Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
The Boozer / Re: Schools
« Last post by Terry de Niro on Yesterday at 09:19:05 pm »
I attended 3 schools in my life.
Two Roman Catholic schools (one a staunch non-stop brainwashing outfit run mostly by nuns) and a C of E school which I went to for 3 years because there were no available Catholic schools at that time.
Even though it was C of E, there was hardly a mention of religion, and I can honestly say that they were by far the happiest times of my school life.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’
« Last post by mullyred94 on Yesterday at 09:15:09 pm »
Sigh, but I won't let you take me there.
How about the players and the management team recognising what sort of game they are in. It's like after the first leg during last nights 90 minutes they all forgot they are going to be tightly marked. Like the first time someone was dispossessed quickly it was a shock. Like when our subs came on they weren't told as soon as you get the ball one of them will be at you. Even if they were told, guess what, our player forgot one of them was gonna be at us.

Nobody can even say we were mugged over the 2-legs, our far more expensive squad were out fought in every department.

We got the draw we wanted but got the intensity we didn't want.

We got our full strength team available for the game but the team & management didn't have much nous available for the ties.

Spot on
The Boozer / Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Last post by afc tukrish on Yesterday at 09:14:56 pm »
Finding out today that number 11 grandchild is due in December.

First eleven properly recruited, just need a few subs, El Tel...
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Egyptian36 on Yesterday at 09:13:00 pm »
The odd thing about this is that Klopp’s set such high standards that this dip in form is taken so badly by the fan base. We operate at such a high level that there’s apparently no tolerance for anything other than fillet steak. Kind of odd how Klopp’s being judged against such cripplingly high expectations.

Shows how genius Klopp is and how much he overachived. Such a shame he is against cheats and the corrupted PGMOL.
Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by Terry de Niro on Yesterday at 09:12:54 pm »

He knows you know - Marillion
Know Who You Are - Slade
The Boozer / Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Last post by Terry de Niro on Yesterday at 09:11:52 pm »
Finding out today that number 11 grandchild is due in December.
I forfeit the last game prof, I don't want my boys out there.  >:(
MTJ is genuinely unhinged. She's never happy; she's always angry;; and even her own colleagues despise her. But she's in a safe red district and her supporters don't give a shit. At least Boebart won't be around much longer.

All Greene wants is attention and notoriety. It's just a question of how much of her own batshit lunacy she believes. I'm guessing all of it. As long as it gets her sect control of the GOP, she'll say anything.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by ScottishGoon on Yesterday at 09:09:43 pm »
According to a planet football article I saw on it from this year, Arsenal's cost around £720m, while Liverpool's cost £660m. So the difference isn't huge to be fair.

But like I always say on here, what rankles with me is that we earned being able to spend what we did - not necessarily just by selling players, but also by doing well and building the success from 2016-2019. And we're a bigger club than Arsenal to start with.

For years and years, Arsenal did zilch in the league, didn't qualify for the CL, spent fortunes on shite that ended up going for very little, and yet suddenly here they are outspending us constantly. Now linked with Isak and Oliseh for probably £160m without selling anyone.

I know you always argue that it's a different approach from the owners - the Kroenkes are happy to go for it a bit, while FSG are much more run to a formula designed to break even and not take risks. And that's all fine to say, but it doesn't half feel a bit unfair to be constantly overpowered in the market by a team who were shite for years while we were getting everything right.

I get your frustration. The problem you had, was your revenues were rising but at the same time your costs, especially you wages, were rising at a similar level because you were being successful, meaning for a club that was set on breaking even you didn’t have massive wiggle room, so your sales helped fund some spend.

Our revenues were at a lower level but so were our outgoings, to the point we actually had actually cut the wage bill at one point. But you are right, at 1 point KSE became a bit more flexible in absorbing some losses, obviously the Covid affected seasons make these losses even more inflated. I think the accounts showed we borrowed an extra £41M from KSE last season, so about enough to cover a standard transfer.

However, we are at the point where with our ‘limited success’ our revenues will go up, but at the same time so will our wage bill. So will be interesting to see the transfer strategy going forward, because they always say this is a temporary measure, it’s all being done with a view to returning to a self sustaining model.
Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by Boston Bosox on Yesterday at 09:08:23 pm »
Tomorrow Never Knows - The Beatles

He knows you know - Marillion
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]