Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1759481 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #9240 on: February 19, 2020, 03:24:29 pm »
Yes. He didn’t touch the player on the yellow card foul

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #9241 on: February 19, 2020, 03:52:21 pm »
Yes. He didn’t touch the player on the yellow card foul
He did though. I've always hated the antics, the dirty part of the game, and I still remember how Diego Simeone earned Beckham the red card. Am I to be surprised that his team plays with the shit tactics? I fucking hate that!

But I have to give it to them, they have analyzed Mane very well. Mane has that knack to help himself with arms and it's often so subtle that it's either not noticeable or not enough to give a foul for. It's part of the game. Like the Norwich goal. But the Atletico players grossly overexaggerated everything, so it looks like a foul.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9242 on: February 19, 2020, 05:03:35 pm »
Don't think Sadio intends to foul; it's not roughhouse behavior. Possibly it's just because he's a bit smaller in stature than the defenders he has to compete with, but a proper Spring Heeled Jack of a player, who competes robustly to get the ball against giant oafs
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9243 on: February 19, 2020, 05:39:08 pm »
Sadio's experience last night summed up the contest. A fantastic player who fans pay good money to watch being hounded from the field by a bunch of neanderthals who couldn't care less about the sport of football. Let's hope he has the last laugh, but best be prepared for a complete shitfest at Anfield. And our media will lap it up.  :no

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9244 on: February 26, 2020, 01:28:04 pm »
Sadio Mane, The Liverpool Star from Senegal (earning approximately 10.2 million dollars annually),has given the world a lesson in modesty after some fans spotted him carrying a cracked Iphone.His response is legendary:

"Why would I want ten Ferraris, 20 diamond watches and two jet planes? What would that do for the world? I starved, I worked in the fields, I played barefoot, and I didn't go to school. Now I can help people. I prefer to build schools and give poor people food or clothing. I have built schools [and] a stadium; we provide clothes, shoes, and food for people in extreme poverty. In addition, I give 70 euros per month to all people from a very poor Senegalese region in order to contribute to their family economy. I do not need to display luxury cars, luxury homes, trips, and even planes. I prefer that my people receive a little of what life has given me," Mane said.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9245 on: February 26, 2020, 01:34:06 pm »
Sadio Mane, The Liverpool Star from Senegal (earning approximately 10.2 million dollars annually),has given the world a lesson in modesty after some fans spotted him carrying a cracked Iphone.His response is legendary:

"Why would I want ten Ferraris, 20 diamond watches and two jet planes? What would that do for the world? I starved, I worked in the fields, I played barefoot, and I didn't go to school. Now I can help people. I prefer to build schools and give poor people food or clothing. I have built schools [and] a stadium; we provide clothes, shoes, and food for people in extreme poverty. In addition, I give 70 euros per month to all people from a very poor Senegalese region in order to contribute to their family economy. I do not need to display luxury cars, luxury homes, trips, and even planes. I prefer that my people receive a little of what life has given me," Mane said.
Wow.
Amazing attitude. Clearly someone who's not forgotten his roots
Even though he's on silly money, it's difficult to argue he's overpaid if that's what he does with his money.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9246 on: February 26, 2020, 01:39:27 pm »

The fans remembered that well.

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #9247 on: February 26, 2020, 01:54:06 pm »
Nice one Mané.
Why was my post deleted?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9248 on: February 26, 2020, 01:56:00 pm »

Is this real though?

I've seen that Ferrari quote pop up a few times in recent months. Doesn't really sound like him

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #9249 on: February 27, 2020, 05:18:12 pm »
Is this real though?

I've seen that Ferrari quote pop up a few times in recent months. Doesn't really sound like him

He's given me no reason to question anything good said about him.

Mané Mané Mané  ;D
Why was my post deleted?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9250 on: February 28, 2020, 04:50:53 am »
Those quotes date back to October last year, apparently from an interview with TeleDakar, though I'm not convinced. https://www.teledakar.net/2019/10/08/sadio-mane-voudrais-dix-ferraris-vingt-montres-diamants-deux-avions/

And the cracked iphone bit is clearly some made up bollocks since to get clicks
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 04:52:52 am by Classycara »

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9251 on: February 28, 2020, 11:08:29 am »
Bless him. He didn’t realise that you get an actual medal for winning the league. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51664722

Bad jacket though.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9252 on: February 28, 2020, 11:12:13 am »
Sounds like bollocks. 70 euros a month? Come on  :D
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9253 on: February 29, 2020, 07:11:26 pm »
What's up Sadio ? Just not happening ☹️

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9254 on: March 2, 2020, 12:40:30 pm »
What's up Sadio ? Just not happening ☹️

What's up with Mo? He's played like a schoolboy most of the season...

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9255 on: March 2, 2020, 12:41:01 pm »

What's that got to do with anything in here?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9256 on: March 2, 2020, 02:01:01 pm »

That's nonsense. He's got more goals and assists than both Mane and Firmino.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9257 on: March 2, 2020, 02:05:17 pm »
Manc
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9258 on: March 2, 2020, 03:24:26 pm »

This agenda against Mo you have is really sad now, Sadio is world class but all the stats and facts show Mo is slightly ahead of him, that's not a bad thing. Enjoy both of them.

:tosser

Offline simplyred84

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9259 on: March 3, 2020, 10:27:34 am »
This agenda against Mo you have is really sad now, Sadio is world class but all the stats and facts show Mo is slightly ahead of him, that's not a bad thing. Enjoy both of them.

:tosser

Calling people tossers on websites because their view differs to yours, you are an embarrassment to yourself. Grow up.

Mo is always immune from criticism for some reason and I'd love some justification as to why. Not one comment on his page after another shocking performance (albeit everyone was). His numbers are decent but I am sick and tired of our attacks constantly breaking down because of him. You are blind if you can't see this happening game after game. So I was just a little perplexed to see someone asking what's up with Sadio. This is the same Sadio that changed the game when coming on at Norwich. The same Sadio that scores the winner against West Ham.

The front three plays poorly and the only one who is questioned is Sadio? Let's be honest, the poorest of the front three technically is Mo, by a mile. I have no agenda, I just think some of us need to be more objective when looking at his general play. It's not great.

Offline simplyred84

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9260 on: March 3, 2020, 10:29:46 am »
That's nonsense. He's got more goals and assists than both Mane and Firmino.

Jesus, thanks mate! Have you watched his general play? He is infuriating to watch at times. But then he or someone else scores a goal and then everything is forgotten about. Wake up.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9261 on: March 3, 2020, 10:29:52 am »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9262 on: March 3, 2020, 10:37:03 am »
Mo is always immune from criticism for some reason

You can't be serious? He gets absolutely slated week in week out by a large section of our "fan" base. Maybe on here people are just a bit more level headed.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #9263 on: March 3, 2020, 10:48:22 am »
Mo is always immune from criticism for some reason and I'd love some justification as to why. Not one comment on his page after another shocking performance (albeit everyone was).

I've seen absolutely loads of criticsm of him - most common is he's selfish, should pass, has lost his shooting boots etc. I think you need to look a bit harder.

Here's some posts from the last couple pages of his thread, without even touching "the media" or non-LFC fans:

Been a quite a few matches I see him struggling really. Have problems beating any left back 90% of the time, not able to find his team mates, loss possession without regaining it, touches are off, shooting not as confident.

I hope he get back to his best again soon in the final stretch.

Salah is a lucky guy. His passing was bad to horrible at times, his shot for the goal was at the keeper, but somehow that went in. Long may it continue...

His goal was the turning point today Lucky but he makes his own luck by the fact he keeps going. Still a frustrating player at times to watch.due to his inconsistencies in his first touch and decision making

Sure sounds like we criticise him to me. Albeit fairly. And if you delve further there are explorations of why, not just slating him (eg. opponents mark him so tightly, grapple him etc.)

Offline simplyred84

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9264 on: March 3, 2020, 11:41:33 am »
;D ;D

Pathetic contribution. Too illiterate?

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9265 on: March 3, 2020, 11:48:20 am »
Pathetic contribution. Too illiterate?

Your post is just full of made up nonsense, total lies and then you claim to have "no agenda" when the only thing you ever post is criticism of Mo Salah. It's just seriously creepy.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9266 on: March 3, 2020, 11:49:26 am »
Pathetic contribution.

Same could be said for your comeback in a Sadio Mane thread being to piss on one of our players.

Either contribute to the discussion about Mane by talking about Mane, or don't contribute at all in here.

Offline simplyred84

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9267 on: March 3, 2020, 11:53:49 am »
I've seen absolutely loads of criticsm of him - most common is he's selfish, should pass, has lost his shooting boots etc. I think you need to look a bit harder.

Here's some posts from the last couple pages of his thread, without even touching "the media" or non-LFC fans:

Sure sounds like we criticise him to me. Albeit fairly. And if you delve further there are explorations of why, not just slating him (eg. opponents mark him so tightly, grapple him etc.)

Thanks for digging out those posts. I live abroad and get back when I can though I watch the majority of games with a big group of Reds. Everyone defends him vociferously and I can't understand it. He was just as infuriating to watch in his first season, only now the goals aren't as many. I can appreciate that he is being tightly marked at times but that's got nothing to do with attacks breaking down when the ball gets to him. I don't even understand why he grapples with defenders at times to be honest. Why not dart one way and then come back into space instead of this target man style that he's implemented into his game over the last 18 months?

All I've ever tried to express is that I think for a footballer of such status, one I support every week, he's actually quite limited. That is all. But I have an agenda. Okay...

Offline simplyred84

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9268 on: March 3, 2020, 11:54:36 am »
Your post is just full of made up nonsense, total lies and then you claim to have "no agenda" when the only thing you ever post is criticism of Mo Salah. It's just seriously creepy.

Where are the lies?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9269 on: March 3, 2020, 11:57:04 am »
Thanks for digging out those posts. I live abroad and get back when I can though I watch the majority of games with a big group of Reds. Everyone defends him vociferously and I can't understand it. He was just as infuriating to watch in his first season, only now the goals aren't as many. I can appreciate that he is being tightly marked at times but that's got nothing to do with attacks breaking down when the ball gets to him. I don't even understand why he grapples with defenders at times to be honest. Why not dart one way and then come back into space instead of this target man style that he's implemented into his game over the last 18 months?

All I've ever tried to express is that I think for a footballer of such status, one I support every week, he's actually quite limited. That is all. But I have an agenda. Okay...

Maybe just clueless then, if not an agenda.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9270 on: March 3, 2020, 12:02:28 pm »
Where are the lies?

ToneLa has already dismantled one of them. It's hilarious you say he's immune from criticism as you ermmmm relentlessly spam the forum with criticism of him  ;D ;D

And if it's not an agenda why do you never comment on anything else about the club? And why are you criticising Salah in the Mane thread?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9271 on: March 3, 2020, 12:24:09 pm »
Jesus, thanks mate! Have you watched his general play? He is infuriating to watch at times. But then he or someone else scores a goal and then everything is forgotten about. Wake up.

So, you're slagging off a player whose stats are second only to Messi? Laughable.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9272 on: March 3, 2020, 12:30:47 pm »
Wtf is going on in here? Came to read about Sadio but find a Salah free for all!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline simplyred84

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9273 on: March 3, 2020, 12:34:40 pm »
Maybe just clueless then, if not an agenda.

I love this putting oneself on a pedestal nonsense. Yes I am completely clueless. Have you played football before? If so, to what standard?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9274 on: March 3, 2020, 12:36:52 pm »
I love this putting oneself on a pedestal nonsense. Yes I am completely clueless. Have you played football before? If so, to what standard?

I've heard top level players chatting absolute bollocks plenty of times, so I doubt you want to try and make out that because you once had a trial at some random club makes you any more able to comment on football than anyone else.

Offline simplyred84

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9275 on: March 3, 2020, 12:39:56 pm »
I've heard top level players chatting absolute bollocks plenty of times, so I doubt you want to try and make out that because you once had a trial at some random club makes you any more able to comment on football than anyone else.

Exactly. The general consensus in here seems to be that when you go against it, you "don't have a clue" or "you're a Manc". That's not contributing anything to the conversation. People just don't like what they perceive to be 'right' being challenged because they have a season ticket or sit on the Kop. Bore off.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #9276 on: March 3, 2020, 12:40:48 pm »

Why not use the Mo thread?
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9277 on: March 3, 2020, 12:42:46 pm »
Exactly. The general consensus in here seems to be that when you go against it, you "don't have a clue" or "you're a Manc". That's not contributing anything to the conversation. People just don't like what they perceive to be 'right' being challenged because they have a season ticket or sit on the Kop. Bore off.

You challenged fuck all. You came in to a Mane thread and basically went 'Yeah, what about Salah though'.

Where was the challenge there? Where was your top level contribution?

Offline simplyred84

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9278 on: March 3, 2020, 12:44:06 pm »
So, you're slagging off a player whose stats are second only to Messi? Laughable.

Don't get your knickers in a twist mate. Read the post you responded to, I did not slag him off. This is the shit that I am talking about. It's merely an observation but I am "slagging him off". Are you always this stupid? Christ...

Online Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #9279 on: March 3, 2020, 12:47:31 pm »
Mane is probably the Player of the Year this season. However, the journos will probably vote de Bruyne.
He is my player of the year anyway, followed by de Bruyne, TAA and Henderson.