Author Topic: If Guns N Roses...  (Read 14438 times)

Offline Frog

• Likes to woo
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Sounders til I die! www.weareecs.com
    • Facebook profile
Re: If Guns N Roses...
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2008, 04:59:05 pm »
Stone Temple Pilots were the best. ;)

Or Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains or Nirvana. Sadly all of a bygone age.
Technically Pearl Jam are still around, but they have changed a lot from the early nineties.
The bluest skies you’ve ever seen are in Seattle- And the hills the greenest green, in Seattle-
Like a beautiful child, growing up, free an’ wild- Full of hopes an’ full of fears, full of laughter, full of tears-
Full of dreams to last the years, in Seattle- in Seattle!

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2008, 07:19:16 am »
Technically Pearl Jam are still around, but they have changed a lot from the early nineties.

They have all completely sobered down now.  Back in the day when Vedder was mad, Pearl Jam were a riot.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2008, 01:08:40 pm »
Axl's voice = Nails down a blackboard.

Velvet Revolver provided 'Guns n Roses' with the one thing they were lacking, a decent vocalist.

Axl is a c*nt!  I wouldn't cross the road to shit in his sandwich!

Offline andrewt67

• Kopite
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2008, 12:38:55 pm »
In all honesty - no

Saw em in 1988 at Donington with the "Appetite For Destruction" lineup :-

Rose
Slash
Stradlin
McKagen
Adler

Say no more !!!

hoonin

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2008, 02:23:21 pm »
If ANY band, at ANY part of the 80's sounded like nothing you'd ever heard before, it was G N'R when appetite for destruction came out.

Very true. They were a heavy rock band and they looked just like all the Spandex high permed nonces around at the time, but they sounded like nothing else!

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2008, 12:20:56 am »
In all honesty - no

Rose
Slash
Stradlin
McKagen
Adler

Say no more !!!

yeah but that's cos you're a jammy fuck that happened to watch the original line up at the time they were probably the greatest band on the planet. I on the other hand watched an ego dominated twatfuck of a show which had been delayed due to 'certain circumstances' in Paris then around 5 or so days later and they eventually took to the stage about two hours late (fuck knows why?) and treated us to an amazing live music experience and I'm made up I saw them at this jucture however what I wouldn't give to see the original lineup playing 'appetite'.

Something surely 'Don't look back' should get on to ;)

Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline CaptainHindsight?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2008, 11:53:03 am »
Weiland is a fucking c*nt and a shit singer and frontman....I thought VR were crap....It would be cool if they were to reform but i doubt it.

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2008, 01:21:19 pm »
In all honesty - no

Rose
Slash
Stradlin
McKagen
Adler

Say no more !!!

They were almost as good as Helloween that day

Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 1, 2008, 06:20:44 pm »
They were almost as good as Helloween that day

Ha Ha Helloween were shite weren't they. GNR were fucking immense at Donnington that day. Pissed over everyone despite the tragedy. And anyone who isn't old enough to have seen them at their pomp between 87 and 90 and are jealous of us who did, all I can say is suck my great big fat hairy balls. Everything you heard about was true they fucking tore down every fucking city they performed in. You think Oasis rocked, GNR ate them up, shat them out, stamped them into the ground and pissed over what was left. The last true Rock N' Roll band and the only band I've seen to give a true glimpse as to what it must've been like in the 50's, 60's and 70's.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2008, 11:07:46 pm by Trousers »
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #49 on: May 1, 2008, 10:53:23 pm »
Largely, you're right Mirra - but the Foo Fighters are an excellent rock band with some superb songs, and Grohl DOES have some star quality about him...

He can certainly hold 80,000 in the palm of his hand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aHR0b8pRFo

Got to disagree there mate, Grohl has some decent tunes, ill give him that. But for the most part I dont rate him at all. When I went to see them he was awful live, the songs he played were different versions of the ones people had came to see and he just rambled on like a prat. A lot of people were dissapointed with that gig. But its all about opinions really, im not a Grohl fan.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline axlrose

• Anny Roader
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2008, 12:03:48 am »
cant stand the 'new' Axl Rose, in fact he's alway been bit of an arsehole, when we bought legal rights to name of Guns N' Roses it was obvious that Slash and Duff would leave (Adler and Stradlin left earlier)

Velvet Revolver was shite, even though i like STP, so all i can do is collect bootlegs from 86-93 GNR era and wonder they've destoyed rock n' roll's biggest group at that time. fuck me

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2008, 01:15:39 am »
...were to reform, would you be glad to see them back together on stage again?

Only if they were to die in a hail of bullets, but it's just got to be done without irony.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2008, 11:22:05 am »
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2008, 03:57:42 pm »
cant stand the 'new' Axl Rose, in fact he's alway been bit of an arsehole, when we bought legal rights to name of Guns N' Roses it was obvious that Slash and Duff would leave (Adler and Stradlin left earlier)

Velvet Revolver was shite, even though i like STP, so all i can do is collect bootlegs from 86-93 GNR era and wonder they've destoyed rock n' roll's biggest group at that time. fuck me

Axl was and is a massive c*nt.

He was the main reason for the break-up of the band by instigating the sacking of adler for drug use, constantly turning up late for rehersals and gigs (if he turned up at all) and by forcing the other band members to sign a contract which in the event of any breakup would give him the rights to the name of the band.

Velvet Revolver as a band are a million miles closer to what GnR were all about than the GnR that exists now.

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2008, 04:10:27 pm »

Velvet Revolver as a band are a million miles closer to what GnR were all about than the GnR that exists now.

Don't know about that. They got rid of Scott Wieland 'cos of "erratic behavoiur" (drugs).

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2008, 04:17:12 pm »
Don't know about that. They got rid of Scott Wieland 'cos of "erratic behavoiur" (drugs).

i meant musically they're closer to what GnR were about than the band that masquerades as GnR these days are.

do ye get me?

as long as he kept his drug habit Wieland was always going to be dumped by them sooner or later. did you read slash's autobiography yet?

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2008, 04:23:27 pm »
i meant musically they're closer to what GnR were about than the band that masquerades as GnR these days are.

do ye get me?

as long as he kept his drug habit Wieland was always going to be dumped by them sooner or later. did you read slash's autobiography yet?

I read one of them, but it was a bit shit so not sure if it was the one everyones on about. ???

What I really want to find is 'The Days of Guns N' Roses' by Mick Wahl (I think). Think it's out of print though now.

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2008, 04:29:15 pm »
I read one of them, but it was a bit shit so not sure if it was the one everyones on about. ???

What I really want to find is 'The Days of Guns N' Roses' by Mick Wahl (I think). Think it's out of print though now.

as in 'mick wahl from Kerrang'.....get in the ring motherfucker  :D

Ill lend you the one i read on holidays. quality read. never realised how really, really fucked up he was.

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2008, 04:37:25 pm »
as in 'mick wahl from Kerrang'.....get in the ring motherfucker  :D

Ill lend you the one i read on holidays. quality read. never realised how really, really fucked up he was.

Just googled it. It's by Danny Sugerman. Will definately borrow that off ya though. Cheers. P.M.'d ya.

Offline irishred1991

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96, YNWA
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2008, 08:47:07 pm »
hope they reform so i can see one performance
Liverpool is our religion,
Anfield is our church,
The Kop is our choir,
Fowler is our God.

Offline Operation Hennessey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2008, 09:45:39 pm »
I read a quote from Weiland around the time he left VR saying that GNR almost reformed around 2005/6 but it fell apart at the last minute, how true that is i don't know. I've seen the new GNR in '03, and they were really good, they did the songs justice, but nothing would come close to the original line up (or even the Sorum and Clarke line up). Would be fucking ecstatic if it did happen.

Saw VR at Download a couple of years ago, they were pretty good.

STP were awesome, but Weiland is a cock.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2008, 10:18:58 pm »
Sorum is a total prick

This is a guy who moaned when they did November Rain on stage 'Whats with pianos and strings? I didnt sign up for this'

What an absolute meat headed dick.

Go and join slipknot then you cock-jockey
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2008, 02:40:57 pm »
Contraband was a superb album and you have to give Slash, Duff and Matt credit of staying true to themselves
Axl Rose has consistently shown himself to be an utter tit. The others are better off without him.

Besides it wouldn't be Guns N Roses without Izzy.
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline skidz73

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2008, 02:48:17 pm »
Got to disagree there mate, Grohl has some decent tunes, ill give him that. But for the most part I dont rate him at all. When I went to see them he was awful live, the songs he played were different versions of the ones people had came to see and he just rambled on like a prat. A lot of people were dissapointed with that gig. But its all about opinions really, im not a Grohl fan.

He's played in two of the biggest bands going, played in Queens of the Stone Age.
I'd defer to the opinions of Josh Homme, Kurt Cobain and Kirst Novoselic, who all knew their onions.
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2008, 05:39:50 pm »
He's played in two of the biggest bands going, played in Queens of the Stone Age.
I'd defer to the opinions of Josh Homme, Kurt Cobain and Kirst Novoselic, who all knew their onions.

Go for it then, I still think hes shit

Offline skidz73

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2008, 01:03:55 pm »
Go for it then, I still think hes shit

Perhaps you could elabrorate on why you think he's shit, beyond going to a gig where you were disappointed because he didn't do the songs in a style you wanted. I went to see them play their first gig in the UK back in the mid 90s, and to be quite frank they, and he, even rocked back then.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2008, 08:17:56 pm »

He only played on 1 track for queens of the stone age as far as im aware
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline skidz73

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2008, 09:42:31 pm »
He only played on 1 track for queens of the stone age as far as im aware

As far as I know, he was on drums on all of Songs for the Deaf and toured with them for that album.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2008, 11:02:25 pm »
As far as I know, he was on drums on all of Songs for the Deaf and toured with them for that album.

Yep he did the drums for pretty much all of that album (except two songs) and did a lot of the tour with them. He's also drummed for NIN.

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2008, 11:48:27 am »
Here's the first single off 'Chinese Democracy'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=somhZcyPsTw&feature=related

« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 11:50:47 am by macco »

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2008, 12:06:19 pm »
Grohl is a tremendous drummer. To suggest otherwise is fucking daft.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2008, 12:25:02 pm »
Grohl is a tremendous drummer. To suggest otherwise is fucking daft.

Fuck me, I can't believe anyone would suggest otherwise!   :o
Foo Fighters are the best band on the planet at the moment, and anyone who saw them at Wembley in June would probably agree. Nirvana, QOTSA, NIN, Killing Joke - all of them regarded him as THE best drummer. If you 'd seen him with Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones playing drums on Rock N Roll, you'd all agree! The man is a fucking god! 
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2008, 09:01:54 pm »
Great Drummer he maybe, still a shite front man tho

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2008, 10:48:56 pm »

Seriously Mirra, he had 180,000 fans over 2 nights eating out the palm of his fucking hands at Wembley in June! I do understand what you mean though, cos when the Foo Fighters first started out, Pat Smear was really the front man so Dave just took a back seat. Over the years though, he's improved and he's fucking immense now. I go to loads of gigs, concerts and festivals all year round with the 3 kids, and there's no one would hold a fucking candle to him. You'd have to see it to believe it, but if you get the chance to see the Wembley 08 gigs, have a look and see what you think. Honestly, James Hetfield was fucking meek in comparison to him this year.   ;)
Macca resplendent!

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2008, 11:57:29 pm »
I mentioned earlier mate, I took my lass to see the Foo Fighters cos shes into them and wasnt at all impressed with Grohl as a front man, after every song he was trying to have banter with the crowd and his patter was shite, he was singing different versions of the songs as well which didnt go down too well. I agree he is a talented bloke and that, but he just doesnt cut it as a front man for me like.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2008, 07:31:01 pm »

See I'm more inclined to agree with that. But then I'm not into the Foo Fighters.

Either way he's no frontman compared to Axl on form anyway!

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2008, 07:48:08 pm »
See I'm more inclined to agree with that. But then I'm not into the Foo Fighters.

Either way he's no frontman compared to Axl on form anyway!

Neil, up until a few years ago, I probably would have agreed. But at the Download Festival a couple of years back, Axl was completely shite!
Macca resplendent!

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2008, 10:25:41 am »
Neil, up until a few years ago, I probably would have agreed. But at the Download Festival a couple of years back, Axl was completely shite!

Yeah he was in a foul mood that day. Got better towards the end and they finished well, but he wasn't having it. Saw them at Leeds in 2002 though and he was amazing, absolutely incredible performance vocally and in terms of talking to the crowd, ranting at his critics, refusing to finish playing until one in the morning! Saw them down at the London Docklands three nights later and he was brilliant again, and thought they were great with him on form in Manchester two years ago.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2008, 11:52:41 am »
at Leeds in 2002 though and he was amazing, absolutely incredible performance vocally and in terms of talking to the crowd, ranting at his critics, refusing to finish playing until one in the morning!

Spot on, that was an awesome show!

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2015, 10:37:52 pm »
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.