Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2606490 times)

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs
« Reply #7320 on: December 24, 2017, 10:07:18 pm »
Did Roy Keane ever beat Real Madrid?

Good point, I don't think he did. Maybe Winks is better after all....

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7321 on: December 24, 2017, 10:35:51 pm »
Did Roy Keane ever beat Real Madrid?

No but he did score an own goal against them then spit on his own face in the aftermath so...sorry, what was the question again?

Online Believe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7322 on: December 24, 2017, 11:22:20 pm »
Salah will have to maintain his scoring record for longer than 6 months, say like another three seasons before he can be mentioned in the same breath as Kane.

Kane will have to win some trophies, say at least a league title and European Cup to be mentioned in the same breath as Henry or Suarez.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7323 on: December 25, 2017, 06:51:59 am »
Kane will have to win some trophies, say at least a league title and European Cup to be mentioned in the same breath as Henry or Suarez.

Now you are just being mean and silly. Winning stuff with Spurs?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7324 on: December 25, 2017, 07:14:06 am »

Can you mention Milan Baros or Djibril Cisse in the same breath as Henry and Shearer then? An absolutely bollocks argument. Winning a team award has nothing to do with a players individual ability.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7325 on: December 25, 2017, 07:37:42 am »
Kane will never be as good as Henry, he just hasnt got the ability , no matter how many goals he scores. There is a chasm in talent that Kane just does not have the attributes to bridge. Same with Suarez, hes still miles off Shearer, but one of the best around now. The likes of Ronaldo and Batistuta are not around now, the world class strikers have largely diminished, otherwise Kane wouldnt be so hyped up.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7326 on: December 25, 2017, 07:50:10 am »
Kane will never be as good as Henry, he just hasnt got the ability , no matter how many goals he scores. There is a chasm in talent that Kane just does not have the attributes to bridge. Same with Suarez, hes still miles off Shearer, but one of the best around now. The likes of Ronaldo and Batistuta are not around now, the world class strikers have largely diminished, otherwise Kane wouldnt be so hyped up.

I'd say it's the quality of defenders that has diminished. How many really high quality defenders are there in the Premier League these days? One of the best players is Kane's teammate and in my opinion Azpilicueta is the only other world class defender currently playing in England. It's the same in every league though to be honest. Unfortunately for Spurs they're to face the best defensive unit in the Champions League. Let's see how Kane fares against Chiellini and Benatia in a big tie over 2 legs. I've a feeling it won't go well for him.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 07:52:39 am by Gerry Attrick »

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7327 on: December 25, 2017, 11:31:57 am »
I'd say it's the quality of defenders that has diminished. How many really high quality defenders are there in the Premier League these days? One of the best players is Kane's teammate and in my opinion Azpilicueta is the only other world class defender currently playing in England. It's the same in every league though to be honest. Unfortunately for Spurs they're to face the best defensive unit in the Champions League. Let's see how Kane fares against Chiellini and Benatia in a big tie over 2 legs. I've a feeling it won't go well for him.
The goals per game now ( PL at least ) is no different to what it was in 2004. Surely, if defending had become so bad, then that would have changed.

People can make up intangible things to say this guy or that was better but ultimately, if Kane continues to produce at this level and in time produces at the latter stages of Champions League seasons. You'd have to put him there with any of the great goalscorers.
But of course, he has a way to go. The argument that he is on the right track to doing so, is a good one...hopefully he doesn't get too attached to Spurs.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #7328 on: December 25, 2017, 11:52:59 am »
The goals per game now ( PL at least ) is no different to what it was in 2004. Surely, if defending had become so bad, then that would have changed.

I wonder what the distribution of goals against the top say 5/6 is like compared to 2004? I think Kane is definitely on the right track, when you compare him to someone like Lukaku, who has shown good numbers but only really against the shite teams.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7329 on: December 25, 2017, 12:22:09 pm »
People can make up intangible things to say this guy or that was better but ultimately, if Kane continues to produce at this level and in time produces at the latter stages of Champions League seasons. You'd have to put him there with any of the great goalscorers.
But of course, he has a way to go. The argument that he is on the right track to doing so, is a good one...hopefully he doesn't get too attached to Spurs.

Yep. Just like Salah really. If if if if if if if.

Hope Kane gets the 2017 record tomorrow though (whilst Spurs lose, obviously).

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7330 on: December 25, 2017, 02:08:00 pm »
Real Madrid are going to be so in for him this summer.

Benzema is absolutely done and they need a replacement for him. Perez will be going all out for him.

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
« Reply #7331 on: December 26, 2017, 09:36:26 am »
Real Madrid are going to be so in for him this summer.

Benzema is absolutely done and they need a replacement for him. Perez will be going all out for him.

What chance do you think Spurs sell their superstar striker in the summer they move into their brand new stadium? I can just see it now. Not. Spurs move into NWHL and sell their lynchpin. ;D

Never going to happen. Madrid want Neymar by the looks of it anyway. I can't ever see Kane at Madrid. I think he will always remain in the PL.

• Kopite
« Reply #7332 on: December 26, 2017, 09:44:26 am »

Kane has plenty of ability. Henry would never have scored a goal like Kanes third against Burnley. He actually tackles the Burnley player wins the ball, gives and goes...beautiful goal and every bit as majestic as running 50 yards with the ball beating a few players and curling it into the corner.

They are different types of players but I'd bet you Kane will piss all over Henry's goal total when he finally retires and will go down as the PL GOAT striker.

You simply can't say Kane is being hyped up because there are no great forwards around. You do realise we are in the era where the two best forwards who ever played the game are currently playing? Messi and Ronaldo? And Kane is on track to beat their goal haul this year. So in essence, their has never been a higher bar to hit.

Laughable to suggest the bar was higher back in the day than it is with Messi and Ronaldo playing. Try again gooner.

• Kopite
« Reply #7333 on: December 26, 2017, 09:50:35 am »
Can you mention Milan Baros or Djibril Cisse in the same breath as Henry and Shearer then? An absolutely bollocks argument. Winning a team award has nothing to do with a players individual ability.

Yep just nonsense. Kane may or not win trophies but IF he eventually outscores every other PL striker their has ever been....how can he not be mentioned in the same breath?

Loads of no mark players have won league titles and champions leagues. Many world class players have won next to nothing..

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7334 on: December 26, 2017, 09:56:46 am »
Harry Kane is 167 goals behind Alan Shearer. The talk of him beating Shearer's record at this point is beyond stupid.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7335 on: December 26, 2017, 10:13:48 am »
Harry Kane is 167 goals behind Alan Shearer. The talk of him beating Shearer's record at this point is beyond stupid.

Spot on mate. That's at least 5-6 seasons of scoring 30 odd league goals each year. The more likely scenario is that Kane is not at Spurs for much longer if he continues his goal scoring rate. That's not a slight on Spurs but just a reflection of the era we are living in. If you are a top performer in the big European leagues and are not at one of the biggest clubs already then it's only a matter of time before you are.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7336 on: December 26, 2017, 10:25:38 am »
Shearer didn’t score all his goals for one club. Kane could break the record at City.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #7337 on: December 26, 2017, 10:26:27 am »
Shearer didn’t score all his goals for one club. Kane could break the record at City.

Isn`t he a life long Spurs fan? Why would he go to City?

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7338 on: December 26, 2017, 10:28:18 am »
Kane has plenty of ability. Henry would never have scored a goal like Kanes third against Burnley. He actually tackles the Burnley player wins the ball, gives and goes...beautiful goal and every bit as majestic as running 50 yards with the ball beating a few players and curling it into the corner.

They are different types of players but I'd bet you Kane will piss all over Henry's goal total when he finally retires and will go down as the PL GOAT striker.

You simply can't say Kane is being hyped up because there are no great forwards around. You do realise we are in the era where the two best forwards who ever played the game are currently playing? Messi and Ronaldo? And Kane is on track to beat their goal haul this year. So in essence, their has never been a higher bar to hit.

Laughable to suggest the bar was higher back in the day than it is with Messi and Ronaldo playing. Try again gooner.

Hes not even at Van Nistlerooy's level yet, a few levels below Drogba and Shearer, lightyears below Henry. I dont think hed make a list of top 10 premier league strikers of all time at the moment, you're only predicting greatness for him, in the same way you say trophies are only a matter of time at Spurs, you're the eternal optimist, not backed by reality.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7339 on: December 26, 2017, 10:35:21 am »
Spot on mate. That's at least 5-6 seasons of scoring 30 odd league goals each year. The more likely scenario is that Kane is not at Spurs for much longer if he continues his goal scoring rate. That's not a slight on Spurs but just a reflection of the era we are living in. If you are a top performer in the big European leagues and are not at one of the biggest clubs already then it's only a matter of time before you are.

With respect mate, that's nonsense. Over the last game, if you pretend that away goals count for double, then they're actually the best team in the league. And even in the big European Leagues they'd be level, at worst, with Barcelona. And Barcelona beat Real Madrid, which yeah is great but Spurs have actually done that twice this season. And if you take wins over Real Madrid as worth twenty times more than another win, then they've actually already won the league. For the third season in a row actually. And to be honest if you think all of that is gibberish, as many probably will, then I have some facts for you. Harry Kane has scored the most PL goals in a calendar year. That might shock you, I'm sure its something you haven't heard about because its a very niche stat that I don't think anyone has publicised. But its true. He also scored three in his last game, which over a season translates into 114 goals. League goals. Now, that's impressive. Has Suarez ever scored 114 league goals in a season? Has Messi? Has Ronaldo? No, they haven't. Not since To Madeira on Championship Manager 02/03 has a player scored 114 league goals in a season. Fact.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7340 on: December 26, 2017, 10:37:21 am »
Isn`t he a life long Spurs fan? Why would he go to City?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7341 on: December 26, 2017, 10:45:59 am »
Yep just nonsense. Kane may or not win trophies but IF he eventually outscores every other PL striker their has ever been....how can he not be mentioned in the same breath?

Loads of no mark players have won league titles and champions leagues. Many world class players have won next to nothing..

This is very true.

Whats also true is that scoring lots of goals doesn't automatically make you a great striker, and being the highest scorer in the PL doesn't automatically make you the greatest striker in the PL. Unfortunately.

If we go back to 97/98 for example, are we thinking Dion Dublin and Chris Sutton were both better than Dennis Bergkamp that season because they scored more goals?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7342 on: December 26, 2017, 10:46:49 am »
With respect mate, that's nonsense. Over the last game, if you pretend that away goals count for double, then they're actually the best team in the league. And even in the big European Leagues they'd be level, at worst, with Barcelona. And Barcelona beat Real Madrid, which yeah is great but Spurs have actually done that twice this season. And if you take wins over Real Madrid as worth twenty times more than another win, then they've actually already won the league. For the third season in a row actually. And to be honest if you think all of that is gibberish, as many probably will, then I have some facts for you. Harry Kane has scored the most PL goals in a calendar year. That might shock you, I'm sure its something you haven't heard about because its a very niche stat that I don't think anyone has publicised. But its true. He also scored three in his last game, which over a season translates into 114 goals. League goals. Now, that's impressive. Has Suarez ever scored 114 league goals in a season? Has Messi? Has Ronaldo? No, they haven't. Not since To Madeira on Championship Manager 02/03 has a player scored 114 league goals in a season. Fact.

;D Well, it's hard to argue with that logic. I can see why Primativ takes a ski holiday every couple of weeks. It's mentally exhausting.

• Kopite
« Reply #7343 on: December 26, 2017, 10:59:30 am »
Hes not even at Van Nistlerooy's level yet, a few levels below Drogba and Shearer, lightyears below Henry. I dont think hed make a list of top 10 premier league strikers of all time at the moment, you're only predicting greatness for him, in the same way you say trophies are only a matter of time at Spurs, you're the eternal optimist, not backed by reality.

Kane has already matched a record which only Shearer holds. Henry, RVN, whoever else couldn't score 36 PL goals in one year.

“We’ve looked into Thierry Henry’s record and compared Harry Kane’s statistics after the same amount of games.

"Not only has Kane grabbed his debut goal, century of goals and golden boot quicker than Henry, he has more goals and assists after the same amount of games too.

“Henry is fifth in the all-time Premier League record goal scorers, but Kane is well on his way towards overtaking the Frenchman.

Light years behind Henry. Laughable. Don't be bitter mate. Just accept it. Kane's current trajectory is already ahead of Henry's at the same stage, and is accelerating.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7344 on: December 26, 2017, 11:00:15 am »
;D Well, it's hard to argue with that logic. I can see why Primativ takes a ski holiday every couple of weeks. It's mentally exhausting.

That's only when his team doesn't win though.

If they lose again today, he wont be back until they win.  ;D

• Kopite
« Reply #7345 on: December 26, 2017, 11:00:48 am »
This is very true.

Whats also true is that scoring lots of goals doesn't automatically make you a great striker, and being the highest scorer in the PL doesn't automatically make you the greatest striker in the PL. Unfortunately.

If we go back to 97/98 for example, are we thinking Dion Dublin and Chris Sutton were both better than Dennis Bergkamp that season because they scored more goals?

Oh dear, you are trying so hard, have to give you credit for that. Comparing Kane to Sutton and Dublin. You've really lost the plot now haven't you...

By what other tangible metric other than goals can you measure the greatest strikers ever? It's a ridiculous point you are trying to make.

Just to clarify, if Kane was playing at the same time as Bergkamp, Kane would still be the better striker. Bergkamp was a great player, but he wasn't the complete striker Kane is. 87 goals in 315 games, you might want to look at Kane's record.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 11:06:01 am by Primativ »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7346 on: December 26, 2017, 11:05:06 am »
Oh dear, you are trying so hard, have to give you credit for that. Comparing Kane to Sutton and Dublin. You've really lost the plot now haven't you...

By what other tangible metric other than goals can you measure the greatest strikers ever? It's a ridiculous point you are trying to make.

;D

Just answer the question

Were Dion Dublin and Chris Sutton better than Dennis Bergkamp in that season? All three strikers. Who was better?

• Kopite
« Reply #7347 on: December 26, 2017, 11:06:40 am »
;D

Just answer the question

Were Dion Dublin and Chris Sutton better than Dennis Bergkamp in that season? All three strikers. Who was better?

Bergkamp was. If Bergkamp was playing today, Kane would be the better striker. What point are you trying to make?

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #7348 on: December 26, 2017, 11:08:26 am »
Bergkamp was. If Bergkamp was playing today, Kane would be the better striker. What point are you trying to make?

I think the point you're both trying to make is that this is easily the most tedious thread on the entire forum. Job well done.
We beat Real Madrid

• Kopite
« Reply #7349 on: December 26, 2017, 11:09:20 am »
Let's put it in a way you'll understand...

Kane has already scored more than Bergkamp managed in his entire PL career, in a third of the number of games.

87 goals in 315 apps
or
93 goals in 113

;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7350 on: December 26, 2017, 11:09:49 am »

One sec, I'm gonna change my sig again :lmao

You're making me work hard this morning dude

• Kopite
« Reply #7351 on: December 26, 2017, 11:09:57 am »
I think the point you're both trying to make is that this is easily the most tedious thread on the entire forum. Job well done.

Feel free to change the subject...

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7352 on: December 26, 2017, 11:11:08 am »

Threads in which Primativ posts in: The Spurs Thread

Threads which are the most tedious in the entire forum: The Spurs Thread

Hmmm. :hally
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

• Kopite
« Reply #7353 on: December 26, 2017, 11:11:29 am »
One sec, I'm gonna change my sig again :lmao

You're making me work hard this morning dude

Feel free to include Kane's superior goal scoring stats too, whilst you are at it. You basically have no comeback to that...

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7354 on: December 26, 2017, 11:12:11 am »
Let's put it in a way you'll understand...

Kane has already scored more than Bergkamp managed in his entire PL career, in a third of the number of games.

87 goals in 315 apps
or
93 goals in 113

;D

???

You seem to be jumping from only judging strikers on goals, to not? Which is it?

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7355 on: December 26, 2017, 11:13:03 am »
To be fair to Bergkamp, I'm sure he'll concede he'll never score a goal as good as Kane's against Burnley.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7356 on: December 26, 2017, 11:15:09 am »
Feel free to include Kane's superior goal scoring stats too, whilst you are at it. You basically have no comeback to that...

Mate, I'm not even gonna enter a reasoned argument with someone who thinks Harry Kane was better than Dennis Bergkamp. Its absurd.

• Kopite
« Reply #7357 on: December 26, 2017, 11:16:23 am »
To be fair to Bergkamp, I'm sure he'll concede he'll never score a goal as good as Kane's against Burnley.

;D Bergkamp scored unbelievable goals. His best goals are better than Kane's best so far, but Kane is the better all round striker.

Kane's third against Burnley just epitomised what he is is all about. It's what makes him special compared to most other strikers.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7358 on: December 26, 2017, 11:18:26 am »

You should read the Simon Mignolet thread.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7359 on: December 26, 2017, 11:19:41 am »
Just had a look at Tottenham's fixtures in the new year and my god they have a brutal run starting at the end of January. Man U (H), Liverpool (A), Arsenal (H), Juventus (A), Crystal Palace (A) and Juventus (H). It'd be funny if they got a horrible FA Cup draw to add in there too ;D