Author Topic: SAVELFC VIRAL ADS - we need your ideas (no matter how crap you think they are)  (Read 19350 times)

royhendo

This was earlier

I think, though, that we could do our own virals quite easily. We've talked about this before but here's an example of a rough-n-ready one I did in 2006 for the World Cup to promote a t-shirt site.

When we first released the finished version, we got a massive spike of visitors to the site it promoted. Can't remember the numbers, but it was a tidal wave of visitors after normal good sized breakers on to the pixelgoals shore.

If we did the Liverpool European Cup Final goals over the years and tagged it "Reckon you'll ever see the like again?" Then flash up the url to the website.

royhendo

And this - it's from the Stool Pigeon and it's a comic strip called "Dr Nick Cave MD". We could do something like that for our beloved owers.

Offline Sri Sudachan

• Utterly Lubberly but can't believe it's not buddha....
  • Legacy Fan
  • เบื่อๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆ

Following on with the fight for independence ..

Paul Revere riding through the night "the redcoats are coming" turns out to be the Kop, flags blowing
 with the Sons of Anfield playing over it...just a thought ..

2000-2003-2004-2005-2007

Nothing to do with football but
    We won it five times!

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
If there's someone whose a bit of an effects whizz then what are the chances of doing a PETA style 'expose' type ad on The Yanks?

Get them as battery-hen farmers with Liverbirds crammed into pens, laying golden eggs with dollar signs on 'em?

Edit: something like this

Warning: it's not a pleasent watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t--DePXv08
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 08:58:24 pm by Juan Loco »
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline xziztnse

• Main Stander
Here my 2pence

Young lad talkin about his first liverpool game (70's/80's)

Cut scene

The lad a bit older talkin about away games/ euro away games

Cut scene

Same lad mid  30's erly 40's talkin about Istanbul

Cut scene

Same fella talkin about C + A and the debt, SOS, protest march etc...

Cut scene

same guy but old (about 60 ish) talkin about liverpool in the past tense

Cut scene

80 year old guy Shouting and Screaming about there being only one team in the city and history.

Camera pans away and the ald bastard is wearing a Blue shite top

Cut scene

YANKS OUT!

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." Bill Shankly

royhendo

Someone pm'd me with an idea along these lines... just passing it on in caseit sparks anything. Planet of The Apes is an interesting one we could look at for posters etc.

Lone figure wearing some sort of protective space suit and visor, steely-blue eyes visible only.
Carrying scanner of some sort.

Walking across some sort of post-apocalyptic wasteground, sand everywhere.
Crumbling edifices, rubble everywhere.
The sky is black.
Cockroaches scuttling about underfoot. Close-up. Two of them speak. One says "Morning George". "Morning Tom" the other replies.
Rotting carcasses dot the landscape.
Birds dead. Fallen out of the sky.

Figure looks around, the sees something metal, a sign of some sorts amongst a pile of rubble...
Gloved hand wipes it clean. Flash of red. Stops abruptly. Recognition.

Figure stands back. Removes his visor. Youthful face, slightly familiar but not really.

Turns around. Stops dead in his tracks. Drops his scanner. Like a stone. Shock.

[Voiceover - gruff Scottish accent - assumed to be mystery figure's great grandfather, voice heard echoing in figure's mind]

"Oh my God... I'm back. I'm home. All the time it was... they finally really did it."
"[screaming] YOU YANK BASTARDS! YOU REALLY DID IT! OH, DAMN YOU! GODDAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!"

[Camera pans to reveal the corroded and half-destroyed Liver Bird sticking out of the sand, and twisted steel remnants comprising the frame of a football stadium on the skyline]

Offline Mr Sitter

• ...and Rosenthal must score...
  • Kopite
king kenny naked on a white horse comming out of anfield saying "whiteoaks...you can kiss my arse!"
I think that's probably the most moronic argument that I've ever seen on this site and believe me, there's a fucking lot of competition for that particular title.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline biggag

• Boys Pen
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Probably a lot of work but...howabout cut-ups of various Alan Hansen clips/words/phrases to make derogatory statements...possibly to some cheesey dance beats:

You'll never win anything with Americans...
Those Americans are shocking
Defend, defend, defend the club etc etc...

Or maybe an overdub of the Anfield Rap video... Don't take the piss, don't call me a clown, any more debt and we're going down...They've f*cked the club, those c*nts from Dallas, they want more silver than Buckingham Palace... ???

Offline Lady OOT

• Main Stander
A Flash event?  Blow up footballs rolling down the street, across park, sounds of wind, flapping, storm brewing, images of; toddler finding one and kicking it, dog chasing one, one floating in water, one being blown into the air etc ... then one rolls into busy (ish) public place like shopping centre, a few people notice it and then a beautiful woman (that's the sex bit for you guys) picks it up and starts singing ... 'When you walk through a storm' ... then others stop what they are doing to join in with the second line etc.

Not very original, a lot of work and would need to have fantastic singers to be effective, but I just loved this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds8ryWd5aFw 

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
Okay, roy, as long as you want brainfarts. Not funny, does relate to the cause, but not depressing:

Liverbird pulls out of its moorings above the city, flies to Anfield, perches on the roof. Gradually joined by hundreds, thousands of other smaller Liverbirds freed from scarves/shirts whatever. Los Patricios as the sound-track. Tag-line at end = one I've seen someone using on RAWK: Liverpool FC - did you think we would leave you dying?

that got me that mate...brilliant...lump in the throat
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
2 million+ hits there, great shout

Pretty sure he's been on been on Soccer Saturday aswell, my mates told me about him a couple of years ago after seeing him on the telly.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Online Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mJU58A9SNc

It was the 'click 2006 make poverty history' ad campaign. Maybe something similar, but with fans instead of celebrities? The tagline could be "every three seconds Liverpool loses x amount through debt", or something much better along those lines?

Would be cheap and easy to make, could get a dozen or so Liverpool fans of all ages decked out in their scarfs/hats.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

royhendo

Livestock - Lance Armstrong wrist bands, good hook for ads...

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
How about.

Man walking a dog. Shots of an empty, overgrown Ground. From various angles. Weeds everywhere. Distant sounds of the glory years and crowds shouting and singing. Man walks off into distance. Silence. Camera pans down to 'This is Anfield' sign.

Then something like "Don't let it come to this.'

How about one where a dad and his son go to the game. They walk up to a hotdog van - and the shot shows them queing while the ground and fans walking around in the background can be seen. While they are waiting, they are handed a poster by the SoS.

The kid says "What's this dad?"

The dad says. "Don't worry son. Just a load of nonsense from idiots.. Ignore it. What do you want? Hotdog OK, son?"

Kids says "Yeah. Please"

While they are waiting, the place empties - everyone vanishes and a big 'SOLD' sign appears. The ground gets demolished and the area turns into wasteland. As the lad gets his hotdog, they both turn around and stop realising that the club has gone.

both impressive !
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
oh god....showtunes: I'm reading this thread and I hear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIAP364nxEo

I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair, from south pacific...some of the words, with pictures and images of Hicks, or purslow I suppose, would be......

If your man don't understand you - no
if you fly on separate wings -
Waste no time
no - make a change - right now!
Ride that man right off you range

Rub him out of your romance
yeah
dump him out of your dreams.
I'm gonna wash that man right out of your hair

I'm gonna wash that man right out of your hair

And send him on his way.
I'm gonna wave that man right out of my arms

And send him on his way.
Throw him out and learn to live without him

That's what it's all about - just learn to live without him

Throw him a kiss and wave good-bye
wave good-bye.
Oh
I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair
. . .
Cut him
clip him
clean him and learn to live without him.
Squeeze him
tease him
freeze him and learn to live without him.
Throw him a kiss and wave good-bye
good-bye
good-bye.
If you laugh at different comics
if you root for different teams

Waste no time and weep no more - show him what the door is for.
Rub him out of your romance
drop him out of your dreams
yeah.
I'm gonna wash that man right out of your hair. . . .

well, you did ask for bad ideas.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Inspired by the scene from the Dark Knight,

Tom Hicks( In joker make-up):  How about a magic trick ?  Watch this club disappear !

TH: TAADDAAAA

TH:  It's gone !

It's short, it's simple and I reckon it could work. 

Edit:  Inspector Gordon then projects the image of Shankly with his arms aloft into the night sky, similar to the bat sign or whatever it is called.  Not that much of a geek.  And the video could finish off by saying Help Save Liverpool FC.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:50:44 am by jooneyisdagod »
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline MascherTheMenace

• Main Stander
Okay, roy, as long as you want brainfarts. Not funny, does relate to the cause, but not depressing:

Liverbird pulls out of its moorings above the city, flies to Anfield, perches on the roof. Gradually joined by hundreds, thousands of other smaller Liverbirds freed from scarves/shirts whatever. Los Patricios as the sound-track. Tag-line at end = one I've seen someone using on RAWK: Liverpool FC - did you think we would leave you dying?

I really like this idea, maybe with the bird(s) letting out some kind of awful anguished cry as the slogan comes up?

royhendo

Just a quick (hopeful) prompt. We need ones that make you stop in your tracks and laugh out loud if possible.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Just a quick (hopeful) prompt. We need ones that make you stop in your tracks and laugh out loud if possible.

Picture of Anfield. watching the match.

Shot goes out to England. Zooms in on Old Trafford and 50 planes fly over dropping 500 tons of drippy horse the Mancs over the Mancs.

THE END.

Made me laugh thinking about it
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline mac62

• RAWK Supporter
  • Boys Pen
There was a cracking viral a few years ago for Ford Sport Ka car whre a pidgeon flew near the car and the bonnet few up and smacked the bird and sent it flying ( no pun intended ) . It is on you tube but no idea how to post the link (also the cat one is brillant) .
So here is the thinking - Ford obviously american company - swap pidgeon for liverbird - at the end web address for SOS

Likely to be a legal nightmare - but it's an idea  and both ads made me howl anyway

Offline claRED

• Kopite
how about a rework of the torres advert a few years ago
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p9AWfmoF1c

only american flags being used and everyone looking depressed around them

Like the idea of the Torres Ad, but do it with SaveLiverpoolFC or SOS flags, and people wearing Aleternative Shirts (not USA flags). So it's upbeat, about joining together etc. So it's starting with miserable faces and becomes more upbeat as people join the cause....and recreating the Torres path in the original. But ending with T&G packing their suitcases full of money and running for a taxi...

Edit: actually Torres has a small part, it's the rest would need to get thinking caps on  for! So instead of learning spanish dancing, kids are learning chanting. Instead of painitng a house in spanish flag it's a savelfc slogan. etc

makes me sad watching that ad now.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 10:54:52 am by claRED »

Offline LFCKirstyLFC

• Anny Roader
  • "The best side drew." - Bill Shankly
    • The Liver Bird
Picture of Anfield. watching the match.

Shot goes out to England. Zooms in on Old Trafford and 50 planes fly over dropping 500 tons of drippy horse the Mancs over the Mancs.

THE END.

Made me laugh thinking about it

No question about it i'd be laughing my head off but a Save Liverpool FC add/campaign/viral should have nothing about the Mancs. We don't want to turn into Everton, talking more about a rival than ourselves.

I personally don't see why we have to stick to viral law of it making you laugh, i think the more sombre idea makes it different and more powerful.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I know it's not an original idea, but how about the possibility of doing something like the cassetteboy videos for Hicks ?
He has done quite a few interviews to get material from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxi6QDwQyLU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QAvkFS_cgk&feature=related
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
You could do like a mock, street fighter/mortal combat thing, where it is the liverbird vs G&H and the start is G&H battering it, but then loads of fans come in stage left and beat them of screen and use it as a screenwipe to your message.

Sorry if its been mentioned before.

royhendo

I know it's not an original idea, but how about the possibility of doing something like the cassetteboy videos for Hicks ?
He has done quite a few interviews to get material from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxi6QDwQyLU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QAvkFS_cgk&feature=related

It's good that - we could do one of those for Hicks no bother at all.

Seen these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXyw7sB05fI

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How about a cat playing with a length of wool/string, its getting longer and longer to reveal a 'This is Anfield' sign, slowly unravelling, as indeed we are.  The cuter the better.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNDRt-Ze-yU&feature=PlayList&p=73A1005AE67F29C0&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=38

you've all seen the hitler rant ?

we could just play a hick gillet video and subtitle it appropriately
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 10:02:44 pm by Vulmea »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
other options

most famous adds ever the stella artois stuff - most precious thing ever - got to be an angle there for LFC -

the guiness adverts - white horse, old geezer swimming etc - all it needs is an appropriate tag line

dating adverts - those e-harmony perfect match - deep compatibility there has to be an angle about the two twats and LFC - be like turning up on a blind date with a psycho - so good looking bird - sensitive soul - philanthropist, good with children, animal lover, world peace etc etc - blah blah blah - finally pans to Hicks face over a dinnertable and glass of wine............

Could do Moores and Parry - Should have gone to spec savers advert............

There's the scottish widow beautiful model thing - turns into a Liverpool widow

There's a true Sky idealised middle class fan family - go to games wind ran and snow, home and away in their ford people carrier- replica, kits and scarfs, programs and burgers, all happy and smiling - turn up to the game at Anfield - finally cuts to the pitch  - its baseball(or a bank with somebody couting money)  - tag line our club is in the wrong hands

Knew you'd miss me while I was gone -
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline wideawakewesley

• Kopite
  • We all bleed red, so take the hint!
    • Weekly Geekly
We need to parody the Old Spice Guy adverts that showed up this last week and basically pissed on any internet based ad campaign that's ever existed.

So I propose "Old Scouse Guy" and we literally use an Old Scouse Guy who can read a script moderately well, film him saying the stuff RAWK contributers write (in his bathroom in a towel of course) and post it on YouTube. The funnier the better preferably.

If you missed Old Spice Guy, check it out now:

http://www.youtube.com/user/oldspice

Watch the main advert, then check out the responses playlist.

Info on how it was done here:

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/how_old_spice_won_the_internet.php
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 11:22:37 pm by wideawakewesley »

Offline tampared

• Main Stander
could some clever edit person do something with these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5JV0Fs_GE8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2OiRb9701o&feature=channel

Maybe something along the lines of chrisla doing the interviewing.

The Words every Father Dreads
"Dad can I have a Man U kit?"
If you even think a child of yours would utter these words.......
don't risk it be safe use a condom.
Better safe then sorry!

Offline RedSeattleite

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
Had an idea for a flash video or GIF, can't do either myself as I am shit at making videos and such.

Anyways, what about a video with either Rafa, Roy or LFC fans dropping money into a piggy bank labeled "transfer fund/Kitty" and when we sell a player the money or the player goes into the transfer Kitty with a price tag. On the outside of the piggy bank the money goes up for every player sold. Then when Roy goes to get money out of the Kitty to buy a player he notices there is a hole at the bottom of the piggy bank that leads into a bag that says either Debt repayment or H&G. Instead of the money falling into the bag we could have H&G dressed as cowboy outlaws stealing he money at the end of the night.

Similiar to that idea, how bout a video or cartoon or whatever media you want to use, depicting Roy or the board at a supermarket of footballers and on the shelves are players that we could have signed but instead had to buy the lesser generic version of the player cause we are f*cking skint.

Just a couple ideas that I'm posting while on my mobile so haven't been able to put forward all the details I wanted. I'm sure you all get the idea.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 02:17:40 am by RedSeattleite »
1492. We were taught to memorize this year with pride and joy as the year people began living full and imaginative lives on the continent of North America. Actually, people had been living full and imaginative lives on the continent  for hundreds of years before that. It was simply the year sea pirates began to rob, cheat , and kill them.

Offline starskysdad

• Self confessed Idiot
  • Kopite
  • OOT for 32 yrs and loving it
Podcasts - do a series of small podcasts

1. Talking about Twat and Twat
2. Fake interview with Purslow
3. About the Finances
4. Fake interview with a couple of Journo's
5. How whatever happens it aint Hodgson's fault
I'm not saying I disagree with you but, you're pissing in the wind if you think calling someone a c*nt on the net is gonna change the way they think.

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
How about getting sets of business cards printed?

1. Sets in different categories:
   a) Debt - simple statements of our debt repayments and what they could buy
   b) Lies - statements from any of the four horsemen and the actual reality

2. Text should retain some element of black humour

3. Help Save Liverpool FC logo and contact details on the back

Benefits:

Relatively cheap to produce (Goodprint.co.uk do 100 cards to £27, 500 cards for £58, etc.)
Easy to distribute (drop them on pub tables, on seats in the ground as you walk to your seat, etc)
Can put together cards into small packs to send to journalists/politicians/bankers.
Can be done by overseas supporters too by local printing firms.

Other thoughts...

Is it possible to get the assets we can use in designs (the logo that Kitster designed, for example) in a single place (either in one easy-to-find thread/post or on a web page somewhere)? Maybe with details of the fonts used so we can keep our text consistent in design?

I like Vulmea's Hitler parody video too with Hitler finding out how much Hicks wants to sell the club for.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
Start in a factory.Women stands on line packing posters into a box.Box states 'to highest bidder'.Camera pans up the line to the printing press where we see posters of each of Shankleys major quotes.
Cut to outside Anfield.Tatty looking Shankly statue.Pans back and we see the ruins of Anfield,overgrown with foliage.Distant sound of you'll never walk alone being sung by the kop in the backround fades away.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
Picture of Shankly with his famous socialism quote.

Picture of Hicks with his famous Weetabix quote.

Tears roll down Shanks' face.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
Picture of expensive mansion style house. Pan down drive to reveal Shankly gates at the end of the drive.

Picture of expensive Villa with swimming pool and various statues (thinking Roman/Greek God types) around it. Pans out to show Shankly statue.

Picture of European Cup being melted down.

Caption - Sale. Everything must go.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline S24 LFC

• For Sale!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Part of the establishment
How about getting sets of business cards printed?

1. Sets in different categories:
   a) Debt - simple statements of our debt repayments and what they could buy
   b) Lies - statements from any of the four horsemen and the actual reality

2. Text should retain some element of black humour

3. Help Save Liverpool FC logo and contact details on the back

Benefits:

Relatively cheap to produce (Goodprint.co.uk do 100 cards to £27, 500 cards for £58, etc.)
Easy to distribute (drop them on pub tables, on seats in the ground as you walk to your seat, etc)
Can put together cards into small packs to send to journalists/politicians/bankers.
Can be done by overseas supporters too by local printing firms.

Other thoughts...

Is it possible to get the assets we can use in designs (the logo that Kitster designed, for example) in a single place (either in one easy-to-find thread/post or on a web page somewhere)? Maybe with details of the fonts used so we can keep our text consistent in design?

I like Vulmea's Hitler parody video too with Hitler finding out how much Hicks wants to sell the club for.

Stickers can work better than cards, and maybe even cheaper. When we played Chelsea in the semi at old trafford I got 4000 business card sized stickers printed for about £40. Stickers stay places longer, and people love them, put them on work lockers, lampposts walls bus stops etc.  Just got to pick a decent message.  I would suggest not associating it with SOS or anyone though as it can be classed as graffiti. Maybe just a quote or message followed by save Liverpool fc.

Or something similar.
Our round the world trip.

www.getjealous.com/sas091011