Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3440066 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..
« Reply #39600 on: January 9, 2020, 11:43:57 pm »
Net spend of about £60m for this summer between the wages slashed through loans/releases/sales, they didn't shell out anywhere near as much as they needed to. the squad was in crisis mode for all to see in the summer in the midfield position, striker too, and never bought anyone despite everyone clamouring for it all summer. To me it looks like they just want out now and don't want to shell out before it happens
I don't dispute that you know more about your club than I, but just wondering whether that was really down to the Glazers refusing to spend? Or other reasons, like the manager not finding suitable targets or targets not agreeing to join etc.

And even if the owners are feeling more circumspect about spending, does that really equate to wanting to get out? I don't know; suspect it will be an interesting next year or so. Just pray you don't get bought out by that MBS scumbag who is reportedly circling...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #39601 on: January 10, 2020, 02:49:04 am »
I don't dispute that you know more about your club than I, but just wondering whether that was really down to the Glazers refusing to spend? Or other reasons, like the manager not finding suitable targets or targets not agreeing to join etc.

And even if the owners are feeling more circumspect about spending, does that really equate to wanting to get out? I don't know; suspect it will be an interesting next year or so. Just pray you don't get bought out by that MBS scumbag who is reportedly circling...

Haven't they spent like 800 million since Fergie left or something like that?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39602 on: January 10, 2020, 03:53:20 am »
Net spend of about £60m for this summer between the wages slashed through loans/releases/sales, they didn't shell out anywhere near as much as they needed to. the squad was in crisis mode for all to see in the summer in the midfield position, striker too, and never bought anyone despite everyone clamouring for it all summer. To me it looks like they just want out now and don't want to shell out before it happens

What about McTominay and Pogba?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #39603 on: January 10, 2020, 04:53:30 am »

They can along with the blue mancs still outspend everyone else in the country.

This may still be slightly true, but certainly not on the same scale as 5-10 years ago:

Increased interest payments and debt
No CL - costs more to get good players
Waning international fan base - see the article about Japan
Payoffs to ex-managers, and players like Sanchez
Needed repairs to stadium
owners taking increased dividend cuts
fan protests
other clubs getting tv money and being able to up their own spending power.

They have some serious issues. I predict Maquire and Wan-Bissaka might be their last big splurges for a while; they will be going the youth/potential direction. Its cheaper and provides manager and club an easy excuse for results.

I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39604 on: January 10, 2020, 08:11:49 am »
This may still be slightly true, but certainly not on the same scale as 5-10 years ago:

Increased interest payments and debt
No CL - costs more to get good players
Waning international fan base - see the article about Japan
Payoffs to ex-managers, and players like Sanchez
Needed repairs to stadium
owners taking increased dividend cuts
fan protests
other clubs getting tv money and being able to up their own spending power.

They have some serious issues. I predict Maquire and Wan-Bissaka might be their last big splurges for a while; they will be going the youth/potential direction. Its cheaper and provides manager and club an easy excuse for results.

And yet despite all this, Ed Woodward continues to produce on the commercial side of the business.  Until there's a noticeable decline in that part of their business and the profits/stock price starts falling I don't think the Glazers would be overly concerned.  Worst case scenario they dilute some more of their ownership through an equity raise.

Offline burriana

• Kopite
  • Oh you beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #39605 on: January 10, 2020, 08:17:25 am »
And yet despite all this, Ed Woodward continues to produce on the commercial side of the business.  Until there's a noticeable decline in that part of their business and the profits/stock price starts falling I don't think the Glazers would be overly concerned.  Worst case scenario they dilute some more of their ownership through an equity raise.

They’ve already said that no CL this year will knock £50-60m off revenue. No CL next year means their kit supplier will pay them £25m less next year plus they’ll miss out on another £50-60m. Even a financial powerhouse like Utd will notice those sort of hits. Wouldn’t be surprised if we’re financially above them in a year or two.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39606 on: January 10, 2020, 08:34:13 am »
glazers so obviously waiting for a buyer. we could lose 10-0 at Anfield and Ole wouldn't be sacked because they basically don't want anything to do with the club now

But Ferguson spoke always well about Glazers, and he stated many times about their good relationship.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39607 on: January 10, 2020, 08:41:15 am »
And yet despite all this, Ed Woodward continues to produce on the commercial side of the business. 

Has he actually done anything to result in this though? Or has he just been in charge at a time when TV revenue has hit the roof? To my knowledge it is the latter, I just don't think the Glazer's know enough about the Club or football to realise.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #39608 on: January 10, 2020, 08:48:27 am »
cause they can't go on not buying a midfielder while the entire club/press/fans bay for it and hound them, and they can't go on not backing the manager without having to fork out to sack the manager eventually. I think they hope to get out before the summer without having to invest big in January or payout on sacking Ole

Be careful what you wish for with that. Given the value of the club, and the debt structure, it is reasonable to assume only bigger vulture capitalists than the Glazers would be able to afford the deal.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #39610 on: January 10, 2020, 09:14:41 am »
The only and it's a big one advantage they have to us in the 90's is money. They can along with the blue mancs still outspend everyone else in the country.
They may have more money, but we outspent them on transfers in the Premier League era if I recall.

Even if they do get back to being stable, I think we would still be able to compete with them on transfers at least.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
cause they can't go on not buying a midfielder while the entire club/press/fans bay for it and hound them, and they can't go on not backing the manager without having to fork out to sack the manager eventually. I think they hope to get out before the summer without having to invest big in January or payout on sacking Ole
Not sure where your logic is coming from there Tony but none of that implies they're selling up, that's just bad planning and weak leadership.

And the net spend argument doesn't wash around here mate especially not from mancs who loved nothing better than to ridicule us for it for years. 

We outspent you for decades just like you've outspent pretty much everyone since fergie left but if it's not spent wisely, it's just spending for spendings sake

Earning millions, year on year, from a business they have no interest in, that costs them nothing personally, not even their time, why would they sell?

It's not like they're grafting 80hrs a week, fighting to keep the place running or where a quick profit would be welcome.

Think yourselves lucky you're not having to orchestrate an international, internet terrorist campaign to prevent the club ceasing to exist, although you do seem to have got your very own Roy Hodgson. 

Difference is, yours is a club legend and therefore untouchable, for now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39612 on: January 10, 2020, 10:53:28 am »
Guardian football
16 mins ·
Manchester United believed earlier in the week that Maguire would be out for a prolonged period because of the severity of the problem yet he is determined to play. "He’s a warrior. At half-time [of Saturday’s draw with Wolves] he was feeling discomfort," said Solskjær. "But he was close to playing against [Manchester] City, just not fit enough, but he’s got a chance now.”

Brave Harry 'Warrior' Maguire
bollocks

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39613 on: January 10, 2020, 10:55:12 am »
Risking further injury in the battle for 6th seems really dumb

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #39614 on: January 10, 2020, 11:14:54 am »
HES A WORRIER.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39615 on: January 10, 2020, 12:05:44 pm »
Has he actually done anything to result in this though? Or has he just been in charge at a time when TV revenue has hit the roof? To my knowledge it is the latter, I just don't think the Glazer's know enough about the Club or football to realise.

They have a huge amount of sponsors and global partners, they got that huge deal off Adidas, they got sponsorship for the training ground, they sell an insane amount of Merchandise, there are always loads of tourists every day of the week doing the tour, spending money in the megastore etc. Commercially they have been the benchmark for as long as I remember and they continue to be strong on that side.

On the pitch, they are back to what they were before Fergie rocked up ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #39616 on: January 10, 2020, 12:36:29 pm »
So Klopp wins the December manager of the month award.

I know we only make up about 10% of the final vote but Ole can't even win when we're voting for him as well!  ;D

Offline itsalltosh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #39619 on: January 10, 2020, 12:49:29 pm »

Nah, don't see it. They could quite easily float the entire club if they wanted out, or bring in a partner. Or a mixture of the two.

Plus you've still got good cash flow, so access to money doesn't appear to be an issue. Spending it well has been a big issue for years now though. Let's not forget your squad cost and wage bill is one of the highest in the world, and has consistently been for a long time now.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39620 on: January 10, 2020, 12:50:39 pm »
So Klopp wins the December manager of the month award.

I know we only make up about 10% of the final vote but Ole can't even win when we're voting for him as well!  ;D

Fucks sake, I even switched from wifi to 4g so I could vote twice for the useless c*nt ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39621 on: January 10, 2020, 12:53:31 pm »
No point being able to outspend other clubs if you insist on buying dross and offering huge salaries to players who are past it.

And any player even willing to consider United would not be a player Klopp would want anyway.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39622 on: January 10, 2020, 12:58:37 pm »
No point being able to outspend other clubs if you insist on buying dross and offering huge salaries to players who are past it.

And any player even willing to consider United would not be a player Klopp would want anyway.

Their wages are ridiculous - Rashford on about £10 million a season - why? Its not like he is an in demand player, Lingard, Martial the same. As for De Gea, no-one was bashing their door down to sign him yet they gave him a massive salary, meanwhile we get a better keeper on a free from West Ham ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39623 on: January 10, 2020, 12:59:45 pm »
Let's not forget your squad cost and wage bill is one of the highest in the world, and has consistently been for a long time now.

And yet a M Utd supporting friend consistently maintains that not spending enough is the reason for their decline.

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39624 on: January 10, 2020, 01:00:59 pm »
And yet a M Utd supporting friend consistently maintains that not spending enough is the reason for their decline.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39625 on: January 10, 2020, 01:03:18 pm »

Is that them training for next week?

"Only McSauce and Greenwood are allowed lube"

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39626 on: January 10, 2020, 01:10:43 pm »
Has Solskjaer explained why Rashford was captain for the League Cup game?  He doesn't seem to tick many of the boxes; Leader? No. Experienced? No.  Superstar? No.  De Gea or even Jones and Lingard would have been more obvious.

When I first saw him with the armband my first thought was that they're preempting Raiola trying to sign him up and then agitate for a transfer out.  With Pogba already firmly in that camp and Rashford's bezzie Lingard doing likewise it's not a big leap to think Rashford would be the next one.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39627 on: January 10, 2020, 01:15:01 pm »
Guardian football
16 mins ·
Manchester United believed earlier in the week that Maguire would be out for a prolonged period because of the severity of the problem yet he is determined to play. "He’s a warrior. At half-time [of Saturday’s draw with Wolves] he was feeling discomfort," said Solskjær. "But he was close to playing against [Manchester] City, just not fit enough, but he’s got a chance now.”

Brave Harry 'Warrior' Maguire
It sounds like their sports science/physio department isn't up to scratch.
Lots of players getting injured, people not knowing the extent of injuries, players being played despite not being fully fit, Pogba taking advice from 'his people' rather than the club etc.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #39628 on: January 10, 2020, 01:17:10 pm »

The whole clubs seems to be in a complete mess. From scouting and transfers, to contract renewals, to the medical dept.

What you need to sort that out is an inexperienced manager...  ??? ::)

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39629 on: January 10, 2020, 01:17:15 pm »
Has Solskjaer explained why Rashford was captain for the League Cup game?  He doesn't seem to tick many of the boxes; Leader? No. Experienced? No.  Superstar? No.  De Gea or even Jones and Lingard would have been more obvious.

When I first saw him with the armband my first thought was that they're preempting Raiola trying to sign him up and then agitate for a transfer out.  With Pogba already firmly in that camp and Rashford's bezzie Lingard doing likewise it's not a big leap to think Rashford would be the next one.
I think they took the captaincy (or vice captaincy?) from De Gea after he complained about them being shit in a post match interview.
One of their big problems is that they have no obvious leaders or candidates for the captaincy.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39630 on: January 10, 2020, 01:18:20 pm »
The whole clubs seems to be in a complete mess. From scouting and transfers, to contract renewals, to the medical dept.

I bet you can't even get a decent brew in the canteen.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39631 on: January 10, 2020, 01:33:16 pm »
I think they took the captaincy (or vice captaincy?) from De Gea after he complained about them being shit in a post match interview.
One of their big problems is that they have no obvious leaders or candidates for the captaincy.

And gave it to a new signing in Maguire. It's hilarious given how poor he's been

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
Lots of players getting injured, people not knowing the extent of injuries, players being played despite not being fully fit, Pogba taking advice from 'his people' rather than the club etc.
If this is the injury he picked up in cup game v Wolves, he was clearly struggling from the first half onwards. The commentators mentioned it a few times. The sensible thing would have been to take him off. Jones seemed to have been warming up for most of the match. However, because he's 'a warrior' he struggled on to the end which seems to have made the injury worse. 

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #39633 on: January 10, 2020, 02:17:40 pm »

Yep. They really are a shambles in basically every department- even at management level. It seems a daunting prospect, but an exceptional manager OR a just a very good DoF would sort it out.

United are stuck in the past and as long as they are there, it's not going to be good for them. They talked about a DoF setup before the Ole appointment and I'm unsure if Ferguson would want a DoF, so maybe he's holding them back? I'm also not so sure about Woodward... he seems like a Purslow-type- someone who wants to decide who to buy and sell, so would he sit well with a DoF?

One thing I do know- as long as he is there, there can be no real improvement for them.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 02:35:03 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
Phil Jones for captain against us please.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39635 on: January 10, 2020, 03:34:34 pm »

And by all accounts the stadium !  I'd love to hear Andy Tate's view on that for a laugh

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #39636 on: January 10, 2020, 03:37:46 pm »
And by all accounts the stadium !  I'd love to hear Andy Tate's view on that for a laugh

I'm sure I read something fairly recently that the repairs required at OT are going to cost around £15m-£20m. Can't remember where I saw it now, I'll have to try and find it.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39637 on: January 10, 2020, 04:16:08 pm »
Anyone remember this?
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-latest-cantona-solskjaer-15937174

Yeah- me neither.

If it were a 100 sprint, they'd have been disqualified...

At the time of writing, Solskjaer is still listed as 'caretaker manager'. A month ago, it would have been senseless to announce his full-time appointment but a succinct press release confirming his promotion is unlikely to cause the crest of a wave United are riding to crash. Astonishingly, United's season is no longer about challenging for fourth or derailing Liverpool's title tilt, but going for an FA Cup and Champions League double.

Next season, Solskjaer might aim for a Treble.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39638 on: January 10, 2020, 04:17:44 pm »

Sat like a vulture eyeing the longshot chance of being able to grab some of the entrails. Sadly, I think his chance has passed. Pity.

It's Pochettino's in the summer

Carrion Ole...

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39639 on: January 10, 2020, 04:22:14 pm »
Harry 'The Warrior' Maguire.