Author Topic: Leicester City; Champions 2015-2016  (Read 276425 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Leicester City 2014-2015
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2015, 01:26:14 pm »
It depends what team they have after January as to whether they finish top 4 or what.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2015, 01:29:27 pm »
I've got little doubt in my mind that we'll beat them. I've also got little doubt in my mind that when we travel to Sunderland a few days later that we'll aid them massively in their relegation fight. It's just what we are at the minute.

The obvious prediction for the game is for it to be a high scoring one. Leicester are the highest scorers in the league but have already shipped 24 goals. We've conceded 22 already and whilst we aren't banging them in at the other end you feel that we'll at least score. I think we'll probably edge an open game 3-2.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2015, 01:29:43 pm »
Hope they win the league - be a great story.

Online Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2015, 01:45:04 pm »

So can they do it? I think they can. If they can hold on injury wise, and maybe bring in a few players this January - this is their big chance, and they have to go for it. Lots of paper talk about clubs interested in their main players but why would anyone leave that dressing room? Why would Vardy go to Chelsea for 3 times the money when he's at Leicester dining at the top of the table? Only an idiot would.

Breath of fresh air etc. But they CAN do it. What do you think?

Of course they can do it. I think it all depends on if Vardy and Mahrez can keep playing at this level. If they do, then it's a definite yes from me. They're like SAS. I think they're on 28 goals together now. A rate of 28/17 would take them to 62 goals over 38 games. It would be the best striker partnership ever. With such a duo, you will compete.
It's not realistic to think the two of them will be this good all season. I reckon we'll see a drop in performance soon. But if they can deliver, say half of what they have so far (28/17*0.5*21=17), they'd end up on 45 goals combined. In any normal year, that's outstanding. So everything suggests that Leicester will compete for the title.

My guess? I don't think they'll last. I think they'll finish 4th or 5th, because I expect them to run out of steam. I can only hope they keep hold of Vardy and Mahrez (for me Mahrez is the real key) until the end of the season. They'll probably never have a season like this and they owe it to themselves to see where they can end up. They'll regret it for a century if they sell.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2015, 01:45:07 pm »
I don't think it's over the top by suggesting they could win the league, their form since February has been fantastic. It's a bit of a throwback to Forests rise in the late 70s if they do manage to go on and do it. Our form doesn't fill me with optimism for Boxing Day, in fact I think if anything, they are the worst side for us to play because they will be happy for us to have the ball and then do us on the break. From a footballing perspective, Leicester going on to win the league would be brilliant for the league. Good luck to them if they can do it, just hope we put in a performance on Saturday because otherwise we are looking badly placed for any kind of top 4 dreams.

If we lose on Saturday then that puts us 17 points behind them. We are not finishing higher than Leicester then.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2015, 01:49:19 pm »
Goes without saying we all want to see Liverpool win the league.

But that aside I would love to see Leicester win it.

Really is Roy of the Rovers stuff and can do nothing but good for the game.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2015, 01:49:32 pm »
Liverpool do brilliant against the top teams, leciester are top, and they wont sit back, which will play into liverpools hands.
Liverpool will press them, win the ball high, and thump them like you did city and chelsea.
Leicester will sit back though, they'll be happy to sit back and frustrate us and then get the ball forward as quickly as possible to beat our press as that also play to their strengths.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2015, 03:24:14 pm »
They still have to play

Liverpool (A)
Man City (H)
Spurs (A)
Liverpool (H)
Man City (A)
Arsenal (A)
Palace (A)
Man Utd (A)
Chelsea (A)

I still reckon we'll catch them, provided we can sort out our home form
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2015, 03:34:03 pm »
Liverpool are shit.  We will win easy

3 points
I saw it as the more winnable game than the Everton one

they've even got poo in their name, gonna be an easy win for us

Literally can't wait to defeat another set of deluded fans living in 1985!

Must be shitting themselves

More concerned about Bournemouth than Liverpool to be honest...

fuck em,,hope they implode and get relegated next season,battling it out with villa,newcastle and west brom
bollocks

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #129 on: December 22, 2015, 03:42:28 pm »
It will be really embarrassing for the likes of Liverpool. Manchester City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Man Utd if Leicester wins the title this year.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2015, 03:43:17 pm »

Liverpool are shit.  We will win easy

3 points
I saw it as the more winnable game than the Everton one

they've even got poo in their name, gonna be an easy win for us

Literally can't wait to defeat another set of deluded fans living in 1985!

Must be shitting themselves

More concerned about Bournemouth than Liverpool to be honest...

fuck em,,hope they implode and get relegated next season,battling it out with villa,newcastle and west brom
Whoever wrote that is a bell.

Can't begrudge them doing well to be honest. Just hope they get absolutely twatted on Boxing Day. We definitely need a decent home win soon.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2015, 03:51:06 pm »
Whoever wrote that is a bell.

Can't begrudge them doing well to be honest. Just hope they get absolutely twatted on Boxing Day. We definitely need a decent home win soon.

not me i hope ;D

its off one of their forums..
i couldnt care less who wins bar utd and chelsea..
bollocks

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2015, 03:58:27 pm »
.....not quite.

They've got a really good infrastructure, very wealthy owners, the stadium is easy to expand (which they're looking to do to about 45,000 I think) and they're the only club in a big city. Plus they've got a really good youth set up and a number of excellent young'ish players who will only get better, or be sold for a big profit.

No-one think they're suddenly going to be annual Champions League contenders, but at the same time they're pretty happy with the direction they're going for the future and no reason to think they can't build into a consistent top 6 side.

No chance (regarding the top 6 shout).

I don't know why the stadium capacity matters much. It'll put in a bit extra into the coffers i guess. The like of Sunderland and Newcastle have a similar capacity don't they?

Their owners are decent enough but not shown to invest heavily. As for the young players, we'll have a look at them when they get promoted. A lot of clubs are usually optimisic about their academies. There's not been much noise about them so far.

That side is relying heavily on two great players. Once they're sold, they're a bottom half side. Southampton are the benchmark for these sort of clubs, but they're not comparable to Southampton who had very good quality in 5 or 6 positions. Leicester are top heavy. Great at he top but the rest is nothing to shout about. Once the vultures come after their two stars, they'll be your average run of the mill PL side.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2015, 03:59:28 pm »
Can you blame them for their confidence?

Can you imagine some of the comments on here if we'd just beaten Swansea Away, Chelsea at Home and Everton Away to go top of the league whilst our opponents last 3 games were losing to Newcastle, last minute draw at home to West Brom and then getting trounced 3-0 by Watford and sat in 9th??

We'd be expecting a massacre in our favour. They are deservedly top, we are deservedly mid-table regardless of who is 18 times League Champions and 5 times European cups winners,

This will be tough.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2015, 04:01:46 pm »
It will be really embarrassing for the likes of Liverpool. Manchester City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Man Utd if Leicester wins the title this year.

Maybe it'll be the shake up the league needs.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2015, 04:03:53 pm »
We should all be dying of shame that someone from Leicester has discovered we have poo in our name. Hold on to your hats Scunthorpe, things could get hairy up there.

Seriously though, I am all ears for their response to a £100M (or more) offer on that front two. Several clubs might offer it as a get out of jail, with it doing the two things of stopping Leicester in their tracks as well as recovering that big money teams season. With the new levels of finance attached to league positions and staying up (obviously for the following season), they would realistically be better off not accepting the seven figure sum, and sorting out the new contracts at top club level with a huge performance related element, if they have not already.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 04:10:13 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2015, 04:03:58 pm »
The fact it doesn't mention the size of the gap separating the frontrunners and the teams chasing top 4 is irrelevant. One common denominator remains which is the side on 32+ points getting into the top 4 97% of the time. The updated statistics of past teams with 38 points at this stage got into the top 4 100% of the time. This doesn't mean anyone is insinuating with complete certainty that Leicester will get top 4 but looking at that statistic you would have to favour their chances. That is all anyone is drawing from the image.

Seriously, it's a ridiculous stat. The fact you think it has any relevance is what is baffling.

I mean we may as well have a stat about clubs with the letter C in their name who are in the top 4 after 15 games go on to finish in the top 4 95.6840% of the time. It would have as much predictive ability for this season as the image you posted.

I don't understand why you're being so hostile just because I'm disagreeing with your opinion. The amount of points difference is useful information. You even dismissed the relevance of the earlier stats I posted because they didn't show the amount of points difference between the teams on 32+ points and the top 4 contenders.

snip

I'm not being hostile. Nor do I really have much of an opinion other than pointing out a stat us useless as a predictive device. It's interesting, yeah, but not useful for future predictions.

The gap is useful yeah. A lot more so in fact.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2015, 04:10:08 pm »
Their bubble will burst. Got a pretty tough run coming up. A couple of defeats and they'll probably shit themselves and it will be like the proverbial bar of soap slipping out of their hands.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2015, 04:28:32 pm »
They still have to play

Liverpool (A)
Man City (H)
Spurs (A)
Liverpool (H)
Man City (A)
Arsenal (A)
Palace (A)
Man Utd (A)
Chelsea (A)

I still reckon we'll catch them, provided we can sort out our home form

If we turn around a 14 point difference then I will go as far as to say that we will definitely finish top 4 because i don't see them collapsing to that extent but if they do drop a level a bit (which i expect) then it also needs us to improve our form quite signifcantly. If we do that and to that extent that we are reversing a 14 point difference then then we are probably leap frogging several sides including Spurs and Utd.

I think though that if we lose on Sunday then 17 points is just too much to make up, especially when you factor in the damage the morale will take for fans and players.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 04:38:54 pm by killer_heels »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2015, 04:33:43 pm »
Their bubble will burst. Got a pretty tough run coming up. A couple of defeats and they'll probably shit themselves and it will be like the proverbial bar of soap slipping out of their hands.

People have been saying this for the past 3 weeks

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2015, 04:47:50 pm »
If they dropped Mahrez and Vardy, they'd lose all the goals in their team.

It's so unsustainable, when we were flying a couple of seasons ago we had supporting acts to Suarez and Sturridge. An injury to either of those and they'll lose half their goals.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2015, 04:49:14 pm »
had the misfortune of going on a Leicester City forum and going into the Liverpool match day thread.

The arrogance is amazing. Loads of them predicting three and four nil score lines to them (being deadly serious)

One dickhead even suggested dropping mahrez and vardy to rest them for city.

its high time someone smashed these and bought them down a couple of pegs

Can you blame them?
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: December 22, 2015, 05:02:09 pm »
If they dropped Mahrez and Vardy, they'd lose all the goals in their team.

It's so unsustainable, when we were flying a couple of seasons ago we had supporting acts to Suarez and Sturridge. An injury to either of those and they'll lose half their goals.

Exactly this. They have had a very settled starting 11 this season, coupled with the incredible form of Vardy and Mahrez, has led to extreme confidence in their play, and fair play to them for that.

However, an injury or two to their key players, and cracks will start to show. I also fear January has come at the wrong time for them, it'll be interesting to see what bids come in for their players, especially Vardy and Mahrez. A big month ahead for them.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2015, 05:06:23 pm »
People have been saying this for the past 3 weeks
Yes and they'll be proved right.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2015, 05:08:35 pm »
Yes and they'll be proved right.

Yeah, because they've really looked like coming unstuck in the past 3 weeks haven't they?

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2015, 05:09:40 pm »
They are only 2 points ahead at the top of the league, if they are still 2 clear after 30 games then they're in with a chance to win it, I can't see that happening. Could/should be second by the weekend.
Top 4 they have a real chance though, they have a decent gap so can survive a bad run and still get CL, especially in that the chasers don't look like they have a winning run in them.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2015, 05:10:23 pm »
I think they're a fairly average team, with a couple of players in a purple patch.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2015, 05:11:06 pm »
I think they're a fairly average team, with a couple of players in a purple patch.

How long is a purple patch to you?!  ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2015, 05:12:33 pm »
They are only 2 points ahead at the top of the league, if they are still 2 clear after 30 games then they're in with a chance to win it, I can't see that happening. Could/should be second by the weekend.
Top 4 they have a real chance though, they have a decent gap so can survive a bad run and still get CL, especially in that the chasers don't look like they have a winning run in them.

They won't win the league, pretty sure of that. I think top 4 is certainly a possibility though and banking on them collapsing is not really viable as they've been in this kind of form for well over half a season now

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2015, 05:20:12 pm »
How long is a purple patch to you?!  ;D
See Ipswich town in the 2001/02 season for Leicester this season.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2015, 05:22:18 pm »
See Ipswich town in the 2001/02 season for Leicester this season.

You think Leicester are going to get relegated?

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2015, 05:22:41 pm »
Their season depends on keeping both Vardy and Mahrez fit. If either is out for any time so is their Top 4.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2015, 05:33:21 pm »
I personally don't think we'll catch them, they might have a bad run but I can't see them losing 5 whilst we win 5 in reply and then matching them the weeks they take 3 points.

Though I do hope we twat them Boxing Day, it's gone to their fans heads already and the majority seemingly predicting they'll twat us 3 or 4-0 boils my piss.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 06:16:57 pm by Bunter »

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2015, 05:38:45 pm »
As long as they don't win it with us narrowly missing out, I couldn't give a shit
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2015, 05:39:07 pm »
I personally don't think we'll catch them, they might have a bad run but I can't see them losing 5 whilst we win 5 in reply and then matching them the weeks they take 3 points.

Though I do hope we twat them Boxing Day, it's gone to their fans heads already and the majority seemingly predicting they'll piss us 3 or 4-0 boils my piss.

Its up to us to stop other fans thinking they'll beat us. Can't blame them at all really, our last 3 results have been absolute dogshit while they're flying. And its not like we're much better at home than we are away.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #155 on: December 22, 2015, 05:45:45 pm »
I hope they win the league

Well I hope we win the league, but failing that, I hope they do it.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #156 on: December 22, 2015, 05:46:38 pm »

wouldn't be the slightest bit embarrassed, I'd be made up for them...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 22, 2015, 05:47:01 pm »
Their season depends on keeping both Vardy and Mahrez fit. If either is out for any time so is their Top 4.
Assuming they get knocked out to spurs in the fa cup they'd only have league games for the rest of the season (excluding internationals). Vardy is almost like Suarez in that he simply doesn't get injured no matter how much he gets knocked about. Multiple times this season he's gone off the pitch looking like he's injured only to come running back on. Mahrez could easily stay fit. Sturridge managed to go through the 13/14 season. You never know.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2015, 05:49:55 pm »
wouldn't be the slightest bit embarrassed, I'd be made up for them...
I'd be jealous as fuck about the decades and money we've spent trying to do it, only for them to come out of nowhere and do it.

Would be delighted though, it'd be a hell of a thing to happen.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 05:53:36 pm by rowan_d »

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 22, 2015, 10:14:31 pm »
Villa being top in the 90's was mentioned earlier in the thread. The season was 98/99. More comparable data of a similar surprise side mixing it with the big boys

Aston Villa 98/99   P17 PTS 33
                             P38  PTS 55

Leicester 15/16    P17  PTS 37
                             P38  PTS ??

If Leicester were to lose on Saturday then it would read like this after 18

Aston Villa 98/99   P18 PTS 36
                             P38  PTS 55

Leicester 15/16    P18  PTS 37
                             P38  PTS ??

In the days of the internet in 1999, i can imagine the same over the top hysteria about Villa being title challengers. Only for then to go and finish the season with 55 points.  A league season is a hard slog and it usually catches up with sides of this ilk. I wish many would just tone it down a bit over their title chances. It's folly. They're certainly fighting for top 4 but they have fuck all chance of winning the league. Look at that XI of theirs for christ sake. How can anyone keep a straight face and even speak of the possibility of them winning the title?

If they're within reach with 8 or so games to go then fair enough, but that's a long way from happening yet.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:16:45 pm by Kals »