Author Topic: Man Flu  (Read 41798 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Man Flu
« on: February 23, 2008, 12:43:04 pm »
Had it all week - but still went into work.

Anyone else had it?

Very high temperature, shivering/achey everything, sore throat, headache, earache and it's now moved onto Coughing - plus I've had an upset stomach too.

Was so bad this morning seriously thought about not going to the game! :o

But had one of those excellent night nurse day and night tablets and although I still feel like a bag of shite - I'm well enough to get to the game and get a lift home off the missus right afterwards.

Fucking hate feeling shite :(
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline dobbadobbs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice..
Re: Man Flu
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 12:49:11 pm »
Think i've had more colds/illness this year than i've had for years. Can't seem to shake them off.

This week has been a fucking nightmare though, huge ulcer on me throat - can't fucking swallow.  :(
'Rome wasn't built in a day...but milan was destroyed in 7 minutes'

Xbox Live - Dobbadobbs

Betfair referral code, no catch...£20 each for both of us FWHVCRTRF <----enter this on registering...

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 12:53:39 pm »
A hot whiskey is the best tonic. A large slice of lemon with cloves and sugar. Try one tonight after the game, you'll be right as rain on Sunday
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 01:34:47 pm »
The whole family has a Viral Infection effecting the stomach. It started on me on Sunday night and I was fucked within a few hours. Messed up stomach, aching limbs, headache.

Didn't eat for over 48 hours and then went another 36 without eating. Been on the Lucozade all week, must have had around 6/7 litres of the stuff.

Drinks loads of liquids and try to sweat it out.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 01:36:54 pm »

Think i've had more colds/illness this year than i've had for years. Can't seem to shake them off.

This week has been a fucking nightmare though, huge ulcer on me throat - can't fucking swallow.  :(

You work indoors?

Anyhting you want to say to someone but feel as though you cant?

Munch on raw garlic.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 02:22:21 pm »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline DizzyMunchkin

• Kopite
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 02:46:43 pm »
I could have swore  that there was already a thread  on this subject  ???
when I saw the title I thought oh god not another bout of wimpy guys whining about a MINOR cold, But I was wrong ( yes a woman who does admit she's wrong unlike you bloody men!!)

GET WELL GUYS,had a shitty time over crimbo from being ill, (chest infection) so I know how you feel

Kesey I wouldn't want to stand within an inch of you!!....   NO make that 50 feet!!  ;D
I'm old enough to know better,but young enough not to give a FUCK!!!

There are good-looking cars & then there are Aston Martins

Offline 7Dalglish

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 02:55:30 pm »
what the fuck is man flu? Surely it's just the flu?

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 04:02:12 pm »
what the fuck is man flu? Surely it's just the flu?

no, man flu is MUCH worse than the mild variety women get, FACT.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline grimreaper

• this is a new one... ok it's shite but it is a no-brainer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 05:01:57 pm »
no, man flu is MUCH worse than the mild variety women get, FACT.

yup

Offline 7Dalglish

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 05:11:06 pm »
Sounds to me like men in UK are turning gay, my visit this week also supports this theory with the number of hair styled, handbag carrying lads I saw mincing around town. Have fun at the Blue Oyster bar. :)

Offline grimreaper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 05:13:43 pm »
Sounds to me like men in UK are turning gay, my visit this week also supports this theory with the number of hair styled, handbag carrying lads I saw mincing around town. Have fun at the Blue Oyster bar. :)

what ever do you mean

Offline 7Dalglish

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 05:17:52 pm »
Thanks for sharing your myspaz photo!

Offline Gwaihir

• Village People fan (wink wink)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 06:06:32 pm »
Was it as bad as this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE

Got that via mail a while ago. Nearly pissed myself laughing.  :lmao
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 09:35:48 am »

I can collect all the green/brown shite I'm coughing up in a bucket for you if you like and then you can decide whether I'm gay :)

Temperature is down to 102 now!

Hurrah!

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 10:21:22 am »
Was it as bad as this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE
:lmao
My throat has been bad past few days, big white marks at the back of my throat, think I might have tonsilitis...........now my head has started to hurt and I'm all stuffed up
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Walking Through A Storm

• Kopite
  • Forward the Rafalution!
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 11:58:32 am »
Had massive diarrhia (or whatever it's spelled) last few days, ruined latter half of my skiing holiday. Got two fucking essays for tomorrow too. Argh...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 12:28:14 pm »
Had massive diarrhia (or whatever it's spelled) last few days, ruined latter half of my skiing holiday. Got two fucking essays for tomorrow too. Argh...

Just got a mental picture of someone saying "Have you seen WTAS?"

And someone saying - erm - yeah he went that way - just follow the brown snow

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 01:42:23 pm »
Just got a mental picture of someone saying "Have you seen WTAS?"

And someone saying - erm - yeah he went that way - just follow the brown snow
;D
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 06:23:51 pm »
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Gilly La

• shite speller, secure wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 08:25:42 pm »
I had it last month. Usually I'm the type to just get on with it (broke my hand last year, went into work the next morning never even went to hozzy) but it wiped me out. Literally couldn't move for a fortnight. Horrible.
FOLLER ME ON TWITTER YER WOOLS

@gillythinks

Offline Gwaihir

• Village People fan (wink wink)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 08:37:25 pm »
I had it last month. Usually I'm the type to just get on with it (broke my hand last year, went into work the next morning never even went to hozzy) but it wiped me out. Literally couldn't move for a fortnight. Horrible.

Ya big jessie!!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline skibaboo

• Baljeev's mate, and a good egg.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us dream, or at least stop the nightmares..
    • Anxiety Central
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 08:39:17 pm »
I've got terrible chest weasels, coughing up loads of grey gunk. Throat feels like i've been eating razor blades. I had a flu jab too, usually kept it at bay for me in recent years, or it's mild if i get it. Must be a bitch of a bug this one. Hubby hasn't got it and is giving me loads of grief cos I asked him to make me a cuppa!
bj. coutinho will be labelled the greatest liverpool player of all time once he hangs up his boots
u can quote that, put it in ur sig

bj. and if he aint, ill eat my own penis
http://www.anxiety-central.com/

Offline grimreaper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2008, 09:01:32 pm »
I've got terrible chest weasels, coughing up loads of grey gunk. Throat feels like i've been eating razor blades. I had a flu jab too, usually kept it at bay for me in recent years, or it's mild if i get it. Must be a bitch of a bug this one. Hubby hasn't got it and is giving me loads of grief cos I asked him to make me a cuppa!

sounds  like a twat , kick him into the kirb

Offline Gilly La

• shite speller, secure wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 09:57:14 pm »
Ya big jessie!!

I was devoed, lying in bed all day bored off me head. I'd rather have been in work.
FOLLER ME ON TWITTER YER WOOLS

@gillythinks

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 11:55:46 am »
Pah. Went to the quacks today and he's confirmed I have got flu.

He also cheered me up further by telling me I've now also got a bad chest infection - so he's stuck me on anti-biotic thingymagygs.

Going to spend a couple of days in bed reading/sleeping I think

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 12:57:44 pm »
:lmao
My throat has been bad past few days, big white marks at the back of my throat, think I might have tonsilitis...........now my head has started to hurt and I'm all stuffed up
Yea thats tonsillitis mate. Get onto your doc, you need a course of anti biotics.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 02:29:28 pm »
Off that youtube video I gathered men suffer more as flu swims in testestrone, I too am suffering .

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2008, 09:29:30 am »
Been told that I'm not allowed to take any more painkiller flu tablets as you can do yourself in if you're on them too long - so had my last ones yesterday (Still on antibiotics for another 4 days or so though..)

And my temperature has dropped to less than 102 in over a week!

In fact I just checked it before and its below 96 now - which seems a bit wierd - but maybe is just a reaction to it having been so high for so long? (About 103+ for a week)

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2008, 10:18:48 am »
Been told that I'm not allowed to take any more painkiller flu tablets as you can do yourself in if you're on them too long - so had my last ones yesterday (Still on antibiotics for another 4 days or so though..)

And my temperature has dropped to less than 102 in over a week!

In fact I just checked it before and its below 96 now - which seems a bit wierd - but maybe is just a reaction to it having been so high for so long? (About 103+ for a week)

For fuck sake andy, get over it.

You're the reason women think me overreact to illness. Fucking drama queen.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2008, 10:21:19 am »
For fuck sake andy, get over it.

You're the reason women think me overreact to illness. Fucking drama queen.

Right so you think I should have driven to work despite having a temperature of around 103+ then - and then given all my colleagues the same thing (Which has been confirmed as flu)

You've obviously never, ever, ever had flu if you're so prepared to talk such utter and complete bullshit.

You can barely stand up and walk around if you've got flu.

You've probably never had anything more than a mild cold.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2008, 10:24:37 am »
For some reason I never get ill. My girlfriend had really bad flu last week and I didnt get it even tho we live together in tiny shoebox flat. This has happened a couple of other times as well.

My dad used to get a cold about 5 times a year and pass it onto me mum and brother and I would never get it.

And last year the majority of people in my office got that virus thing that makes you shit and puke everywhere and I didnt get it!

So in summary, you're all just a big bunch of puffs!

:P
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2008, 10:25:00 am »
Right so you think I should have driven to work despite having a temperature of around 103+ then - and then given all my colleagues the same thing (Which has been confirmed as flu)

You've obviously never, ever, ever had flu if you're so prepared to talk such utter and complete bullshit.

You can barely stand up and walk around if you've got flu.

You've probably never had anything more than a mild cold.

Big girl.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2008, 10:26:15 am »
Shouldn't have said that, Rusty. You're guaranteed to get a massive dose of the shits now. ;D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2008, 10:26:44 am »
Big girl.

I realise you'd probably still go to work if you had the Ebola Virus and someone had sawn your legs off with a rusty chainsaw.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2008, 10:31:40 am »
I realise you'd probably still go to work if you had the Ebola Virus and someone had sawn your legs off with a rusty chainsaw.

Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Rob Jones Maybe?

• The Equaliser
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK N' Roll
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2008, 10:32:13 am »
Me and my 4 white blood cells have had every single virus, cold and other ailment doing the rounds lately.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2008, 10:35:37 am »
Shouldn't have said that, Rusty. You're guaranteed to get a massive dose of the shits now. ;D

Funny you should mention that cos I had quite a few last night and I can feel a big'un on the boil now
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2008, 01:04:07 pm »
Had it all week - but still went into work.

Anyone else had it?

Very high temperature, shivering/achey everything, sore throat, headache, earache and it's now moved onto Coughing - plus I've had an upset stomach too.

Was so bad this morning seriously thought about not going to the game! :o

But had one of those excellent night nurse day and night tablets and although I still feel like a bag of shite - I'm well enough to get to the game and get a lift home off the missus right afterwards.

Fucking hate feeling shite :(

Had the fecking thing since last Saturday and only managed to get back to work today.

And still feel like shit.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2008, 11:08:48 am »
My Temperature has dropped again - it's now lower than 95 which sounds a bit weird - but I feel a lot better which is great!

Hopefully it'll bobble back to 98.6 at some stage.