Author Topic: Better Call Saul  (Read 185587 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #1000 on: June 20, 2017, 03:16:02 pm »
Spoiler
Howard paying Chuck out of his own pocket to fuck off... While I still sort of struggle to understand how he could be rich enough to do so, yet the firm would be bankrupted were it to follow the same course of action, the emotional impact on Chuck was gargantuan. As much as it might seem that it was Jimmy coming by the house that tipped Chuck back over the edge, I think the realization that things had gotten so out of whack that one of his closest, if not his closest, friends saw fit to pay for him to leave out of his own pocket was ultimately what sent Chuck off on his downward electrical spiral.

I freely admit to being one of the dislike-Chuck brigade, but there are, or probably were, tangible depths and complexities to his character that make standing in judgement of him a complicated prospect.

Howard handing him the personal check, then asking for "...just one more thing," leading the applause with a cheesy, forced grin on his face then stalking away before Chuck's ovation was finished, simply superb television, with nary a car chase or gun shot to be found.

Although, Nacho and Gus might well be able to provide those at a later date. So much quality acting without a word being spoken between those two. Only Mike glowering in the background was missing... :wave
[close]
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1001 on: June 20, 2017, 04:09:05 pm »
A bit of a low key season ending episode,but i guess it sets up nicely for the next season.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1002 on: June 21, 2017, 12:20:28 am »
Spoiler
Howard paying Chuck out of his own pocket to fuck off... While I still sort of struggle to understand how he could be rich enough to do so, yet the firm would be bankrupted were it to follow the same course of action, the emotional impact on Chuck was gargantuan. As much as it might seem that it was Jimmy coming by the house that tipped Chuck back over the edge, I think the realization that things had gotten so out of whack that one of his closest, if not his closest, friends saw fit to pay for him to leave out of his own pocket was ultimately what sent Chuck off on his downward electrical spiral.

I freely admit to being one of the dislike-Chuck brigade, but there are, or probably were, tangible depths and complexities to his character that make standing in judgement of him a complicated prospect.

Howard handing him the personal check, then asking for "...just one more thing," leading the applause with a cheesy, forced grin on his face then stalking away before Chuck's ovation was finished, simply superb television, with nary a car chase or gun shot to be found.

Although, Nacho and Gus might well be able to provide those at a later date. So much quality acting without a word being spoken between those two. Only Mike glowering in the background was missing... :wave
[close]

I think the thing that tipped Chuck over the edge was that his rant about Jimmy always hurting the closest to him wasn't about Jimmy at all, it was about Chuck himself. We know his wife left him. And we know his biggest desire if he got healthy again was to host a party with all of his colleagues. That meant everything to him, and seeing Howard willing to pay him out of his own pocket destroyed Chuck imo. No wife, no friends, and no family after the fall out with Jimmy. He drove everyone away

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: June 21, 2017, 12:33:06 am »
Not the best season finale I ever watched :(

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1004 on: June 21, 2017, 01:21:01 am »
Bonus scene from the episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwvJ-77O_uk
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1005 on: June 21, 2017, 09:30:43 am »
Ah what a finale. Think it's the season I have enjoyed the most so far.

Spoiler
We had both brothers burdened with their guilt, of course Chuck's was greater and contributed to that tough finale. Wonderful dialogue between Jimmy and Chuck and great acting from McKean.

Wondered if Jimmy ever understood the part he played in Kim's deteriorating state.  They showed he did unless it was just empty words from him to make her feel better but I wouldn't think so.

Will miss series' nuance and quality all around and I really hope* they come back for another one at least.

*Show's been suffering from very low ratings.
[close]
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: June 21, 2017, 09:34:22 am »
Bonus scene from the episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwvJ-77O_uk

Think you posted the wrong link MK. Here is the bonus scene.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5RQpVA6gMh0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5RQpVA6gMh0</a>

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1007 on: June 22, 2017, 11:04:51 am »
Was expecting more twists from the finale, but

Spoiler
wrapped up some of the storylines well. Leaving the law firm the way he did really must have impacted him mentally

His relationship with Jimmy was complicated. Jealous of the attention he got, bitter even and was overly cruel towards him at times.....not least with their last exchange. But was an element of truth in what he said to Jimmy and I'm guessing that will impact him in his transition to being SAUL

Jimmy did do right by the old lady.....good on him for that atleast.

The acting in the show is superb, and the way the tension is built. The scene with Gus and Nacho was interesting, Gus knows he did something with the meds by that look he gave him and I guess we'll find out more....

On the whole I loved the season. The way the story is told I like it better but the concept can't compete with BrBa
[close]
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1008 on: June 22, 2017, 01:03:54 pm »
Spoiler
Whole season was too slow for me. Good acting, great characters but found my mind wandering at parts due to lack of progression. It was almost like a season of filler.
[close]

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: June 23, 2017, 12:07:54 am »
Spoiler
Whole season was too slow for me. Good acting, great characters but found my mind wandering at parts due to lack of progression. It was almost like a season of filler.
[close]

The characters progressed pretty significantly.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #1010 on: June 25, 2017, 11:41:12 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
Yeah, pretty much.
Spoiler
Jimmy / Saul progressed as a character but the whole season felt slow like it was brewing up to something, which slightly materialised in the court case but that last episode felt incredibly slow.
[close]
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: June 26, 2017, 09:14:04 am »
The characters progressed pretty significantly.

I'd say that the characters progressed but then most ended up reverting to how they were at the beginning of the series.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: June 26, 2017, 11:24:19 am »
The ratings haven't been good? I think bar 1 episode it's been excellent on the whole this season.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1013 on: June 27, 2017, 10:28:09 am »
The ratings haven't been good? I think bar 1 episode it's been excellent on the whole this season.

Yes but when those 2 have been mutually related?
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: June 27, 2017, 11:06:27 am »
Yes but when those 2 have been mutually related?
True. I do feel like the show under sells its self in terms of advertising.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #1015 on: June 27, 2017, 07:23:47 pm »
"It's all good, man."

‘Better Call Saul’ Has Been Renewed For A Fourth Season.

And I've still not seen any of it. ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1016 on: June 27, 2017, 08:11:51 pm »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1017 on: June 27, 2017, 08:26:10 pm »
Great news, and apparently the ratings aren't that bad, comparatively.

"Season three of the drama averaged 3.7 million total viewers, including 1.9 million among adults 25-54 and 1.7 million adults in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic, when factoring in three days of delayed viewing. That's good enough to become the third-highest rated drama on cable among adults 25-54, trailing only AMC's The Walking Dead and prequel Fear the Walking Dead."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/better-call-saul-renewed-fourth-season-at-amc-1017090

Offline Trabolgan

• Anny Roader
  • "For The Honour"
« Reply #1018 on: July 23, 2017, 08:06:44 am »
Regarding the MacAllan 35 year old whisky. Whiskey is not datedfrom the year it was bottled they are usually dated from the year of going into a barrel for aging. A MacAllan 35 year old whisky would have been placed in a barrel in  1931 and aged for 35 years till bottled in 1966.
For The Honour

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: August 13, 2017, 11:43:28 pm »
Nearly at the end of Series 1, really enjoying it

Squat cobbler, Boston cream splat, simple Simon the assman, Dutch apple ass.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:20:19 pm by CrasherKid79 »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: September 16, 2017, 02:30:04 am »
much though i enjoyed saul as a one-dimensional cartoony comic relief figure, the character never really struck me as having anything about him worthy a spin-off. happy to be proved wrong though.

Finally, you're happy ;D

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #1021 on: September 26, 2017, 08:14:37 am »
When does season 4 start? i love this series

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: September 26, 2017, 09:42:39 am »
Finally, you're happy ;D

Let sleeping dogs lie FFS!!

:)

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: April 3, 2018, 08:40:48 pm »
Watched it all back to back in the last week

Loved it and glad we revisited it after breaking bad

Now to read the thread and pick up on the bits I missed

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1024 on: April 4, 2018, 10:16:57 am »
Season 4 must be on the horizon now?

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: April 4, 2018, 10:33:07 am »
Season 4 must be on the horizon now?
delayed until autumn apparently.
cyas

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1026 on: April 4, 2018, 10:34:40 am »

ah bugger

cheers mate

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1027 on: April 4, 2018, 11:51:42 am »
The wait between seasons is annoying.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1028 on: July 23, 2018, 03:58:12 pm »
New season 4 trailer - starts August 6th. Looks really good.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/a4qFXlqrO-0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/a4qFXlqrO-0</a>
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: July 23, 2018, 04:49:07 pm »
I have still only watched about half of the 1st season which is pretty amazing considering that I love the character.

It is one of the shows that I am always about to start but just never get around to it,there are a few that I have in my 'when ill' pile but I rarely get ill (touch wood).
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline JayNY

• DoeY
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1030 on: July 23, 2018, 08:57:45 pm »
New season 4 trailer - starts August 6th. Looks really good.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/a4qFXlqrO-0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/a4qFXlqrO-0</a>

Saul's going to work for Uncle Jack?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1031 on: July 23, 2018, 11:47:24 pm »
Was sceptical of this although I loved Breaking Bad. But watched all 3 seasons in a fortnight.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: July 23, 2018, 11:59:53 pm »
Personally I love it. Gilligan and Gould have nailed the prequel, which is probably a first.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #1033 on: July 24, 2018, 12:04:12 am »
When does  the season start in the UK? I reckon this will be the best of them all and I am looking forwards to it already. Slippin Jimmy.

Offline mgs88

• Main Stander
« Reply #1034 on: July 26, 2018, 08:27:52 am »
When does  the season start in the UK? I reckon this will be the best of them all and I am looking forwards to it already. Slippin Jimmy.
I think it's usually up on the UK netflix the day after it airs in america. So the 7th of August I would imagine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1035 on: July 26, 2018, 09:50:24 am »
Great news.  Looking forward to a bit of Jimmy and Mike :)

Wonder what became of Chuck?

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1036 on: July 26, 2018, 11:57:09 am »

Wonder what became of Chuck?

The funeral service ten seconds into that trailer gives it away a bit. 
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1037 on: July 26, 2018, 12:11:11 pm »
The funeral service ten seconds into that trailer gives it away a bit. 

I was curious if he were to be buried or cremated.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1038 on: July 26, 2018, 02:00:50 pm »
I was curious if he were to be buried or cremated.

Cremated. And then cremated.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1039 on: July 26, 2018, 03:52:00 pm »
Cremated. And then cremated.

:)

In all seriousness I obviously missed the funeral scene at the start of that trailer

Hopefully losing the dynamic/conflict between Jimmy and Chuck won't be too big a miss.