Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1923467 times)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Re: General Newcastle United thread - now with added Benitez
« Reply #10440 on: November 16, 2017, 12:32:49 pm »
I used to really rate him before his injuries - any ideas what shape he is in?!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9ZgQ8SxzPhA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9ZgQ8SxzPhA</a>
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #10441 on: November 18, 2017, 05:44:43 pm »
YEEEEEEEEEEES
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10443 on: November 18, 2017, 06:02:15 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9ZgQ8SxzPhA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9ZgQ8SxzPhA</a>

That was a good return on the goal front even if he should be expected to score against a bunch of wheelie bins.

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10444 on: November 18, 2017, 06:24:10 pm »
We must have the only keeper on the planet who doesn't understand that he can handle the ball in his own box.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10445 on: November 18, 2017, 07:04:38 pm »
We must have the only keeper on the planet who doesn't understand that he can handle the ball in his own box.
had started so well.

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10446 on: November 18, 2017, 07:27:49 pm »
had started so well.

We had, at one point Man U had scored 4 goals from 5 shots on target, our keeper is such a weakness that I don't know how he gets a game.  This probably sounds poor but I hope he picks up an injury.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10447 on: November 18, 2017, 07:42:33 pm »
Pity krul was crocked years ago. He was good

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10448 on: November 18, 2017, 07:53:15 pm »
Pity krul was crocked years ago. He was good

He's probably still better than Elliot, hell, most of us on here would do a better job than Elliot.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #10449 on: November 20, 2017, 11:38:22 am »
We had, at one point Man U had scored 4 goals from 5 shots on target, our keeper is such a weakness that I don't know how he gets a game.  This probably sounds poor but I hope he picks up an injury.

to be honest Mick, all 4 goals gave Elliot bugger all chance in the way of any protection. He might well be crap - you'll know better than me - but the central defenders in front of him didn't exactly cover themselves in glory. If he'd got anything in the way of Lukaku's 4th, the keeper might well have been on the injured list!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10450 on: November 20, 2017, 11:50:56 am »
to be honest Mick, all 4 goals gave Elliot bugger all chance in the way of any protection. He might well be crap - you'll know better than me - but the central defenders in front of him didn't exactly cover themselves in glory. If he'd got anything in the way of Lukaku's 4th, the keeper might well have been on the injured list!
yeah you wouldnt blame elliott on anything

4th one lukaku may as well have had a guard of honour

as you say he gets in the way of that he would have landed in Anfield

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10451 on: November 20, 2017, 12:30:50 pm »
I picked up the Journal on Friday and there was an interesting two page spread on the issues immediately facing the Toon and an attempt from the Journalist on how best to address them.

One thing that struck me was that he was eulogising about David Silva and what he bought to Rafa's team during their time together at Valencia. Surely he got the wrong player? I seem to remember Pablo Aimar was Rafa's creative number 10 during their trophy winning seasons. Silva was in the reserves (even out on loan?) and hadn't forced his way into Rafa's starting eleven Or am I getting mixed up?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10452 on: November 20, 2017, 12:31:36 pm »
I picked up the Journal on Friday and there was an interesting two page spread on the issues immediately facing the Toon and an attempt from the Journalist on how best to address them.

One thing that struck me was that he was eulogising about David Silva and what he bought to Rafa's team during their time together at Valencia. Surely he got the wrong player? I seem to remember Pablo Aimar was Rafa's creative number 10 during their trophy winning seasons. Silva was in the reserves (even out on loan?) and hadn't forced his way into Rafa's starting eleven Or am I getting mixed up?

Fucking hell what a player, haven't had that name for ages.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10453 on: November 20, 2017, 12:39:29 pm »
One thing that struck me was that he was eulogising about David Silva and what he bought to Rafa's team during their time together at Valencia. Surely he got the wrong player?

You are correct, Silva didn't play for Valencia first team until way after Rafa's departure. And Aimar.. boy was he class too, so easy to make the mistake if you are a clueless journo.

Offline N11RED

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10454 on: November 20, 2017, 01:55:29 pm »
Sold to the Arabs via PCP, done deal over the weekend.

game changer for them.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #10455 on: November 20, 2017, 02:04:23 pm »
What? Is there any article on the parers or something?
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #10456 on: November 20, 2017, 06:45:40 pm »
Breaking on Sky News that PCP have bid Ł300m and are looking for exclusivity in talks for a deal.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10457 on: November 20, 2017, 06:53:47 pm »
Breaking on Sky News that PCP have bid Ł300m and are looking for exclusivity in talks for a deal.
Let’s hope this is good news for them
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #10458 on: November 20, 2017, 07:06:17 pm »
Let’s hope this is good news for them

Yep, the Geordies deserve to have decent owners. All too often with takeovers though it's a case of out of the frying pan, into the fire.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10459 on: November 20, 2017, 07:13:02 pm »
GTFI.  I think the biggest piss up in history is just about to start.   :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10460 on: November 20, 2017, 07:15:03 pm »
GTFI.  I think the biggest piss up in history is just about to start.   :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally  :hally

The sooner Ashley goes the better .

Not a bad price for a decent ground and good support. Be interesting to see what Rafa does with money.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10461 on: November 20, 2017, 07:17:33 pm »
Not sure why, but get the feeling with Staveley involved it may end up being a case of out of the frying pan...

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10462 on: November 20, 2017, 07:22:07 pm »
Not sure why, but get the feeling with Staveley involved it may end up being a case of out of the frying pan...

We're definitely in the frying pan, I'm happy to take a chance.  I think Rafa will be backed and that automatically improves our position.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10463 on: November 20, 2017, 07:57:10 pm »
Lynsey Hipgrave from 5 Live saying the club has been sold.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #10464 on: November 20, 2017, 08:03:15 pm »
Not quite sure why this is being greeted as good news on here cause if it's Arabs involved then are we not looking at another Man City scale type of takeover which is gonna mean another club richer than us?
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10465 on: November 20, 2017, 08:09:24 pm »
Not quite sure why this is being greeted as good news on here cause if it's Arabs involved then are we not looking at another Man City scale type of takeover which is gonna mean another club richer than us?

I'll be surprised if its a single Arab with cash to burn, I think it might be a few investors unless Staveley is bluffing to keep the clubs price down.  I think you're safe.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #10466 on: November 20, 2017, 08:23:32 pm »
My friend a fellow Labour member is the uncle of Jamaal Lascelles and Jamaal has been informed that the club has been sold.

Yep this was 'done' a while ago but they had to follow the process.

Offline lurganboy

• Legacy Fan
  • Look! It's that bellend from 606!
« Reply #10467 on: November 20, 2017, 08:47:29 pm »
Amanda Staveley has weird sociopath eyes.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10468 on: November 20, 2017, 08:53:57 pm »
Hmm.. story seems to be that this is no where near the valuation the fat bastard wants.

Seems to have been leaked by the other side to put pressure on...  don’t hold your breath.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #10469 on: November 21, 2017, 04:25:53 am »
Hmm.. story seems to be that this is no where near the valuation the fat bastard wants.

Seems to have been leaked by the other side to put pressure on...  don’t hold your breath.

She's played that game with FSG..didn't work. Leak stuff that FSG were considering a bid when they'd turned it down, hoping to put pressure on them. Werner kept denying them.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10470 on: November 23, 2017, 08:25:49 am »
Amanda Staveley has weird sociopath eyes.
Most Toon fans I talk to think she is the fucking new Messiah and the way they are bleating on about her is cringe worthy.

Can I trust her more than Fat Mike, or even as much as the salad dodging fucker I ask myself?  At least I know what I'm getting off him, empty promises and a swift kick in the cobblers twice a month.

With darling Amanda though, it's all smoke and mirrors.  I think she's a sly fox.

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
« Reply #10471 on: November 23, 2017, 12:23:26 pm »
Most Toon fans I talk to think she is the fucking new Messiah and the way they are bleating on about her is cringe worthy.

Can I trust her more than Fat Mike, or even as much as the salad dodging fucker I ask myself?  At least I know what I'm getting off him, empty promises and a swift kick in the cobblers twice a month.

With darling Amanda though, it's all smoke and mirrors.  I think she's a sly fox.

You can't begrudge fans for being excited after 10 years of acting like an advert for Sports Direct rather than a football club.

The away end last week was absolutely bouncing because of it - hopefully it gets done a.s.a.p and the fat twat no longer darkens our doors.

Offline Gallowgate

• Main Stander
    • Newcastle Online
« Reply #10472 on: November 23, 2017, 12:25:57 pm »
You can't begrudge fans for being excited after 10 years of acting like an advert for Sports Direct rather than a football club.

The away end last week was absolutely bouncing because of it - hopefully it gets done a.s.a.p and the fat twat no longer darkens our doors.

Think he is going to cling on for a while longer unfortunately.

Wonder what he has written into the merchandising & advertising contracts with SD, probably similar to what he did with Rangers.

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
« Reply #10473 on: November 23, 2017, 12:29:57 pm »
Think he is going to cling on for a while longer unfortunately.

Wonder what he has written into the merchandising & advertising contracts with SD, probably similar to what he did with Rangers.

I've got a very good source and I think he'll be gone soon  :)

There'll be no ties either!

Offline Gallowgate

• Main Stander
    • Newcastle Online
« Reply #10474 on: November 23, 2017, 12:33:16 pm »
I've got a very good source and I think he'll be gone soon  :)

There'll be no ties either!

Is she just the deal maker like she was for the arabs at City or is she going to be running the show?

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10475 on: November 23, 2017, 02:50:24 pm »

Ohh I'm with you there and I can't wait for him to ship out and as soon as he does myself and my Dad will be getting our season tickets again.

My Dad is 60 now and been following the Toon for 45 years and has been all over Europe to matches.  I'm 37, he took me to my 1st game as a nipper and was hooked. 

The way Kevin Keegan was treated was the last straw and both vowed not to give Fat Mike another penny and boycott St James and Sports Direct.  We've both been to a canny few away games.  The atmos us usually a lot better at those any way.

Ohh aye, those crappy SPORTS DIRECT signs all over the place makes me want to vomit, thank Christ we no longer play at the Sports Direct Arena huh, not that I know anybody who actually called it that.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10476 on: November 23, 2017, 03:36:59 pm »
Good luck with it lads

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10477 on: November 23, 2017, 03:53:09 pm »
Good luck with it lads
You were up here recently, how was it, did you enjoy yourself?

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10478 on: November 23, 2017, 05:19:18 pm »
Eyes you say?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10479 on: November 23, 2017, 05:39:39 pm »
Mike Ashley is a cancer, hope the Toon get rid, got a lot of time for Newcastle as a city and the Toon Army, great lads.