Author Topic: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here  (Read 495610 times)

Offline SeanAxion

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here
« Reply #1120 on: September 9, 2011, 03:13:51 am »
I kind of feel like i do know him.... seen him around when we were kids.. probably cos we used to wait outside his house... But more than that he reminds me of the best of my fathers, brothers and uncles.

How many do you have?  ;)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: September 9, 2011, 06:53:46 am »
Can't believe the bullish*t spin the Mirror's David Maddock used to write his "column" seriously he's getting paid for this hack journalism claiming "Kenny blasts Capello over Carroll's lifestyle comments".

Its not even bad journalism, its slander.

We all know how easy it is for Kenny to show up the press for being the repetative dumb ass idiots most of them are, but they now seem to want to do it all by themselves, because how anyone who has or does watch the full press conference could make any connection between it and that fairytale story written by David Maddock needs serious mental help.

I don't know about anyone else but I thought journalists had to provide proof to back up their work, and it was the job of their editors to check it.

I may be naive but Jesus Christ come on if I wanted gossip and rumours I'd go on twitter or buy heat. Then again I supposed they have to aim things at their target audience of semi-consious half-wits who think that reality TV is intellectually stimulating.

Oh and one last thing did I miss something or is it not universally excepted that Carroll cost us 35mil? I know LFC doesn't reveal what they spend but Maddock seems to have gone all SkySports in his value quoting 38mil!

Maddock probably included the £3m Liverpool got from Napoli for Lucas.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Dmode101

• Kopite
  • Being a reds fan is like match day, everyday.
« Reply #1122 on: September 9, 2011, 07:06:54 am »
Think carroll is a real threat to united and sky wh0res. thats why they need to milk to the last drop. I mean lashing out a quote from march?!

Watch out mofos. Carroll will be fit in time for the united clash. Just hope the players don't fall for the derby match trap a week before. You know when our ref gives a soft red again to our key players.
If you judge people for what they are not who they are, you will make genuine friends rather than friends of circumstance.

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #1123 on: September 9, 2011, 09:02:40 am »
I love his interviews. Every word he speaks makes you love the man more. He not only said right words about players who came in but also praised the Players which went out. Also liked how he complemented Stoke and Pullis for the work they have done since they come up.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-new-boys-are-ready
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #1124 on: September 9, 2011, 10:23:09 am »
Can't believe the bullish*t spin the Mirror's David Maddock used to write his "column" seriously he's getting paid for this hack journalism claiming "Kenny blasts Capello over Carroll's lifestyle comments".

We all know how easy it is for Kenny to show up the press for being the repetative dumb ass idiots most of them are, but they now seem to want to do it all by themselves, because how anyone who has or does watch the full press conference could make any connection between it and that fairytale story written by David Maddock needs serious mental help.

I don't know about anyone else but I thought journalists had to provide proof to back up their work, and it was the job of their editors to check it.

I may be naive but Jesus Christ come on if I wanted gossip and rumours I'd go on twitter or buy heat. Then again I supposed they have to aim things at their target audience of semi-consious half-wits who think that reality TV is intellectually stimulating.

Oh and one last thing did I miss something or is it not universally excepted that Carroll cost us 35mil? I know LFC doesn't reveal what they spend but Maddock seems to have gone all SkySports in his value quoting 38mil!

That is an absolute joke. He actually praised Capello and said that the press were full of shite. Unfortunately, not everyone watches the full press conference as we did.
Fuck'em. With quality info so freely around nowadays I haven't touched a paper for years.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1125 on: September 9, 2011, 10:32:00 am »
Very true.

The journo world like to go on about how Baconcheeks is the master of the presser and a "psychological genius" etc, but Kenny is even more astute than him AND he never has to resort to foul language or bullyboy tactics.  He's cool as fuck compared with Ginsoak's crude approach.

Purplenose is terrified of Kenny and anybody can see it.  Kenny's always had the upper hand against him.

As for the journos, well they're shitting it too, especially the Sky whores.  They hate us with a passion.  Tomorrow Kenny'll be telling Andy: "Dinnae bother wi'em, Andy.  Bollocks to 'em.  Go out there, enjoy y'game, d'stroy 'em!"
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: September 9, 2011, 10:48:24 am »
I love his interviews. Every word he speaks makes you love the man more. He not only said right words about players who came in but also praised the Players which went out. Also liked how he complemented Stoke and Pullis for the work they have done since they come up.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-new-boys-are-ready

How lucky we are to have a manager such as Kenny.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: September 9, 2011, 11:29:47 am »

Did you read beyond the headline? There's nothing slanderous (which refers to the spoken word by the way libel is the term used for printed lies) in there just a case of hyperbole which is typical of broadsheet reporting/headline writing. Maybe Maddock was a wee bit over the top describing Kenny's defence of Carroll as aggressive but it was certainly a robust response to the press who more or less forced Capello to answer insistent and leading questions about Andy's lifestyle.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1128 on: September 9, 2011, 01:07:19 pm »
I absolutely love Kenny.

For those of us too young to have witnessed some of the great managers of our past, I would argue that Kenny is our window to that past if you like, to the traditional ethos put in place by Shankly, to everything that set this club apart during that period.

Passion, charisma, class - and wit by the bucket-load.

Kenny has that rare ability to speak without saying a word. To command respect without demanding it.

If ever the term 'Legend' was warranted, it would be when describing this man.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2011, 03:50:29 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Mostar

• Video guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1129 on: September 9, 2011, 02:07:38 pm »
Kenny press conference

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-B2wffijHfk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-B2wffijHfk</a>
Member #1 of the Luis Suarez fan club
http://twitter.com/@LFCmostar

Offline kinkytones

• Anny Roader
  • Ta for the profile reset. Bellends
« Reply #1130 on: September 9, 2011, 02:11:08 pm »
I would love to see a head-to-head pre-match interview with Kenny and Slurgie. Kenny is just on another level. Oh and with Vinny O'Connor asking the questions :D
"Our purpose was to document the event" - Mossad agents arrested on 9/11 caught filming the attacks.

Offline red_dub

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1131 on: September 9, 2011, 02:17:37 pm »
If fergie says it it must be true.
That's quality!
“Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

Bill Shankly

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: September 10, 2011, 09:20:36 am »
I absolutely love Kenny.
^ ^ ^
Another interview which makes you listen intensely to every word.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: September 10, 2011, 09:22:14 am »

If Mr Alex Ferguson says it it must be true.
That's quality!
;D  The shrug of the shoulders and the response is classic Kenny.

Offline Refo

• ree! How art thee?!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: September 10, 2011, 09:51:43 am »
^ ^ ^
Another interview which makes you listen intensely to every word.

Otherwise you wont understand any of them :)
I'm liking this Refo-fella. Wanna adopt?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #1135 on: September 10, 2011, 10:01:13 am »
If Mr Alex Ferguson says it it must be true.
That's quality!

I love the fact he calls him 'F ergie' and not 'S ir Alex' !

Offline fox1977

• Anny Roader
    • freepremiershiponline.com
« Reply #1136 on: September 10, 2011, 10:07:10 am »
Another quality press conference by Dalglish.  Still looks delighted to be back there.

Just read the quote about Bellamy being a lot calmer now that he has given up golf! :-)
http://www.freepremiershiponline.com/ - guide to streaming football online

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: September 10, 2011, 11:17:24 am »
Another in a long list of classic Kenny press conferences! :lmao
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline DoogyRev

• Anny Roader
  • Bending it in left, right and center
« Reply #1138 on: September 10, 2011, 06:17:18 pm »
anyone got the detail on Kenny's post match interview .. i only half heard it on 5 live. .involved "got to talk to the owners etc etc"  .. not sure if it was related to the penalty incidents
Quote from: Dmode101 on December 21, 2011, 04:56:33 PM
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

this all ends with a loud "we willl never walk alone!" war cry from all the players1

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1139 on: September 10, 2011, 06:18:12 pm »
Kenny Dalglish makes me smile irrespective of the result.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1140 on: September 10, 2011, 06:21:28 pm »
Anyone got a link to the post-match press conference?
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1141 on: September 10, 2011, 06:53:00 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14866899.stm

Talking about speaking to the owners about a possible change in media strategy to be more "destructive", in light of very debatable decisions against us in each game we've played thus far.

Strong words from a clearly frustrated Kenny there and a little masked as well. Not quite sure where he's going with that to be honest.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 06:55:50 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #1142 on: September 10, 2011, 06:58:25 pm »
Not quite sure where he's going with that to be honest.

Putting pressure on certain people has worked for another club for years
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1143 on: September 10, 2011, 06:58:51 pm »
Kenny's right. The Mancs win things because they get in the face of the referee. About time we did the same.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #1144 on: September 10, 2011, 07:01:07 pm »
Kenny's right. The Mancs win things because they get in the face of the referee. About time we did the same.

They do plus a few other teams Chelsea and Arsenal
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1145 on: September 10, 2011, 07:01:20 pm »
Brilliant by Kenny. Absoloutely spot on. Some of our lot on here should take note.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1146 on: September 10, 2011, 07:01:47 pm »
It'll be interesting to see if Kenny's approach in interviews and press conferences changes from here anyway, in light of those comments.
Twitter | Blog

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1147 on: September 10, 2011, 07:02:37 pm »

Talking about speaking to the owners about a possible change in media strategy to be more "destructive", in light of very debatable decisions against us in each game we've played thus far.

Strong words from a clearly frustrated Kenny there and a little masked as well. Not quite sure where he's going with that to be honest.
Really?  I think its fairly clear that he is saying that he has tried to be respectful to the referees but got fuck all from it.  Other teams have not and have been given a free ride.  I dont think its that hard to see who he was pointing at either
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1148 on: September 10, 2011, 07:02:55 pm »

We are too soft. We are respectful and thats why referees feel they can get away with contencious decisions against us. Referees are under pressure against United because they know they will get a rough reception from SAF.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1149 on: September 10, 2011, 07:07:43 pm »
We are too soft. We are respectful and thats why referees feel they can get away with contencious decisions against us. Referees are under pressure against United because they know they will get a rough reception from SAF.

I agree that there is a world of difference between how we react in these situations and how the likes of United do, but do you really think that it makes that much of a difference to the referee's approach to games?

I'm not against us putting an end to just bending over and taking these but at the same time, i'm just not convinced about how much of a difference it'll make if we do.
Twitter | Blog

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1150 on: September 10, 2011, 07:07:56 pm »
It'll be interesting to see if Kenny's approach in interviews and press conferences changes from here anyway, in light of those comments.
I'd be happier if he gets the desired effect and the referees change their approach.

Kennys interview today reminds me so much of this scene from Remember the Titans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vgn4vuTwBA
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #1151 on: September 10, 2011, 07:08:17 pm »
It's not just that Walshy. Kenny wants us to be respectful and play the game in the right way, just like we all do. BUT, he looks and sees how the mancs and chelsea get huge decisions go their way constantly over the years because of the utter contempt and disrespect that they show the refs, both through baconface in the media and his players on the pitch.

What Kenny is saying (at least in my opinion) is that the respect the ref view only harms your own team. We want to be better than those other fuckers, but far more than that, we want the playing field that they play on. It's down to the FA and the refs association. They've caved in to the bullies and have never rewarded any of the teams who don't surround the ref calling him all sorts, or question refs fitness, etc. They've done the opposite of what they should, and they've ended up rewarding the bullies and the c*nts and punishing those who want to adhere to the respect campaign.

Kenny's basically saying make your beds and lay in them, because our respect is pretty much all used up.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline DoogyRev

• Anny Roader
  • Bending it in left, right and center
« Reply #1152 on: September 10, 2011, 07:09:51 pm »
He's a wise fella is Kenny. The nuances within those words will be lost on the majority here.

Pleased this issue is now being addressed early doors. I'm sick of the clearly pre-ordained referee policy of not giving fouls in favour of Suarez or Carroll. Kenny needs to now put the spotlight on it. Will JWH back him..damn right he will.
Quote from: Dmode101 on December 21, 2011, 04:56:33 PM
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

this all ends with a loud "we willl never walk alone!" war cry from all the players1

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: September 10, 2011, 07:10:00 pm »
Dalglish on Bellamy and Andy Carroll fitness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhbTFzg4vPw&feature=feedu

:thumbup

He sure knows how to deal with the press!

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #1154 on: September 10, 2011, 07:49:21 pm »
He's a wise fella is Kenny. The nuances within those words will be lost on the majority here.

Pleased this issue is now being addressed early doors. I'm sick of the clearly pre-ordained referee policy of not giving fouls in favour of Suarez or Carroll. Kenny needs to now put the spotlight on it. Will JWH back him..damn right he will.
I hope he the owners tell him to start putting those fucking refs in their place from now on.. Carroll especially gets mistreated, I can remember one "foul" when someone put a deep cross towards Carroll in the end and Shawcross got a freekick, I don´t even think Carroll touched him.. Plenty of those situations.. The defenders can ape about all they want though, unless they play for us.
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1155 on: September 10, 2011, 08:07:32 pm »
Wouldn't be surprised if we get something going our way in the next match.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #1156 on: September 10, 2011, 08:40:58 pm »

This what you're looking for, from the official site?  From the dodgy stream we watched the game on, Kenny's certainly got a point to make

Kenny Dalglish couldn't hide his frustration after seeing Liverpool suffer their first defeat of the season with a 1-0 loss at Stoke City.
A first-half penalty from Jon Walters was enough to give Tony Pulis's side the three points at the Britannia after the forward was adjudged to have been brought down inside the box by Jamie Carragher.

However, the Reds were left aggrieved after seeing a late spot-kick appeal of their own turned down when Luis Suarez's cross struck the hand of Matthew Upson - and Dalglish believes his charges deserved to take something from the game having dominated the contest.

"We are very disappointed with the result but we are delighted with the effort and the commitment of the players," the boss told his post-match press conference.
"On another day we could have scored three or four - I don't think there was anything wrong with our performance. Although the passing wasn't as good as what it has been, it was still good enough to have scored three or four goals in the game.

"There was not much more we could have done other than have that little bit of luck in front of goal."

Dalglish admitted his dismay at some of the decisions which went against his side at Stoke and feels Liverpool have had reason to feel hard done by in all four of the Barclays Premier League matches so far this term.

He added: "I think it's a wee bit of an understatement to say we deserved something out of the game. We can only do what we do ourselves and sometimes other things are taken out of your jurisdiction.

"If we continue to play like that with the same attitude and the commitment then we will be okay this season, but if we continually get battered with things that are outside our control then we are not going to have much chance.

"Our first four league games have all had a contentious decision in them and every one of them has gone against us.

"We would like to be respectful towards referees. I think I have been respectful to referees, but more importantly than being respectful to referees in their campaign it's about having respect for my football club, Liverpool Football Club.

"If I feel they (Liverpool FC) are suffering in any shape of form then maybe I need to go down the same route as some other people go and see if we can get some benefit from that. I'll speak to the owners first and see what they say because the last thing I want is for my behaviour to infringe on the club's success in any way, shape or form.

"We don't have any complaint, for want of a better word, about Stoke City. They played very, very hard, they played well. They got their goal, they defended well and courageously at times, and maybe occasionally they got a bit of luck.

"We don't have anything but appreciation for the way that they played, the way they held on and went on to win the game. So I've only got complimentary things to say about Tony (Pulis) and Stoke.

"But I just can't see how it was a penalty kick."

Despite seeing penalty appeals waved away, Liverpool could have salvaged a point deep into injury time when Luis Suarez steered a chance just wide of the goal.

"You think it's an easy chance but it's not when you see it on television," reflected Dalglish.

"The goalkeeper has got a good angle on it and it was a difficult chance to take. On another day one of our chances would have gone in."

"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1157 on: September 10, 2011, 08:50:02 pm »
Nail on the head there by Kenny as usual.  From the first game big decisions have generally gone against us, beginning with the ridiculous decision not to send off Richardson for Sunderland.  Yes they all may have been genuine mistakes by officials, but for example the pressure applied by the likes of Ferguson on ref's result in big decisions often going UTD's way.  Respect is a 2 way street.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1158 on: September 10, 2011, 08:51:34 pm »
Kenny absolutely spot on as usual. I'm sick and tired of getting fucked by refs every single week, and if we need to get nasty and snide to stop that, then we will. Fuck respect, you earn respect and the refs in this league don't deserve it, the clueless fucking bunch of thundercunts.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #1159 on: September 10, 2011, 08:55:59 pm »
Nail on the head there by Kenny as usual.  From the first game big decisions have generally gone against us, beginning with the ridiculous decision not to send off Richardson for Sunderland.  Yes they all may have been genuine mistakes by officials, but for example the pressure applied by the likes of Ferguson on ref's result in big decisions often going UTD's way.  Respect is a 2 way street.

It certainly is a two-way, just look what he had to say about Stoke but you just get the feeling he was holding back from what he really wanted to say about the officials. 
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10