Author Topic: FIFA Investigated by FBI  (Read 230594 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: FIFA Investigated by FBI
« Reply #200 on: May 27, 2015, 06:57:28 pm »
Evertime you check Twitter something else has happened.

David Conn ‏@david_conn 4m4 minutes ago

FIFA: US Indictments: Chuck Blazer, ex-Fifa power, pleaded guilty to racketeering, money-laundering, wire fraud conspiracy, tax-evasion.

David Conn ‏@david_conn 53s54 seconds ago

FIFA: US Indictment: Jose Hawilla, founder of marketing co Traffic, paid bribes to Fifa official when "sportswear company" sponsored Brazil.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:00:34 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: May 27, 2015, 07:00:26 pm »
David Conn ‏@david_conn 4m4 minutes ago

FIFA: US Indictments: Chuck Blazer, ex-Fifa power, pleaded guilty to racketeering, money-laundering, wire fraud conspiracy, tax-evasion.

Blazer's the person that started all of this, he cut a deal and rolled.  Now time for the rest that were arrested to do the same. The reason the US Attorney is saying this is only the start is they expect those people arrested today to do whatever they can to save their ass, that means giving up the goods.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #202 on: May 27, 2015, 07:01:32 pm »
What jurisdiction do the FBI have to arrest these officials in Switzerland? And are they being charged with breaking American laws and therefore will be extradited?
Think this article may answer some of the questions.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/27/us-soccer-fifa-arrests-idUSKBN0OC0B020150527
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #203 on: May 27, 2015, 07:02:29 pm »
FIFA have just banned all 11 firm footie related activities.

What

A

Coincidence.

They can now claim its np been dealt with and nothing to do with them.  You wait and see.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: May 27, 2015, 07:03:15 pm »
@danroan: Breaking: FIFA Independent Ethics Committee bans 11 individuals from football-related activities. The banned individuals are: Jeffrey Webb..

@danroan: Eduardo Li, Julio Rocha, Costas Takkas, Jack Warner, Eugenio Figueredo, Rafael Esquivel, José Maria Marin, Nicolás Leoz...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: May 27, 2015, 07:03:35 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/watch?v=MGQaH3-LK54" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/watch?v=MGQaH3-LK54</a>
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 27, 2015, 07:04:25 pm »
Swiss authorities say all Swiss workers in FIFA are banned from leaving the country including Blatter.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: May 27, 2015, 07:08:11 pm »
Statement by FIFA President Blatter

This is a difficult time for football, the fans and for FIFA as an organisation. We understand the disappointment that many have expressed and I know that the events of today will impact the way in which many people view us.

As unfortunate as these events are, it should be clear that we welcome the actions and the investigations by the US and Swiss authorities and believe that it will help to reinforce measures that FIFA has already taken to root out any wrongdoing in football.

While there will be many who are frustrated with the pace of change, I would like to stress the actions that we have taken and will continue to take. In fact, today’s action by the Swiss Office of the Attorney General was set in motion when we submitted a dossier to the Swiss authorities late last year.

Let me be clear: such misconduct has no place in football and we will ensure that those who engage in it are put out of the game. Following the events of today, the independent Ethics Committee – which is in the midst of its own proceedings regarding the awarding of the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups -- took swift action to provisionally ban those individuals named by the authorities from any football-related activities at the national and international level. These actions are on top of similar steps that FIFA has taken over the past year to exclude any members who violate our own Code of Ethics.

We will continue to work with the relevant authorities and we will work vigorously within FIFA in order to root out any misconduct, to regain your trust and ensure that football worldwide is free from wrongdoing.
W

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: May 27, 2015, 07:10:01 pm »

Should just read, "I am covering my ass till I get busted."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: May 27, 2015, 07:12:03 pm »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #210 on: May 27, 2015, 07:12:33 pm »
FIFA tonight

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #211 on: May 27, 2015, 07:17:02 pm »
Swiss authorities say all Swiss workers in FIFA are banned from leaving the country including Blatter.

How are they going to stop them?  They are in the Schengen - so surely they would have to issue an alert on the Schengen system to stop them leaving Europe?
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: May 27, 2015, 07:20:34 pm »
How are they going to stop them?  They are in the Schengen - so surely they would have to issue an alert on the Schengen system to stop them leaving Europe?
Well, I think, it is a polite way for saying they are under house arrest.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #213 on: May 27, 2015, 07:24:24 pm »
Andrew Jennings on Sky News saying he has spoken to the FBI and given them documents about Blatter he thinks it will be only a matter of time.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: May 27, 2015, 07:24:42 pm »
I've not been following FIFA related stuff - if I want to be depressed I usually just look in the Tory Bastards thread - so could anybody tell me if there is even anybody standing against Septic Bladder in this "election"?

Hope they bring the whole diseased, corrupt temple down on Blatter's head.  It's going to be biblical.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lucaspool FC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #215 on: May 27, 2015, 07:30:32 pm »
Blatter is pure evil. Hope he dies in prison. But he won't :no

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #216 on: May 27, 2015, 07:31:21 pm »
I've not been following FIFA related stuff - if I want to be depressed I usually just look in the Tory Bastards thread - so could anybody tell me if there is even anybody standing against Septic Bladder in this "election"?

Hope they bring the whole diseased, corrupt temple down on Blatter's head.  It's going to be biblical.

Hussein bin Al Abdullah, Crown Prince of Jordan is the only one standing against Blatter.

Luis Figo and a couple of others were also standing until last week when they all decided to withdraw

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 27, 2015, 07:31:28 pm »

Prince Ali bin Hussein of Jordan is his only opponent.  Luis Figo and I think the Dutch FA chief both pulled out.

Offline gaztop08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: May 27, 2015, 07:32:00 pm »
Wow.... they were just saying on radio that Chuck Blazer has been wearing a wire for the FBI

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: May 27, 2015, 07:32:43 pm »
Wow.... they were just saying on radio that Chuck Blazer has been wearing a wire for the FBI
All part of a reduced sentence, I'd imagine.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #220 on: May 27, 2015, 07:32:47 pm »
Hussein bin Al Abdullah, Crown Prince of Jordan is the only one standing against Blatter.

Luis Figo and a couple of others were also standing until last week when they all decided to withdraw

Good timing?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: May 27, 2015, 07:40:05 pm »
W

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #222 on: May 27, 2015, 07:47:31 pm »
:D

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: May 27, 2015, 07:49:12 pm »
All part of a reduced sentence, I'd imagine.

That's what I said already, he rolled so he wasn't put in prison for life and all his assets taken.  Watch the ones that were arrested today end up doing the same when faced with a lifetime of butt rapings in Federal prison.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: May 27, 2015, 07:55:00 pm »
@pkelso: FBI suggest - though don't name - Nike  Brazil deal as under suspicion. Statement from Oregon (via @darrenrovell) http://t.co/KEwueD5bkl

That's why the sponsors can't withdraw... They are culpable too
W

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: May 27, 2015, 07:55:56 pm »
FIFA have just banned all 11 firm footie related activities.

What

A

Coincidence.

They can now claim its np been dealt with and nothing to do with them.  You wait and see.

"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: May 27, 2015, 07:57:47 pm »

Funnily, that was Blatter's excuse.... Money in his account was just being held for someone else (I forget who)

Because we all do that don't we.

Here, could you mind this Ł100k for me?

Of course I can, nothing fishy about that at all.  I keep my money under the mattress rather than my own bank account too.
W

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #227 on: May 27, 2015, 08:02:10 pm »
FIFA will change when the sponsors withdraw sponsorship, interestingly 3 of the FIFA sponsors are US based[Coca Cola-Visa & Budweiser] FBI investigation hopefully those sponsors will withdraw sponsorship although that prob wishful thinking, until then everything is rosy according to Septic Blatter.
#Sausages

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: May 27, 2015, 08:04:23 pm »
FIFA will change when the sponsors withdraw sponsorship, interestingly 3 of the FIFA sponsors are US based[Coca Cola-Visa & Budweiser] FBI investigation hopefully those sponsors will withdraw sponsorship although that prob wishful thinking, until then everything is rosy according to Septic Blatter.
Nike Brazil seems to be indicted .... Did Nike US know?????
W

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #229 on: May 27, 2015, 08:08:56 pm »
Nike Brazil seems to be indicted .... Did Nike US know?????

Maybe, wouldn't surprise me, remember the shenanigans of will or won't Ronaldo play in the 98 World Cup final, stems from Nike allegedly forcing the change on the team sheet for him to start after he wasn't selected, think Ronaldo took ill earlier that day or the day before that.
#Sausages

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: May 27, 2015, 08:10:40 pm »
Maybe, wouldn't surprise me, remember the shenanigans of will or won't Ronaldo play in the 98 World Cup final, stems from Nike allegedly forcing the change on the team sheet for him to start after he wasn't selected, think Ronaldo took ill earlier that day or the day before that.
First thing that came to mind as well.

It seems there is a shit ton of stuff that was just swept under the carpet will appear. I think it is time to create a new governing body for football all together and if the Qataris & Russians want to have their world cup, they can have it between them.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #231 on: May 27, 2015, 08:15:34 pm »
There's a load to come out over one of FIFA marketing firms appointed by FIFA to sell broadcast rights to 2006 World Cup, the marketing firm went bankrupt allegations of corruption over that.
#Sausages

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #232 on: May 27, 2015, 08:22:44 pm »
Asian Football Confederation expresses "disappointment and sadness" at today's events but opposes postponement of presidential elections.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: May 27, 2015, 08:24:14 pm »
Asian Football Confederation expresses "disappointment and sadness" at today's events but opposes postponement of presidential elections.
Corrupt c*nts.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #234 on: May 27, 2015, 08:39:15 pm »
:D
Interesting fact, the term Soccer originated in England.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #235 on: May 27, 2015, 08:46:01 pm »
If all this unravels, will Russia and Qatar still host the world cups seeing as it is obvious they paid to do so?

Given that workers basic human rights are being violated in Qatar I hope they get told to go and rightly royally fuck themselves
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #236 on: May 27, 2015, 08:49:22 pm »
@pkelso: FBI suggest - though don't name - Nike  Brazil deal as under suspicion. Statement from Oregon (via @darrenrovell) http://t.co/KEwueD5bkl

That's why the sponsors can't withdraw... They are culpable too

lots of dirty linen is going to come out now.

watch the rats rat each other out now.

is great
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: May 27, 2015, 08:49:27 pm »
This is fantastic.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #238 on: May 27, 2015, 08:50:09 pm »
Anyone see that documentary BBC done on them?

I bet there are plenty of English FA officials and British Government MP's who gladly love to see FIFA getting fucked over after denying their bid for the world cup. That was an absolutely mad documentary like
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #239 on: May 27, 2015, 08:52:03 pm »
This is fantastic.

Yep. Made great radio on TalkShite today.