Author Topic: How do the owners have their business interests structured worldwide?  (Read 12136 times)

royhendo

Re: How do the owners have their business interests structured worldwide?
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2010, 12:58:54 pm »
Hicks Holdings website appears to be empty -

http://www.hicksholdings.com/

Hicks Sports Marketing now seems to be online gaming

http://www.hickssportsmarketing.com/

Hicks Sports Group  website appears to have disappeared

www.hicksequitypartners.com is empty

www.hicksrealestatepartners.com is empty

Hicks Trans American Partners nothing

Fuck-ing-hell. <note to self - calm down>

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2010, 01:12:51 pm »
Hicks Holdings website appears to be empty -

http://www.hicksholdings.com/

Hicks Sports Marketing now seems to be online gaming

http://www.hickssportsmarketing.com/

Hicks Sports Group  website appears to have disappeared

www.hicksequitypartners.com is empty

www.hicksrealestatepartners.com is empty

Hicks Trans American Partners nothing

Intriguing Ali...... thanks
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:33:43 pm by shelts »
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2010, 01:41:19 pm »
Imminent demise? Or maybe he's just hoping to blur what few assets his American companies hold before the lenders go after them, as encouraged by the court ruling in the Rangers' sale.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2010, 01:44:33 pm »
What could that mean with regards to all his websites then ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline jonnygeeart

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P L.F.C
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2010, 01:54:19 pm »
Imminent demise? Or maybe he's just hoping to blur what few assets his American companies hold before the lenders go after them, as encouraged by the court ruling in the Rangers' sale.
He's runnin

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2010, 02:13:42 pm »
Very interesting indeed that.

Meanwhile, this from Thush...

Anyone else enormously affronted that these fuckers use the word "Kop" for their holding companies?
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2010, 02:56:22 pm »
Probably laying low for awhile, sent someone called Kellie Fischer CFO to represent him at the MLB yesterday. There will probably be a new company name at some point, bit like Southwest Sports Group became Hicks Sports Group after earlier default -

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2003/07/07/daily9.html

When John Muse had to return from the UK office in 2004 to sort out Hicks Muse Tate etc, he ended up renaming it HM Capital.

He's still got the Texas Stars in Austin, but the city who has paid the major part of the stadium cost $55m from local taxes, made him put his share $12m into an escrow account last year. From memory this is in the name of two of the sons, not his.

www.texasstarshockey.com

Remember the day they announced the HSG default to the lenders, whilst looking at the HSG website and posted we're still on it, within minutes it started stripping off the LFC info as I watched.

The shooting season started this week, he normally goes to that, something makes me think his brother runs one in Scotland or something. One of the ynwa posters seemed to think he's about somewhere. As FS has posted about the owners "Shafted in the morning", maybe there's a meeting in London with them. Have to keep our eyes peeled for info  :o
for those of you watching in black and white Liverpool are the team with the ball

royhendo

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2010, 02:57:32 pm »
Exactly - 100 miles and runnin', that's my guess. Whatever it means, it's not a good sign if your a Texan by the name of Tom Hicks.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2010, 03:34:11 pm »
Probably laying low for awhile, sent someone called Kellie Fischer CFO to represent him at the MLB yesterday.

She's Executive Vice-President and CFO of the Texas Rangers Baseball Partners. Also Executive Vice-President (finances) of Hicks Sports Group and pops up all over the shop in that capacity as part of Hicks Sports Group's 'shared services'. Her boss is was Casey Coffman/Shilts.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:13:21 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2010, 03:54:21 pm »
Casey Coffman has deserted the sinking ship, mate.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2010, 04:19:03 pm »
Casey Coffman has deserted the sinking ship, mate.

Watch out Madison Square Gardens... and thanks - was following the old HSG shared services info. :)
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline jonnygeeart

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P L.F.C
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2010, 04:10:24 pm »
we should keep an eye on the fcuker hicks and email his correct resume to any potential investors/partners he is tryin to con aswell as keeping any relevant journalists up to date on what he's up to.the c*nt doesnt deserve his privacy back

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2010, 04:24:51 pm »
Taken down in response to this very thread perhaps?

No offence mate but I really wouldnt of thought so.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2010, 05:09:16 pm »
I'm not sure how often they're supposed to file returns, or what the penalties are if it isnt done, etc.

LLCs, apparantly, don't have to file annual reports in Delaware. As long as they pay their annual tax of $250 and don't transact business in Delaware then, beyond knowing who the registered agent is to send papers to, they are completely opaque in every way short of a court order.

Sadly the article may be wrong about it being a statutory requirement for Kop Investment LLC to file an annual report. The expensive credit check might be another avenue an investigative reporter would take for trying to pin down the financial position of the three Delaware companies known or believed to be linked in some way to the ownership of Liverpool, I guess, but who knows whether anything would turn up?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 05:11:00 pm by Zeb »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2010, 06:29:15 pm »
I leave that to those who've been digging in these fields for much longer Jack. At least the relative peace and quiet of this part of the forum allows for those with contacts to target relevant information correctly.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2010, 07:03:20 pm »
;D

I'm happy whatever the reason.

If they can't afford to pay for the upkeep anymore, great.

If the empire has collapsed, and there's nothing left to advertise, great.

If they're running scared coz Royhendo, Zeb and Ali are joining all the dots, great.

I'm choosing to believe the last one until Hicks appears on SSN with a cup of cocoa and denies it.

I agree mate , he does 'appear' to be on a very downward spiral, unfortunately though he 'appears' to be taking us with him.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2010, 05:42:40 am »
Booth Creek Management Corporation (incorporated in Delaware but based in Colorado), which is Gillett's main holding company, currently has a delinquent status according to the Colorado Secretary of State's website. This is presumably because it has failed to file its annual report due 31st August 2009.

http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/BusinessEntityDetail.do?quitButtonDestination=BusinessEntityResults&nameTyp=ENT&masterFileId=20001048889&entityId2=20001048889&srchTyp=ENTITY&fileId=20001048889

Interestingly, a new Booth Creek company was formed in Delaware on 7/7/10. Booth Creek Capital Management LP. May not be related to George, but it is also registered in Vail, Colorado.

Another of Gillett's companies which is incorporated in Delaware (Booth Creek Partners Limited IV, LLLP) and which is used to control his Northland Holdings, Inc barge company (as in barges which carry cargo) is also delinquent after failing to file accounts due in August and September last year.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 06:06:22 am by Zeb »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2010, 09:04:51 am »
Sorry Zeb - pmed you before seeing you'd posted this explanation here: if he's formed a new company is that a likely to be a sign he's going to declare the others bankrupt? Think some of the newspaper sports diaries might be interested if that's the case.

As a second thought - the news that Hicks Acquisitions is trying to raise money: is it feasible that Hicks is trying to buy Gillett out, if Gillett is struggling even more than he is, and does the panel think the board is in a position to block that?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 09:20:06 am by No666 »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2010, 10:48:37 am »
Unknowable would be the honest answer mate. The one thing which seems unlikely is that he's forgotten about those two companies and it's slipped his mind to file in the past year. It's essentially what Matt Smith was saying in his little piece, but this time, the company does have to file accounts and it's not an intermediary holding company but the one at the very top of the chain. We've no idea where Liverpool fits into Gillett's chain of companies though so it's not directly relevant, but Matt Smith's story does have some legs to it, even if he was tilting at the wrong companies. This year's accounts are due to be filed end of this month, so if he misses that deadline, he's two years without filing. Can't check Delaware's registry because it's closed outside its office hours, but might have a play in there with the Booth Creek name to see whether anything else turns up.

re. Hicks, I wouldn't think so. If he buys, Gillett out, then how does he pay off RBS? It's a way for him to multiply a $25k down payment into a multi-million investment on the back of other people trusting him to invest in something which will see them all turn a profit. Charging $10k for office space per month seems to be taking the proverbial though but his long-time stooges fellow directors are positive it's value for money.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 11:30:12 am by Zeb »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2010, 11:04:05 am »
Thanks mate. Can you post or pm me with anything you turn up in Delaware. I'll probably still alert a few select journos to this info if you're okay with that. Glad for the reassurance on Hicks - still baffles me as to who would lend to Hicks Acquisitions, but he did say he was going back to his glorious core plan, so I guess he'll be looking to buy vulnerable companies, trim staff and sell on without risking any of his own capital. He might get lucky, I guess, but somehow I don't think he's noticed that the tide's gone out.