Author Topic: Sunderland  (Read 178938 times)

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sunderland
« Reply #200 on: February 12, 2016, 09:13:01 pm »
Mackems home to Man Utd tomorrow.

The only fair result would be 22 red cards after a mass brawl which starts when Fat Sam goes over and kicks the idiot wine drinker/sweetmince pie eater in the fanny.

Man Utd won't be winning the League, no chance so If one of these sets of c*nts has to win I would rather it was them.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: March 8, 2016, 03:51:34 pm »
Their Chief Executive, Mary Byrne has resigned. Not surprising really.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #202 on: March 8, 2016, 03:56:52 pm »

And in related news, Adam Johnson's sister has started a "Justice for Johnson" campaign.

::)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #203 on: March 8, 2016, 03:58:26 pm »
I don't understand, he got justice.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #204 on: March 8, 2016, 04:04:26 pm »

No surprise. Her album sales have dropped alarmingly.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: March 8, 2016, 05:12:56 pm »
And in related news, Adam Johnson's sister has started a "Justice for Johnson" campaign.

::)
The whole family must be thick as pig shit.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: March 8, 2016, 05:28:33 pm »
Margaret Byrne statement in full

In light of recent speculation and media coverage I wish to clarify a number of points relating to my handling of the Adam Johnson issue.

I first met with police representatives after Mr Johnson had been arrested and whilst he was still in custody.

At this time they outlined the nature of the allegations but did not go into detail as he had not been interviewed or charged at this point.

After this meeting with the police I took the decision to suspend Mr Johnson, which was agreed by the club's Board and chairman.

This suspension was lifted after two weeks, after the club's position was considered with external legal advisers and the PFA.

Mr Johnson had still not been charged with any offence.

Mr Johnson maintained, as he did throughout the entire process, that he would strenuously fight all charges.

Mr Johnson asked me for a recommendation regarding legal representation and I arranged for him to meet Orlando Pownall QC.

Mr Johnson's father sent me some documents that he asked me to forward to Mr Pownall, which I did.

I did not examine the contents of these documents in any detail.

Because I had recommended Mr Pownall, I attended part of the introductory meeting at which Mr Pownall met with Mr Johnson.

This meeting took place on 4 May, 2015. After this meeting, Mr Pownall sent me a note to forward to Mr Johnson which recorded, amongst other things, that Mr Johnson had kissed the victim and communicated with her.

I did not share this information with anybody including the board of Sunderland AFC.

In the following days, Mr Johnson engaged Mr Pownall and changed his legal team and he confirmed to me that he was intending to defend each charge.

He told me that he was confident of a successful outcome.

I did not meet Mr Pownall again and I played no part in respect of plea decisions that he made with his legal team.

Contrary to what has been suggested, I did not understand that Mr Johnson intended to change his plea at trial or at all.

I was astounded when he did plead guilty.

I accept that Mr Johnson should not have been permitted to play again, irrespective of what he was going to plead.

It was a serious error of judgment and I accept full responsibility for this.

The club's Board was made aware of the broad nature of the allegations, which were a matter of public knowledge, but not of the detail that I was personally privy to.

Based on the information that I had and satisfied that risk assessments had been made, safeguarding measures put in place and the appropriate bodies consulted, I understood the legal process would run its course.

Mr Johnson remained innocent until proven guilty and I was concerned that any action taken by the club against him may be misinterpreted as a judgment on the club's part as to his guilt at a time when he steadfastly maintained his determination to plead not guilty and fight the charges.

On that basis I recommended to the Board that Mr Johnson should be allowed to play for the club, pending trial.

Mr Johnson's victim has endured a terrible ordeal and for that I am truly sorry.

At no time was the failure to suspend him again intended to cause any harm or distress to her or her family.

I recognise that, as CEO, my involvement with Mr Johnson and the decision to allow him to continue to represent the club was a serious mistake.

I sincerely regret that this error has impacted on the victim, the club, its supporters and all those affected in such a devastating manner.

Sunderland AFC has a long and proud history. To see the criticism levelled against it in the last week, and the effect that has had on its staff and supporters in light of this decision, has hurt me deeply.

To this end and for the long-term good of the club and its staff, I have stepped down as CEO with immediate effect.

I thank everyone at Sunderland AFC for their support over the last nine years.

I will make no further comment.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #207 on: March 9, 2016, 08:56:21 pm »
They signed Emmanuel eboue today

All is right with the world
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: March 31, 2016, 12:55:12 pm »
They signed Emmanuel eboue today

All is right with the world

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35933681

Who has now been banned from all footballing activity for a year. Sunderland claim they didn't know about this either.

They really should hire someone with eyes and ears.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: March 31, 2016, 01:13:41 pm »
They're having to do a lot of sacking this season, aren't they?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #210 on: March 31, 2016, 11:46:31 pm »
Who has now been banned from all footballing activity for a year. Sunderland claim they didn't know about this either.

They really should hire someone with eyes and ears.

Makes me wonder, who is vetting their players? Or are they bothering at all? If someone was to interview for a job and secure employment, they would need references to ensure good character and perhaps a background check to ensure there aren't any incidents that could affect the nature of their employment. In a business dealing with employees earning millions of pounds annually, one would think that the likes of Sunderland would be far more scrupulous. They claim they were unaware of the extent of Adam Johnson's transgressions and apparently in this case they were unaware of Eboue's dealings with his previous agent.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 31, 2016, 11:59:16 pm »
Sunderland at an administration level are a shambles,The Johnson/CEO story and now this with Eboue,to not do a background check on Eboue before signing him that could have shown he had a long legal dispute with his agent.I'm sure all clubs do background checks on any players they are signing,ffs googling his name could have found some article about him and his agent in a dispute that had serious ramifications on his career.

Shocking club on and off the pitch who are deserving of being a laughing stock right now.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: April 1, 2016, 10:00:49 am »
 . . . . . and they are Managed by that unsufferable tit Fat Sam as well.      ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #213 on: April 10, 2016, 01:42:08 pm »
Their remaining fixtures after today:

Norwich (A)
Arsenal (H)
Stoke (A)
Chelsea (H)
Everton (H)
Watford (A)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #214 on: April 10, 2016, 01:45:17 pm »

Norwich (A)
Arsenal (H)
Stoke (A)
Chelsea (H)
Everton (H)
Watford (A)

Ouch bye bye Sunderland. :wave
#Sausages

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #215 on: April 10, 2016, 01:47:34 pm »

Norwich (A)
Arsenal (H)
Stoke (A)
Chelsea (H)
Everton (H)
Watford (A)

Norwich-game next week could be a cracker!

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: April 10, 2016, 01:48:15 pm »

Norwich (A)
Arsenal (H)
Stoke (A)
Chelsea (H)
Everton (H)
Watford (A)

Pretty tough, but they've survived past relegation battles with as tough as schedules as that.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #217 on: April 10, 2016, 01:49:35 pm »

To be fair, Norwich's are very similar and Sunderland has a game in hand. The Norwich-Sunderland fixture next week is huge for both sides

Sunderland (H)
Arsenal (A)
Man Utd (H)
Watford (H)
Everton (A)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #218 on: April 11, 2016, 12:16:50 pm »

Norwich (A)
Arsenal (H)
Stoke (A)
Chelsea (H)
Everton (H)
Watford (A)

Looks tough out of context, but it could be argued that there aren't many sides with anything to play for in that list - Stoke, Chelsea, Everton, and Watford are as good as done for the season now and, if Arsenal beat Palace at the weekend, the same could be said about them.

To be fair, Norwich's are very similar and Sunderland has a game in hand. The Norwich-Sunderland fixture next week is huge for both sides

Sunderland (H)
Arsenal (A)
Man Utd (H)
Watford (H)
Everton (A)

Similar indeed.

As long as Norwich don't beat Sunderland on Saturday, then there'll be a few twists in this one yet.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #219 on: April 16, 2016, 02:50:49 pm »
Sunderland's remaining fixtures

Arsenal (H)
Stoke (A)
Chelsea (H)
Everton (H)
Watford (A)

Norwich's remaining fixtures

Arsenal (A)
Man Utd (H)
Watford (H)
Everton (A)

It's going to be close. Sunderland winning today is massive for them. Scoring three goals to add to their goal differential could also play a huge role

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #220 on: April 16, 2016, 02:58:14 pm »
I look at Sunderlands squad and I then look at Newcastles squad and I actually think the Geordies team is more talented. Problem is, you can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't have the heart, fight, desire, character or whatever else you want to call it. It's pretty much useless when you're in the situation they're in. That's why I think Sunderland are better acquitted to survive the drop. Because they have more players of that ilk than both Newcastle and Norwich have.

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: April 24, 2016, 08:45:49 pm »
Actually didnt do bad today, I think they have it in themselves to stay up. Khazri looks decent too.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: April 24, 2016, 08:55:49 pm »
Yeah, looks like they might just be able to survive the drop as Allardyce teams so often do.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #223 on: April 24, 2016, 10:14:56 pm »
I went along today.  Arsenal obviously the slicker team but offer virtually nothing in the box - Giroud made himself a couple of feet once or twice but that was it.

Otherwise Sunderland looked far more potent, at least once they worked out that trying to have Defoe or Borini hold it up is futile and decided to play into space instead.  They have enough fast lads to make that work.  Best is a young sub called Watmore - he's fast, got a bit of imagination and has the nerve to try to pull off unlikely things.

I can't see Sunderland falling back into the bottom three now they're out of it and have the game in hand.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #224 on: April 24, 2016, 11:01:15 pm »
I can't see Sunderland falling back into the bottom three now they're out of it and have the game in hand.

Yep. You look at their remaining fixtures and you have Stoke away, which under normal circumstances, would look to be a tough fixture. But Stoke have conceded 14 goals in the four games since Butland got injured. They don't look arsed and are mentally on holiday. If Sunderland, get an early goal, they might get a good result there. They then have Chelsea at home, which is their most difficult remaining fixture. They also have Everton at home. Everton have only won one league game since March 1st (Villa away) and have picked up six points out of 24 in their last eight games. Their last game is Watford away. Watford have won only one of their last nine league games and have nothing to play for, other than pride at this point.

Norwich on the other hand have Arsenal (A) and Man Utd (H) before facing Watford at home and Everton (A). Newcastle have Palace and Villa, which are winnable on paper and Tottenham on the final day. If Spurs are out of the title race at that point, they might just play a reserve side.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2016, 10:34:51 pm »
Borini: "I call my role a blind job because people don't notice the work I'm doing. I feel a bit like Thomas Müller at Bayern Munich."

Heh
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2016, 11:08:26 pm »
He will be well suited to the hustle and bustle of the Championship.

Although got a feeling that could be a vital point today.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: June 9, 2016, 05:36:35 pm »
Excellent news for them. Defoe signs a 3 year contract until 2019.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: June 9, 2016, 05:39:04 pm »
Three years for a 33yo. Good agent.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: June 9, 2016, 05:55:05 pm »
Three years for a 33yo. Good agent.

They'll be battling relegation for the next 3 years, he'll be needed ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2016, 10:00:09 am »
Have just appointed Moyes on a 4 year deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36874200

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: July 23, 2016, 10:01:40 am »
"I have taken over a big British club."

Yeah, sure they are. Sunderland are about as small as they get. Majority of the city voted out in the referendum so hope they get relegated and stay there, boring shitty team.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: July 23, 2016, 10:03:06 am »
Majority of the city voted out in the referendum so hope they get relegated and stay there, boring shitty team.

Wouldn't mind them being relegated either, they never do anything of note. They're just there.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #233 on: July 23, 2016, 10:04:54 am »
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: July 23, 2016, 10:28:07 am »
Rafa taking us up and Gollum taking those cock suckers down.

I can't wait for this season to start     :D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:36:12 pm by BlackandWhitePaul »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: July 23, 2016, 10:31:14 am »
"I have taken over a big British club, with a great support"

Well that's a load of shit for starters    :lmao

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: July 23, 2016, 10:38:35 am »
Tbf they've had worse than Moyes. What's the setup there like though?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #237 on: July 23, 2016, 10:48:35 am »
I'd have thought they'd have gone for Steve Bruce. He's familiar with the club, relegation battles etc.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #238 on: July 23, 2016, 10:49:55 am »
I was just thinking....those poor bastards. I mean really, poor fuckers. The managers they've had at that club have been absolutely fucking obscene. I don't particularly like them as a club, but its grim.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: July 23, 2016, 11:50:34 am »
Tbf they've had worse than Moyes. What's the setup there like though?

They don't have whiteboards and iPads there. Yet.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.