Author Topic: Daniel Agger  (Read 394690 times)

Offline LoubySoho

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Daniel Agger
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2013, 04:19:02 pm »
Considering people think he's crap in the air he is also more of a threat from corners than the others. I can't believe how many people have written Agger off

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2013, 04:25:13 pm »
Who's written Agger off?
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline mutiman

• Main Stander
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2013, 04:27:09 pm »
Considering people think he's crap in the air he is also more of a threat from corners than the others. I can't believe how many people have written Agger off
Skrtel is more of a threat at corners.

Offline LoubySoho

• Main Stander
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2013, 04:45:52 pm »
The amount for people in threads that say Toure and Sakho should be the back 2 or he should be sold in Jan or that he's not even good enough to play for us.

He is my favourite player and I'm just a little sad that he's not playing :)

Offline Dagger/Molby

• Anny Roader
  • This is anfield - Remember YNWA
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2013, 10:35:15 am »

Yes he is a bigger threat - but i am not worried... Mignolet will save them.... But when we are attacking both touré ansætte Agger are Way better....

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2013, 10:39:23 am »
Yes he is a bigger threat - but i am not worried... Mignolet will save them.... But when we are attacking both touré ansætte Agger are Way better....

None of our players are a threat at corners. Fullstop.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2013, 10:50:23 am »
None of our players are a threat at corners. Fullstop.

Every time I watch us take a corner I die a little inside.

Offline cester-the-red

• Main Stander
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2013, 10:56:36 am »

Every time I watch us take a corner I die a little inside.

Stevie's first corner Saturday didn't even reach the 6 yard box it's very frustrating

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2013, 11:00:45 am »
In my opinion, we're missing Agger greatly. He has a calming influence on the back line, picks the right pass and I dont agree that Skrtel is more dominant in the air than Agger is. Need him back in the centre of that defence. Not saying he should replace Skrtel, but he could replace Toure, and move skrtel to the right side.

did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2013, 11:08:43 am »
Stevie's first corner Saturday didn't even reach the 6 yard box it's very frustrating

We've got more chance one of our goal kicks hitting one of our players than a corner kick.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Stringer123

• Kopite
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2013, 11:11:43 am »
We've got more chance one of our goal kicks hitting one of our players than a corner kick.
We've scored twice from corners this season.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2013, 11:18:13 am »
In my opinion, we're missing Agger greatly. He has a calming influence on the back line, picks the right pass and I dont agree that Skrtel is more dominant in the air than Agger is. Need him back in the centre of that defence. Not saying he should replace Skrtel, but he could replace Toure, and move skrtel to the right side.
agreed we are missing agger. But I think skrtel should be the one to be dropped.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2013, 11:26:16 am »
The reason we miss agger is the creativity (in starting attacks quickly and effectively) he brings from the back, something we're missing at the moment.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2013, 05:00:52 pm »
So it seems the Captain and Vice Captain of Liverpool could be leading their national teams out at Wembley next March. Be a nice warm handshake, if all goes to plan. *crosses fingers*

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2013, 05:32:44 am »
I'd have him ahead of either Skrtel/Sakho any day, don't know what Rodgers is thinking dropping him in all honesty. Why make him vice-captain if you're going to bench him every game ffs.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2013, 05:48:44 am »
He's still our best defender, and will be recognised as such when "Oh! New! Shiny!" wears off.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline adityasharma14

• Kemlynite
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2013, 05:52:45 am »
He's been recovering from his injury outlay.... he'll be back in the side pretty soon, by my reckoning.
I'm just wondering who he will replace: Toure, Sakho or Skrtel? It will depend on which spot suits Agger's abilities (either LCB or sweeper, RCB seems unlikely) and which of the other three is the 'weakest link'.
Skrtel seems like the most likely candidate to me (to be replaced by Agger): he's been good, but he is still the worst passer in our outfield..

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2013, 09:28:22 am »
He's still our best defender, and will be recognised as such when "Oh! New! Shiny!" wears off.

why is that in italics?

there isn't much to choose between toure sakho and agger is there? defensively
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline camred

• Main Stander
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2013, 10:07:30 am »
Skrtel is more of a liability doing his day job though, defending.

This formation was made for someone like Agger. Cool, calm, cultured. He's the ball playing centre half that the others are not and we need him in the side. And sooner rather than later.

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2013, 10:45:32 am »
He's recovering from injury. I don't think New shiny has anything to so with it.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2013, 11:24:14 am »
He played for Denmark while 'recovering.'

Offline adityasharma14

• Kemlynite
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2013, 11:31:29 am »
It would make us aerially weaker. Toure is short (does ok for his size though) and Agger is not as good aerially either.
"Not good aerially" is a tad unfair... but yes, I would rate Skrtel higher in that department

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2013, 11:40:04 am »
Disagree entirely.

I feel that Sakho will, and currently Kolo is - are better defencively in positioning, tracking and the front end bit of tackling.

Looks like he'll be able to show his 'defencive' capabilities come early Jan against Roy and his merry band of monkeys, astronauts, racists, druggies and scousers.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2013, 11:40:04 am »
Skrtel is more of a liability doing his day job though, defending.

This formation was made for someone like Agger. Cool, calm, cultured. He's the ball playing centre half that the others are not and we need him in the side. And sooner rather than later.

Doesn't the formation consist of one of the centre backs passing it ten feet to Gerrard. If the midfield are prepared to push up into midfield and to show for the ball then Agger's ability to bring the ball out is invaluable. However if our midfield two are going to drop in and take the ball of the central defenders toes then it doesn't really matter how good on the ball the centre backs are.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2013, 11:46:05 am »
Disagree entirely.

I feel that Sakho will, and currently Kolo is - are better defencively in positioning, tracking and the front end bit of tackling.
Agree.  It's because of what constitutes good defending in this league.  Agger is actually terrible in the air.  I'd go that far.  His reading of the game is superb though.  In the big European games he's generally been very good because it's tactical.  But he's looked entirely out of place at times at set pieces or when he's faced a high ball or a Lukaku type down the channels.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2013, 11:54:02 am »
Agree.  It's because of what constitutes good defending in this league.  Agger is actually terrible in the air.  I'd go that far.  His reading of the game is superb though.  In the big European games he's generally been very good because it's tactical.  But he's looked entirely out of place at times at set pieces or when he's faced a high ball or a Lukaku type down the channels.
I can see what you're saying Hank.

Problem I find on RAWK, certainly with some of our dour types(you know who you are), that questioning Agger's ability - is an affront to him, his family, his nan and his pet hamster.

He is good, thats not what many people are saying, more that he has an area of his game that he has to improve on.

I said the same last week - players weak areas are what the manager and more importantly the players themselves - must be if anything - be over critical on.

Its how players develop. Its whats training is for.

Having said that, you're a c*nt for having a go at Agger, Hank - shame on you.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2013, 11:58:56 am »
Agger is a quality defender. Anyone who says otherwise is silly. I don't think there is a single centre-back on the planet who doesn't have a weakness. Vidic but he does often get exposed by pace. Pique is also exposed by pace sometimes but is great at reading the ball and distributing the ball Hummels is a great all round defender but isn't the greatest on the ball.

My point is that Agger is great at reading the game, interceptions, dealing with pacey strikers while having some issues with big strikers in the air.  That doesn't stop him being a great defender. As is shown, we're still conceding aerial goals without him anyway.

There's nothing wrong with having a group of quality centre-backs who bring something different. Sakho is a great aggressive defender who reads the game really well, wins nearly everything in the air and his passing is quality. One weakness I've seen in the pass that he can be caught out of position on the odd occasion. However, I do think he is the future leader of our defence once he gets settled. Toure is the experienced guy with good pace, a great defensive brain, a great organiser and a great tackle. However, I don't think he's the greatest in the air either. (ala the 2nd Newcastle goal) Skrtel is a great fighter, fantastic in the tackle and often is there to make those last ditch tackles when needed. However, he's not a great distributer of the ball and isn't really capable of playing in a defence with a high line.

That is an extremely great selection of centre-backs to choose from. Whether you can keep all four happy is another story BUT for now, why not enjoy what we have and the depth we have in defence as I would be surprised if we have all four come the end of the january.

Offline Dagger/Molby

• Anny Roader
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2013, 02:47:31 pm »
I'd have him ahead of either Skrtel/Sakho any day, don't know what Rodgers is thinking dropping him in all honesty. Why make him vice-captain if you're going to bench him every game ffs.

It was to make sure he would stay - and not hand in a transferrequest. The Vc titel showed Agger that BR counts on him... According to his agent and Danish media Barca made a bid on 14 mill £. Thats normal Barca tactics - they show the player they want him - he makes the request and Barca gets their target much cheaper than they normalt would... Thats how they got sanchis, villa, Alba and song... I Think Br and LFC was Aware of this and then took action an it and made him VC... It was him or Lucas - and i Think the Barca interest settled that one!!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2013, 02:50:22 pm »
It was to make sure he would stay - and not hand in a transferrequest. The Vc titel showed Agger that BR counts on him... According to his agent and Danish media Barca made a bid on 14 mill £. Thats normal Barca tactics - they show the player they want him - he makes the request and Barca gets their target much cheaper than they normalt would... Thats how they got sanchis, villa, Alba and song... I Think Br and LFC was Aware of this and then took action an it and made him VC... It was him or Lucas - and i Think the Barca interest settled that one!!

If we were that desperate for him to stay, why is he out the team?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline LoubySoho

• Main Stander
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2013, 02:54:03 pm »
Because he was injured and we've been winning.

Offline Dagger/Molby

• Anny Roader
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2013, 03:04:04 pm »
If we were that desperate for him to stay, why is he out the team?

If we had received a bid like the confimed one from Man C last summer on 22 mill£ He would and should have been sold in this window - but because it was Barca with their tactics i Think we made the move with the vice captain...

Offline petecolonia

• Anny Roader
  • Left of the Sinking Ship
    • Northern Independence Party
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2013, 03:09:05 pm »
On corners, I think we can all agree that the main thing is Stevie just not, ever, taking them! All of our central defenders are boss, I don't know why it's being discussed so negatively at times!
Bunch of centrist wetwipes - Watching Britain sink into obscurity.

Keir Starmer will tank hard. Alan X says I'm a bore, but at least I don't mod forums. That's just sad.

Offline adityasharma14

• Kemlynite
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2013, 09:54:38 pm »
On corners, I think we can all agree that the main thing is Stevie just not, ever, taking them! All of our central defenders are boss, I don't know why it's being discussed so negatively at times!
Well when you have to pick out a maximum of 3 out of 4 possible 'boss' defenders, you have to nit-pick to arrive at which one should be benched.
No two ways about it, this is a great problem to have

Offline dr.dracco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2013, 02:52:35 am »
I agree that Agger is possibly our best CB on paper and on his day....But i can remember last "his day" somewhere in 2007.

07/08 he was warming the bench behind Skrtel/Carra

08/09 he was warming bench behind Skrtel/Carra...bar injuries

09/10 he was carried y Carra

10/11 he was bwhind Soto in Roys packong order and then behind Skrtel/Carra

11/12 he had solid season, but Skrtel ha d season of his life so Danny was carried by

12/13 his worst season, directly culpable for 12 goals between december and March...but Brendan stood by him even if hr was in worst shape I  can remember him

13/14....two clean shhets with Kolo, but Kolo was saving his ass throughout the two games + Mignolet

ten outperformed by Skrtel who started after six months (credit to Danny he did not make howler against the mancs)

....Then fucked up the Soton goal....

....And about jis offensive qualities...he had 1 goal assist in last 3 seasons...and his last last "trademark" shot was against Blackburn in april 2009....

So open your eyes fuckers

Offline EFoley1991

• Kopite
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2013, 02:55:12 am »
I agree that Agger is possibly our best CB on paper and on his day....But i can remember last "his day" somewhere in 2007.

11/12 he had solid season, but Skrtel ha d season of his life so Danny was carried by

12/13 his worst season, directly culpable for 12 goals between december and March...but Brendan stood by him even if hr was in worst shape I  can remember him

13/14....two clean shhets with Kolo, but Kolo was saving his ass throughout the two games + Mignolet

ten outperformed by Skrtel who started after six months (credit to Danny he did not make howler against the mancs)

....And about jis offensive qualities...he had 1 goal assist in last 3 seasons...and his last last "trademark" shot was against Blackburn in april 2009....

:wave

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2013, 03:05:36 am »
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2013, 11:59:54 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iYGER-FXZ-I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iYGER-FXZ-I</a>

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2013, 12:37:37 pm »

Its a bit ironic that in the Skrtel thread you go on and on and on about him supposedly being a victim of some kind of smear campaign on this forum when you seem to slaughter Agger in every post you make.  I understand Skrtel is a kind of national hero to you and I do think he's a good player but you really don't need to constantly criticise one of our players in order to push the cause of another.  I don't agree with any of the points you make here in any case but even if I did consider them fair, you're too obvious agenda really doesn't help your cause in trying to convince people that Skrtel is a better player than Agger. 

Offline Mykez

• Main Stander
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2013, 12:49:55 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iYGER-FXZ-I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iYGER-FXZ-I</a>

I love me some Dagger.

Offline nvssudheer

• Main Stander
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2013, 07:50:49 pm »
As long as this formation works and the 3 center halfs are fit, very difficult for him to make his way into the team. Must be really frustrating for him after being named Vice Captain.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 07:55:01 pm by nvssudheer »
Exciting times. See you at 'Title o'klopp'