate interest one would get in Frankfurt or Munich. Union Berlin would be unlikely to receive such benefits, simply because it would take a reversal of the club's current operating stance. Somebody like Dynamo Berlin could be a RB Leipzig type project, but is so politically tainted that it seems unlikely.

Fortuna Düsseldorf: They have a 54,000 seater stadium that is fifteen years old and in located in Germany's telecommunications hub.  The conditions are ripe for them to do something. They even have a Japanese version of their website.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3157 on: July 2, 2017, 04:42:41 pm »

It'd be so sad if that happens. There are many reasons I prefer the Bundesliga to the Premier league, most obviously it's cos I find the football often technically better and the games far more entertaining. But other reasons are because of things that are bourne out of the 50+1 rule, and things like the ticket prices being geared towards your average fans, the atompshere being a million times better, the interaction and bond between teams and fans etc.

So it'd be a damn shame if this guy manages to put an end to that. But hopefully as the very good post by Rafa says,  the investment could come from big German industries and companies rather than the shite that's going on and ruining the Premier league. Can but hope I guess.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3158 on: July 3, 2017, 09:00:41 pm »
My Bayer Leverkusen obsession Kai Havertz has signed a new 5 year deal with the club  8)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #3159 on: July 3, 2017, 11:47:40 pm »
My Bayer Leverkusen obsession Kai Havertz has signed a new 5 year deal with the club  8)

Good deal for them. Given they'll likely lose Brandt for far less than his market value next season, they needed to lock Havertz down to a long-term deal. Especially with Calhanoglu gone and Hernandez likely to follow.