Author Topic: Emiliano Insua  (Read 28093 times)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Insua's Goal
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2012, 11:26:54 am »
Anyone know how these % of rights things work?

Insua scores 2 goals = LFC can take credit for one.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2012, 11:30:08 am »
Insua scores 2 goals = LFC can take credit for one.

Sweet as. He has same amount of goals than Dirk Kuyt and Andy Carroll. Get in!
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2012, 11:37:21 am »
Over played at a crucial time in his development. When he was having bad games he needed to be given a rest but we had no option but to play him.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2012, 12:34:37 pm »
Over played at a crucial time in his development. When he was having bad games he needed to be given a rest but we had no option but to play him.

Not helped by some of our 'supporters' getting on his back....

'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2012, 12:40:02 pm »

That was a major problem for him, with Aurelio being injured constantly Rafa couldn't use him to give Insua a well needed rest. In the end we started using Agger at left back purely because we had no-one else.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2012, 12:43:00 pm »
I stand by Roys decision to trade him for The Chesk.

Masterstroke.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2012, 12:44:36 pm »
Always liked the lad, never thought we should have sold him.

This.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2012, 01:05:05 pm »
Yeah we never should've sold him but it's not like he would have made any difference.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2012, 01:13:27 pm »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2012, 01:13:30 pm »
Always liked Insua, the trouble with his last season was that he needed rest and we had no-one else to come in at left back.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2012, 01:17:13 pm »
Should've kept him. Another fucking bizarre decision from our club.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2012, 01:20:02 pm »
I stand by Roys decision to trade him for The Chesk.

Masterstroke.

We were that close to swapping Lucas for Poulsen too, until Hodgson changed his mind at the last moment.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2012, 01:20:35 pm »
Think the rights work like this:

We let go of Insua to Sporting. In his contract, we had something saying we are entitled to 50% of the fees if he moves to another club. Sporting get 35% and the management group get 15%. If he makes the move, all the parties get their sum of money and IIRC, Sporting and the management group can further add clauses.

I might be completely wrong but that's how it works for me in my head!

Offline Nano

• Main Stander
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2012, 01:25:12 pm »
should not have sold him. i'd take insua over downing at left wing. we could have saved 20 million.  insua and enrique on the left would have been nice.
Rafa Benitez : "We have a problem with Sami. He has a knock in the head. He was dizzy so I asked him if he'd seen the third goal! He just looked at me (with a confused look).

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2012, 01:27:13 pm »

Yes mate, and despite being overplayed and tired he still showed for the ball, got forward to offer an outlet, and put in some great crosses - when more experienced team-mates hid or went through the motions - let alone helping the lad out.

Would have been a good back-up and up-and-coming squad player to have had right now with Enrique looking knackered at times and young Robinson injured at times this season.

He's a victim of a time at the club where football on the pitch came second to the egos and decisions of people who shouldn't have been anywhere near our club.

Hope the lad goes on does well in his career.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rafa4eva

• Kopite
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2012, 01:36:46 pm »
This is what's so frustrating with our support... I don't think I've seen many posters stating insua is or was the 2nd coming... He was a young lad who was a better wingback than traditional left back ... Is it fair to say that? He needed to improve his defensive play esp positioning... But he had potential and IMO again he was realising that in the face of unreasonable circumstances ...

Now for me, who was he keeping out of the side to support the "he ain't good enough for us" ... He might not be vs the ideal requirement for any player in our side... Eg world class .... But we couldn't afford those luxuries or those ideals... We had aurelio who couldn't stay fit enough to support insua.... So in conclusion he wasn't keeping anyone out of the side... He was our only option... And that still wasnt appreciated by some....

So insua wasnt good enough eh? Well ok if we were going to change then we would get a better replacement ... In principle I can understand that... You can always improve.... But we got konchesky in.... Wtf

Same as some posters stating rafa leaving was needed towards the end.... Really? Really??? Even when we now know bum sniffer was his replacement... After all we have been through posters still have the audacity to type that sh8t and post it?!?!?

Personally saw insua in the Europa league and thought he had a relatively good game... Some of his weaknesses could still be seen but his strengths were also there to be seen... I have no issue with change... As long as its positive  for us as a club... Personally though changing things for the sake of changing them by getting in replacements who don't improve us Is just fin stupid... I truely detest this childish approach to change....

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2012, 01:38:59 pm »
It could of been worse Lucas might of been pushed out as well

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-transfer-news-Lucas-Leiva-wants-to-snub-Italian-move-to-stay-at-Liverpool-article529283.html

Weren't they both near the top of the Purslow List to be bombed out by Purslow and friends?

I think it was pretty much anyone foreign anyway.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2012, 01:40:01 pm »
Wish we kept him, he'll be at a top top club.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2012, 01:43:30 pm »
I think we had him at the wrong time. If we'd signed him now or a year or so down the line he'd be great. Loads of Potential. Hope he does well. How olds he now? 22/23?

Would categorically disagree with that.

We had him at exactly the right time - when he was young, cost a pittance and counted a home grown player. How he was allowed to leave and PFK brought in I'll never know. Has to be one of, if not THE worst decision ever. 

Again, he had a few bad games in a bad time for the club in general, was hung out to dry by certain sections of the support and then released. We will have massive egg on our faces over this, as he will be a top top player.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2012, 01:50:22 pm »
Always thought he was boss, He was f**king awesome going forward at times and linking up with his winger. Sadly though he was clearly overplayed, clearly burned out and was clearly playing in a team that overall was on a decline. take all that and add in the fact a bunch of tits were getting on a very young defenders back, well then you have a fucked up combination.

Some of our so-called knowledgeable fans even said konchesky was a better player.... obviously i disagree.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2012, 01:58:42 pm »
So we still own 50% of Insua, does that mean we could easily get him back? He'd a great option for us at left back.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2012, 02:04:32 pm »
So we still own 50% of Insua, does that mean we could easily get him back? He'd a great option for us at left back.

Unfortunately it is a bit of a Riise situation we only own his right peg now.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline dast18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2012, 02:04:57 pm »
Eeeeee-mili-ano
I want to knooooow
How you scored that goal

Glad to see him doing well. Should never have left.
If he was Dudek would've saved it...and there would be no film.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2012, 02:05:41 pm »
I'd love him back here to compete with Enrique for LB

still think he's a class player, i miss his crossing

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2012, 02:07:55 pm »
Shouldn't this be in general sport?

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2012, 02:14:39 pm »
The guy was given so many chances in the first team but was no way near good enough.  Offered virtually nothing going forward and was only an average defender.

Plenty of players that I'm gutted we lost but Insua is not one of them, anyway IMO our current left back is the best we've had since Steve Nicol, so onwards & upwards.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2012, 02:16:32 pm »
The guy was given so many chances in the first team but was no way near good enough.  Offered virtually nothing going forward and was only an average defender.

Plenty of players that I'm gutted we lost but Insua is not one of them, anyway IMO our current left back is the best we've had since Steve Nicol, so onwards & upwards.

Didn't he have the most assists for a left back in the league and only played half the season? Something along those lines, so you're wrong on that.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline kopenddanny

• Main Stander
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2012, 02:21:03 pm »
Really wish we kept him, I always looked forward to watching him develop at LFC. He would have been a brilliant back up for a while then eventually he would've become a very solid LB for us (imo).

Offline Nin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2012, 02:28:05 pm »
I'm going to go against the grain and say I think we were right to get rid. Few good goals and assists but a liability defensively.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2012, 02:31:13 pm »

:o

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2012, 02:32:46 pm »
Didn't he have the most assists for a left back in the league and only played half the season? Something along those lines, so you're wrong on that.

4th most assists for an LB in the PL in 09-10. Ahead of him were Baines, Cole and Evra.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline rafa4eva

• Kopite
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2012, 02:34:49 pm »
I'm going to go against the grain and say I think we were right to get rid. Few good goals and assists but a liability defensively.

Ok... Do you still agree getting rid of him and replacing him with konchesky still makes it the right decision? Or maybe insua was so poor we as a club would rather have an empty space at lb than insua? I can understand wanting to get better, what I can't understand is getting a far worse player on all levels replacing a player who wasn't apparently good enough.... And people still saying that outcome as a positive....Is this a definition of insanity?

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2012, 02:35:28 pm »

He got a fair number of assists, and was one of the best crossers of the ball in the squad.

I still can't believe Purslow and Roy were trying to get rid of him at a point where we had no other senior left backs in the squad.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2012, 02:36:54 pm »
4th most assists for an LB in the PL in 09-10. Ahead of him were Baines, Cole and Evra.

Baines, Cole and Evra ... further references to these 3 players in this sequential order may be referred to as Bolevra from this point forward.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2012, 02:37:25 pm »
He is a good player, but no way better than Enrique. I'd rather have Enrique, Robinson and Fabio Aurelio than Insua, Dossena and Konchesky. Insua moved forward, so did the LFC.
What do Fernando Hierro, Carles Puyol, Philipp Lahm, Andres Iniesta, Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Jordan Henderson share in common?

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2012, 02:40:16 pm »
Would categorically disagree with that.

We had him at exactly the right time - when he was young, cost a pittance and counted a home grown player. How he was allowed to leave and PFK brought in I'll never know. Has to be one of, if not THE worst decision ever. 

Again, he had a few bad games in a bad time for the club in general, was hung out to dry by certain sections of the support and then released. We will have massive egg on our faces over this, as he will be a top top player.

I am trying really really hard to think of a worse deal than Insua-out-PFK-in... Still thinking...

Got it!

Rafa-out-Hodgson-in !!!
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2012, 02:40:50 pm »
He is a good player, but no way better than Enrique. I'd rather have Enrique, Robinson and Fabio Aurelio than Insua, Dossena and Konchesky. Insua moved forward, so did the LFC.

How do you think Enrique compares to Bolevra?
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2012, 02:41:29 pm »
At least fatty has stopped eating them Mars bars since he left us

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2012, 02:42:31 pm »

What's Aurelio doing in the list? And why are Dossena and Konchesky in the same list?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2012, 02:43:53 pm »
At least fatty has stopped eating them Mars bars since he left us

Is that Insua you're referring to? Harsh. He's never been fat.