Author Topic: Cecil The Lion killed by US Dentist.  (Read 33982 times)

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
Re: Cecil The Lion killed by US Dentist.
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2015, 04:29:02 pm »
Where is he now does anyone know? Arrested?
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2015, 04:38:57 pm »
Absolute twat
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2015, 04:40:44 pm »
An interesting article from Conservation Magazine on the ethics of legalised hunting.
http://conservationmagazine.org/2014/01/can-trophy-hunting-reconciled-conservation/

It certainly doesn't apply to Cecil, but might to the rhino hunt pictured.

I absolutely don't get the urge to shoot a wild animal though.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2015, 04:44:27 pm »
I don't get calling him a cold-blooded killer either. Plenty of kiddies press X or whatever on their x-boxes too. He's just a coward. He doesn't get dirty, sure you get a 'sense' of danger in that jeep and all, but it's pathetic. The c*nt should be thrown into a hungry lion's den butt naked and tape the ensuing fair 'fight'. Display that shit on your mantelpiece.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2015, 04:46:36 pm »
He's the one that should of been skinned.

Given the chance - I'd tie the c*nt down in his chair in his surgery, get a rusty pen knife and slowly skin the horrific little fucker while he was awake unitl he was bare of skin. Then put his skin on and wear it like a trophy(RAWK circa 20010). Then pull his come-coloured teeth out, one by one with a set of stiff pliers, then sow them all together with dental floss and wear them as a chain around me kneck, whilst I danced around his surgey, with me bollocks swinging out of his skin, with Tight Fits 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' roaring out and me singing  - Heres my bollocks, my mighty bollocks, my bollocks swing tonight, see my bollocks, those mighty bollocks, those bollocks swing tonight, Awum wa hay! Awum wa hay! Awum wa hay! Awum wa hay! Awum wa hay!......

This is wrong and factually inaccurate. In order to properly be in line with RAWK circa 2010 surely you would have to be wearing his sisters head as a hat whilst carrying out this operation?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2015, 05:39:23 pm »
The one thing that may come out of this the piblic backlash may change things. its not just him.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2015, 05:50:27 pm »
An interesting article from Conservation Magazine on the ethics of legalised hunting.
http://conservationmagazine.org/2014/01/can-trophy-hunting-reconciled-conservation/

It certainly doesn't apply to Cecil, but might to the rhino hunt pictured.

I absolutely don't get the urge to shoot a wild animal though.

Interesting article.

In a 2011 letter to Science magazine, Leader-Williams also pointed out that the implementation of controlled, legalized hunting was also beneficial for Zimbabwe’s elephants. “Implementing trophy hunting has doubled the area of the country under wildlife management relative to the 13% in state protected areas,” thanks to the inclusion of private lands, he says. “As a result, the area of suitable land available to elephants and other wildlife has increased, reversing the problem of habitat loss and helping to maintain a sustained population increase in Zimbabwe’s already large elephant population.” It is important to note, however, that the removal of mature elephant males can have other, detrimental consequences on the psychological development of younger males. And rhinos and elephants are very different animals, with different needs and behaviors.

Still, the elephants of Zimbabwe and the white rhinos of South Africa seem to suggest that it is possible for conservation and trophy hunting to coexist, at least in principle. It is indeed a tricky, but not impossible, balance to strike.

Puts things into perspective. Still don't understand the urge to kill animals for fun, but if it's to be done it's better to have people paying stupid money that helps conservation than illegal poachers.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2015, 05:52:05 pm »
Trouble is, you still get both don't you?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2015, 06:37:21 pm »
Separately, court records have shown that the dentist has a felony record in the US after killing a black bear in the state of Wisconsin in 2006.

He was given a one-year probation and fined $3,000 (£1,900), having shot the animal outside an authorised zone and then trying to pass it off as having been killed elsewhere.

Records from the Minnesota Board of Dentistry also show that Mr Palmer was the subject of a sexual harassment complaint which was settled in 2006.

A receptionist alleged that he had made indecent comments to her. Mr Palmer admitted no wrongdoing and agreed to pay out more than $127,000 (£81,000).

(BBC)

Kill a black bear? $3,000 fine.
Make lewd comments?  Pay $127,000 shut up money.

I notice a discrepancy...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2015, 06:45:13 pm »
Interesting article.

Puts things into perspective. Still don't understand the urge to kill animals for fun, but if it's to be done it's better to have people paying stupid money that helps conservation than illegal poachers.

Someone on another site I frequent was spouting off about how if it wasn't for trophy hunters then these animals would have all been poached for Chinese medicine and there would no lions, elephants or rhino left.
There was another article rubbishing the notion that trophy hunting has any positive impact of endangered wildlife.

I mean what do most people know? We have to rely on what we're told and one side are saying it's terrible and immoral and has no benefit to animal numbers in the wild and others who are pro  hunting say that they are conservationists who are saving these animals by paying to kill them because if there's a price on these animals heads then they're worth protecting.

Fuck knows....but I'm sorry - whatever propaganda people want to use, paying a shitload of money to travel around the world slaughtering wild animals and chopping their heads off and sticking them on your wall is absolutely and without a doubt fucked up.

I know it's an extreme example but it's like Lord so and so who likes fucking kids in children's homes, so he pays the home say £50k to go and do just that...I mean the home gets funded, most of the kids are fine and they're well fed and the home can continue long into the future so it's win-win right, only one kid?

There is no justification for what this dentist fucking scum prick did, none.
No amount of mental gymnastics and propaganda and BS will make what he did ok.

Grrrrrr

How and why are people still allowed to do this, legally, in the 21st century, to at risk and endangered animals ?

The privileged/rich  really do live in their own world and by their own rules and laws.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2015, 06:48:58 pm »
Trouble is, you still get both don't you?
Yes, as the article makes clear. Obviously non-hunting tourism is a much better way of raising money for conservation and fighting poaching. Luring a major tourist attraction out of its protected environment should certainly therefore be an aggravating factor as it undermines the basis of conservation efforts that enable controlled hunting in the first place.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2015, 06:59:45 pm »
Interesting article on the Guardian, although it seems to be quoting the same sources as the article above

Trophy hunting just part of the story behind declining lion numbers in Africa

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2015, 07:05:00 pm »
Good comment on another site from someone

This argument is all nuance. It is designed to put trophy hunting in a better light but escapes the TRUE facts regarding the economic value. Let me put this in perspective for you. The University of Port Elizabeth estimates eco-tourism is 15X more lucrative than trophy hunting. In other words, Cecil was worth $819,195 alive vs $54,000 dead.  What a ridiculous attempt to justify killing endangered species to compensate for erectile dysfunctional incompetents.

Second - Culling older males

Another poor attempt to articulate. Let me separate the myth from the facts for you. Culling older males disrupts the family hierarchy and creates  disorder among the younger males.  They will begin fighting and competing for females where needless death of breeding males occurs. It devastates the social order of things when you kill the ruling male. It's not natural selection when that happens.

And finally,

Bow and arrow was used in this instance, not very effective at all. 40 hours of stalking thereafter. Poor animal. Trophy hunting should be banned and eco friendly tourism is the answer for animal conservation. Like the other member said, peddle your crap elsewhere.   
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline ColdSteel

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2015, 07:21:19 pm »
What's the point? What's he going to do with a fucking rhino and lions head besides have a wank to them? Bellend. I hope the next thing he tries to kill bites his cock off.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2015, 07:38:04 pm »
What a disgusting specimen.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2015, 07:59:03 pm »
If anyone is interested, these are the people who set up the hunt. THEO BRONKHORST and the concession owner HONEST NDLOVU

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2015, 08:00:09 pm »
concession owner HONEST NDLOVU

That aspirational naming didn't seem to go too well then...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2015, 08:04:02 pm »
He's the one that should of been skinned.

Given the chance - I'd tie the c*nt down in his chair in his surgery, get a rusty pen knife and slowly skin the horrific little fucker while he was awake unitl he was bare of skin. Then put his skin on and wear it like a trophy(RAWK circa 20010). Then pull his come-coloured teeth out, one by one with a set of stiff pliers, then sow them all together with dental floss and wear them as a chain around me kneck, whilst I danced around his surgey, with me bollocks swinging out of his skin, with Tight Fits 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' roaring out and me singing  - Heres my bollocks, my mighty bollocks, my bollocks swing tonight, see my bollocks, those mighty bollocks, those bollocks swing tonight, Awum wa hay! Awum wa hay! Awum wa hay! Awum wa hay! Awum wa hay!......

How's it hanging Hannibal  ?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2015, 08:16:23 pm »
Fucking horrible c*nt.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2015, 08:32:16 pm »
I see the Ronson effect is in full swing.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2015, 08:41:49 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2015, 09:14:51 pm »
Its gone too far now

"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2015, 10:59:38 pm »
The Zimbawean government should start giving hunting licences to kill poachers rather than endangered animals. It would give these sick fuckers the chance to hunt the 'ultimate hunter'- each other, cull their numbers rather than animals that are struggling to survive due to shrinking habitats and farmers protecting their animals.

Hope he is prosecuted, loses his business and photos of other people who have been on these shoots are published and shamed.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2015, 11:03:13 pm »
Why would you call a fucking lion Cecil?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2015, 11:04:13 pm »
Why would you call a fucking lion Cecil if you had a lisp?

Good question.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2015, 11:32:29 pm »
Despicable act, but I can't help feel the worldwide witchhunt is too much.

He should be dealt with by whatever laws are in place. He ought to be fucking ashamed and I think you have to be a bit sick in the head to want to do this. It's undeniably cruel. But what do people want to happen? Him to lose everything he's got? Kill himself? It just doesn't quite sit right with me. Would we have so much of an outcry for any other animal that's shot dead? Surely if there's a market for it where you can actually pay to go and kill a lion, this bloke can't be the only one?

Again I wouldn't defend him, I can't even kill a spider if I see one in the house. But at the same time, it's a wider issue that needs solving in other ways than hounding one man out of his job and into a lifetime of misery.

Offline ColdSteel

• Anny Roader
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2015, 11:57:19 pm »

He should be dealt with by whatever laws are in place. He ought to be fucking ashamed and I think you have to be a bit sick in the head to want to do this. It's undeniably cruel. But what do people want to happen? Him to lose everything he's got? Kill himself? It just doesn't quite sit right with me. Would we have so much of an outcry for any other animal that's shot dead? Surely if there's a market for it where you can actually pay to go and kill a lion, this bloke can't be the only one?

Again I wouldn't defend him, I can't even kill a spider if I see one in the house. But at the same time, it's a wider issue that needs solving in other ways than hounding one man out of his job and into a lifetime of misery.

I get what you're saying. As Mouth said the Ronson effect is in full swing. But this man is a c*nt. Baiting a lion outside of a protected sanctuary with a dead carcass setting up a nightime trap so he can shot him with a bow. Injuring him so he can track him for the better part of 2 days than finally finishing him off. Fuck him. 

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2015, 12:44:34 am »
I think the reason why this is so big is it was in the headlines because the lion was famous in Zimbabwe. So it caught the eyes of many. And to a lot of people, the concept really is baffling and they would feel some type of way if they get told about it. Like many in this thread. When people are angry, they do and say stuff.

There have been other American trophy hunters in the social media spotlight in the last few years, so it's not entirely out of the blue.

I don't like internet witch-hunts, but if you do something that ends up in the news that a lot of people find deplorable, you're going to have people saying nasty stuff about you.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2015, 01:03:21 am »
to be honest hunting any animal for fun is sick and I hope those that do it get cancer. sick? Yes but even sicker to think hunting animals is just a bit of fun.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2015, 03:33:58 am »

I would normally agree with you but sometimes the world needs someone like him to take their anger out on and show that this isn't a one-off. He represents the true atrocities of a system that is still in place. People can now put a name to a face i.e. his face and start protesting against poaching in a more serious way.

Hopefully, we will now see some much stricter measures put in place to help protect these animals against criminals like him.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2015, 05:00:49 am »
The one thing that may come out of this the piblic backlash may change things. its not just him.

Fuck them as well. The French had the right idea with their royal family.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2015, 08:37:46 am »
Never knew that you could actually legally kill animals like lions. Just a different mindset as I cannot imagine why anyone would want to hunt animals like that.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2015, 08:42:25 am »
As the world mourned Cecil the lion, five of Kenya’s endangered elephants were slain

"While the killing of the lion in Zimbabwe has attracted the world’s attention, the death of the five elephants has received almost no coverage, even though elephants are under a far greater threat from poachers than lions. Their tusks can be sold in Asia for more than $1,000 per pound."

Seems to be a daily thing unfortunately. Humans won't be happy until all big game animals are gone.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2015, 09:01:42 am »
Fucking backwards market in Asia that buys that shit up.

Kill all poachers.

Jail all those buying poached products.

There aren't enough resources in the world, why the fuck are we wasting oxygen on these c*nts.

I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2015, 09:12:46 am »
I see the Ronson effect is in full swing.

No it's not. It's not the same thing, he said so himself on the Twitters.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2015, 09:15:50 am »

OOOH look at the hard man with his shirt off, showing off his kill!

This motherfucker. He's not got his pants off, does he? I wonder how he'd feel if the whole world saw his inverted penis. Fucking erectile deficient fucking wankstain c*nt of a cretin. Fuck him, fuck the mother that gave birth to him and the small-cocked father that needled his watery sperm into the hole that sheltered him for 9 wasted months, fuck bows and arrows, fuck fucking hunting altogether, fuck off the internet for making me aware of shit like this, fuck off. I can't remember the last time I wanted to punch someone this badly. And fucking dentists. What can you say about them? They are known degenerates. Apologies to any dentists on here, but fuck off.

If anyone is interested, these are the people who set up the hunt. THEO BRONKHORST and the concession owner HONEST NDLOVU

Honest Uvula can do one too, the 90-year-old looking Nigerian c*nt.

At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2015, 09:17:44 am »
Just as a side bar for those on facebook who equate the killer of Cecil with those of us who choose to eat meat: get off your high horse and get yourself some bloody perspective.  The bullshit I'm running into is infuriating - it's like only vegetarians are allowed to be angry over this!  :butt
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2015, 09:21:52 am »
Just as a side bar for those on facebook who equate the killer of Cecil with those of us who choose to eat meat: get off your high horse and get yourself some bloody perspective.  The bullshit I'm running into is infuriating - it's like only vegetarians are allowed to be angry over this!  :butt

Some of the 'Green' folk are so unprogressive and conservative in some of their views, it scares me.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2015, 09:22:17 am »
I'm not sure I feel the outrage as many here do, because I can't get past the overwhelming sadness provoked by knowing this magnificent animal took 40 hours to die.

40 hours of agony, terror, and slowly bleeding to death.

I feel ashamed to be human.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2015, 10:12:04 am »
I'm not sure I feel the outrage as many here do, because I can't get past the overwhelming sadness provoked by knowing this magnificent animal took 40 hours to die.

40 hours of agony, terror, and slowly bleeding to death.

I feel ashamed to be human.

Everything about this is just horrific. Hopefully the memory of this great cat will help put an end to this sort of shit.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"