Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’
« Last post by johnathank on Today at 02:16:07 am »
Alisson made the most passes by a goalkeeper in Europa league or Champions League history with 94.

Sums up the performance
Jurgen must be as mystified as we are. There is no way he would ever tell this team to play this way. What is going on?
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by coolbyrne on Today at 02:12:23 am »
But Amorim is inheriting a Liverpool team that will have the season before, won/challenged for the title. Arteta took over Arsenal when we were in 11th place the league in December, and hadn't been in the top 4 for the past three seasons. Amorim is coming into a much better space than Arteta.

Thats why I give Arteta some good faith in at least the first two full years, as he inherited a shit show with rubbish players on stupid wages. Fans like to gaslight on Unai Emery and say we should never have sacked him, yet they dont know Emery signed Pepe, convinced the club to give insane wages to keep Ozil and PEA (who in turn, took the piss once they signed the contract). Emery loaded up with 'problem' players like Torriera, Ghendouzi. We basically had a squad full of pisstakers. This is why I got triggered when you suggested Arsenal would be better off with Emery than Arteta. Because Arteta spent the first two years cleaning the shit stains Emery left. Arteta convinced the club to terminate the contracts of Ozil and PEA. Arteta sold players like Torriera, Ghendouzi on the cheap simply to get rid of them. Arteta ushered in new standards and a new culture. Arteta raised the standards. Not that Spanish prick currently at Villa.

So whilst Arteta has been here 4 and a half seasons. the first two he spent on the cleanup. The first season I felt he really had a squad molded in his own image was the 21-22 team, where we finished 5th. Bult around a teenage Saka, Martinelli and a newly signed Odegaard. That was the year we got rid of PEA and Arteta basically said no more piss take. The next season was 22-23 were we competed for the title to everyone surprise. And now where we are again. deep into the season, level with Klopp, and two of Pep.

If we sacked Arteta, and he went to Chelsea or Man United. He would have them competing for the league inside 24 months.

Arsenal fans who want Arteta out, and just like the French who collaborated with their invaders in the early 1940's. They are saboteurs.

I've suspected for a while that this was a troll/sock puppet account, but now I'm certain of it.  :lmao
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Passmaster Molby on Today at 02:04:15 am »
He’s playing like he has already been told he is leaving this summer and not getting a new contract. He looks a shadow of his normal self, the drop off is incredible.
News and Current Affairs / Re: Brexit. the Con continues
« Last post by oldfordie on Today at 01:51:37 am »
For the last time -

Hard Brexit = out of the single market and customs union.
Labour policy = out of the single market and customs union.

I'll leave it at that because it's a basic fact tha-Customs ut you seemingly won't accept so any further discussion is pointless.
You want to claim any deal Starmer makes with the EU shows he wants a hard Brexit as he refuses to argue we should join the single market and customs union. we all know he history 2016-2020 on what took us here, we all know why Labour cant argue to re-join the Single market right now. 

Brexit has evolved
You can't judge Brexit like that now. you can't class every EU deal all the same as it makes no difference, every deal is a hard Brexit as we are out of the SM+CU, that tells us nothing.

It's about being able to judge how soft or hard we want Brexit to be now until we re-join the SM+CU.
It's about being able to judge and show the difference between a ERG Hard Brexit relationship with the EU and Labours softer Brexit relationship.

Ive explained this as well, the more EU rules and regulations we agree too the more the trade barriers come down, more reliable, more cheaper. less red tape= more trade with the EU and growth. that's a softer type Brexit compared to the other end of the scale, the ERGs perfect Brexit, no EU regulations, red tape increases, costs go up for UK company's, less reliable,= less trade with the EU, Growth stagnates even further, that's a hard Brexit.

Starmers Labour never put us in this mess, he has to clean it all up.

Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by G Richards on Today at 01:50:13 am »
Great player for years for us and still our most reliable source of goals. But obviously he is past peak. How fast is the decline? Hard to say. His recent injury layoff complicates it a bit, as some of what we are witnessing right now is a player coming back from injury, and looking to find a step as he trusts his body again, while also shaking off a bit of rustiness. Still, the overall backdrop is a declining player.

Edwards gets paid the big bucks to know when to make the decisions on this sort of thing. He, along with Hughes, will have all the data and info at their fingertips, and will have an informed view on what to do. And of course the player has agency in all this, as he has another year on his contract.

Personally I would sell, to the highest bidder, likely to be the Saudis, but it remains to be seen if Mo wants to do that.

The new manager can reinvest the funds as he shapes his team.
The Boozer / Re: Schools
« Last post by kesey on Today at 01:48:02 am »
That is one of the reasons why religious schools should be banned. Schools should be left to educate children about the various religions. If parents want their kids to be indoctrinated, it should be done outside of the school day.

Nothing wrong with schools that are ' religious ' . I was born into a Catholic family and went to a Church of England school. It served me well as I could count me rosary beads and bang the drum at the same time.
So we're interchangeable because we're level on points, then you go on and list all the reasons Liverpool is different. Can't be both.

I don't know where we'll end up next year. I'd say the same if Klopp was still in charge. Teams change, players come and go and we have to adapt to those changes every single season. Either we get better, get worse, or stay the same. This isn't a stagnant computer game where nothing changes, even if it appears nothing has changed. The problem appears to be -to those of us on the outside of Arsenal- that Arteta has had multiple chances to take you to the next level and hasn't. There is no 'next level' with Amorim. We've already won the league. We've won Champions League. What is the next level for Liverpool? Do I think or expect Amorim to win us every title, every trophy (which is the only way he'd take Liverpool to the next level)? No. I hope he sustains. I hope he deals with the changes that inevitably happen and continues to have us challenging. But, if after 5 years of rebuild and £500m spent we find ourselves failing time and time again, I would also hope our owners would understand we need a different manager.

And to answer your question, I expect us to battle for top 4 next year. But I also think we'll finish above Arsenal. So you tell me where that puts your team.

But Amorim is inheriting a Liverpool team that will have the season before, won/challenged for the title. Arteta took over Arsenal when we were in 11th place the league in December, and hadn't been in the top 4 for the past three seasons. Amorim is coming into a much better space than Arteta.

Thats why I give Arteta some good faith in at least the first two full years, as he inherited a shit show with rubbish players on stupid wages. Fans like to gaslight on Unai Emery and say we should never have sacked him, yet they dont know Emery signed Pepe, convinced the club to give insane wages to keep Ozil and PEA (who in turn, took the piss once they signed the contract). Emery loaded up with 'problem' players like Torriera, Ghendouzi. We basically had a squad full of pisstakers. This is why I got triggered when you suggested Arsenal would be better off with Emery than Arteta. Because Arteta spent the first two years cleaning the shit stains Emery left. Arteta convinced the club to terminate the contracts of Ozil and PEA. Arteta sold players like Torriera, Ghendouzi on the cheap simply to get rid of them. Arteta ushered in new standards and a new culture. Arteta raised the standards. Not that Spanish prick currently at Villa.

So whilst Arteta has been here 4 and a half seasons. the first two he spent on the cleanup. The first season I felt he really had a squad molded in his own image was the 21-22 team, where we finished 5th. Bult around a teenage Saka, Martinelli and a newly signed Odegaard. That was the year we got rid of PEA and Arteta basically said no more piss take. The next season was 22-23 were we competed for the title to everyone surprise. And now where we are again. deep into the season, level with Klopp, and two of Pep.

If we sacked Arteta, and he went to Chelsea or Man United. He would have them competing for the league inside 24 months.

Arsenal fans who want Arteta out, and just like the French who collaborated with their invaders in the early 1940's. They are saboteurs.

Are you saying i'm a visionary mate? Am I in the same bracket as Prof and Gullit?

No-one is in the same bracket as Prof and Gullit!
Darwin Nunez was fed crumbs when he came on. The whole team didn’t create anything in the second half.

The plus and minus points for him have been done to death. He scores goals and gets assists. He also misses too many. Of course all strikers miss chances, but Nunez misses more than he should. He is fast, strong, and causes defenders problems. If he stays as is, he’s a solid enough player but there is an understandable longing for better, especially given the strikers we’ve had over the years. But not so fast. Maybe Nunez will kick on a bit more with playing regularly and being a main man in a post-Salah world.

And it remains to be seen what sort of tune the new manager will get out of him.

Definitely keep, for me.
anyone still actually believe we can do it!

Of course we can.

As someone said on another page, Liverpool haven’t scored from open play since 4th April.

Then we'll gladly take six 1-0 wins, all penalties, from now until the end of the season.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10