Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5733451 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Wenger Resigns
« Reply #49760 on: April 27, 2018, 09:31:22 am »
I’d have expected him to say ‘Yes I did get Liverpool back into the Champions League but that was really Luis Suarez, and we were shite when we got there so just forget it’
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49761 on: April 27, 2018, 09:34:53 am »
I’d have expected him to say ‘Yes I did get Liverpool back into the Champions League but that was really Luis Suarez, and we were shite when we got there so just forget it’
Or maybe just not comment on Europe, since his record is shocking. He loves to big himself up though.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49762 on: April 27, 2018, 09:45:35 am »
To be fair it’s not like he can say he got his arse handed to him by Basel who were managed by his predecessor at Swansea

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49763 on: April 27, 2018, 09:52:45 am »
"Arsenal are a great club, they have a great manager and they are going through a tough time of course. "

"People will look at it and see that I went to Liverpool, they were struggling for five seasons for Champions League football and I was able to get them back."

"And when I came to Celtic, they hadn't been in the Champions League for two seasons and I got them back."

I see Rodgers has been talking about it, Surprised he mentioned getting us into the champions league, considering how embarrassing our performances where in Europe when he did get back into it.

In terms of arsenal, they are fucked short term, they need a bit of a revamp to their entire defence, goal keeper and probably need a midfielder. The prices being passed around are ridiculous now, so they are gonna have to spend a fortune, which i can't see happening.

They have plenty of money.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49764 on: April 27, 2018, 09:57:50 am »
They have plenty of money.
Plenty of money, but don't want to spend it.
The stories coming out about how they want to reign in all the spending they have done (!), should make alarm bells start ringing. Wenger has always shouldered the blame for it, But what manager in the world doesn't like to spend money and improve a squad?

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #49765 on: April 27, 2018, 10:23:35 am »
Why would he be good for England? In European club football he’s successful at group stage but struggles against the best in the knockout stages. Would a Wenger-led England team have the steel and nous to actually win a tournament?

Perfect for England then !
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49766 on: April 27, 2018, 10:25:05 am »
Plenty of money, but don't want to spend it.
The stories coming out about how they want to reign in all the spending they have done (!), should make alarm bells start ringing. Wenger has always shouldered the blame for it, But what manager in the world doesn't like to spend money and improve a squad?

Have a link for that? Funny if true.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #49768 on: April 27, 2018, 11:42:46 am »
Or maybe just not comment on Europe, since his record is shocking. He loves to big himself up though.

He didn't comment on his record in Europe, he commented on qualifying for Europe. If he'd said 'Obviously I got Liverpool back into the Champions League, so my record in Europe speaks for itself' then fair enough. And I'm sure as a manager he recognises that's the main area he needs to improve.

It all went south here for him very quickly, which is a shame but we wouldn't have Klopp if it didn't so I guess its probably a good thing in hindsight. But it doesn't mean we need to jump all over stuff he says, or make out like he didn't generally do a good job here until the last season.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49769 on: April 27, 2018, 06:21:23 pm »
Have a link for that? Funny if true.

We went through this a couple of pages back.  We won't know for sure until 17/18 accounts are published but EPL rules state you cannot increase your annual salary to players by more than £7m (~£134k p/w) unless you also increase non-TV related income.  Arsenal's non-TV income has been stagnant and I'm betting the four new contracts they handed out more than exceed the wages they will be clearing from players out of contract or moved on.  There wouldn't then be much room to spend more than £50m as they have to pay the player a commensurate salary as well which they probably don't have the room to do so aside from those 1 or 2 main signings.

Now the Gunner fans here disagree with this and supposedly they will be getting a new Kit deal shortly that should help.  We won't know who was right until they either spend more than this during the summer or in the spring when the accounts are published.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 06:23:06 pm by BrandoLFC »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #49770 on: April 27, 2018, 06:32:18 pm »
They are definitely being tighter with their budgets, are doing audits on all aspects of the club and getting each department to justify the money they are spending.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #49771 on: April 30, 2018, 09:26:40 pm »
Arsenal getting twatted by Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup Final, currently 4-0 to Chelsea, 7-1 on aggregate.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #49772 on: April 30, 2018, 09:37:45 pm »
Finishes 4-0 to Chelsea 7-1 on agg.
#Sausages

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49773 on: April 30, 2018, 09:41:07 pm »
People say it doesn’t matter when we win the actual fa cup final, let alone the youth one.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49774 on: April 30, 2018, 09:44:39 pm »
It'd be more noteworthy if Chelsea didn't win it. They've been hoovering up pots at that level for years now.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49775 on: April 30, 2018, 10:02:52 pm »
It'd be more noteworthy if Chelsea didn't win it. They've been hoovering up pots at that level for years now.

And how many of those will get into the chelsea team, none.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49776 on: May 1, 2018, 10:57:26 am »
Same Bosnian source who claimed Klopp to LFC back in 2015( Pravda ), claiming Buvac to Arsenal.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/bosnia-liverpools-buvac-will-take-wenger-arsenal-manager/

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49777 on: May 1, 2018, 11:25:31 am »
Same Bosnian source who claimed Klopp to LFC back in 2015( Pravda ), claiming Buvac to Arsenal.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/bosnia-liverpools-buvac-will-take-wenger-arsenal-manager/

Being right about one thing doesn't mean they're right about another. Buvac would not suit being the manager, assistant manager maybe but not the main guy. Just seems like idle speculation like everyone else is doing.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49778 on: May 1, 2018, 11:27:33 am »
Being right about one thing doesn't mean they're right about another. Buvac would not suit being the manager, assistant manager maybe but not the main guy. Just seems like idle speculation like everyone else is doing.

How do you know he wouldn't suit to be a manager?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49779 on: May 1, 2018, 11:29:25 am »
How do you know he wouldn't suit to be a manager?

Buvac is a very quiet, introspective person who isn't fond of the limelight. He prefers a more backroom role like assistant manager. If he did want to be a manager, I couldn't see him go to a club like Arsenal, especially as the first guy after the long reign of Wenger.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #49780 on: May 1, 2018, 11:30:36 am »
Buvac is a very quiet, introspective person who isn't fond of the limelight. He prefers a more backroom role like assistant manager. If he did want to be a manager, I couldn't see him go to a club like Arsenal, especially as the first guy after the long reign of Wenger.

This is all guess work. You literally have no idea if he would be a good manager or not.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49781 on: May 1, 2018, 11:31:41 am »
This is all guess work. You literally have no idea if he would be a good manager or not.

I know, I'm not saying whether he would be a good manager or not, I'm saying that his personality doesn't suit being the man in the limelight.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #49782 on: May 1, 2018, 11:36:03 am »
I know, I'm not saying whether he would be a good manager or not, I'm saying that his personality doesn't suit being the man in the limelight.

So you're saying he wouldn't be a good manager.  ;D

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49783 on: May 1, 2018, 11:38:15 am »
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/01/you-cannot-help-but-like-him-liverpool-assistant-zeljko-buvac-talks-up-klopp/

“Both of us were looking to become managers and we promised each other, ‘If I am the first manager, I will take you and if you are the first manager you will take me.’ He came first. It is a friendship

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49784 on: May 1, 2018, 11:41:30 am »
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/01/you-cannot-help-but-like-him-liverpool-assistant-zeljko-buvac-talks-up-klopp/

“Both of us were looking to become managers and we promised each other, ‘If I am the first manager, I will take you and if you are the first manager you will take me.’ He came first. It is a friendship

He could be a manager, but would he really want to go straight to being the manager of Arsenal, being the first new manager there in 22 years? I can't imagine him enjoying the high pressure first season he would have.

It's all just idle speculation anyway, I believe the personal leave theory because it makes sense, especially after Joyce saying he was more distant in the past few months.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #49785 on: May 1, 2018, 11:50:43 am »
It's a massive appointment for Arsenal. Can't see them being left field and appointing a coach who by all accounts can't speak English too well
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49786 on: May 1, 2018, 11:53:41 am »
It's a massive appointment for Arsenal. Can't see them being left field and appointing a coach who by all accounts can't speak English too well

Wouldn't be surprised if it's just the Bosnian paper trying to get some attention based on that they broke the Klopp to us story first.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49787 on: May 1, 2018, 11:58:16 am »
He could be a manager, but would he really want to go straight to being the manager of Arsenal, being the first new manager there in 22 years? I can't imagine him enjoying the high pressure first season he would have.

It's all just idle speculation anyway, I believe the personal leave theory because it makes sense, especially after Joyce saying he was more distant in the past few months.
Would be weird fuck if just wanted a break before our biggest game in the season (and probably his career), you would think he would want to at least help his mate of 17 years out!

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49788 on: May 1, 2018, 11:59:37 am »
Boooooooo if this happens. After being second-in-command for so long (and getting a fraction of the recognition for any success Klopp's teams have), I think it's not unnatural if he would want to move.

If he did go to another club to be a fully-fledged manager, I bet his setup and tactics and ideas about football are near enough identical to what we play under Klopp. It would be like a clone. Hopefully, if he does move, then his impact on our team, and his own ability, is overstated.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #49789 on: May 1, 2018, 12:00:20 pm »
he would be head coach though, not manager, so it wouldn't be a massive stretch to go from being an assistant to head coach.

He'd actually have to do press conferences and stuff like that though for the first time ever  :P

But yeah, the whole timing thing is utterly shit if this is what ends up happening. Talk about a kick in the nuts.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49790 on: May 1, 2018, 12:00:41 pm »
Would be weird fuck if just wanted a break before our biggest game in the season (and probably his career), you would think he would want to at least help his mate of 17 years out!

What if he can't help it? I'm sure he would want to stay with the club until the end of the season at least, but if something has happened/gotten worse, he might not be able to continue.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #49791 on: May 1, 2018, 12:24:13 pm »
he would be head coach though, not manager, so it wouldn't be a massive stretch to go from being an assistant to head coach.

He'd actually have to do press conferences and stuff like that though for the first time ever  :P

But yeah, the whole timing thing is utterly shit if this is what ends up happening. Talk about a kick in the nuts.

Can he even speak English? I don't think I've ever heard him actually talk!
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #49792 on: May 1, 2018, 12:24:43 pm »
Arsenal still have a manager until the end of the season, and his mate of 17 years is trying to win a Champions League with Liverpool football club, which would be one of the pinnacles of both their careers.

Mind you, football should never surprise us any more.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49793 on: May 1, 2018, 12:27:00 pm »

I created this shirt in tribute to the great man...  ;)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49794 on: May 1, 2018, 12:28:13 pm »

No idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if he can't. He might understand it, but from what people say about him, he rarely talks so he probably only really speaks Serbo-Croat and German.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49795 on: May 1, 2018, 12:40:02 pm »

So Buvac will be manager at Arsenal and Klopp will be his assistant manager then!

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49796 on: May 1, 2018, 12:42:01 pm »
We are just speculating. First of all it’s probably better to be quiet than saying shite like Hodgson or Moyes does every week, so it may work to his advantage.

But seriously, i will be totally  surprised if he goes there.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #49797 on: May 1, 2018, 12:43:06 pm »

He spoke some english before coming here, but quite imited I think - not at the level Kloppo did, and he'd translate for him a lot in training.  But he's learnt much more since. So I'd guess he's proficient enough now having been here for 2 and a half years.

I've not heard him talk in YEARS!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49798 on: May 1, 2018, 12:59:58 pm »
If everyone is worried about how we would do without him, how worried will Arsenal be with him with Klopp and Kraweitz. Arsenal are a massive club and its not easy to slot in easily.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49799 on: May 1, 2018, 01:05:12 pm »
You're gonna need Pinky now.