Author Topic: FA cup tickets stolen.  (Read 104065 times)

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
FA cup tickets stolen.
« on: May 5, 2006, 08:43:11 pm »
Liverpool Football Club tonight warned fans not to buy FA Cup final tickets on the black market after revealing a quantity of tickets were among items stolen from a Royal Mail van in Liverpool.    
A club spokesman said: "The theft occurred this afternoon and we will have a better idea of exactly how many tickets have been taken tomorrow.

"However, all tickets had been sent by special delivery so we will have an exact record of the individual seat numbers.

"Consequently, we urge our supporters not to buy tickets from unauthorised sources as they run the risk of not being allowed into the Millennium Stadium and of being arrested for being in possession of stolen property.

"We will be working over the weekend to identify the missing tickets."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152274060505-2034.htm
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
Re: FA cup tickets stolen.
« Reply #1 on: May 5, 2006, 08:44:13 pm »
Fucking c*nts.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #2 on: May 5, 2006, 08:46:14 pm »
oh fuck, this happens seemingly every time we get to a final, daft really as they can be identified. also, Millenium said there would be no duplicates, could mean empty spaces in our end :(

Offline killer1971

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3 on: May 5, 2006, 08:48:06 pm »
I've not had mine delivered yet so I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the heist  :no

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #4 on: May 5, 2006, 08:54:56 pm »
this is why i didnt want to buy on the phones/ internet. Hope everyone gets there tickets.

Offline liamo3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • MacKenzie you LIAR!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 5, 2006, 09:06:27 pm »
oh fuck, this happens seemingly every time we get to a final, daft really as they can be identified. also, Millenium said there would be no duplicates, could mean empty spaces in our end :(

Or could mean that they will use ballot allocation to replace stolen tickets

I told you about the tractor doing the pillar box 2001 and all the tickets had off, now they hitting the vans, what next, guns in the T O window.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 5, 2006, 09:06:56 pm »
knowing the c*nts in the TO they'll now trun around and say

"sorry, the milennium stadium said no duplicate tickets!!"

And knowing them.. they would

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #7 on: May 5, 2006, 09:07:09 pm »
think they will have to produce duplicates now!
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline J-PH

• I wanna take you to a Gay Bar, Gay Bar.
  • Legacy Fan
  • www.spiritofshankly.com
« Reply #8 on: May 5, 2006, 09:15:57 pm »
Shocking.

Hope everyone gets sorted but if you dont, I have come into several spares early this evening...

I do not have any spares, it was a joke.  An obvious joke that many didnt get.  Stop IMing me!  On the other hand if yer offerin spares...
« Last Edit: May 7, 2006, 12:01:48 am by J-PH »

Offline jwill2127

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp is the man
« Reply #9 on: May 5, 2006, 09:17:45 pm »
Its not funny mate, some of us are desperate!!
Our support since 2005 is f@@@@@ @@@@

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 5, 2006, 09:20:11 pm »
Shocking.

Hope everyone gets sorted but if you dont, I have come into several spares early this evening...

;D

I really don't think people will be refused duplicates for this. Probably just ask you to arrange collection from Liverpool or something.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #11 on: May 5, 2006, 09:20:32 pm »
Wonder where it happened? If it's a van collecting from the TO there will be thousands of them. Bloody nightmare.

Can't see them issuing duplicates whatever the reason. They won't want to be arguing at the turnstiles over who has a legit ticket and who has a stolen one, would imagine they'll just want to write those tickets off as stolen and get Cardiff to deal with it.

That just leaves what to do with the people who have had their tickets nicked. Does the club just refund their cash and leave them ticketless, or does it use the tickets yet to be allocated and make sure they can get in?

I know what's the fairest thing to do, assuming that they won't issue duplicates, and that's use the unallocated tickets. The fact that they say they'll be working over the weekend to identify the tickets would indicate that they're going to do that.

Bollocks  :no
Legacy fan

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #12 on: May 5, 2006, 09:22:54 pm »
depends how many there are, if there is thousands would imagine duplicates will have to be made.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #13 on: May 5, 2006, 09:23:39 pm »
wither that or the TO just realise this to put fans off from paying over the odds, and really there are no stolen tickets.

Online stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: May 5, 2006, 09:29:01 pm »
If tickets have been stolen, then Cardiff will have to issue duplicates. They CHOOSE not to, rather than because they physically can't. But that is because the system has been abused in recent years. I'm sure for stolen tickets they will re-issue.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #15 on: May 5, 2006, 09:33:00 pm »
The club said that you couldn't get tickets duplicated for the Ataturk last season and I know several people that managed to get them at the stadium after being fucked off by the T/O. IMO its a a smokescreen by the club to stop people by tickets from touts.

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #16 on: May 5, 2006, 09:35:28 pm »
Yeah definitely a smokescreen they always seem to come out with this story in the lead up to a Cup Final.

Offline PhilB

• or not PhilB? That is the question...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 5, 2006, 09:37:18 pm »
Its bollocks, it happens everytime there is a big game or does it. Liverpool will just be trying to put people off buying from unofficial sources but it wont work

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #18 on: May 5, 2006, 09:40:08 pm »
If it isn't true it's a bit fucking harsh on the people who are waiting for their tickets to be delivered and the TO are in for a battering tomorrow from people ringing up to see if their tickets are in the "stolen" batch.

If it is true and they do release duplicates what will they do to ensure the people with the stolen ones don't get in? Make people take their fancards?
Legacy fan

Offline liamo3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 5, 2006, 09:42:59 pm »

That just leaves what to do with the people who have had their tickets nicked. Does the club just refund their cash and leave them ticketless, or does it use the tickets yet to be allocated and make sure they can get in?

I know what's the fairest thing to do, assuming that they won't issue duplicates, and that's use the unallocated tickets. The fact that they say they'll be working over the weekend to identify the tickets would indicate that they're going to do that.

Bollocks  :no

I had a mention of that above but no way they could not do that to you guys.....or could they?

Fucking thinking now of TO consiricy theories redsky 1 "was the van really stolen by the scallies or was that Michelle from customer service wearing the balaclava" tune in and listen to our eye witness accounts of what really happened.

Reporter:
Crouchino you were phoning the TO on the 8th of May to find out about the ballot what story
have you for us.

Crouchino:
Well after 1 or 2 calls to try & find out if I was successful or not the TO could not give me any info on the ballot whatsoever....

But we at  redsky 1 checked Crouchino's phone records and on that date discovered that it was not just 1 or 2 calls but hundreds maybe even more was he involved? was he & Michelle secretly setting us up tune don't miss this coming Monday...
I told you about the tractor doing the pillar box 2001 and all the tickets had off, now they hitting the vans, what next, guns in the T O window.

Offline 1896

• Main Stander
« Reply #20 on: May 5, 2006, 09:45:18 pm »
I think there's definitely a problem somewhere within the ticket office and some people are gonna be disappointed, so they fabricate a rather believable story to pass the buck and cover there own arses.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #21 on: May 5, 2006, 09:46:07 pm »
:lmao @ liamo

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #22 on: May 5, 2006, 09:47:16 pm »
I think there's definitely a problem somewhere within the ticket office and some people are gonna be disappointed, so they fabricate a rather believable story to pass the buck and cover there own arses.

check your years ;)

Offline alllan

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23 on: May 5, 2006, 09:49:04 pm »
If it isn't true it's a bit fucking harsh on the people who are waiting for their tickets to be delivered and the TO are in for a battering tomorrow from people ringing up to see if their tickets are in the "stolen" batch.

If it is true and they do release duplicates what will they do to ensure the people with the stolen ones don't get in? Make people take their fancards?

Print the re-prints on a different colour ticket? That way it should be easy to tell who bought the stolen one if 2 people are fighting for 1 seat inside the ground?
"Luis Garcia was on to it in a flash. The striker still had 40 yards to goal, but anyone who saw Liverpool beating Juventus last season knew what would happen next."

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Bob Paisley 10 years gone but not forgotten
« Reply #24 on: May 5, 2006, 09:49:56 pm »
never forget the 96....... justice   www.contrast.org/hillsborough

NO GAME ON APRIL THE 15th please write to

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline 5starchampions

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25 on: May 5, 2006, 09:50:26 pm »
I remember hearing somethin similar before the super cup game in august. a load of bollocks if you ask me.

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #26 on: May 5, 2006, 09:50:41 pm »
And people wonder why some of us prefer to put our selves out and go get the tickets in person....
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Crouchinho

• Main Stander
  • "We are the real people's club"
« Reply #27 on: May 5, 2006, 09:50:46 pm »
Print the re-prints on a different colour ticket? That way it should be easy to tell who bought the stolen one if 2 people are fighting for 1 seat inside the ground?

yeh thats same idea i have.  different colour with a different code on ticket or something to distinguish between the stolen and real ones.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #28 on: May 5, 2006, 09:51:12 pm »
All jokin aside - in this case as the tickets are stolen I really think they will issue duplicates - Surely production of fan card will suffice
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #29 on: May 5, 2006, 09:51:30 pm »

Going to be a nightmare though isn't it? Be a lot of very pissed off people at the turnstiles.

If this is true and not a bit of TO mindgames anyone who buys off a tout now is a nutcase.
Legacy fan

Offline 1896

• Main Stander
« Reply #30 on: May 5, 2006, 09:51:59 pm »

Offline liamo3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 5, 2006, 09:56:42 pm »
all jokin aside alright since I bought my tickets on Thursday u can nearly guarantee mine are gone in that van but u got to love murfs story of the tractor and the pillar box what a way to do it class a Tractor, I fuckin love u scousers :lmao

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #32 on: May 5, 2006, 09:58:24 pm »
all jokin aside alright since I bought my tickets on Thursday u can nearly guarantee mine are gone in that van but u got to love murfs story of the tractor and the pillar box what a way to do it class a Tractor, I fuckin love u scousers :lmao

The tractor was probably a wool, don't see many tractors on the streets of Liverpool  :D

A JCB would have been scousers  ;)
Legacy fan

Offline liamo3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: May 5, 2006, 10:00:33 pm »
The tractor was probably a wool, don't see many tractors on the streets of Liverpool  :D

A JCB would have been scousers  ;)

:lmao.......stop please fuckin stop....  :lmao

Offline Paul Ando

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Back Anfield Arnie.
« Reply #34 on: May 5, 2006, 10:02:29 pm »
Going to be a nightmare though isn't it? Be a lot of very pissed off people at the turnstiles.

If this is true and not a bit of TO mindgames anyone who buys off a tout now is a nutcase.

But it just means theres more tickets floating about, on top of fakes aswell. i imagine ther'll be tickets flying about everywhere on the day.
***** BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA!*****

Offline fru

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 5, 2006, 10:05:29 pm »
These tickets were sent special delivery. This is a very secure way of sending post and envelopes don't just sit round in open vans. Sounds like a load of rubbish to me, though saying that I ordered mine on Wednesday and still no sign.

Offline Paul Ando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 5, 2006, 10:09:46 pm »
These tickets were sent special delivery. This is a very secure way of sending post and envelopes don't just sit round in open vans. Sounds like a load of rubbish to me, though saying that I ordered mine on Wednesday and still no sign.

Why would they invent this 'load of rubbish'? Nothing but bad publicity can be gained. Unless there tryin to score us another few thousand tickets, from the toffs who have no interest in either club?

Offline fru

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 5, 2006, 10:12:18 pm »
Why would they invent this 'load of rubbish'? Nothing but bad publicity can be gained. Unless there tryin to score us another few thousand tickets, from the toffs who have no interest in either club?

They'd invent it to try and stop people buying tickets off the black market. Especially with all that talk of being arrested for being in possesion of stolen property.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2006, 10:14:12 pm by fru »

Offline Paul Ando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 5, 2006, 10:15:41 pm »
If anything it's going to make people try harder as they'll know theres (apparantly) more tickets knocking about. We'll know if it makes the local news later, if not perhaps the club are attempting to stop them changing hands.

Online stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39 on: May 5, 2006, 10:18:18 pm »

Why?

The tickets are not bar-coded so there is no way of 'stopping' the stolen ones (unless they hand-check every single ticket against a list of stolen ones, which they will not do). Anyone holding a stolen one will still get into the ground. The only problem which could arise is that if two people are in the same seat and one calls over a steward to settle the dispue, then the one with the duplicate will obviously take preference. Basically, if you purchase a ticket from an unofficial source and someone else has the same seat, then don't cause a fuss. Just mingle inconspicuously.