Author Topic: Tranmere Rovers  (Read 92811 times)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Tranmere Rovers
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2014, 06:31:37 pm »
It's sad what has happened to North West football in the last 5-10 years outside Liverpool/Manchester. Bolton in ridiculous debt, Blackburn ruined by the Venkys, Wigan relegated, Blackpool getting destroyed, Preston dropping further, and now Tranmere possibly dropping out of the football league.

So much history and football culture just getting tossed aside, whilst hordes of nothing London clubs step up
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline AM76

• Joylessly cynical skimreader aka IQ76
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2014, 08:26:31 pm »
Don't really give a shit what happens too them to be honest but to see them relegated twice in two years would make me chuckle actually.

Same here. Always had a strong disliking of them. Wouldn't shed a tear if they dropped out of the league.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2014, 08:58:43 pm »
Always thought this. With 3 universities across the river and a lot of young adults not able to go watch Liverpool or Everton due to Premier League prices you would have thought Tranmere would offer cheaper tickets for them to go to Prenton Park. What will it actually cost them seeing as they rarely get above 5k for a home match nowadays? It'd probably make them more money.

yep, totally agree. Seems like the further they have slid down the leagues, the more the prices have gone up....

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2014, 11:17:26 am »
yep, totally agree. Seems like the further they have slid down the leagues, the more the prices have gone up....

Are the prices really that bad? They seem to be trying to encourage Students to attend at £9 for their Kop end:

Main Stand (reserved seating) - alongside the pitch (tickets must be purchased in advance from the Ticket Office or online from here), facilities: fast food, licensed bars, toilets, Family Friendly Area:

Adults £18
Seniors (65+) £11
Young Persons (17-22) £14

Under-17 £6
Under-12 (must be accompanied) £5
Under-7 (must be accompanied) £4

Within the Main Stand are the executive areas - the Tranmere Suite, Warwick Rimmer Vice President's Suite and Dixie Dean Suite (tickets must be purchased in advance). Included in the Tranmere Suite admission price is a match programme, half time tea / coffee and bar facilities. Included in theWarwick Rimmer Vice President's Suite price is a match programme, half time tea / coffee and snack plus bar facilities. Included in the Dixie Dean Suite admission price is a match programme, pre-match hot food and a selection of sandwiches, tea and coffee and bar facilities:

Tranmere Suite

Adult £28.50

Juniors (16 and under) £14.50

Warwick Rimmer Vice Presidents Suite

Adult £34

Juniors (16 and under) £17.50

Dixie Dean Suite (subject to availability, tickets only available for collection on matchday)
Adult £47.50

Juniors (16 and under) £25

Town Paddock / Johnny King (Borough Road) Stand (unreserved seating, except for season ticket holders) - alongside the pitch, facilities: fast food, toilets, Family Friendly Area (tickets can be purchased in advance by cash or credit / debit card but cash sales on the turnstiles are also available. *Under-12s and Under-7s require tickets and must be accompanied - see above for details):

Adults £16
Seniors (65+) £9
Young Persons (17-22) £12

Under-17 £6

Family Paddock (reserved seating)

Since 2010-11, the Bebington Paddock is the Family Paddock, with discounted tickets for families. NO UNACCOMPANIED JUNIORS will be allowed in this stand and tickets must be purchased in advance. Have you tried our Junior Superwhites Matchday Club?

Adults £16

Seniors (65+) £9
Young Persons (17-22) £12

Under-17 £4

Kop Stand (unreserved seating except for season ticket holders) - behind the goal, facilities: fast food, toilets, Family Friendly Area (tickets can be purchased in advance by cash or credit / debit card but cash sales on the turnstiles are also available. *Under-12s and Under-7s require tickets and must be accompanied - see above for details)):

Adults £15
Seniors (65+) £9
Young Persons (17-22) £9

Under-17 £6

Cowshed Stand (away supporters only) - behind the goal, facilities: fast food, licensed bar, toilets, Family Friendly Area (*Under-12s and Under-7s require tickets and must be accompanied - see above for details):

Adults £15
Seniors (65+) £9
Young Persons (17-22) £9

Under-17 £6

Disabled supporters -

To obtain a disabled or carer concession, the supporter must be receiving the medium or high rate care component of disability living allowance and should present the DLA award letter at the Ticket Office when purchasing the tickets. This applies to ambulant disabled and wheelchair users.

Disabled tickets cost £6.00 with carer admitted free of charge.

http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2014, 11:31:36 am »
Peter Johnson (remember him?) stopped putting his hand in his pocket years ago, so it's little wonder they've slid down the leagues and had to try and compensate by adjusting ticket prices.

Shocked by the animosity on here to be honest.  :-\
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2014, 04:39:59 pm »
It's sad what has happened to North West football in the last 5-10 years outside Liverpool/Manchester. Bolton in ridiculous debt, Blackburn ruined by the Venkys, Wigan relegated, Blackpool getting destroyed, Preston dropping further, and now Tranmere possibly dropping out of the football league.

So much history and football culture just getting tossed aside, whilst hordes of nothing London clubs step up

You should add Chester City into the mix as well... An ex football league club that went tits up under a dodgy owner and had to
start all over again in the Northern League

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2014, 06:26:41 pm »

What would you think to be the cause for that mate? Genuinely interested in how the NW temas have gone to shit.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2014, 06:32:29 pm »
What would you think to be the cause for that mate? Genuinely interested in how the NW temas have gone to shit.

Half of it seems to be from gobshite businessmen who bought the clubs (probably cheaper than London counterparts) with no plan other than to milk it dry before moving on, plus maybe London clubs get more income from ticket prices?

Hard to put a finger on it all unless you can think of something, surprised if somebody hasn't wrote an article about it somewhere
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2014, 12:05:29 am »
Don't really give a shit what happens too them to be honest but to see them relegated twice in two years would make me chuckle actually.

Yeah, absolutely hilarious...  ???

There are some right pr*cks on here. They're Tranmere, not Everton ffs.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 3, 2015, 02:53:47 pm »
With being priced out of Liverpool games, thought I'd give our Birkenhead friends a visit. Hoped on the bus through the tunnel, and here I am watching non-league football. Great to watch football in person, than on a shithead stream.

Tranmere currently 9th. Won 3, drawn 2, Lost 2. Football on show is mostly poor, with this still being a completely new side. Some good footballers dotted in the side. They should be challenging for promotion. Home crowds vary from 4500-5500. Worth a go if, even if its to introduce kids to football.

Biggest gripe is they have someone with a massive fuck off drum in the kop. Not into that haha ;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2015, 06:29:17 pm »
Got 7 thousand in for their game against Chester on Saturday. Another local derby tonight in Southport

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2015, 07:22:14 pm »
With being priced out of Liverpool games, thought I'd give our Birkenhead friends a visit. Hoped on the bus through the tunnel, and here I am watching non-league football. Great to watch football in person, than on a shithead stream.

Tranmere currently 9th. Won 3, drawn 2, Lost 2. Football on show is mostly poor, with this still being a completely new side. Some good footballers dotted in the side. They should be challenging for promotion. Home crowds vary from 4500-5500. Worth a go if, even if its to introduce kids to football.

Biggest gripe is they have someone with a massive fuck off drum in the kop. Not into that haha ;D

Tranmere have had someone with that drum on the kop for years. The Football has been poor for a few years, Les Parry made them play hoofball, actually said they can't pass in triangles which is basic football skills, only decent manager they've had the last 5 years was Ronnie Moor but he got sacked for betting on a different game[he sent someone to the bookies to bet for him]. The National League is a tough league to get promoted from.

#Sausages

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2015, 08:09:50 pm »
Southport 2 Tranmere 0

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2015, 08:52:54 pm »
Southport 2 Tranmere 1.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2015, 09:01:20 pm »
Southport 2 Tranmere 2
#Sausages

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2015, 09:12:59 pm »

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2015, 09:17:35 pm »
:o

Chance to win if they want it as Southport are down to 10 men.
#Sausages

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2015, 09:22:31 pm »
Chance to win if they want it as Southport are down to 10 men.

Yes they need to go for it now.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2015, 09:39:36 pm »
Full time Southport 2 Tranmere 2.
#Sausages

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2015, 09:39:45 am »
On BT sport on Friday evening. And it's LIVE!!!!

http://liveonsat.com/los_soc_br_eng_ALL.php

Cracking site btw if you get to watch channels around the world.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2015, 12:01:41 am »
Grimsby 1 Tranmere 1

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2015, 12:27:48 am »
I've heard some Tranmere fans want Brabin's head! Can any Tranmere fans on rawk confirm that?
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2015, 10:32:45 am »
For the few on here slagging off Tranmere Rovers -

One week after the Hillsborough Disaster Tranmere Rovers held a service at their ground - because it could not be held at Anfield.

They were brilliant on the day - my husband was severely injured at Hillsborough and Tranmere made us guests of honour that day - they could not do enough for us.

I will not have a word said against them.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2015, 03:57:37 pm »
I've heard some Tranmere fans want Brabin's head! Can any Tranmere fans on rawk confirm that?

Wouldn't surprise me, apparently the football has been dire type of thing you'd find on a Sunday park pitch.
#Sausages

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: December 3, 2016, 08:37:25 pm »
Top of the league. Shite football today, freezing cold but closer to Football League football once again. Eight wins and two draws from the last 10 league matches.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2016, 08:40:07 pm by OOS »
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 3, 2016, 08:56:44 pm »
Top of the league.
That's great to hear, my dad was from Birkenhead (don't laugh Chopper) after he married my mum they lived in Aigburth but he got a bus, a train, and another bus to Prenton Park every other week without fail until he died age 42.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 3, 2016, 09:10:51 pm »
Always had a soft spot for Tranmere.  Plus my bestie is a Rovers/Liverpool fan so sooner they get back up the better.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: December 5, 2016, 06:51:20 pm »
Just read that the Bad Bootle Meff used to be on their books a couple of decades back.  Soft spot suddenly hardening.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #68 on: December 5, 2016, 07:45:08 pm »
No he didn't. It's been exposed as a lie.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #69 on: April 8, 2017, 05:20:07 pm »
Tranmere beat Sollihull Moor 9-0 in a league match
#Sausages

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 9, 2017, 11:59:16 am »
Tranmere beat Sollihull Moor 9-0 in a league match
Mate is a commentator for Wirral Radio (who I used to work/volunteer for) who were broadcasting it.  Said it was one of his best days as a Tranmere fan second to the day they beat Everton at Woodison.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #71 on: April 9, 2017, 01:02:59 pm »

Tranmere 9 - 0 Solihull Moors...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mS-1df_hHlo?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mS-1df_hHlo?fs=1</a>

https://www.youtube.com/user/TranmereRoversvideo/videos

very close with them and Lincoln for automatic promotion - http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/fixtures-results/league-table/

They are at home vs 3rd place Forest Green on Tuesday night

and old classic...

Everton 0 - 3 Tranmere

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZPPXENyZS8?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NZPPXENyZS8?fs=1</a>

« Last Edit: April 9, 2017, 01:07:13 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #72 on: April 9, 2017, 01:25:47 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mS-1df_hHlo?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mS-1df_hHlo?fs=1</a>

very close with them and Lincoln for automatic promotion - http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/fixtures-results/league-table/

and old classic...

Everton 0 - 3 Tranmere

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZPPXENyZS8?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NZPPXENyZS8?fs=1</a>

Fingers crossed hope they get automatic promotion.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #73 on: April 9, 2017, 01:27:30 pm »

and old classic...

Everton 0 - 3 Tranmere

The co commentator in the Solihull video  :lmao . 'It's not just Donald Trump that can fire missiles.' Shouts his head off after every goal as well, even to make it 9-0 in minute 92

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2017, 11:45:00 pm »

Tranmere Rovers confirm The S*n is banned from Prenton Park as non-league side stand by fellow Merseyside clubs... (and has been for at least 2 years)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tranmere-rovers-confirm-sun-banned-10263954

Well done Tranmere  :thumbup

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2017, 11:58:32 pm »

Tranmere are at home vs relegated Southport on Saturday afternoon - a 3pm kick off.

With 2 matches of the season remaining they are 2nd in the league and have already qualified for the Play-Offs - but are 5 points off 1st place Lincoln City - who have a game in hand as well.

Good luck to them.

http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/
https://twitter.com/tranmererovers
https://www.facebook.com/trfcofficial/
https://www.youtube.com/user/TranmereRoversvideo

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/ (Vanarama National League)
https://twitter.com/TheNationalLge
http://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/england/vanarama-national-league/

https://twitter.com/NonLeaguePaper
https://twitter.com/nonleagueshow
https://twitter.com/NonLeagueNews
https://twitter.com/TheNonLeagueMag
https://twitter.com/NonLeagueCrowd
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 12:04:50 am by oojason »

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 5, 2017, 12:02:38 am »
Look well on their way to making the play-off finals.  3-0 away.

Second leg at Prenton Park this Saturday at 12:15pm.
http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/play-off-semi-final-second-leg-ticket-details-3705437.aspx

http://www.trfctickets.co.uk/ might save you a couple of quid if you plan to go.  Fiver for under-14s isn't bad, £6 for under 18s.
My Twitter

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 5, 2017, 05:40:51 pm »
Look well on their way to making the play-off finals.  3-0 away.

Second leg at Prenton Park this Saturday at 12:15pm.
http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/play-off-semi-final-second-leg-ticket-details-3705437.aspx

http://www.trfctickets.co.uk/ might save you a couple of quid if you plan to go.  Fiver for under-14s isn't bad, £6 for under 18s.

Hope they make it. Have been at Prenton Park a couple of times. They belong in the Championship, not where they are now.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #78 on: May 5, 2017, 05:49:25 pm »
Good luck to the wools tomorra!

would love to see them back in the league
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #79 on: May 6, 2017, 02:40:25 pm »
Tranmere 2 Aldershot 2

5-2 on aggregate

Sounded a belter of a game on the radio. 10,000 odd there, great atmosphere, Norwood equalised in injury time, cue pitch invasion  ;D

Wembley next weekend for the Final v Forest Green or Dagenham  8)