Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people  (Read 105279 times)

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
Re: Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
« Reply #640 on: July 30, 2015, 01:34:28 pm »
From a La Reunion newsite:

and Boeing 777 manual:

Offline Istanbul Therapy Group

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll hear our famous noise
« Reply #641 on: July 31, 2015, 10:53:43 am »
Wired Magazine posted this at the time the plane disappeared. It's a startlingly simple and plausible explanation, esepcially in light of subsequent hysteria in the media, and the suppositions stacked upon theories that characterised the subsequent debate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-echochambers-26640114

Doesn't seem likely if you read this.
He never shows mercy, he would put 6 past your sons school team.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #642 on: August 5, 2015, 06:52:23 pm »
Malaysian PM confirms plane debris discovered on Reunion island belongs to missing Malaysia Airlines flight
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #643 on: August 6, 2015, 02:13:05 pm »
Malaysian PM confirms plane debris discovered on Reunion island belongs to missing Malaysia Airlines flight

the French has not confirmed...they are only saying "highly probable"
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #644 on: July 21, 2016, 06:29:09 am »
...engineers from the Dutch group Fugro said on Thursday that they now believe the plane may have glided meaning they have been scouring the wrong patch of ocean for two years.

They are talking about a pilot controlled glide - the "glide" theory is not supported by the investigating parties (Boeing,Thales, the US National Transportation Safety Board, Inmarsat, the UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch and the Australian DSTO).   

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/21/mh370-hunt-team-leading-search-says-they-may-have-been-looking-in-wrong-place   

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #645 on: January 17, 2017, 03:31:05 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/17/asia/mh370-search-suspended/index.html

Search called off for good today.

Add it to the unexplained mysteries list.

I feel for the families who will not get full closure.

RIP
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #646 on: January 17, 2017, 06:01:31 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/17/asia/mh370-search-suspended/index.html

Search called off for good today.

Add it to the unexplained mysteries list.

I feel for the families who will not get full closure.

RIP

At least they have some sort of closure. Two years ago they had no idea where it went or what actually happened, now at least they know that their loved ones died on a plane that plunged into the sea. Why we'll probably never know which is very sad.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: February 6, 2018, 10:33:10 pm »
The latest

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/06/mh370-search-ship-disappears-for-three-days

During that time, Seabed Constructor had searched a “high priority” area that Australian researchers had pinpointed as the plane’s likely resting place. ... Afterwards, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) identified the priority area as the next place to look.

Scientist Richard Cole said on Twitter he believed the ship had spent the three days in an area it had previously searched, in the south-east corner of the search area.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: February 7, 2018, 12:02:56 am »
Interesting, forgot to post in here that a US based company had begun a new search for the wreckage. Pretty sure they’ve agreed they won’t get paid the full fee until they find it as well.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #650 on: June 17, 2019, 02:44:23 pm »
William Langewiesche is the Don of plane crash investigation writers, so you probably should all read his piece on MH370.

What Really Happened to Malaysia’s Missing Airplane
Five years ago, the flight vanished into the Indian Ocean. Officials on land know more about why than they dare to say.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #651 on: June 17, 2019, 04:04:35 pm »
William Langewiesche is the Don of plane crash investigation writers, so you probably should all read his piece on MH370.

Five years ago, the flight vanished into the Indian Ocean. Officials on land know more about why than they dare to say.

Reads like a murder, mystery novel. Very descriptive. Fascinating yet horrific tale that places you in the plane at one point with the depressurizing of the main body of the plane and people just 'going to sleep'. Horrendous. Brilliant piece of journalism. RIP to those who perished.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 04:08:10 pm by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #652 on: June 17, 2019, 04:12:52 pm »
Brilliant piece of journalism.
It really is, had me very nervous reading it.  It looks like realistically there’s really only one possible explanation left.  Thanks for posting.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: June 17, 2019, 04:16:13 pm »
It really is, had me very nervous reading it.  It looks like realistically there’s really only one possible explanation left.  Thanks for posting.

Ditto

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: June 17, 2019, 04:27:01 pm »

Thats really interesting and comes up with a credible explanation to what could have happened.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #655 on: June 17, 2019, 07:14:11 pm »
Wow....

Pretty clear what happened I guess
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: June 17, 2019, 10:23:38 pm »
Horrifying.  :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #657 on: June 17, 2019, 10:32:09 pm »

For balance:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-atlantics-william-langewiesche-dusts-off-discredited-conspiracy-theory-to-accuse-mh370-pilot-of-hijacking
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: June 17, 2019, 11:55:15 pm »
For balance:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-atlantics-william-langewiesche-dusts-off-discredited-conspiracy-theory-to-accuse-mh370-pilot-of-hijacking

Not quite balance is it? Hatchet job on the original article with no alternative put forward. Right up your street that....

Night, night X man. Sweet dreams  :wanker

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: June 18, 2019, 12:33:13 am »
Not quite balance is it? Hatchet job on the original article with no alternative put forward. Right up your street that....

Night, night X man. Sweet dreams  :wanker

Haha. I have no axe to grind either way.  Maybe the pilot did crash the plane. I don't know. But there is no evidence for what actually happened inside the plane or lurid descriptions like this:

"Exner believes the reason for the climb was to accelerate the effects of depressurizing the airplane, causing the rapid incapacitation and death of everyone in the cabin.
The cabin occupants would have become incapacitated within a couple of minutes, lost consciousness, and gently died without any choking or gasping for air.

An intentional depressurization would have been an obvious way—and probably the only way—to subdue a potentially unruly cabin in an airplane that was going to remain in flight for hours to come."

or this:

It is easy to imagine Zaharie toward the end, strapped into an ultra-comfortable seat in the cockpit, inhabiting his cocoon in the glow of familiar instruments, knowing that there could be no return from what he had done, and feeling no need to hurry. He would long since have repressurized the airplane and warmed it to the right degree. There was the hum of the living machine, the beautiful abstractions on the flatscreen displays, the carefully considered backlighting of all the switches and circuit breakers. There was the gentle whoosh of the air rushing by. The cockpit is the deepest, most protective, most private sort of home. Around 7 a.m., the sun rose over the eastern horizon, to the airplane’s left. A few minutes later it lit the ocean far below.

And there's the testimony of the anonymous friend, the 777 captain that is given far too much weight. An airline captain is not an air crash investigator. And he's not a psychologist.

I'm a skeptic and it's not up to me or anyone else to provide an alternative theory. He's provided a theory that has a lot of sound science in it but what he is not doing is saying "What Really Happened".

Anyway. I'm not sure why you're so upset. It's just an article in the Atlantic about an air crash that, without the wreckage and flight recorders can only be speculative.  And speculation is not justification for accusing someone of being a mass murderer in my book.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 12:35:56 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: June 18, 2019, 06:43:44 am »
Haha. I have no axe to grind either way.  Maybe the pilot did crash the plane. I don't know. But there is no evidence for what actually happened inside the plane or lurid descriptions like this:

"Exner believes the reason for the climb was to accelerate the effects of depressurizing the airplane, causing the rapid incapacitation and death of everyone in the cabin.
The cabin occupants would have become incapacitated within a couple of minutes, lost consciousness, and gently died without any choking or gasping for air.

An intentional depressurization would have been an obvious way—and probably the only way—to subdue a potentially unruly cabin in an airplane that was going to remain in flight for hours to come."

or this:

It is easy to imagine Zaharie toward the end, strapped into an ultra-comfortable seat in the cockpit, inhabiting his cocoon in the glow of familiar instruments, knowing that there could be no return from what he had done, and feeling no need to hurry. He would long since have repressurized the airplane and warmed it to the right degree. There was the hum of the living machine, the beautiful abstractions on the flatscreen displays, the carefully considered backlighting of all the switches and circuit breakers. There was the gentle whoosh of the air rushing by. The cockpit is the deepest, most protective, most private sort of home. Around 7 a.m., the sun rose over the eastern horizon, to the airplane’s left. A few minutes later it lit the ocean far below.

And there's the testimony of the anonymous friend, the 777 captain that is given far too much weight. An airline captain is not an air crash investigator. And he's not a psychologist.

I'm a skeptic and it's not up to me or anyone else to provide an alternative theory. He's provided a theory that has a lot of sound science in it but what he is not doing is saying "What Really Happened".

Anyway. I'm not sure why you're so upset. It's just an article in the Atlantic about an air crash that, without the wreckage and flight recorders can only be speculative.  And speculation is not justification for accusing someone of being a mass murderer in my book.

Who's upset? As I said in an earlier post, I was applauding the quality of journalism and a very plausible story well put together. Then you blunder in with some red top shite under the guise of 'balance', when, in truth, you should have labelled it, 'to provoke' which you are renowned for. You're net spreads far and wide, X'y and I suspect you will now infiltrate and bore this thread with your rhetoric on conspiracy theories, blah, blah, blah, You are the AL666 of it without either his good humour or good nature..

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: June 18, 2019, 06:58:58 pm »
Who's upset? As I said in an earlier post, I was applauding the quality of journalism and a very plausible story well put together. Then you blunder in with some red top shite under the guise of 'balance', when, in truth, you should have labelled it, 'to provoke' which you are renowned for. You're net spreads far and wide, X'y and I suspect you will now infiltrate and bore this thread with your rhetoric on conspiracy theories, blah, blah, blah, You are the AL666 of it without either his good humour or good nature..

Sorry, but I don’t like the idea that a man has been tried and convicted of mass murder in a magazine article. Sorry again if due process and basic things like facts bore you. I’d have thought this site if any would be wary of trying people in the court of public opinion.

My news feeds are full of this theory which is now being presented as fact. So no offence mate but stick your ad hominems up your hoop along with the article.

The pilot may have crashed the plane, he may have suffocated all those people but no one knows beyond reasonable doubt. I’ll wait until there’s more conclusive evidence to support the Atlantic article. And if there’s no more information it goes down as unsolved or unproven.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: June 18, 2019, 07:04:47 pm »
Sorry, but I don’t like the idea that a man has been tried and convicted of mass murder in a magazine article. Sorry again if due process and basic things like facts bore you. I’d have thought this site if any would be wary of trying people in the court of public opinion.

My news feeds are full of this theory which is now being presented as fact. So no offence mate but stick your ad hominems up your hoop along with the article.

The pilot may have crashed the plane, he may have suffocated all those people but no one knows beyond reasonable doubt. I’ll wait until there’s more conclusive evidence to support the Atlantic article. And if there’s no more information it goes down as unsolved or unproven.
I understand your point, Alan, but since the pilot is dead, he cannot be tried, libeled or slandered. But you are of course correct: if there is nothing more substantial from an official inquiry, this will go down as unsolved. I can understand why this would be unsatisfactory for the families, but for the rest of us, I fail to see why we need certainty about this. It would be nice to see - if still alive - perpetrators tried for this. But this also presupposes that it was a deliberate act. It seems likely that it was, but I can live with the uncertainty.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #663 on: June 18, 2019, 07:19:50 pm »
I understand your point, Alan, but since the pilot is dead, he cannot be tried, libeled or slandered. But you are of course correct: if there is nothing more substantial from an official inquiry, this will go down as unsolved. I can understand why this would be unsatisfactory for the families, but for the rest of us, I fail to see why we need certainty about this. It would be nice to see - if still alive - perpetrators tried for this. But this also presupposes that it was a deliberate act. It seems likely that it was, but I can live with the uncertainty.

The pilot can’t be tried, libelled or slandered but he has a family and children, and it isn’t fair on them to have their father labelled a mass murderer on no actually evidence.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: June 18, 2019, 07:48:31 pm »
I've now read both articles Paul and I think, with respect, you've been a bit rude to Alan in your last 2 posts.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: June 18, 2019, 08:11:31 pm »
The pilot can’t be tried, libelled or slandered but he has a family and children, and it isn’t fair on them to have their father labelled a mass murderer on no actually evidence.
So, if it was irrefutably determined that the pilot was responsible, it then would be OK for his family to bear some of the burden? I know that is not what you are suggesting, but speculation about the actions of dead man should not reflect upon his family; just in the same as the family of a criminal found guilty in a court of law should not bear any responsibility for his actions. In short, you have not really presented a good argument against speculation about what occurred.

Having said that, if we engage in speculation, we should be clear about it. Some of that article (the one blaming the pilot) strayed away from this and sometimes presented speculation as though it were like fact.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #666 on: June 18, 2019, 08:11:47 pm »
Read the first article not long after the link was put up here, well before Alan posted, but have to agree I came away from reading it thinking the same.

The article pulls together a lot of evidence, but for me it's far from enough to pin it on the pilot in the sort of graphic and dramatic way he does.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: June 18, 2019, 08:14:32 pm »
Read the first article not long after the link was put up here, well before Alan posted, but have to agree I came away from reading it thinking the same.

The article pulls together a lot of evidence, but for me it's far from enough to pin it on the pilot in the sort of graphic and dramatic way he does.
Yeah, it was well written and persuasive. And to be fair to Alan, I probably only thought about it more deeply after he posted the article which argued against the conclusion that the pilot was responsible. Though, I think the second article was also flawed, so I am not much the wiser for reading both of them.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: June 18, 2019, 08:26:42 pm »
I've now read both articles Paul and I think, with respect, you've been a bit rude to Alan in your last 2 posts.

He'll live. He likes to dish it out with impunity...

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: June 18, 2019, 08:39:58 pm »

None taken. As I said, it was obvious you would jump all over this thread.  I give you an inman and hey presto, all the above. Well done.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #670 on: June 18, 2019, 08:48:45 pm »
So, if it was irrefutably determined that the pilot was responsible, it then would be OK for his family to bear some of the burden? I know that is not what you are suggesting, but speculation about the actions of dead man should not reflect upon his family; just in the same as the family of a criminal found guilty in a court of law should not bear any responsibility for his actions. In short, you have not really presented a good argument against speculation about what occurred.

Having said that, if we engage in speculation, we should be clear about it. Some of that article (the one blaming the pilot) strayed away from this and sometimes presented speculation as though it were like fact.

It's not about how his alleged actions might reflect on them or that people would point their finger at them. It's what an accusation like that might do to them. They might start asking themselves, if they have done enough to show him they care about him. Or if they played a part in him taking his own life and the lives of many others. All based on speculation and with very little proof. You should not do that...

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #671 on: June 18, 2019, 08:52:14 pm »
....why flying into the South China sea means you're immune from radar? I always understood that that particular part of the world was highly geopolitically sensitive, so it seems counter-intuitive to imagine that a plane would disappear from view there, especially as you're never more than about 800-1000km from land.

All Oceans and large sea areas have poor radar coverage largely due to radar being mostly line of sight except for some special stuff, so the curvature of the earth largely prevents any normal land based radar from seeing much over the curve.

There are also problems with frequency and scan rate and also precision as distance increases.

The only reliable way you can get coverage is stick a radar on a ship or preferably an aircraft and have it patrol out at sea at altitude to try and see way further, something like an AWACS.

Satellites can vaguely track the position of an aircraft in these areas by triangulating the time it takes for the signal from any transponder on board to be detected, rather like a form of GPS.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: June 18, 2019, 09:13:26 pm »
It's not about how his alleged actions might reflect on them or that people would point their finger at them. It's what an accusation like that might do to them. They might start asking themselves, if they have done enough to show him they care about him. Or if they played a part in him taking his own life and the lives of many others. All based on speculation and with very little proof. You should not do that...
I understand your point. But, we are hardy in conspiracy theory territory here. There are limited plausible explanations given what we do know (pretty-much) for certain. Some speculation is is inevitable. I think it is possible to write about such things responsibly. And although such 'responsible' speculation might hurt the feelings of some people, I think it unrealistic or even plain wrong to expect no comment about such things. And, given the circumstances, much comment will be of the speculative variety. We might equally consider the families of all the others who died in this incident. They will want answers, and given the circumstances, they will consider all possibilities and speculations. I just can't help but feel that too much is being expected of people. I am not particularly interested in what happened with MH370. I accept that a small number will be understandably very interested (family, professional investigators, etc.), and many others will been keenly interested for reasons I cannot really fathom. The worst of them engage in fantastical conspiracy theories, based on nothing but their own delusions and limited ability to reason. Sandy Hook Deniers immediately spring to mind. Now, that is where I am sure we all agree that this has gone way too far.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: June 18, 2019, 09:35:38 pm »
Not wanting to get involved in the growing debate, but I do want to add further comment.

the original article comes with some literary flair to make the "story" believable.  Take that away and the crux of the argument is that the plane was under manual control for most of the period it was incommunicado but untracked.

I've not read the article posted by Alan, so just to quickly ask - is their an alternative explanation for the maneuvers made by the plane?  If they could only be made by a person then it all comes down to who was in control and why would they act as they did?  Intent, motive.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: June 18, 2019, 11:25:24 pm »
Read the article then scrolled down and glad to see most think the same. Was really uncomfortable reading for me, basically pointing the blame of the murder of hundreds of people down to one guy on the basis of a fucking theory, there's no way it was the other guy, no, it was the guy who we've painted to be some manic depressed online stalker and mass shagger of his employees. Don't know how people sleep at night writing something like that while his family are still, I'm sure, devastated. Oh an the 'friend source' who is conveniently anonymous, I have one also, he's an anonymous friend of the writer and tells me he's a massive massive prick.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #675 on: June 19, 2019, 01:05:20 pm »
The suicide theory makes little sense when you consider the plane's manoeuvring - and especially the timing of those manoeuvres - in the couple of hours after take-off.

I still believe that the plane made a landing somewhere (Banda Aceh?) to remove something, before the plane took back off again and flew onwards to its inevitable doom
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: June 19, 2019, 01:41:10 pm »
The suicide theory makes little sense when you consider the plane's manoeuvring - and especially the timing of those manoeuvres - in the couple of hours after take-off.

I still believe that the plane made a landing somewhere (Banda Aceh?) to remove something, before the plane took back off again and flew onwards to its inevitable doom
Is this a joke!?  Seriously - I really cannot decide.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: June 19, 2019, 02:16:14 pm »
We don't know what happened in the cockpit which led to the plane crashing in the Indian Ocean, it's quite simple really. I've followed this story for years (see my earlier posts in the thread) and personally I've only been interested in facts i.e. found wreckage, flight path etc. Nothing has changed in a long time now...

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #678 on: June 19, 2019, 07:19:00 pm »
The thing that blows my mind is that this thread was started before the plane came down based on the knowledge that it flew for several hours after going missing.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #679 on: June 20, 2019, 09:33:12 am »

Remove what?

If it landed to remove something and then flew to crash then the suicide theory you say makes sense really doesn't if there was a plan to remove something from the plane and then crash it to hide that fact????? That wouldn't be suicide.