Poll

Are you in favour of Gay Adoption?

Yes
174 (75.7%)
No
56 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 228

Author Topic: Gay Adoption.  (Read 90706 times)

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
Re: Gay Adoption.
« Reply #400 on: August 21, 2010, 10:27:37 am »
I just think a child needs a mother and a father figure. Thats how it should be imo.

Have fun living in Pleasantville with your Stepford Wife.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: August 21, 2010, 10:28:35 am »
Are you serious? What world do some of you people live in, 99.9% of the time a kid would be bullied for having gay parents. I don't see how people can't grasp that fact. Kids can be utter bastards especially when theres a group of them.

And 99.9% of the time a kid would be bullied for having NO parents as well. Difference is one of those kids has a loving and stable family and the other one doesn't.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #402 on: August 21, 2010, 10:33:34 am »
Have fun living in Pleasantville with your Stepford Wife.

Whats that supposed to mean you bell?

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: August 21, 2010, 11:02:03 am »
Should we stop Ginger people from Breeding due to the possibility the kid MIGHT be bullied in 10 years time?

No, the chance the kid might be ginger is reason enough.
I have no children on RAWK. Anyone claiming to be my daughter is a blagger trying to bask in reflected glory.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #404 on: August 21, 2010, 11:24:43 am »
Whats that supposed to mean you bell?

He is making fun of you because of your idealistic approach that (shock horror!!) a child should have a mother AND father figures in their lives....you know...just like the Stepford Wives....

People crying foul when anyone should say a child should have a mother and father....not a mother and mother.....not a father and father.

Mothers bring parenting qualities that fathers don't possess just as father bring parenting qualities that mother don't possess.

I think it would be unfair to label anyone that thinks that a child should have a mother and father. Its not small minded in my opinion. Its just the way things have come about.....since.....well...since probably the start of mankind.

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: August 21, 2010, 11:27:57 am »
What about two gay couples......adopting the one child....a male gay couple and a female gay couple.

Would that be acceptable?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: August 21, 2010, 11:38:57 am »
What about two gay couples......adopting the one child....a male gay couple and a female gay couple.

Would that be acceptable?

How would that work? do they all live together?

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: August 21, 2010, 11:39:23 am »
How would that work? do they all live together?

Well, yes...I suppose so.

@rednich85

Offline lauz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: August 21, 2010, 11:42:51 am »
Well, yes...I suppose so.

I personally don't think that would work, mainly because I doubt the two couples would want to live together for 18 years to look after the child.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: August 21, 2010, 11:46:15 am »
He is making fun of you because of your idealistic approach that (shock horror!!) a child should have a mother AND father figures in their lives....you know...just like the Stepford Wives....

People crying foul when anyone should say a child should have a mother and father....not a mother and mother.....not a father and father.

Mothers bring parenting qualities that fathers don't possess just as father bring parenting qualities that mother don't possess.

I think it would be unfair to label anyone that thinks that a child should have a mother and father. Its not small minded in my opinion. Its just the way things have come about.....since.....well...since probably the start of mankind.

I thought as much thats why I called him a bell. And I totally agree with what you are saying.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: August 21, 2010, 11:50:20 am »
I personally don't think that would work, mainly because I doubt the two couples would want to live together for 18 years to look after the child.

Well thats a bit small minded.....of course it could work!! (see what I did there?)

Who is to say that 'parents' should only consist of one couple?

@rednich85

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: August 21, 2010, 11:53:01 am »
But if that's a reason for not allowing adoption for gay couples, then why let single parent familes take care of their own children?

It also suggests that any child brought up by only a mother or a father would have suffered in some way. I don't believe that's necessarily the case at all.

There is a massive number of children these days who are brought up by just a mother, or just a father. Is that wrong? Should we stop that from happening? After all, that poor child NEEDS a mother AND a father, right?

I think kids can grow up perfectly fine in a one parent family, BUT ask that child what they'd rather have. Living with mummy, daddy or both? And a bet the large majority of them would say both.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:57:09 am by Mr Rossi »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: August 21, 2010, 12:00:50 pm »

No, I'm making fun of his blinkered opinion that all children have a mother and father available to them. Congratulations, I'm now doing the same to you.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: August 21, 2010, 12:01:49 pm »
I think kids can grow up perfectly fine in a one parent family, BUT ask that child what they'd rather have. Living with mummy, daddy or both? And a bet the large majority of them would say both.

FOR A LOT OF CHILDREN THAT ISN'T AN OPTION!!!!!!

What is so difficult about that to understand? Really, I'd love to know.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #414 on: August 21, 2010, 12:07:26 pm »
FOR A LOT OF CHILDREN THAT ISN'T AN OPTION!!!!!!

What is so difficult about that to understand? Really, I'd love to know.

Yeah, but for children waiting to be adopted it is an option for them. I think that's what they're referring to.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline lauz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: August 21, 2010, 12:09:27 pm »
Yeah, but for children waiting to be adopted it is an option for them. I think that's what they're referring to.

Don't think you really get a choice who adopts you if you're a child.

Offline Sri Sudachan

• Utterly Lubberly but can't believe it's not buddha....
  • Legacy Fan
  • เบื่อๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆ
« Reply #416 on: August 21, 2010, 12:11:11 pm »

Sadly there are more children in need of a family home than there are people willing to take them on  :-[
2000-2003-2004-2005-2007

Nothing to do with football but
    We won it five times!

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #417 on: August 21, 2010, 12:12:29 pm »
Don't think you really get a choice who adopts you if you're a child.

I stand corrected.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #418 on: August 21, 2010, 01:08:48 pm »
Astonishing the way you can't have a different opinion to everyone else without anyone quastioning it.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline America's Sweetheart

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #419 on: August 21, 2010, 01:10:32 pm »
But if that's a reason for not allowing adoption for gay couples, then why let single parent familes take care of their own children?

You are SO right. The worst thing, though, for any child would be to dragged up and perverted by a single parent who was QUEER. It just doesn't bear thinking about it.

Though if we try to be fair and see both sides - even if one of them is DISGUSTING - the world would be much more colour-coordinated, theatrical, and artistic if we let more homos adopt.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #420 on: August 21, 2010, 01:12:10 pm »
Astonishing the way you can't have a different opinion to everyone else without anyone quastioning it.

Isn't it just.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #421 on: August 21, 2010, 01:22:31 pm »
Though if we try to be fair and see both sides - even if one of them is DISGUSTING - the world would be much more colour-coordinated, theatrical, and artistic if we let more homos adopt.

Typical bigoted stance. There are some straight people who are capable of matching a decent pair of capri pants with a nice scarf, you know.

Theatrical, ok, I'll give you that one.

Offline America's Sweetheart

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #422 on: August 21, 2010, 01:25:58 pm »

I KNO!!!!!!!!!!111111

When I express my opinion on the interweb I expect everyone else to instantly understand that I am RIGHT WITHOUT QUESTION and then move on to the next issue. Like the colour of your bins, Purple Aki, or why all these no-good foriegn twats need to get the fuck out of Anfield. Um. Except for Torres who is PRACTICALLY ENGLISH anyway.

Online the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: August 21, 2010, 01:35:45 pm »
If you're a parent you bring your kids up well and one of them happens to be gay, because they happen to be attracted to the same sex, that makes them unsuitable to bring up kids, doesn't sound right to me. Your sexuality has fuck all to do with your ability to raise kids.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Sri Sudachan

• Legacy Fan
  • เบื่อๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆ
« Reply #424 on: August 21, 2010, 02:09:31 pm »
You are SO right. The worst thing, though, for any child would be to dragged up and perverted by a single parent who was QUEER. It just doesn't bear thinking about it.

This is the type of person who shouldn't be raising children.
2000-2003-2004-2005-2007

We won it five times!

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #425 on: August 21, 2010, 02:10:56 pm »
This is the type of person who shouldn't be raising children.

I think you missed the irony.

Offline Sri Sudachan

• Legacy Fan
  • เบื่อๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆ
« Reply #426 on: August 21, 2010, 02:12:23 pm »
I think you missed the irony.

I'm just pointing it out, thanks
2000-2003-2004-2005-2007

We won it five times!

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #427 on: August 21, 2010, 02:13:13 pm »
I'm just pointing it out, thanks

So I missed the irony?

Offline Sri Sudachan

• Legacy Fan
  • เบื่อๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆ
« Reply #428 on: August 21, 2010, 02:15:31 pm »
So I missed the irony?

Not at all, i know your views here, I read them.. but there are people here who think that's the right moral way to bring
 up children..sorry if it got lost somewhere.
2000-2003-2004-2005-2007

We won it five times!

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #429 on: August 21, 2010, 02:17:52 pm »
Not at all, i know your views here, I read them.. but there are people here who think that's the right moral way to bring
 up children..sorry if it got lost somewhere.

It's like that bit in The Simpsons where the two teens are at the music festival.

"That's soooo cooool"
"Are you being sarcastic?"
"Dude, I don't even know any more".

Offline Sri Sudachan

• Legacy Fan
  • เบื่อๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆ
« Reply #430 on: August 21, 2010, 02:27:21 pm »
It's like that bit in The Simpsons where the two teens are at the music festival.

"That's soooo cooool"
"Are you being sarcastic?"
"Dude, I don't even know any more".

Never seen the Simpsons, so thats lost on me also  :)
2000-2003-2004-2005-2007

We won it five times!

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: August 21, 2010, 02:29:49 pm »
Until you've seen the Simpsons, your views will only ever be of limited interest.  8)
I have no children on RAWK. Anyone claiming to be my daughter is a blagger trying to bask in reflected glory.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #432 on: August 21, 2010, 02:49:44 pm »
Never seen the Simpsons,

That is, by some distance, the most shocking thing in this thread.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #433 on: August 21, 2010, 06:30:19 pm »

Try being a gay person attempting to adopt and you will soon find out how many people manage to question it...
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: August 21, 2010, 06:53:47 pm »
Try being a gay person attempting to adopt and you will soon find out how many people manage to question it...

You've just said that to one of the few people on Earth who can, if he so chooses, make a conscious decision to start craving cock.

I look forward to his response.

Offline OrangeMochaFraps

• Legacy Fan
  • Interesting. No, wait, the other thing: tedious.
« Reply #435 on: August 21, 2010, 06:59:25 pm »
http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/08/16/neil-patrick-harris-david-burtka-expecting-a-boy-girl/

Are you telling me you guys wouldn't want NPH as your father?  If so, then you're lying.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #436 on: August 21, 2010, 07:01:19 pm »
http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/08/16/neil-patrick-harris-david-burtka-expecting-a-boy-girl/

Are you telling me you guys wouldn't want NPH as your father?  If so, then you're lying.

I find it hilarious that he plays a womanizing bastard in How I met your mother. Happy for him!

Offline JoeTwerp

• Leader of the Maryland Vigilante Child Army. Mayor of Twerpville. Population 2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: August 21, 2010, 08:14:31 pm »
If you're a parent you bring your kids up well and one of them happens to be gay, because they happen to be attracted to the same sex, that makes them unsuitable to bring up kids, doesn't sound right to me. Your sexuality has fuck all to do with your ability to raise kids.

well I don't think most of the anti-arguments are made on sexuality, I think only the most ignorant are thinking that its a gay conspiracy and that they would raise their kid to be gay.

Their arguments are on the basis of gender.  And gender does affect the way you parent, generally.  However, as has been pointed out, so fucking what.  Having two parents of the same gender totally pwns not having any.

Also, I am not sure how 'natural' it is to be raised by one mother and one father anyway.

Possible slogan for gay adoption:
It takes a village to raise a child . . . so why not let the village people?

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: August 21, 2010, 08:59:02 pm »

I would hate to have a him as my father. He's 18 years younger than me for a start.

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡Sí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
« Reply #439 on: August 21, 2010, 10:32:02 pm »

I would hate to have a him as my father. He's 18 years younger than me for a start.
;D
C'est la vie.