Author Topic: Smithswatch with Chris Packham  (Read 1655 times)

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
Smithswatch with Chris Packham
« on: June 11, 2009, 01:20:39 pm »
Anyone else enjoying Springwatch being signifcantly enlivened by Chris Packham's torturous attempts to squeeze Smiths lyrics into the script
I thoroughly enjoyed the description of how some chicks in a nest seemed to Oscillate Wildly when they were fed. 
I reckon he got six or seven song titles in on Tuesday night.  :D

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
Re: Smithswatch with Chris Packham
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 01:40:14 pm »
Not seen it, but it's a fun game to play. I have been known to do it (or Waits/Cave/etc) when training others in work.

Offline Slugworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 01:56:27 pm »
Not seen it, but it's a fun game to play. I have been known to do it (or Waits/Cave/etc) when training others in work.

Ever managed to get postcard from a hooker in minneapolis or the piano has been drinking in there? that would be impressive
"There's no excuse for erectile dysfunction. If you see a fanny, gents, it's your duty to conquer it like a sleepy village. No prisoners" The Big Sam

Offline aliverbirduponmychest

• Kopite
  • A team that plays total football.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 01:21:38 pm »
Anyone else enjoying Springwatch being signifcantly enlivened by Chris Packham's torturous attempts to squeeze Smiths lyrics into the script?
I thoroughly enjoyed the description of how some chicks in a nest seemed to Oscillate Wildly when they were fed.
I reckon he got six or seven song titles in on Tuesday night.  :D
Yeah I saw it but I think the best one has to be describing the cuckoo who had just ejected the Reed Warblers eggs as a "Sweet and Tender Hooligan". He has said loads though and last night the woman (Kate I think) said "Girlfriend in a coma". Has been loads though. Quite funny in a way.
SoS membership number 4158
JFT 96

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 08:29:03 pm »
He's at it again, was doing Manics stuff last night, tonight he has so far done Beck.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 1, 2011, 05:19:31 pm »
He's always at it, I reckon we could have a sweep stake...
@ManifoldReasons

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #6 on: June 1, 2011, 07:22:27 pm »
Disappointed to discover he supports yernited.

Offline Broken Accidental Stars

• Kopite
  • Gedites know who le vrai Roi is
« Reply #7 on: June 1, 2011, 07:38:36 pm »

In before Andy@Allerton makes a "typical Smiths/Morrissey fan" remark.
"Inspirational quote on perseverance, unfinished business, and fighting the good fight."
- Gérard Houllier

The ship has been steadied, le retour du Roi est bientôt arrivé.
Hic iacet Gérard Houllier, rex quondam, rexque futurus.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #8 on: June 1, 2011, 08:07:08 pm »
He doesnt, wanted them to win the other day, but I think because he doesnt like Barca, pretty sure he is a massive Southampton fan.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 08:41:31 pm »
Really good documentary on iPlayer about his life with autism. Very sad at points but an amazing insight into what life's like with Aspergers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09b1zbb/chris-packham-aspergers-and-me

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 09:07:34 pm »
Really good documentary on iPlayer about his life with autism. Very sad at points but an amazing insight into what life's like with Aspergers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09b1zbb/chris-packham-aspergers-and-me
It was sad...  very interesting to see how he had to learn techniques to allow him to work with the public...

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: Chris Packham on the BBC
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2023, 03:27:12 pm »
Really enjoyed the first couple of episode's of Chris Packham's new one, 'Earth'.

Puts an awful lot of things into perspective when he's taking about a blazing inferno of a planet 250 million years ago, or 'snowball Earth' 800 million years ago!