Author Topic: The GAA Thread  (Read 633651 times)

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: The GAA Thread
« Reply #9440 on: August 20, 2017, 10:07:27 pm »
Bar a couple of players, Kerry we're pretty poor today. Mayo should have no fear of them in the replay.
Kerry minors are a game away from a 3 in a row of their own, right?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #9441 on: August 20, 2017, 10:55:51 pm »
Bar a couple of players, Kerry we're pretty poor today. Mayo should have no fear of them in the replay.

Yep they are and a certain player scored 1-10 today for them.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #9442 on: August 21, 2017, 10:59:18 am »
4 in a row and seriously the most talked about Kerry minor player we have ever produced, David Clifford 1-10 yesterday scored at a canter including a 45. If the Aussies come knocking which I suspect they will Kerry Group will have to up the price of butter and put there hands in their pocket to match AFL clubs. It will be a tragedy if we lose him.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #9443 on: August 21, 2017, 11:05:28 am »
4 in a row and seriously the most talked about Kerry minor player we have ever produced, David Clifford 1-10 yesterday scored at a canter including a 45. If the Aussies come knocking which I suspect they will Kerry Group will have to up the price of butter and put there hands in their pocket to match AFL clubs. It will be a tragedy if we lose him.

Bomber commented yesterday that he must be overage. Unbelievable talent.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #9444 on: August 21, 2017, 11:22:32 am »
Just on our defensive frailty yesterday, a lot of calls for playing with a sweeper. We did actually drop back Paul Murphy there in the final ten minutes and looked a lot tighter. Would have a lot of question marks of Fitzmaurice for not doing it earlier even for spells. Murphy wasnt stuck to that role he just provided cover when required and he's a good reader of the game so would know when to do so.

Also on James O'Donoghue. Twice in two games Barry John Keane has come on for him in two games and scored with his first touch and it's bad enough he was taken off twice. The only solace we can take is that he is not 100% but why he still be chanced if he's not, just ends up hammering his confidence. We need him firing if we have any hope, Geaney is top class but he alone won't win an All-Ireland.

I find after these big title bouts people are far too quick with their summation of either side, next week's match will likely take on a totally different form again and there will be grand change of opinion also. Kerry were very close to beating Dublin in last year's league final we have beaten them in Croke Park in a final this year. Mayo were very close to beating Dublin twice no less than 12 months ago and were just as good as them and even held Dublin scoreless in the first 20 minutes of the drawn match.

There is very little between these sides, very recent record has show that and isn't it a great thing to look forward to
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 11:24:51 am by KERRYKOP »

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #9445 on: August 21, 2017, 11:27:53 am »

Joe Brolly's comment a few years ago about the Kerry conveyor belt being finished has to rank as one of the stupidest ever in GAA history. And he's got tough competition from himself in that regard.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #9446 on: August 21, 2017, 11:42:42 am »
Joe Brolly's comment a few years ago about the Kerry conveyor belt being finished has to rank as one of the stupidest ever in GAA history. And he's got tough competition from himself in that regard.
Made a nice headline for an article in the middle of February when nothing was happening. Headline first and come up with some flimsy bluster to back it up.

As far as the minors go we lost, Mark O'Connor to Geelong last year. He was named motm in the 2014 and 15 minor finals. Having more of our players poached is a serious worry. If we lose Clifford, the GAA will have to start putting the foot down. Huge work has gone into developing young players in Kerry over the last ten years or so and to lose this talent without compensation I might add is nothing short of criminal.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9447 on: August 21, 2017, 09:51:03 pm »
Honestly thing the GAA could have shaved another few quid off the asking price for the tickets

Stand tickets yesterday were what, 45 blips? Gone down to 35 now. Hardly much of a concession, is it?

Especially for the folk who made the effort to go yesterday. Croker is a bit of a trek if you'r coming from Mayo or Kerry like

Still, 25 Euro for a Hill ticket isn't too bad I suppose. If the weather forecast is good for Saturday then I might take a ramble up to it for the craic   
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #9448 on: August 22, 2017, 12:09:09 am »
Replays are such a pain in the hole. Bought a ticket this year that covered all quarter and semi finals. Nice seat in 307, of course that's not covered for replays so will have to dig out another. I'm working until two on Saturday as well so will hopefully just make throw in. Still, two blockbuster matches at headquarters in as many days so can't complain really. A very busy week ahead with the build up.

Offline Klopp Your Hands

• And Stompp yer feet!
  • Kopite
  • If you're a Kopite and you know it Klopp ur hands!
« Reply #9449 on: August 22, 2017, 11:17:23 am »
I think Replays should be scrapped after the Quarters, they take away from the competition I think

Mayo will be beaten in the replay I think, was their best chance to do Kerry in a while and similar to their All Ireland Replay against the Dubs, they should have won on the first day but were never going to win the second one
At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just £3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9450 on: August 22, 2017, 06:38:08 pm »
We ain't winning the replay. 9 games into the summer. Jesus Christ.

Fed up of whats ifs.
The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9451 on: August 22, 2017, 07:16:20 pm »
We ain't winning the replay. 9 games into the summer. Jesus Christ.

Fed up of whats ifs.

Are you really this miserable in real life? ;D
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just £3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9452 on: August 22, 2017, 07:56:46 pm »
Are you really this miserable in real life? ;D

Can't be optimistic about mayo gaa! too many years of bollox!

Offline Klopp Your Hands

• And Stompp yer feet!
  • Kopite
  • If you're a Kopite and you know it Klopp ur hands!
« Reply #9453 on: August 22, 2017, 09:28:20 pm »
Can't be optimistic about mayo gaa! too many years of bollox!

I'm a Dub but I was going out with a Mayo girl a few years back and was a Mayo fan for the day when we were at Croker for the Final against Donegal

It was depressing how quickly that game was over, wasn't a contest after those early goals

Mayo need to Blitz Kerry like they did Roscommon to have a chance, grab a 4-5 point lead then who knows.
I still suspect Kerry will do it though
At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #9454 on: August 22, 2017, 09:49:24 pm »
Mayo need to Blitz Kerry like they did Roscommon to have a chance, grab a 4-5 point lead then who knows.
I still suspect Kerry will do it though
Mayo went 1-1 up after three minutes the last day! For them to railroad Kerry like they did Roscommon, Kerry would have to be as bad as Roscommon which we know they are not. It will be a tight one again on Saturday and also on Sunday might I add.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9455 on: August 22, 2017, 10:33:06 pm »
I talked an awful amount of shite in here about Mayo being done before the game and hold my hands up that I was completely wrong. Our full back line was atrocious the last day but they weren't provided with much help either. If a soon to be 34 year old Andy Moran can do that to us I shudder to think what the dubs would do.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #9456 on: August 22, 2017, 11:20:49 pm »
I talked an awful amount of shite in here about Mayo being done before the game and hold my hands up that I was completely wrong. Our full back line was atrocious the last day but they weren't provided with much help either. If a soon to be 34 year old Andy Moran can do that to us I shudder to think what the dubs would do.
Any full back line is going to feel the pressure against top quality forwards with that ball. It's all well in good peaople saying there was loads of space in front of them but our high press did work a treat. We won five of Mayo's kick outs in a row at the end of the first half for instance and the story was much the same the rest of the game. Whether it was Moran flagging or dropping one player in as sweeper (usually Murphy) we looked assured at the back in the last quarter. It's a major tweak that should have been looked at earlier, but Murphy had his hands full with Keegan who was largely ineffectual I might ad, take note Connolly (had to get that in there!)

I thought Kerry came in for a lot of unfair criticism after the game that was frankly insulting to this Mayo team, they have quality front and back and have been one of the best sides in the country and probably second to Dublin over the last five years or so. I honestly feel they would have an All-Ireland if the breaks went for them. Against us in 2014 they just didnt go for them and I'm full sure they'd have gone on and beaten Donegal which they did by a hammering in 2013. I also think this line that "they keep coming back no matter what" is giving far too much credence. They are good side first and foremost and will always be in the mix as long as they continue to be.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9457 on: August 26, 2017, 09:40:03 am »
I predict Kerry by 1 point

And Dublin by 4 points

Should be a good weekend of it now

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #9458 on: August 26, 2017, 10:39:29 am »
Great weekend to showcase the greatness of Gaelic Football, the sport isn't talked up half enough.

Soccer and football are the two sports most criticized in this country despite being the two most popular. Go figure.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #9459 on: August 26, 2017, 03:33:39 pm »
Kerry in a spot of bother here.

Also my I add, Didi I cannot make Croke Park tomorrow due to family commitments, first game I have missed this Season, hope this is ok?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #9460 on: August 26, 2017, 03:40:02 pm »
Kerry are a shambles. Defensively all they can do is foul, and their keeper is alternating between kicking it straight to Mayo men or doing a Karius and kicking it over his own end line. (Or was that Mignolet?)

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #9461 on: August 26, 2017, 03:46:21 pm »
Kerry are a shambles. Defensively all they can do is foul, and their keeper is alternating between kicking it straight to Mayo men or doing a Karius and kicking it over his own end line. (Or was that Mignolet?)

Mayo by far the better side and Kerry are all over the place at the back, the foul tally speaks volumes.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #9462 on: August 26, 2017, 04:11:16 pm »
Serious dissent by Darran O'Sullivan there in reaction to his black card. Big ban coming up for him you would think.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9463 on: August 26, 2017, 04:12:15 pm »
Heroic stuff from Mayo here.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #9464 on: August 26, 2017, 04:12:52 pm »
Heroic stuff from Mayo here.

It is to be honest but Kerry have been terrible.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #9465 on: August 26, 2017, 04:27:43 pm »
And its a red, this is over now.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #9466 on: August 26, 2017, 04:38:52 pm »
Absolutely brilliant display by Mayo. Best ever by this team - total domination from start to finish. Kerry an absolute rabble. Disgraceful stuff by Donaghy.

Please God they can finish the job 3rd Sunday in Sept and Dermot and the other Mayo lads can die as happy men and the rest of us can all breathe a sigh of relief with them.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #9467 on: August 26, 2017, 04:39:13 pm »
Kerry showing their colours.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #9468 on: August 26, 2017, 04:40:11 pm »
Absolutely brilliant display by Mayo. Best ever by this team - total domination from start to finish. Kerry an absolute rabble. Disgraceful stuff by Donaghy.

Please God they can finish the job 3rd Sunday in Sept and Dermot and the other Mayo lads can die as happy men and the rest of us can all breathe a sigh of relief with them.

First part completely agree but the second sorry lads but fuck that if we are in it ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #9469 on: August 26, 2017, 04:45:15 pm »
I hope we don't make a show of ourselves complaining about the ref. Mayo gave the performance I always said was in them! Theyll win Sam, pretty certain of it now

Offline Dermot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9470 on: August 26, 2017, 04:49:19 pm »
That was Fuckin beautiful.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9471 on: August 26, 2017, 04:50:33 pm »
Brilliant stuff. Really hope they go on and win it now.

I think they would beat Tyrone, though I think Dublin would have them.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #9472 on: August 26, 2017, 04:50:39 pm »
Perfect way for Donaghy to bow out, huge applause from the Kerry following and apoplectic booing from the opposition. One of a kind

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #9473 on: August 26, 2017, 04:55:05 pm »
Perfect way for Donaghy to bow out, huge applause from the Kerry following and apoplectic booing from the opposition. One of a kind

;D

Nice shine on his bad boy carry on.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9474 on: August 26, 2017, 10:17:49 pm »
Mayo gave the performance I always said was in them!

You did to be fair. There's no doubt they're a seriously good outfit when they're on song and up for it. I'll admit, after watching them against us, I thought they wouldn't get near an All Ireland final. As I said in a previous post, they just looked to me like a team carrying too much emotional baggage from losing in 2012, 2013, and going down again last year. But credit where it's due, they've dug deep and proved all of their doubters wrong. Seeing Andy Moran's celebration at the final whistle was brilliant. It wasn't just the celebration of a guy happy to be reaching an All Ireland final. He looked like a man on a serious mission

I'm much more of a Hurling man than I am a Football man. I've been to many a Hurling final as a neutral. I've never gone to a Football final as a neutral. But I'm going to go scouring for tickets for this one. If Mayo pull this off then it's going to be beyond epic. And I definitely want to be there to see it. It's going to be some atmosphere, especially if Dublin do the business tomorrow.

Offline Dermot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9475 on: August 26, 2017, 10:42:18 pm »
You did to be fair. There's no doubt they're a seriously good outfit when they're on song and up for it. I'll admit, after watching them against us, I thought they wouldn't get near an All Ireland final. As I said in a previous post, they just looked to me like a team carrying too much emotional baggage from losing in 2012, 2013, and going down again last year. But credit where it's due, they've dug deep and proved all of their doubters wrong. Seeing Andy Moran's celebration at the final whistle was brilliant. It wasn't just the celebration of a guy happy to be reaching an All Ireland final. He looked like a man on a serious mission

I'm much more of a Hurling man than I am a Football man. I've been to many a Hurling final as a neutral. I've never gone to a Football final as a neutral. But I'm going to go scouring for tickets for this one. If Mayo pull this off then it's going to be beyond epic. And I definitely want to be there to see it. It's going to be some atmosphere, especially if Dublin do the business tomorrow.

If you get 2 I'll sit beside ya

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9476 on: August 26, 2017, 10:43:44 pm »
I hope we don't make a show of ourselves complaining about the ref. Mayo gave the performance I always said was in them! Theyll win Sam, pretty certain of it now
Wouldnt be too sure about that , Dublin would have had that Kerry team dead and buried by half time, they where truly awful. Around the 58th minute Mayo's legs started to go and they started to tire .Kerry had noting to go after them with.Look at Dublin's bench Tomorrow, Conolly,Brogan, McMannamin, O Gara, Darragh mc Cauley,Costello. They will punish a tired team. Tyrone will be the toughest team that Dublin have faced in years physically. If they can over come them i wouldnt be too concerned about facing that Mayo team.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9477 on: August 26, 2017, 11:24:32 pm »
If you get 2 I'll sit beside ya

Oh, you want to go now, you do?

Probably didn't go to a match all year, but want to hop on the bandwagon now that it suits, eh? ;D

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #9478 on: August 27, 2017, 02:25:25 am »
Wouldnt be too sure about that , Dublin would have had that Kerry team dead and buried by half time, they where truly awful. Around the 58th minute Mayo's legs started to go and they started to tire .Kerry had noting to go after them with.Look at Dublin's bench Tomorrow, Conolly,Brogan, McMannamin, O Gara, Darragh mc Cauley,Costello. They will punish a tired team. Tyrone will be the toughest team that Dublin have faced in years physically. If they can over come them i wouldnt be too concerned about facing that Mayo team.
YES. Dublin. SUPER. Good. Team. GAELIC. FOOTBALL. 1916.CHampions FOREVER

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9479 on: August 27, 2017, 02:57:19 am »
We were absolutely shite. Worst performance since Meath 2001. If Eamonn Fitz doesn't walk tomorrow i'll spend a year away from Kerry GAA. The most clueless man we've had at the helm since i was 13 or 14 years of age. People will say it's not a vintage Kerry team but I don't buy that we have loads of good footballers. We played a proper blanket defence for the first time in my memory but you could see after 10 minutes it wasn't working. Now i'm no GAA sage but for fuck sake we played a 2 man forward line and 14 man defence for 55 minutes against an absolutely shite Mayo side and made them look like world beaters. Every single Mayo man who got the ball had 10 yards of space. Half that Mayo team wouldn't make the Crokes panel. They lost to a shite Galway and drew against an even worse Roscommon. Toss up tomorrow between Tyrone and Dublin but whoever wins that will beat Mayo by 10 to 15 points in the final. They're that shit. Don't know where this leaves Kerry football. If Jack O'Connor isn't the new manager and we don't bring in half the U21 panel next year we're absolutely fucked. I'll get my points across better tomorrow but for now this is my emotions laid out bare.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.