Author Topic: [World Cup 2018] South American qualifiers  (Read 70713 times)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: [World Cup 2018] South American qualifiers
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2015, 12:27:18 pm »
Peru-Chile looked an amazing game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srmq4GxF7fY

Next up on the 12th-14th November:-

Chile - Colombia
Argentina - Brazil
Ecuador - Uruguay
Bolivia - Venezuela
Peru - Paraguay

followed by these on the 17th Nov:-

Colombia - Argentina
Paraguay - Bolivia
Brazil - Peru
Venezuela - Ecuador
Uruguay - Chile

http://uk.soccerway.com/international/south-america/wc-qualifying-south-america/2018-russia/1st-round/r31495/?ICID=SN_04_84
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2015, 11:44:33 pm »
Argentina got one point from Ecuador and Paraguay and play Brazil (H), Colombia (A), and Chile (A) in their next 3. Things could quickly become quite hairy for them in this campaign if they don't turn things around.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2015, 12:38:00 am »
Argentina got one point from Ecuador and Paraguay and play Brazil (H), Colombia (A), and Chile (A) in their next 3. Things could quickly become quite hairy for them in this campaign if they don't turn things around.

They were struggling last night big time , Lavezzi, Di Maria and Tevez were poor . Without Messi and Aguero they are lost. Next 3 games should be very interesting indeed !
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2015, 06:14:44 am »
Cavani returns for Uruguay against Ecuador.
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2015, 06:55:15 pm »
Argentina v Brazil tonight !!

Both sides could do with a win , especially Argentina who lost at home to Ecuador in their first match then drew away in Paraguay .

No Messi , Aguero or Tevez up front either !

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/12/brazil-world-cup-qualifer-argentina

Kick off is at midnight .

There's also Chile v Colombia at 23:30 , Ecuador v Uruguay at 21:00 and Bolivia v Venezuela at 20:00
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2015, 09:15:01 pm »

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2015, 10:23:33 pm »
Back and forth game between Ecuador and Uruguay so far.

Also, a drone was flying close to Muslera and he caught it.
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2015, 10:33:39 pm »
what team are Argentina likely to field tonight?
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2015, 10:46:23 pm »
what team are Argentina likely to field tonight?

Probable :

ARGENTINA
Romero; Roncaglia, Otamendi, Funes Mori, Rojo; Biglia, Mascherano, Banega; Di Maria, Higuaín y Lavezzi.

BRASIL
Alisson; Dani Alves, Miranda, David Luiz, Filipe Luis; Luiz Gustavo, Elías; Willian, Douglas Costa; Ricardo Oliveira y Neymar.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 10:48:32 pm by mersey_paradise »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2015, 10:50:49 pm »
Some dreadful Premier League players in there.

Alison and Miranda at the back for Brazil doesn't sound too secure though!

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2015, 10:57:12 pm »
The state of that Brazil team; a goalie I've never heard of, David Luiz, Elias (who?) and a 35 year old journeyman centre forward. How the mighty have fallen

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2015, 10:58:46 pm »
Do Brazil really not have any better striking options than 2 30+ year olds who weren't particularly good in their prime?

Wait, they called Kaka up for this!?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:02:34 pm by Chris~ »

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2015, 11:04:11 pm »
Some dreadful Premier League players in there.

Alison and Miranda at the back for Brazil doesn't sound too secure though!

;D  Lot of Louise's in there too  ;)

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2015, 11:07:44 pm »
Well in Ecuador - 3 wins from 3 games :)

Chile will match them if they beat Colombia - http://firstrowi.eu/soccer/first-chile-vs-colombia-row645915

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2015, 11:09:06 pm »
Do Brazil really not have any better striking options than 2 30+ year olds who weren't particularly good in their prime?

Wait, they called Kaka up for this!?

Can't believe Coutinho isn't playing instead of Kaka - good for us though !! Dunga is crazy !!

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2015, 11:09:51 pm »
Well in Ecuador - 3 wins from 3 games :)

Chile will match them if they beat Colombia - http://firstrowi.eu/soccer/first-chile-vs-colombia-row645915

Ecuador beat Uruguay ? Was Suarez playing ?

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2015, 11:13:30 pm »
Ecuador beat Uruguay ? Was Suarez playing ?

Won 2-1 I think and I believe Luis has one more game to serve of his suspension

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2015, 11:19:21 pm »
Won 2-1 I think and I believe Luis has one more game to serve of his suspension

Ah yeah of course , cheers !!

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2015, 11:22:17 pm »
Can't believe Coutinho isn't playing instead of Kaka - good for us though !! Dunga is crazy !!

Very happy it'll be Kaka getting kicked and bossed by Mascherano than it being Coutinho ;)

Dunga really does make some weird decisions though :)

Really interesting results so far (and table too) - http://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/south-america/world-cup/

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2015, 11:27:28 pm »
Seems Argentina vs Brazil has been postponed due to heavy rain.

Playing tomorrow instead - https://twitter.com/BGT_ENG - brilliant pic of the pitch too! Would've been interesting game if played on that :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:29:49 pm by oojason »

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2015, 11:31:04 pm »
Seems Argentina vs Brazil has been postponed due to heavy rain.

Playing tomorrow instead - https://twitter.com/BGT_ENG - brilliant pic of the pitch too! Would've been interesting game if played on that :)

Damn , that looks like some serious rain !! Was looking forward to that - Chile game it is then !!

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2015, 11:34:22 pm »
Anyone got the Chile game in English on BeiN Sports ?

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2015, 11:46:54 pm »
^ no mate, best quality screen I can find with English commentary is SonySports here - http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/chile-vs-colombia-live-streaming and click on the 'Star Sports' button.

BeInSports in Spanish (I think) is the same link and then click the 'Stream 192' button.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2015, 11:49:14 pm »
Cheers !!  :thumbup

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2015, 12:29:41 am »
Nice goal for Chile just before half time, 1-0.

Argentina vs Brazil will be played Friday night at midnight (UK time, 9pm local time) - not a lot of happy people who were going to this as it was only postponed 1 hour before kick off - though according to some local media there were cars floating down the street due to the torrential downpour!

According to Globo this was the Brazil team:-

Alisson;
Alves, Miranda, Luiz, Filipe;
Elias, Gustavo;
Willian, L Lima, Neymar;
Oliveira

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2015, 01:05:34 am »
Yeah , Chile looking good again - playing some good stuff.

Colombia playing some nice football too but James needs to be less selfish in the final third - must have been learning from Ronaldo  ;)

That pitch in Buenos Aires looked terrible after the thunderstorm , looked more suitable for water polo  ;D

Imagine if you're a Brazilian fan and you've travelled all that way and it's postponed at the last moment - you would be disappointed but what else could they do ?

Think the team I got was from Clarin , the Argentinian paper - probably both guessing !

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2015, 01:07:21 am »
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL  ;D

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2015, 01:07:56 am »
1-1 , James scores after I criticised him  ;D

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2015, 01:14:45 am »
Deserved equaliser for Colombia - been a good game though the yellows are totting up a bit. James is one of those players that looks like it's not going to be his night, nothing is going right... and then... goal!

Be interesting to see the state of the pitch tomorrow for the Arg-Bra game - it didn't look good. Feel bad for those travelling fans who'll likely miss the game tomorrow.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2015, 01:24:03 am »
Be interesting to see the state of the pitch tomorrow for the Arg-Bra game - it didn't look good. Feel bad for those travelling fans who'll likely miss the game tomorrow.

Yeah , look at the state of it !!  ;D

Tomorrow's supposed to be sunny all day , so it should go ahead hopefully !

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2015, 01:31:44 am »
^ got visions of Mascherano pleading with the ref to have given the go ahead to play on that - 'just a bit of surface water ref, no?' - ideal conditions for him :)

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2015, 01:35:37 am »
Hahaha , I once played a school match on a pitch like that in January - never been so cold in my life !!  ;D

Well , maybe not quite that bad !

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2015, 04:38:02 am »
Argentina v Brazil: World Cup qualifier postponed because of rain

A World Cup qualifier between Argentina and Brazil was postponed less than an hour before kick-off after torrential rain in Buenos Aires.
The pitch at the Monumental stadium was heavily waterlogged and fans were stuck in traffic unable to get to the ground, according to Brazilian officials.
The match has been rescheduled for Friday at 21:00 local time (00:00 GMT).
It is part of the third round of South American qualifying fixtures for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
"We met with match officials and the Argentine representatives and there's no way the game can go on," said Gilmar Rinaldi, assistant Brazil coach.
"It wouldn't just be hard to play good football, there is hail and lightning and the forecast is that it will get worse."

Brazilian officials said fans were stuck in traffic unable to get to the game because of the adverse weather

Hail and lightning was also affecting conditions at the Monumental stadium

Fans were forced to shelter from the torrential rain before the match was postponed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34805710

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2015, 03:25:13 pm »
Why the fuck are coutinho firmino and Lucas not in that Brazil squad?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2015, 03:30:54 pm »
Why the fuck are coutinho firmino and Lucas not in that Brazil squad?

Dunga. Personally the more they are out the better for us.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2015, 07:15:24 pm »
Teixeira probably has more right to be upset at missing out with his form in the AM position... Has to be close to a call up now.

Read Lucas Lima was set to start before the rain hit.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2015, 07:20:52 pm »
Is Costa in the Brazil squad yet? If not Dunga needs to be sacked.

Firmino
Neymar Coutinho Costa
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2015, 07:30:04 pm »
Is Costa in the Brazil squad yet? If not Dunga needs to be sacked.

Firmino
Neymar Coutinho Costa

Yep on the bench though. The lineup was going to be...

Alisson;
Alves, Miranda, Luiz, Filipe;
Elias, Gustavo;
Willian, Lucas Lima, Neymar;
Oliveira.

Not seen alot of Lucas Lima but read he is the best true playmaker they have. Look forward to seeing him tonight if its the same 11. 

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2015, 07:32:18 pm »
Douglas Costa has been absolutely brilliant this season, he should be a nailed on starter in this current Brazil team!