Author Topic: Oussama Assaidi..  (Read 78861 times)

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
Re: Oussama Assaidi..
« Reply #440 on: May 4, 2014, 08:42:12 pm »
Lol apparently Dan Burn asked Assaidi to switch wings, poor lad was hung out to dry at right back
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: May 5, 2014, 10:04:36 am »

"Oussama Assaidi 'very happy at Stoke' as he waits for Liverpool verdict"

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-Oussama-Assaidi-happy-Stoke-waits/story-21057646-detail/story.html?
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #442 on: May 9, 2014, 02:30:13 pm »
Keep him or sell him anywhere but Stoke. Fuck them, what a horrible lot.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #443 on: May 9, 2014, 02:31:17 pm »

??? Since when do we not sell to Stoke? I'd sell him if only because he's never going to play here and he's not good enough for what we want to achieve.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #444 on: May 9, 2014, 02:33:50 pm »

How can you say that about the club they actually gave us money for Adam?
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: May 9, 2014, 02:36:15 pm »
How good a season has he had at Stoke? I read 4 goals in 19 PL appearances. Has he been a regular?

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: May 9, 2014, 02:40:49 pm »
How good a season has he had at Stoke? I read 4 goals in 19 PL appearances. Has he been a regular?

He's scored some important goals for them and proved a threat when he's been on, but at the same time, he's not really been a regular:

http://www.espnfc.com/player/_/id/140799/oussama-assaidi?cc=5739
YNWA.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: May 9, 2014, 03:29:51 pm »
Sense I get from reading several Stoke end of season pieces is they love Ossie and hope Hughes signs him permanently
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: May 9, 2014, 05:54:21 pm »

From what i've seen he's a decent mid table player who can get a goal. Probably at his level, think he got a couple injuries though.

Would imagine we'd recoup what we got for him £2-3m
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #449 on: May 9, 2014, 06:02:03 pm »
Sounds like he is one of their better players when he's been fit. Could be a good move for him - wish him well, either way.

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: May 9, 2014, 06:05:15 pm »
I wouldn't sell him for less than 6 million.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Online Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: May 9, 2014, 06:05:59 pm »
Been having a look on the stoke forums just to see what the general feeling is about assaidi, he is very very well thought of and most of the fans seem to think if they can get him for around £5mil they should snap him up, personally I think that would be a good deal for both clubs.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: May 9, 2014, 06:22:39 pm »
If we can get a bit of a bidding war going between the mid-table clubs, I think we could rake up to around £6 million.

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: May 10, 2014, 08:46:46 am »

Mate, they are no longer Tony Pulis' Stoke. Assaidi has been solid for them this season, and they will be willing to pay, so we would easily recoup the £3 million that we have paid for him.
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: May 10, 2014, 09:40:52 am »
jarvis went for 10M..

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: May 10, 2014, 09:53:22 am »
jarvis went for 10M..
Indeed. I think we should be looking for 5m for him. We want the likes of Stoke/West Brom/Sunderland/Newcastle to get interested in him to get a bit of competition going.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #456 on: May 10, 2014, 09:58:41 am »
jarvis went for 10M..

He did, but Jarvis was Norwich best player.

Witt situations like this you have to consider where he'd fit in back at Liverpool. And he wouldn't, would he? It's all very well Hughes saying we hold all the cards but he's a decent player on good wages who won't play here if no-one signs him.

I'd be thrilled with £5 million but at a guess I think we'd be happy to recoup whatever we paid.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: May 10, 2014, 09:58:46 am »
Think we are undervaluing him. Worse players than him will go for a lot more than 5. I have a feeling they have been using him sparingly to keep the price down.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: May 10, 2014, 10:04:49 am »
We can't sell everyone. Assaidi has shown he can cut in the Premier League so unless we get a fee that makes it worthwhile we might as well keep him.

We have 4 competitions to go at next season and will need to use a much bigger pool of players. This year, had he been here he would have been ahead of Moses and would directly replace him in the squad. Obviously if we sign Lallana and Konoplyanka then his options may be limited but we should not be giving him away.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #459 on: May 10, 2014, 12:19:09 pm »
We can't sell everyone.

i think we're getting close to the point that we can.  after chelsea we seem to have a lot of players on loan that could bring in a bit of cash.

do we have a better youth player at the club than assiadi?  well we will have to see but our reserves are better every season.

we can also do better than assiadi as a squad player particularly being back in champions league next season.

brendan worked wonders clearing the stables last season i expect that to continue this summer.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: May 10, 2014, 12:57:41 pm »
Mate, they are no longer Tony Pulis' Stoke. Assaidi has been solid for them this season, and they will be willing to pay, so we would easily recoup the £3 million that we have paid for him.

To be fair, their fans are still a load of horrible inbred c*nts.

No issue selling to them though
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #461 on: May 10, 2014, 12:58:56 pm »
Think we are undervaluing him. Worse players than him will go for a lot more than 5. I have a feeling they have been using him sparingly to keep the price down.
We always do it.

Other teams sell rubbish for millions, and we offload solid players for buttons.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: May 10, 2014, 01:00:05 pm »
We always do it.

Other teams sell rubbish for millions, and we offload solid players for buttons.

We got over £20m on Carroll and Downing, think we're getting better at selling

Offline Nottsred

• Main Stander
« Reply #463 on: May 10, 2014, 01:21:12 pm »
He did, but Jarvis was Norwich best player.

Witt situations like this you have to consider where he'd fit in back at Liverpool. And he wouldn't, would he? It's all very well Hughes saying we hold all the cards but he's a decent player on good wages who won't play here if no-one signs him.

I'd be thrilled with £5 million but at a guess I think we'd be happy to recoup whatever we paid.
was Jarvis not from wolves?

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #464 on: May 10, 2014, 02:13:24 pm »
jarvis went for 10M..
Lol didn't know that.

Jarvis cost  £1.5m more than Coutinho, how ridiculous is that?!  ;D

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #465 on: May 10, 2014, 02:14:31 pm »
We always do it.

Shelvey for £6m was it? Thought he should have gone for closer to £10m at least given his age and quality. Probably a case of where Brendan accepted slightly less money to keep the player happy and send him to a good club that otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford him.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #466 on: May 11, 2014, 01:51:42 am »
Shelvey for £6m was it? Thought he should have gone for closer to £10m at least given his age and quality. Probably a case of where Brendan accepted slightly less money to keep the player happy and send him to a good club that otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford him.

Yep - I think it's far too easy to forget that these players are people and have relationships with other people at our club. Say what you will about the need to be ruthless but personal things will always factor into these dealings in a way that most outside of the club won't realise.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #467 on: May 14, 2014, 02:08:58 am »
I've just been internet-scouting Assaidi and have to say I'm in a little bit of a conundrum when it comes to him.

He's obviously got a bag of tricks (which is why we bought him in the first place) and has had some really good performances this season for Stoke, such as against Chelsea (fast forward to 10:00 for the best bit!) and Fulham where he scored and was MOTM, showing that there's clearly a good player in there somewhere.

He might have been a budget signing as a player that Brendan had been watching during his time at Swansea, but I think that if we retained him next season he could improve while playing with better players in training on a daily basis. Btw, I think Assaidi's got a very similar Cruyff-turn as Lallana does, hopefully he can improve his offensive efficiency and decision making though.

I think Brendan may have loaned him out primarily to get game-time just like with Borini instead of for the intention of selling him afterwards. I think Borini and Assaidi might be competing for the same place in the squad though next season, and I think Borini wins that race. However, it might yet be a good idea to keep Assaidi in the squad as a backup instead of holding on to Ibe for instance, since Ibe arguably has the higher upside and could use a loan more than Assaidi given that Assaidi is already 25.

Many have been calling for him to be sold for £3-5m, but I think there just might be more value in him if we wait a year - either if we keep him with us for cup games or if we loan him out again.

Whatever happens it'll certainly be intriguing to follow what will happen with a few of our "fringe" players, along with those returning from loans.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: May 14, 2014, 03:01:10 am »
For me the only way he possibly stays and features next season is if we have a really shit transfer window. Anything else would make absolutely no sense since Rodgers never played him when we had a shit squad and 7th in the league.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: December 12, 2017, 07:05:25 pm »
Had totally forgot about Oussama Assaidi until I just noticed he has scored a brace for FC Twente in the Dutch top flight (game still going on so he might get a hatty yet)

Never quite hit the heights expected of him wherever he has been and always thought he tried just that little bit too hard the odd occasion he got a game for us.  There was a player in there somewhere though I feel.

Anyhow, nice to see the lad still playing and scoring in one of the top European leagues

MODS please move to the Liverpool Former players board if necessary. Cheers.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: December 12, 2017, 07:15:08 pm »
Had totally forgot about Oussama Assaidi until I just noticed he has scored a brace for FC Twente in the Dutch top flight (game still going on so he might get a hatty yet)

Never quite hit the heights expected of him wherever he has been and always thought he tried just that little bit too hard the odd occasion he got a game for us.  There was a player in there somewhere though I feel.

Anyhow, nice to see the lad still playing and scoring in one of the top European leagues

MODS please move to the Liverpool Former players board if necessary. Cheers.

He was skillful and quick, a bit slight though. Definitely didn't get a realistic chance here - but that's how it goes. Often.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 01:22:32 am by newterp »

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #471 on: December 13, 2017, 12:26:56 am »
When I saw this in the msain forum I thought for a second that we hadn’t sold him and he was still on the books like Markovic :)
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: December 13, 2017, 09:14:42 am »
Bought for £3.6m. Didn't tear up any trees. Sold for £5.4m. Not a bad but of business in the end.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #473 on: December 13, 2017, 12:50:00 pm »
Was this his best game for us? He looked brilliant that day.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/--Pf2wDu7nc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/--Pf2wDu7nc</a>

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: December 13, 2017, 01:05:28 pm »
What a player this kid is turning into. Mental we let him go.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Triad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #475 on: December 13, 2017, 04:44:35 pm »
His signing has actually got to be up there in terms of hilarity.Rodgers didn't even know him and a 3m player ended up derailing our whole transfer window.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: December 13, 2017, 07:19:00 pm »
What a player this kid is turning into. Mental we let him go.

20 games and 5 goals in shit leagues in the last two years for a 29 year old. Yep I'm sure we're deeply regretting this.

He's no Suso and I'm not even arsed about Suso anyway.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #477 on: December 13, 2017, 07:27:33 pm »
Was this his best game for us? He looked brilliant that day.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/--Pf2wDu7nc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/--Pf2wDu7nc</a>

That goal at the end. Suso to Assaidi to Sahin. Noone will remember that passing move.

Thought they were all decent players to be honest.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: December 13, 2017, 07:35:34 pm »
Such an old school running style. Best player in the world if he hit his prime in 1952.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #479 on: December 13, 2017, 07:39:40 pm »
Such an old school running style. Best player in the world if he hit his prime in 1952.
Puskás says no