Author Topic: Tom Ince  (Read 30994 times)

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Tom Ince
« Reply #80 on: October 1, 2012, 09:54:11 am »
Even if it wasn't 50k a week, the people representing him were probably asking for too much money. Not fussed at all.

We have Sterling and Suso.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #81 on: October 1, 2012, 10:15:29 am »
Not that bothered but cooliehigh is right in his assessment of his playing abilities.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 1, 2012, 11:44:35 am »
So he asked for 50k a week and then went to a club known for paying low wages?

I thought he wanted assurances he'd get opportunities in the first team and when he didn't get them decided it was best to move on?

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 1, 2012, 12:28:25 pm »
Meh we've got better players coming through

Offline tax_man

• Kopite
« Reply #84 on: October 1, 2012, 12:46:33 pm »
So he asked for 50k a week and then went to a club known for paying low wages?

Exactly, the £50k a week rumour is some of the biggest pile of nonsense I've read on here. Blackpool not only paid by far the lowest wages when in the Premier League, they also pay one of the lowest in the Championship. As far as I'm aware only Charlie Adam was on more than £12k a week at Blackpool.

By going to Blackpool it proves that Tom Ince wanted one thing - first team football. He got it, excelled and is attracting interest. Too bad for him he was behind better players at Liverpool. Still gonna have a good career mind.

Offline tdogssc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #85 on: October 2, 2012, 04:04:38 pm »
Exactly, the £50k a week rumour is some of the biggest pile of nonsense I've read on here. Blackpool not only paid by far the lowest wages when in the Premier League, they also pay one of the lowest in the Championship. As far as I'm aware only Charlie Adam was on more than £12k a week at Blackpool.

By going to Blackpool it proves that Tom Ince wanted one thing - first team football. He got it, excelled and is attracting interest. Too bad for him he was behind better players at Liverpool. Still gonna have a good career mind.

well put sir. He may not be the twit everyone paints him out to be.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 2, 2012, 04:21:08 pm »

It's a bit different though, it's easy for a player to ask Liverpool for 50k a week than Blackpool. Especially when Liverpool have been mugs for 3 years in the transfer market and been handing out stupid ass wages.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 2, 2012, 06:01:40 pm »
It's a bit different though, it's easy for a player to ask Liverpool for 50k a week than Blackpool. Especially when Liverpool have been mugs for 3 years in the transfer market and been handing out stupid ass wages.

I'm pretty sure we would of been prepared to pay similar amounts to what he is on now at Blackpool.

We made a mistake, we stop making excuses, deal with it and move on.

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: October 2, 2012, 06:03:56 pm »
Adam Hammill mark 2.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 2, 2012, 06:53:55 pm »
I'm pretty sure we would of been prepared to pay similar amounts to what he is on now at Blackpool.

we did not make any mistake.

he wouldn't have got game time to develop here.sterling was ahead of him.why waste money increasing his wages for nothing.

The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #90 on: October 2, 2012, 07:21:35 pm »

We might have made a mistake. Or we might not. Unless you re-run life (which is impossible without a time machine) it's all just a matter of opinion.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 3, 2012, 12:41:22 am »

I'm pretty sure what we offered him wouldn't have been any worse than what he's on at Blackpool.
(Based on Blackpool's wage structure, and what I've heard about what Ince was offered and what other young players at the club are on).

But I don't think it was as simple as that. I think Ince wanted two things - money and playing time.
Liverpool were unwilling to offer those in a combination that was to Ince's liking.

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 3, 2012, 01:55:12 am »
When he's playing regularly for Madrid we can say we made a mistake. Best of luck to the lad!
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 3, 2012, 02:58:44 am »
I find the idea that Ferguson making a bid for him quite amusing. Blackpool are tough negotiators, it took us ages to struck a deal with Adam who was on his last year of his contract, now imagine them dealing with United, knowing how healthy United are add this to the fact that Ince is quite highly rated there, is quite young and has few years remaining on his contract and I can see them demanding the same fee they wanted for Adam.

It is also quite surprising he'd leave for Manchester United as he wanted to be guaranteed first team football here and that is the reason he left and I can't see him playing the same number of minutes at Man United as he does for Blackpool, plus how many wingers does Fergie needs anyway?

Can see him go to a midtable club next season like Villa, Fulham, West Brom, etc. if Blackpool don't get promoted.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 3, 2012, 01:10:23 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 3, 2012, 02:01:09 pm »

I swear I read somewhere on here we actually offered him more than he's on at Blackpool but he wanted guarantees over playing time we weren't prepared to give. No idea if that is true or not. Good move for him if it was true.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #96 on: October 3, 2012, 02:11:17 pm »
Don't mind what he does. It isn't as if we traded him and 3.5million for a really bad left back. He wanted to go further his career elsewhere, and he has. Fair play to him.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 3, 2012, 02:41:00 pm »

We offered more, he wanted to leave.

Online GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #98 on: October 3, 2012, 03:01:34 pm »

there is nothing about who made a bad decision....his dad makes his decisions, so if he said he'll leave, he'll leave.  I dont think Paul will want to deal with Ferguson again, he'll probably fire that gun this time
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2013, 07:24:32 pm »
Cardiff have had an £8m bid accepted.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2013, 07:26:48 pm »
don't want no man united fan playing for  us .  he's not the player we are looking for, you can go about your business, move along
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2013, 07:34:54 pm »
don't want no man united fan playing for  us .  he's not the player we are looking for, you can go about your business, move along

Since when has he been a United fan, or you just saying that cause he said his footballing idol growing up was Giggs?

Pheeny

« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2013, 07:43:56 pm »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/raheem-sterling-interview-the-liverpool-starlet-1528167?

"Sterling, who followed Manchester United when he first moved to England, added: “I need to keep that quiet!"

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2013, 07:46:42 pm »
Since when has he been a United fan, or you just saying that cause he said his footballing idol growing up was Giggs?
he is a united fan lad, spoke to him in 2010 and he told me , do your homework and you'll find im right,
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2013, 07:49:56 pm »
yer that rules out hansen an  whelan to name 2, why the hell did we have them mancs playing for us!
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2013, 08:00:30 pm »

Which gives us £2m to add to the pot.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2013, 08:00:44 pm »
he is a united fan lad, spoke to him in 2010 and he told me , do your homework and you'll find im right,

Who gives a fuck?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2013, 08:07:11 pm »

Silly comment.

His dad played for Utd for a long time.

Who gives a fuck who players support when growing up?

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2013, 08:25:56 pm »

Paul not sure he will leave.

Don't think I would to Cardiff either.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2013, 09:20:06 pm »
Paul not sure he will leave.

Don't think I would to Cardiff either.

Blackpool isn't exactly Monte Carlo
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2013, 09:29:30 pm »
Cardiff would be a good move for him.

Gets a chance to show whether he can do it in the Prem and at the same time doesn't have too much pressure in terms of having to force his way in to a top side.

If he does well there'll be ample opportunity to move again. If he doesn't, then he gives himself the best chance of not simply being cast aside, as could be the risk at a bigger club.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2013, 09:30:27 pm »
Blackpool isn't exactly Monte Carlo

No but he has 1 year left on his contract and Cardiff could well be a championship team again in a year.

Plus I maybe he wants to help his dad out for the season.

We all know that the 8m(6m due to owing us money) won't be spent back on transfers

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2013, 09:30:37 pm »
Cardiff would be a good move for him.

Gets a chance to show whether he can do it in the Prem and at the same time doesn't have too much pressure in terms of having to force his way in to a top side.

If he does well there'll be ample opportunity to move again. If he doesn't, then he gives himself the best chance of not simply being cast aside, as could be the risk at a bigger club.
Spot on. It's clear they want to be careful about where he goes and ensuring he gets games.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2013, 09:32:47 pm »
Spot on. It's clear they want to be careful about where he goes and ensuring he gets games.

Think he will stay at Blackpool

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2013, 09:51:56 pm »

He said himself he has a soft spot for Arsenal. It doesn't matter a fucking jot either.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2013, 10:09:07 pm »
Think he will stay at Blackpool
It's an option because he will play, get another year's development and then be out of contract.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2013, 10:31:01 pm »
It's an option because he will play, get another year's development and then be out of contract.

That would be the sensible thing to do plus help his dad out.

The 8m fee will be putting mid to upper teams off. Out of contract then loads of clubs will want him.

Offline The crushing machine

• Boys Pen
« Reply #117 on: July 1, 2013, 11:57:22 pm »
Reading a lot about the attitude problem, for what it's worth I spent a bit of time at the academy to observe a weeks worth of training and he couldn't have been more unassuming and respectfull. He  really applied himself in training, talent stood out for me over more 'talked about / rated' players.

I came away thinking what a nice lad he was. Understand if there are a few of you who dealt with him day to day and maybe I only had a snapshot of a week, regardless felt its only fair to offer the brief insight I had.

Offline hulksagoodboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2013, 05:28:14 pm »
Turned down Cardiff to stay with his new born:

Blackpool and England Under-21 winger Thomas Ince will not be joining Cardiff City, the Welsh club have confirmed.

The Seasiders accepted Cardiff's £8m offer for the 21-year-old, who became a father on Thursday.

He held talks with the newly promoted Premier League side on Monday, but will now be remaining at Bloomfield Road.

Cardiff confirmed in a statement  that the player did not "want to leave his family or the Seasiders at this stage of his life".

Ince's decision to stay will be a relief to his father and Blackpool manager, Paul.

The ex-England captain had said his son, who scored 18 goals in the Championship last season, would only leave for a club where he would play regularly.

Reading failed with an offer for Ince in January, and a possible move to Liverpool during the same transfer window came to nothing because of a disagreement over his value.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23239056

Other thread was locked, sorry Mods if not appropriate.

Wonder if he signs a bumper deal or waits out the year? Will be weird if he doesn't sign and they let him stick around.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2013, 05:31:16 pm »
Fuck sake, hopefully someone else comes in for him.