Author Topic: Predator (old and new)  (Read 10808 times)

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
Predator (old and new)
« on: October 7, 2009, 02:14:07 pm »
Ok, some Predator love please. After hearing that this guy....

Adrien Brody, has just signed on for a role in the re-boot of the Predator films (which are basically fucking off the AVP UTTER shite and going back to the roots of the thing), I'm a little more excited by what the f*ck they are going to do with it?

Predator was on the other night, and it's still, IMO, the best 80's action movie behind DIE HARD, and hasn't aged that badly either (ignoring the buff unessesary shots of all the body builders in it!). It's a brilliant movie, and actually, I think Arnie puts in one of his best 'acting' performances. And it's endlessly quotable "there's something out there major... and it aint no man... we're all gonna die". See?

Thank christ for Stan Winston for saving it from Jean Claude Van Damme running round in a piss poor suit!
 ;D

Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline waittillmay

• Nicks sweets off kids.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Predator (old and new)
« Reply #1 on: October 7, 2009, 03:09:15 pm »
Don't know why they're remaking it, as you said the original is class.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #2 on: October 7, 2009, 03:29:21 pm »
There are no new ideas any more so it's time to rehash anything they can. The AVP series does not inspire confidence.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 7, 2009, 04:06:36 pm »

Sorry the Predator would kick the fuck out of him.

Loved the original.

Spent many a drunken nights at Uni screaming "Run!! Get to the Chopper!!"

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #4 on: October 7, 2009, 04:07:19 pm »
I'll be looking forward to this then inevitably be let down once I see it. The AVP movies are just aboslutely awful and should never have been made. I have no hope what so ever for the Alien prequel movie being made as well.
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 7, 2009, 04:18:11 pm »
There are no new ideas any more so it's time to rehash anything they can.

They know whether they be a massive hit or not, people will pay money to see in the hope it is good, only to be let down. Either way they make the money they require.

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #6 on: October 7, 2009, 04:20:32 pm »
Sorry the Predator would kick the fuck out of him.

Loved the original.

Spent many a drunken nights at Uni screaming "Run!! Get to the Chopper!!"

:lmao

''Ruuun, Git to the Chowper!!''
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 7, 2009, 04:26:29 pm »
It's long been a passion of mine to be sitting with a friend or two in a pub garden, laughing and joking, and then going stoney faced and looking puzzled and saying "over derrrr, in dem treeeeees".

Also, I love the end credits of predator when they do all the cheesey, smiley shots of all the actors.  Like all the actors coming back on stage smiling at the end of a pantomime!

Fucking A boys, fair play for making that   ;D

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #8 on: October 7, 2009, 05:37:53 pm »
"Billeee....whad iz it"

" We're a rescew squaad, not an asssasssination teeem" (I think it's that, it's a long time since I've seen it)

"Anytime..."

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 7, 2009, 06:05:02 pm »
"That's a real nasty habit you got there"

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: October 7, 2009, 06:22:21 pm »
Awesome film, quite enjoyed the 2nd one too.

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here......,

Sounds like Bobby Rodriguez is going to do it, cant wait.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2009/07/robert-rodriguez-has-a-crazy-intense-script-for-his-predator-revival.html

« Last Edit: October 7, 2009, 06:25:21 pm by Livbes »

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #11 on: October 7, 2009, 06:36:56 pm »
Oh God another film from my childhood about to be ruined. Whats next in the listof remakes? Smokey and the Bandit?
Smokey = Adam Sandler
Snowman =  Stephen Merchant
Bandit = Ryan Reynolds (see what I did there!)

Oh and on the subject of quotes from predator. Arnie after he kicks the doors in "knock knock"
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12 on: October 7, 2009, 06:48:38 pm »
Turn around, turn around, turn around...

Predator was such an awesome film.  I even enjoyed Predator 2.

This remake business is going too far.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #13 on: October 7, 2009, 07:49:35 pm »
Don't know why they're remaking it, as you said the original is class.
It's not a remake, it's a brand new story, based around the first movie's themes.

There are no new ideas any more so it's time to rehash anything they can. The AVP series does not inspire confidence.
Robert Rodriguez of Planet Terror / Sin City fame is making it, and is adamant that the AVP series were atrocious and is ignoring them completely apparently.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #14 on: October 7, 2009, 07:52:03 pm »
Oh God another film from my childhood about to be ruined. Whats next in the listof remakes? Smokey and the Bandit?
Smokey = Adam Sandler
Snowman =  Stephen Merchant
Bandit = Ryan Reynolds (see what I did there!)

Oh and on the subject of quotes from predator. Arnie after he kicks the doors in "knock knock"

Folks, stay calm, they are NOT remaking Predator. They are binning off the recent AVP's, and going back to what made the original good. It's a reboot of the Predator in the same way Batman Begins rebooted Batman after Clooney.

They aren't remaking it!
:)

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 7, 2009, 07:55:39 pm »
I thought this was more of a sequel than a remake, at least Rodriguez has some involvement. I remember reading a couple of years ago that his Predator film was going to be about a team of soldiers captured by them and taken back to their homeworld to be gladiators, that would have been awesome.

The casting of Brody makes this a lot more interesting than before. He's a very good actor and it will be interesting to see what he does with an action star role.

Anyway, Danny Trejo is also in this and that makes it boss automatically
« Last Edit: October 7, 2009, 07:58:06 pm by Rusty Oysterburger »
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 7, 2009, 07:59:59 pm »
It's not a remake, it's a brand new story, based around the first movie's themes.
Robert Rodriguez of Planet Terror / Sin City fame is making it, and is adamant that the AVP series were atrocious and is ignoring them completely apparently.

By the way, Rodriguez is only a producer, it's being directed by a Nimrod Atal. The only thing I've seen of his was Kontroll which was very good.

The title of this new one is actually Predators, so there'll be a pack of them hunting down the humans

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 7, 2009, 08:04:43 pm »
Danny Trejo = LEGEND.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #18 on: October 7, 2009, 08:11:33 pm »
Anyway, Danny Trejo is also in this and that makes it boss automatically

Agreed. The Predators will have fucked with the wrong mexican...

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #19 on: October 7, 2009, 08:23:04 pm »
They know whether they be a massive hit or not, people will pay money to see in the hope it is good, only to be let down. Either way they make the money they require.

Aye like the Transformers films. Fingers crossed this will be decent and not just another empty box office success which will spawn another mediocre sequel. But they get browny points for Danny Trejo.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 7, 2009, 08:23:50 pm »
Agreed. The Predators will have fucked with the wrong mexican...

You know whats better than Danny Trejo?

Danny Trejo with twin Uzis strapped to his fucking back!

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #21 on: October 7, 2009, 08:29:18 pm »
I genuinely think it's going back to it's roots, and not some CGI too dark to see what's going on shitfest that the AVP movies were (god they were awful). Nice that they are blanking the AVP films from memory as they mostly shit on the continuity also (Predators like the heat, and AVP was set in the antarctic???)  :butt

Funny thing is, the Predator in the original, and even the 2nd one with Danny Glover, looked tribal, and alien. THe Predators in the AVP movies, looked like, er, men in badly designed sci-fi suits...

The original is just awesome. Amazing that Stan Winston came up with the look while sitting on a plane...
Would have loved to see the Jean Claude Van Damme in the suit one though, it looked fucking atrocious!! Love the fact that they had to stop filming because they suddenly realised it looked so bad.

Although, fact fans, he's still in the movie apparently. When Carl Weathers gets killed, that's Jean Claude running in a circle around him.
 :o

Hopefully the new one will go back to not overdoing the CGI and just get back to a group of people being hunted. I read though that it's set on the Predator homeworld and the group of humans have been taken back there for hunting?

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #22 on: October 7, 2009, 08:30:55 pm »
Topher Grace? Was Spiderman 3 not bad enough for him? Clearly not an action film actor. Hopefully he'll be some sort of weedy scientist that gets picked off early.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #23 on: October 7, 2009, 08:33:12 pm »
Topher Grace? Was Spiderman 3 not bad enough for him? Clearly not an action film actor. Hopefully he'll be some sort of weedy scientist that gets picked off early.

A slimy corporate goon like Burke in Aliens hopefully ... :)

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #24 on: October 7, 2009, 08:41:50 pm »
Hopefully the new one will go back to not overdoing the CGI and just get back to a group of people being hunted. I read though that it's set on the Predator homeworld and the group of humans have been taken back there for hunting?
Some hope Paul, in this day and age?

I know people are saying, calm down it's not a remake. What it should be is "Fucks sake, you c*nts in hollywood have already done your best to fucking ruin both the alien and predator franchises. Stop now, don't do this. Please."

Because, as much as batman begins is a "restart", it's fucking rubbish compared to the origional. Not fucking rubbish in the clooney as batwan shitstorm, but it's not a patch on the origional. it'll be the same with this. The reason being is that when predator was made, the humans were all fucking great characters. Macho, steriod pumped, trigger happy soldiers being hunted by an alien who's far harder than them, and that they can't fucking see.

"Want some of this kid? It'll turn you into a sexual Tyrannosaurus!!"

I hope that i'm proven wrong, but i'm betting they'll try and make it more gritty, more realistic and the humans more human. Which means, no good one liners and some bile inducing storyline involving the humans that I won't care about as no fucker can act these days.

[/rant]
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #25 on: October 7, 2009, 08:49:10 pm »
Because, as much as batman begins is a "restart", it's fucking rubbish compared to the origional. Not fucking rubbish in the clooney as batwan shitstorm, but it's not a patch on the origional. it'll be the same with this.

Kind of agree with some of what you said regarding Predators. There's not a lot of hope for character development. I mean, in Predator, it doesn't even turn up until about 40 minutes in in any proper way. Love the build up in that movie, and you just know that this won't be like that...

As for Batman, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are, IMO of course, much better than Burton's Batman, (which I loved by the way!).
I just prefer Nolan's take, loved Begins and loved The Dark Knight. Thought he brought Batman into the modern age brilliantly. Certainly wouldn't say they are awful compared to the original, just a totally different take.

Burton's is great for what it is, but has aged terribly and looking at it now, I prefer Nolan's versions.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 7, 2009, 08:49:11 pm »
Grace is playing a serial killer according to that article, that's...interesting.

I mentioned that before, I think that was Rodriguez's idea a few years ago when he was about to direct it. I'm not sure how much as survived for this version. Although I'd fucking love to see that.

They're filming in Hawaii so I imagine it's going to be the jungle again.

Offline trigger

• sexist and shallow
  • Legacy Fan
  • The romans invented the knob on a stick
« Reply #27 on: October 7, 2009, 09:18:35 pm »
Predator is the fuckin dogs bollocks...although i've only ever seen it when i've come home pissed from the pub with a big fuck off kebab

really should watch it sober :D
Frankly if your team is mentioned in a Liverpool song, you should be chuffed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 7, 2009, 09:40:36 pm »
Just been digging around and I found this video script review http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-first-look-at-robert-rodriguez-s-predators-8112

It's definitely set on the Predator homeworld, some quite mild spoilers about the beginning of the film/set up

Spoiler
They aren't a crew of mercenaries either and don't know each other. They are assembled from all over the world after being watched and assessed by the Predators. So Brody is a cop/fed who the predators watched skillfully hunt down and kill a suspect, Trejo is an assassin for the Mexican Cartel, a Yakuza assassin/ninja from Japan, a Russian soldier with a minigun, a hunter from an African tribe and so on. These are all kidnapped by the predators and taken back to their homeworld were they are dumped in the jungle and then hunted for sport by the Predators. They're also hunted by the wildlife/monsters from the homeworld.

It's not written as a shitty "PG-13" action film, it's very violent and gory and best of all there might be a surprise cameo from someone from the first film!
[spoiler/]

Now that sounds infinitely better than a re-tread of the the original

Looks like Brody is beefing it for it...

[close]

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #29 on: October 7, 2009, 10:07:52 pm »
I always liked the woman's lines - Elpidia Carillo (plays Anna). Such terrible acting.....

"Gimme the wepp on!"

and

"When I was little, we found a man. He looked like - like, butchered.The old woman in the village crossed themselves... and whispered crazythings, strange things. "El Diablo cazador de hombres." Only in thehottest years this happens. And this year, it grows hot. We beginfinding our men. We found them sometimes without their skins... andsometimes much, much worse. "El cazador trofeo de los hombres" meansthe demon who makes trophies of men"

Fit though. Nice results on google images with safety off ;) But here's a family-friendly pic :P

Offline waittillmay

• Nicks sweets off kids.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 7, 2009, 11:37:52 pm »
The title of this new one is actually Predators, so there'll be a pack of them hunting down the humans

oooo that gave me shivers!!! looking forward to it now! glad its not just a remake...might be decent!

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #31 on: October 7, 2009, 11:56:25 pm »
Kind of agree with some of what you said regarding Predators. There's not a lot of hope for character development. I mean, in Predator, it doesn't even turn up until about 40 minutes in in any proper way. Love the build up in that movie, and you just know that this won't be like that...

As for Batman, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are, IMO of course, much better than Burton's Batman, (which I loved by the way!).
I just prefer Nolan's take, loved Begins and loved The Dark Knight. Thought he brought Batman into the modern age brilliantly. Certainly wouldn't say they are awful compared to the original, just a totally different take.

Burton's is great for what it is, but has aged terribly and looking at it now, I prefer Nolan's versions.
Moot point I guess as with everything it's horses for courses. I watched the origional Batman the other day and personally don't think it's aged at all, it's still what it was when it came out. While I agree that Nolan brought them up to date, in doing so I think it lost a lot of it's charm. Also, I think that Bale's very shit as batman. Again, not like Clooney was, but bale can't do anything apart from play himself, he's got no scope as an actor and as such fails to convince me as either Bruce Wayne or Batman. And Michael Caine doesn't do it for me as Alfred.
I did actually like the films, before anyone thinks that I hated them (as it would be easy to take from my rantings) but I have a problem with turning what is essentially a comic character into a bloke in a suit in a far more real life situation.

Same thing goes for this new thing,Predators. It's Sci-Fi and it's horror. Don't try and make it a fucking drama, don't fill it with shite humans that I don't care about. When I first watched Predator as a kid, i really wanted arnies group, all of them, to survive. They clicked well together and all had character without really doing anything to build it. As for the predators. Take them back to the invisable killers that fill you with terror at every turn. Not just some blokes in crap suits that appear every other scene.

The problem is that I have no faith in hollywood not utterly fucking this up, no faith at all.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #32 on: October 8, 2009, 05:32:20 pm »
Has anyone seen the making of the Predator with interviews with the actors and people involved with the movie?

Might of posted it awhile back its a decent watch

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drm4BxZDnuY
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lL7pDE8ro4
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JItY8UwDv8U
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #33 on: October 8, 2009, 07:14:59 pm »
I still love how shit the original suit was, and how Jean Claude Van Damme is still in the movie, but just not visible!
 ;D

Offline Tosh

• Legacy Fan
  • El Argentino
« Reply #34 on: October 8, 2009, 07:34:42 pm »
Danny Trejo = LEGEND.

Can't wait for the feature length version of MACHETE!

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 8, 2009, 07:56:26 pm »
Can't wait for the feature length version of MACHETE!

Some cast too. Cheech Marin, Bobby De Niro, Jessica Alba, Danny, Michelle Rodriguez, Steven Seagal to name a few.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #36 on: October 8, 2009, 08:19:15 pm »
One of the most quotable movies ever without a doubt. I've got the double disc DVD package of it, and Im happy with that.

I love it when Blain (Jesse Ventura) is standing with that big fuck off machine gun with blood pouring down his arm

Mac: Blain you've been hit

Blain: I don't have time to bleed

Corny, but cool as fuck at the same time
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Tosh

• Legacy Fan
  • El Argentino
« Reply #37 on: October 9, 2009, 03:41:51 pm »
Some cast too. Cheech Marin, Bobby De Niro, Jessica Alba, Danny, Michelle Rodriguez, Steven Seagal to name a few.

Mmm.. Jessica Alba.... mmm.... I'll be back in a minute.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #38 on: October 9, 2009, 04:11:22 pm »
Mmm.. Jessica Alba.... mmm.... I'll be back in a minute.
It's Jessica Alba! Don't rush it! Take your time! ;D

Offline harmar

• Red Red Wine....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2009, 05:14:27 pm »
Did the whole thing not start from a comic book, I could swear that I remember reading them at the time and there were predators in the First World War !
"To be prepared is half the victory"   Miguel Cervantes