Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3304792 times)

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #16520 on: July 14, 2017, 01:41:25 pm »
Liverpool Stories is a great addition to the show. Looking forward to the next one.
Plenty of candidates for them to do a show on, so can see it having legs.  Hope so, as the Whitechapel one was great.

One on Homebaked in the future, maybe?
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16521 on: July 14, 2017, 02:44:13 pm »
So, Docking's Mrs "is a big hit on RAWK". Who is she?

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #16522 on: July 17, 2017, 10:51:55 am »
I don't know if it's just the radio city episodes because I can't remember (I don't think it is)
but I often have issues with the volume levels of contributors, it usually involves Neil A.

I find one person is a bit quiet so I turn it up and someone else is dead loud, or vice Versa.

Fridays show was a good example, could barely hear Ben Johnson, Neil dead loud.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16523 on: July 17, 2017, 01:57:13 pm »
I don't know if it's just the radio city episodes because I can't remember (I don't think it is)
but I often have issues with the volume levels of contributors, it usually involves Neil A.

I find one person is a bit quiet so I turn it up and someone else is dead loud, or vice Versa.

Fridays show was a good example, could barely hear Ben Johnson, Neil dead loud.
I've noticed this too. Sometimes some contributors sound a lot louder than others on the same show. I haven't really noticed a pattern to it, more just that the sound levels seem different for each person on some shows.

Offline Chief Brody

• Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #16524 on: July 17, 2017, 02:08:20 pm »
I've noticed this too. Sometimes some contributors sound a lot louder than others on the same show. I haven't really noticed a pattern to it, more just that the sound levels seem different for each person on some shows.

Might be something as simple as someone sitting nearer to the mic, dunno, but I find it happens enough to be noticeable and a bit frustrating.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #16525 on: July 17, 2017, 02:20:53 pm »
Guttman sounds markedly geezerish when he gets piped in over a remote line.  Maybe think about doing the same whenever TAW is previewing a game against one of the London clubs.  "And now, joining us from the bow bells..."

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16526 on: July 18, 2017, 11:11:33 am »

Same here. Can barely hear some of them. Sit closer to the sodding microphone would ya!

Also, very surprised at the chap who seemed adamant that we don't need Keita as we don't really need another midfielder!
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16527 on: July 26, 2017, 10:05:02 am »
Henderson interview was a bit of a disappointment. I don't really expect footballers who are media trained to say anything of any great interest, but if the questions are stuff like "Is Liverpool a special club?", they definitely aren't going to.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #16528 on: July 26, 2017, 11:35:56 am »
Henderson interview was a bit of a disappointment. I don't really expect footballers who are media trained to say anything of any great interest, but if the questions are stuff like "Is Liverpool a special club?", they definitely aren't going to.

Could not agree more. I was shocked at how leading and predictable the questions were, especially from Robbo and John who happen to be my 2 favourite lads off the wrap. I don't know if this was designed to also go on LFC TV. For TAW this was odd.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #16529 on: July 26, 2017, 11:47:18 am »

What would you have asked him?
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get Ł20

:wave

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16530 on: July 26, 2017, 12:42:09 pm »
They may not have had a lot of time to prep either.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16531 on: July 26, 2017, 01:33:53 pm »
I thought the Henderson interview was good. Indeed they've done brilliantly to maintain a level of quality throughout the Summer.

Everyone seemed to miss the subtlety of Mo twice suggesting either Barca or RM may need to offer a more than decent player if they ever come in seriously for Coutinho. Very interesting point.

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16532 on: July 26, 2017, 06:10:31 pm »
Anyone else joined the Roto Premier League Anfield Wrap Leagues?

https://fantasy.rotopremierleague.com

Last season we played Roto Fantasy League and had a ball.
This year we are going to link TAW Leagues up and play it with you. Everyone plays each other, there is a draft and no one can have the same players. This is what makes it compelling. TAW contributors will be taking part down in leagues with you all.

Sound good? Simply sign up below. We'll talk about it in the TAW Subscribers Facebook group and on shows and you can give us stick on twitter! I'd recommend the Premium settings to get the best out of it. It makes almost every game of Premier League football count in some way.

To join our league, create a team on the link below -

rotopremierleague.com

Confirm your email, then hit the "join league" button. Enter code: TAW.

You'll automatically be sorted into a league with TAW contributors and listeners, broken down into 12-team divisions. Once one league fills up, another is created, and the first user to enter that league becomes its chairman.

Sign up at the same time as your mates. Get everyone playing. Nothing better than a late win.

Any issues at all go to @rotopl on the Twitter or support@rotopremierleague.com. They are running it!

Be great if you fancy doing it. As ever, no worries if not.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #16533 on: July 26, 2017, 08:45:11 pm »
As someone driving/flying back to and from a holiday, gotta say the amount of content the last week or so has been superb

Offline robbohuyton

• Main Stander
  • Any spares lad?
« Reply #16534 on: July 26, 2017, 09:10:22 pm »
Could not agree more. I was shocked at how leading and predictable the questions were, especially from Robbo and John who happen to be my 2 favourite lads off the wrap. I don't know if this was designed to also go on LFC TV. For TAW this was odd.

It wasn't designed to do anything. We asked what we wanted. If it wasn't for you, sound.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16535 on: July 26, 2017, 09:26:54 pm »
Missed out on all sorts of questions....

'Jordan, do you keep pigeons'?

'Jordan, do you really use nivea'?

That sort of thing ;)

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #16536 on: July 27, 2017, 08:25:37 pm »
Last couple of Big Matches haven't had a link to the Youtube video in the descriptions, or did I miss them?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16537 on: July 27, 2017, 08:27:21 pm »
It wasn't designed to do anything.
Surely it was designed to do something...?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16538 on: July 28, 2017, 12:27:14 am »
What would you have asked him?

I would have asked him about
What happened to your foot last season?
What do you think happened to the team last after New Year's Eve's great win against Manchester City where the team really struggled for the next month?
What was your favourite game in your Liverpool career? (and, why?)
Can you explain what happened when you nearly joined Fulham?
Why have you ended up playing as a 6 since last summer, after not playing their for the first season under Klopp?

But most importantly I would have tried to avoid coaching the answer out of him, so all he has to say is, "Yeah, [X] is great," in response. I've done that, to some extent, when I've interviewed people and I when I catch myself doing it listening back I always think... "just let them answer." The danger of course is that you get short, curt answers that don't give any insight either.

That's questions are off the top of my, so I'm sure a bunch of other stuff would come up in research. As someone else said, Jordan's not "the most dynamic of interviewees" - he's just trying keep his guard up and not drop any clangers, like most footballers. I've only ever interviewed two footballers (one currently playing) and he was really nice but fucking dull as dishwater.

Generally, I don't really think that TAW needs to interview the people who work for LFC because I don't think any of them, with the strange exception of Klopp who couches his evasions in charm, would be that interesting. Brendan Rodgers made great copy when he gave a few tactical insights, but talked a mountain of guff as well. Largely people employed by clubs talk guff.

And Robbo and (particularly) John Gibbons are two of the best contributors to the whole operation - doesn't mean their work is beyond criticism.

Anyway, something positive: I thought the membership tickets show earlier in the summer was great, because it really discussed the issue rather than just being a bunch of heads bitching that they'd just spent all day not getting the tickets they wanted because of some computer fuck-up, which it could easily have turned into.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 12:31:27 am by lamonti »

Offline robbohuyton

• Main Stander
  • Any spares lad?
« Reply #16539 on: July 28, 2017, 11:19:01 am »
Sound.

Offline robbohuyton

• Main Stander
  • Any spares lad?
« Reply #16540 on: July 28, 2017, 11:22:08 am »
Surely it was designed to do something...?

It was designed to be a podcast with Jordan Henderson, mate.

Offline Chief Brody

• Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #16541 on: July 28, 2017, 11:35:02 am »
I quite enjoyed it, sq was a bit iffy.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16542 on: July 28, 2017, 01:40:35 pm »
It was designed to be a podcast with Jordan Henderson, mate.
Mission accomplished.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16543 on: July 29, 2017, 08:38:15 pm »
On itunes it's suddenly asking me for my TAW log-in to update my downloads. I am putting in the password I use on the website which I assume is the same one, but it's not working. Any ideas anyone? Or is there a way to get it reset, there's no option for if you've forgotten your password.

Edit: Hmmm, on the TAW website it says I have no active subscription, yet I usually have a fiver going out by Paypal automatically every month.  :-\
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 08:53:27 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16544 on: July 29, 2017, 08:41:02 pm »
I got the subscription recently and it's worth it for mini Gutter shows from hot, sweaty toilets. ;D

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16545 on: July 30, 2017, 06:29:46 am »
On itunes it's suddenly asking me for my TAW log-in to update my downloads. I am putting in the password I use on the website which I assume is the same one, but it's not working. Any ideas anyone? Or is there a way to get it reset, there's no option for if you've forgotten your password.

Edit: Hmmm, on the TAW website it says I have no active subscription, yet I usually have a fiver going out by Paypal automatically every month.  :-\

If it's gone out as usual drop them an email

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16546 on: July 30, 2017, 10:50:37 am »
If it's gone out as usual drop them an email
Have done, cheers.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16547 on: August 3, 2017, 12:18:36 am »
Is there anyway of tracking down old episodes?  Looking for the one they did on mental health on sport at the end of last year.
No time for caution.

Offline Adamski LFC

• Kopite
  • Polymath, ... I think not
    • Dash Equestrian
« Reply #16548 on: August 3, 2017, 01:15:09 am »
Hi
Re older shows they should all be up in the site as far as I have found

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/11/free-podcast-head-strong/

Should do you
Hoping not to embarrass oneself should not be the ultimate aim when posting

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite
« Reply #16549 on: August 3, 2017, 11:37:33 pm »
I like listening to Mo Stewart. Often talks a lot of sense.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16550 on: August 4, 2017, 02:26:26 pm »
Anfield Wrap and Second Captains together!

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16551 on: August 4, 2017, 03:16:13 pm »
Yeah, enjoyed that. Very weird having been a long time listener to both and hearing all these familiar voices having a conversation. Like being at a wedding and two of your old mates who've never met before are sitting there having a chat.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #16552 on: August 4, 2017, 03:19:42 pm »

This practically the same as DC and Marvel teaming up to make a film.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #16553 on: August 4, 2017, 03:30:08 pm »

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16554 on: August 4, 2017, 05:12:11 pm »
Yeah, enjoyed that. Very weird having been a long time listener to both and hearing all these familiar voices having a conversation. Like being at a wedding and two of your old mates who've never met before are sitting there having a chat.

Two different groups of mates... and they already know each other!

Also Ken Early still not officially "out" as a Red, but barely concealing it there.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16555 on: August 4, 2017, 05:17:32 pm »

Also Ken Early still not officially "out" as a Red, but barely concealing it there.

He was at the TAW show in Lafayettes a few years back. Probably a red.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #16556 on: August 4, 2017, 10:54:58 pm »
Gutter show was funny tonight. Let's just get on with selling Coutinho and buying Ousman Dembele and/or Mbappe.

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16557 on: August 5, 2017, 02:24:20 am »
That second captains special was my all time favourite TAW show - and I've been listening since basically the day Andy set up this thread. Four brilliant contributors talking all sorts of sense. Nice one lads.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16558 on: August 5, 2017, 09:35:14 am »

Yeah, I've always suspected Early was a Red. If he's not, he's very well up on LFC history for a non-red. I assume McDevitt is a Man Utd fan, as is Murph.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16559 on: August 5, 2017, 09:51:13 am »
Hi
Re older shows they should all be up in the site as far as I have found

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/11/free-podcast-head-strong/

Should do you

Thanks for that.
No time for caution.