Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1047138 times)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #13960 on: March 31, 2018, 01:15:42 am »
That's it mate but one must still give thanks.

:wave

Just thought of the time my Dutch mate put me onto wild garlic. We were helping out at our friends camp site by the Pyrenees in 2012 I think it was . He had this idea of going to zee woods and getting shit loads of it so we lent our mates van . We came back to the camp site and blended it with grilled pepper . Got loads of empty jars from the recycling at the camp site , labelled it and fly pitched it ( trading without a licence ) for 3 euros a jar at the local Sunday market. We got drunk that night.

;D

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13961 on: March 31, 2018, 09:02:44 am »

Just thought of the time my Dutch mate put me onto wild garlic. We were helping out at our friends camp site by the Pyrenees in 2012 I think it was . He had this idea of going to zee woods and getting shit loads of it so we lent our mates van . We came back to the camp site and blended it with grilled pepper . Got loads of empty jars from the recycling at the camp site , labelled it and fly pitched it ( trading without a licence ) for 3 euros a jar at the local Sunday market. We got drunk that night.

;D

Your adventures are legendary    :)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13962 on: March 31, 2018, 10:04:36 am »
Your adventures are legendary    :)

I've made a few quid from that market in Esperaza in Languedoc over the years. Homemade Rum Chai , Gemstone Jewellery from India , Massage and Busking with my guitar. One time me and my Dutch mate helped ourselves in the middle of the night to lots of grapes from a Chateau and got a tressel and sold them at the market the next day.  ;D How I love to travel.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13963 on: March 31, 2018, 10:05:57 am »
I think one day I should start a people's travel stories thread.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #13964 on: March 31, 2018, 10:06:48 am »

;D
Let's do that this summer!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #13965 on: March 31, 2018, 10:16:58 am »

;D

And I thought camping at Delamere and swimming in boggy Hatchmere was the height of outdoor chic.

I was 15 at the time so give he done latitude. I also forgot the groundsheet and bog paper so my mates weren't pleased.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #13966 on: April 2, 2018, 08:22:46 am »
Anyone here had a CT scan?

Got to have one done thurs,a bottle of dye & put on a drip by looks of it.
I get a bit claustrophobic in some environments,how long do they take?

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13967 on: April 2, 2018, 08:30:53 am »

Sorry I can't help you there, I've not had one of those before.

I do however have to go to Hospital tomorrow to have an ultra sound scan which they say is quick and quite painless.  Just like what pregnant females have, put some gel on your belly then move the thingy around your belly and look on the screen to see what's going on.  It's to do with me having very high levels of potassium and low levels of Vitamin A in my blood and bursting to go for a wee like every 15 minutes.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13968 on: April 2, 2018, 11:31:10 am »

CT is quick (a few minutes), and also not fully enclosed like MRI. How long depends on where they are scanning. You'll lie on a table that moves through a sort of ring (the gantry, which contains the x-ray source and the detector), so it doesn't cover your whole body at once. Strictly speaking, only the part of you that is being scanned has to move through the gantry for the scan, but they might need to move the whole length of you through to position you. But that should be quick.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/ct-scan/
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #13969 on: April 2, 2018, 11:39:58 am »
Cheers red.
Abdomen/pelvis so hopefully shouldn't take long eh..
Scares the shit out of me not fully knowing whats going on inside.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13970 on: April 2, 2018, 11:46:01 am »
Cheers red.
Abdomen/pelvis so hopefully shouldn't take long eh..
Scares the shit out of me not fully knowing whats going on inside.

I think that means your head should be sticking out, so it will feel a lot less enclosed. Just don't get your knickers in a twist about it, or you'll have the doc laughing at you. ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13971 on: April 2, 2018, 11:29:35 pm »
20 minutes mate with headphones on playing minimal techno at a push,it is a case of holding on for the results.

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #13972 on: April 2, 2018, 11:31:22 pm »
Sorry that was here in Belgium but it was for abdominal problems.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13973 on: April 9, 2018, 09:00:35 pm »
The Beatles Story, Albert Dock.

Is it easy to get there from the Train Station, is it far, can you comfortably walk there?

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13974 on: April 9, 2018, 09:08:41 pm »
You didn't say what station?

Walking from Lime Street, It's about a fifteen - twenty minute walk, although quite a pleasant one through the city centre.

From James Street, it's five mins, from Moorfields, a ten minute walk.

From Newcastle Central.... a fair bit longer.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 9, 2018, 09:11:12 pm by Bigly Red Richie »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13975 on: April 9, 2018, 09:15:44 pm »
Yeah, I believe Newcastle to Liverpool the train stops at Lime Street.

Thanks man.     :)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #13976 on: April 9, 2018, 09:19:45 pm »
Yeah, I believe Newcastle to Liverpool the train stops at Lime Street.

Thanks man.     :)

Or jump the Wirral line underground at Lime Street to James Street.

If you are down at the Albert Dock the Museum of Liverpool is a good place to visit, as is the Maritime Museum.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13977 on: April 10, 2018, 07:12:14 am »
The Beatles Story, Albert Dock.

Is it easy to get there from the Train Station, is it far, can you comfortably walk there?
Definitely walk it. 1.0 mile and especially if you have came from Newcastle on the train which is a 3 hour journey, i'd prefer to get outside and stretch my legs. You'll get your bearings too walking through town to the Albert Dock.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13978 on: April 12, 2018, 12:45:03 am »
Is making a GIF like the one below easy enough?

Its obviously 2 Pieces of footage stitched together to make one GIF

Is there a specific piece of software i need or are there sites that can do it?

Any help appreciated

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 12:46:49 am by Buck Pete »

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #13979 on: April 12, 2018, 04:50:38 pm »
Is making a GIF like the one below easy enough?

Its obviously 2 Pieces of footage stitched together to make one GIF

Is there a specific piece of software i need or are there sites that can do it?

Any help appreciated

You can use an online tool. Can't remember if I have used this one, I usually google on demand.

https://ezgif.com/help/merging-gifs

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #13980 on: April 13, 2018, 11:07:09 am »
So a few weeks ago I was driving to work when it was cold and skidded on some ice and hit a wall, damaging the front bumper and scratching the side of my car. I phoned my insurance company (Hastings Direct) to enquire about making a claim, they said by the sounds of things the cost to repair the car is more than the value of the car but to check this they'd need to get someone to come to mine and value it. If I decided not to proceed with then I'd have to pay their fees.

As it's only an 09 Vauxhall Astra I said I didn't want to proceed with a claim and I'd fix it myself. I've just checked my bank account and the insurance company have taken £110 out of my account. When I phoned them they said my premium has increased as I registered a claim even though I proceed.

Surely they can't do this? 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13981 on: April 13, 2018, 11:41:59 am »
So a few weeks ago I was driving to work when it was cold and skidded on some ice and hit a wall, damaging the front bumper and scratching the side of my car. I phoned my insurance company (Hastings Direct) to enquire about making a claim, they said by the sounds of things the cost to repair the car is more than the value of the car but to check this they'd need to get someone to come to mine and value it. If I decided not to proceed with then I'd have to pay their fees.

As it's only an 09 Vauxhall Astra I said I didn't want to proceed with a claim and I'd fix it myself. I've just checked my bank account and the insurance company have taken £110 out of my account. When I phoned them they said my premium has increased as I registered a claim even though I proceed.

Surely they can't do this?

The premium can change even if you don't claim (all incidents have to be reported whether you make a claim or not, and even incidents that aren't your fault are taken into account when calculating your premium), but that should only come into effect at your next renewal. Has the policy renewed since the accident?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #13982 on: April 13, 2018, 11:48:15 am »
The premium can change even if you don't claim (all incidents have to be reported whether you make a claim or not, and even incidents that aren't your fault are taken into account when calculating your premium), but that should only come into effect at your next renewal. Has the policy renewed since the accident?
The accident happened on the day my old policy was due to expire. I was renewing with the same insurer but I didn't call them until a couple of days after the accident.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13983 on: April 13, 2018, 12:18:09 pm »
The accident happened on the day my old policy was due to expire. I was renewing with the same insurer but I didn't call them until a couple of days after the accident.
In that case they are within their rights to change your premium bit I would have thought they would have to notify you so you could cancel within the 14 day notice period and go elsewhere.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #13984 on: April 13, 2018, 12:23:29 pm »
In that case they are within their rights to change your premium bit I would have thought they would have to notify you so you could cancel within the 14 day notice period and go elsewhere.
I was sent an email from them two weeks ago titled 'documents for your amended policy' but I thought it was just my new policy documents so didn't open the attachment. It was only after seeing the money coming out of my account that I looked at it closer and spotted the £110 increase.

When I called them earlier I said I wanted to cancel the policy but they said it'd cost £49 and I wouldn't be refunded my payments. Bastards. 

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13985 on: April 17, 2018, 02:15:55 pm »
The pound has hit its highest level since the UK's vote to leave the European Union in June 2016. Exchange rate to the dollar is 1.43. Is it worth buying some American dollars now? May go NYC late this year or early next year so really not sure. Not sure if the dollar will remain as weak or the pound will continue to get stronger so any advice will be appreciated.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13986 on: April 18, 2018, 12:59:44 pm »
An alien from Mars is a Martian.

What is an alien from the other planets called?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13987 on: April 18, 2018, 01:02:50 pm »

Paul
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #13988 on: April 18, 2018, 01:21:24 pm »

Mercury: Mercurian

Venus: Venerian, Venustian or Hesperian

Mars: Martian or Arean (Phobos: Phobian, Phobese; Deimos: Deimian, Deimese)

Jupiter: Jovian (Io: Ioan; Europa: Europan; Ganymede: Ganymedean, Ganymedan; Callisto: Callistoan)

Saturn: Saturnian (Mimas: Mimatian; Enceladus: Enceladian; Rhea; Rhean; Titan: Titanese, Titanite)

Uranus: Uranian

Neptune: Neptunian

Pluto: Plutonian
https://io9.gizmodo.com/what-do-you-call-an-alien-from-uranus-728804752

There is not really an official stance, so the above is good as any...

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13989 on: April 18, 2018, 06:14:24 pm »
Nice one. We made up our own but none of them match those.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13990 on: April 19, 2018, 01:58:13 pm »
Anagram of a 2003 song

That Roofless Yule

Not sure if 'That' is a mistake and shouldn't be in there, but we can't get away from Lose Yourself by Eminem

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #13991 on: April 23, 2018, 07:36:10 pm »
I sent my phone to one of these "sell your phone" companies. According to the Royal Mail website it was delivered last Wednesday but theyre saying they havent got it. I'm currently £340 out of pocket, is there any way I can escalate this or take legal action because I've been reading reviews on Trustpilot and other people also have the same issue

Online Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13992 on: April 24, 2018, 10:10:32 am »
I sent my phone to one of these "sell your phone" companies. According to the Royal Mail website it was delivered last Wednesday but theyre saying they havent got it. I'm currently £340 out of pocket, is there any way I can escalate this or take legal action because I've been reading reviews on Trustpilot and other people also have the same issue
For future reference, you might just be best taking it to somewhere like CEX.

I'd probably get in contact with Royal Mail first, see what they say.

I've got to design a magazine logo for a brand I'm designing (Uni work) anyone got any experience with designing logos and how to go about it?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13993 on: April 24, 2018, 10:11:54 am »

How did you sent it? Did you send it tracked?

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13994 on: April 24, 2018, 04:06:05 pm »
Where does the saying "you are not as green as you are cabbage looking" come from

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #13995 on: April 24, 2018, 05:40:40 pm »
For future reference, you might just be best taking it to somewhere like CEX.

I'd probably get in contact with Royal Mail first, see what they say.

Most definitely will. Won't be using these again that's for sure

How did you sent it? Did you send it tracked?
Yeah tracked, the tracking number shows as delivered last Wednesday

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13996 on: April 24, 2018, 05:49:17 pm »
Yeah tracked, the tracking number shows as delivered last Wednesday

Assume you can also click to see who it was signed for by? Normally shows a scan of the signature too.

Get all that info and send it to them. I'd threaten going to the police seems you have proof of delivery.

Offline QR350

• Kopite
« Reply #13997 on: April 24, 2018, 10:03:38 pm »
Assume you can also click to see who it was signed for by? Normally shows a scan of the signature too.

Get all that info and send it to them. I'd threaten going to the police seems you have proof of delivery.
Doesn't have a signature as it wasnt signed for. Got in touch with someone who said theyve received it and theyre looking at it. If they don't let me know in the next few days I'm defo contacting police or taking it further as it's a pisstake that it takes this long

Offline QR350

• Kopite
« Reply #13998 on: April 25, 2018, 03:52:41 pm »
Ok another one, this work work related.

I called in sick two weeks ago due to a work injury. However, the guy I spoke to didn't pass the message on to the duty manager so it went down as an unauthorised absence. The very next day, I had a chat to the manager and cleared it up.

Got a letter from HR about a meeting regarding this unauthorised absence. Told my manager, he said he'll have a chat to HR and that I don't need to go to this meeting. So today I got another letter asking me to come in for a disciplinary meeting, I'm guessing my manager never talked to HR about this.

What actions can I take? None of it has been my fault from start to beginning, it's just certain people failing to do their job. I'm not part of a union but if they give me a disciplinary, what can I do to take it further?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13999 on: April 25, 2018, 04:03:37 pm »
Have you spoken to HR and explained what happened and for them to speak to your manager directly to get him to confirm it?