Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1758130 times)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #9080 on: January 23, 2020, 10:46:30 pm »
He said something like "we have Shrewsbury, West Ham and Southampton and probably without Sadio"
It seems reasonable to think he wouldn't be rushed back before the break.  Origi, Minamino, Shaqiri (if he's fit) and even Jones are all capable of stepping up.

Offline calvin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9081 on: January 23, 2020, 11:01:04 pm »
Maybe a break,albeit enforced, isn't the worst thing for Sadio. Especially given the amount of football he's played. We have a run of reasonably easy fixtures, followed by the 2 week break. Getting him back fresh for Atletico would be ideal.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #9082 on: January 23, 2020, 11:09:54 pm »
Bollocks. I was hoping that he'd be available for West Ham and Southampton, but that's why we signed Minamino. Origi can deputise as well, and hopefully Lallana will get over his virus in a few days. We should be able to manage.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9083 on: January 23, 2020, 11:58:46 pm »
It had to happen. The guy's been playing at top levels non stop.
What's the actual injury? :(
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #9084 on: January 24, 2020, 12:00:38 am »
It had to happen. The guy's been playing at top levels non stop.
What's the actual injury? :(

We dunno yet. Kloppo said muscle or possibly hamstring related.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #9085 on: January 24, 2020, 12:02:45 am »
We really missed him tonight when he went off. His defensive work is almost as impressive as his forward play.
#JFT97

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9086 on: January 24, 2020, 12:06:29 am »
On the plus side we wouldn't have used him against Shrewsbury anyway, and we have the February break coming up. It will test the mettle of the squad but we should have him back in a month. Probably miss three league games? Depending on the injury?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #9087 on: January 24, 2020, 12:15:11 am »
Honestly, if we had to pick a time for him to pick up a small injury this might be it.  Miss a couple of easier games and then 2 weeks off for the break.  I'm just hoping it's not too serious and he'll be back right after for the Atletico games.  I have a feeling those two matches are going to be very tight so some Mane magic will be most welcome.

Also, as someone said above, it really was noticeable how much him being out affected our defensive shape on that side.  I don't recall Traore doing anything when Mane was on and only came into the game after Mane pulled himself out.

Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #9088 on: January 24, 2020, 12:15:38 am »
On the plus side we wouldn't have used him against Shrewsbury anyway, and we have the February break coming up. It will test the mettle of the squad but we should have him back in a month. Probably miss three league games? Depending on the injury?

Sounds about right, would be dissappointing if it were much more.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #9089 on: January 24, 2020, 12:16:18 am »
I mean if we were going to get an injury for a short time like 3 games this is prob the perfect time. 2 winnable league games and then the winter break.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #9090 on: January 24, 2020, 12:27:57 am »
As long as he's back for the Atleti game, all is good.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #9091 on: January 24, 2020, 09:44:03 am »
As long as he's back for the Atleti game, all is good.

I think that would be the aim and sensible thing to do.

If it’s precaution and a hamstring tweak then get him back for Norwich / Athleti.

He’s played a lot of football for us
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9092 on: January 24, 2020, 09:46:54 am »
He said something like "we have Shrewsbury, West Ham and Southampton and probably without Sadio"

Did he actually say this?

The official website has "We don’t know exactly [what the injury is], it’s the muscle. He felt something in the hamstring. We don’t know yet, obviously, we have to wait. We will see."

Why would Klopp rule him out of them games if we don't know?

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9093 on: January 24, 2020, 09:48:57 am »
Honestly, if we had to pick a time for him to pick up a small injury this might be it.  Miss a couple of easier games and then 2 weeks off for the break.  I'm just hoping it's not too serious and he'll be back right after for the Atletico games.  I have a feeling those two matches are going to be very tight so some Mane magic will be most welcome.

Also, as someone said above, it really was noticeable how much him being out affected our defensive shape on that side.  I don't recall Traore doing anything when Mane was on and only came into the game after Mane pulled himself out.

Agree, the "timing" of the injury is not too bad, plus he will have a mental rest for almost 4 weeks.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9094 on: January 24, 2020, 09:55:59 am »
I would play OX on the left and Minamino central as I think that's his best position...

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
« Reply #9095 on: January 24, 2020, 09:57:40 am »
quick question!...wherea Keita? still injured??

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9096 on: January 24, 2020, 10:01:31 am »

Injured

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9097 on: January 24, 2020, 10:02:24 am »

The official website has "We don’t know exactly [what the injury is], it’s the muscle. He felt something in the hamstring. We don’t know yet, obviously, we have to wait. We will see."

Yeah, think it was the BT postmatch, but maybe the presser itself. I deffo remember hearing it

Offline Lidmanen

• Main Stander
« Reply #9098 on: January 24, 2020, 10:13:16 am »

Yes, but the suggestion was that he and Milner will likely be back in training soon. I think next week was suggested by some of the journos.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9099 on: January 24, 2020, 10:17:30 am »
Yeah, think it was the BT postmatch, but maybe the presser itself. I deffo remember hearing it

Fair enough, thanks.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9100 on: January 24, 2020, 02:15:46 pm »
Having a scan today per Klopp

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #9101 on: January 24, 2020, 03:03:30 pm »
Could giving Keïta a shift on the left be a good idea when he comes back next week? I feel it could suit him to have less defensive responsibility. Ox fits way better down the middle for me and Naby is the natural right-footed player to have nearly similar pace and ability to get into goalscoring positions when Sadio's not around.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 03:05:13 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9102 on: January 24, 2020, 03:09:59 pm »
Could giving Keïta a shift on the left be a good idea when he comes back next week? I feel it could suit him to have less defensive responsibility. Ox fits way better down the middle for me and Naby is the natural right-footed player to have nearly similar pace and ability to get into goalscoring positions when Sadio's not around.

We could but that's detrimental to what he excels in.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #9103 on: January 24, 2020, 03:22:30 pm »
We could but that's detrimental to what he excels in.

With Fabinho back, we have a bit of a luxury problem in midfield. Him, Henderson and Wijnaldum feel undroppable when all three are match fit. That should require a new role for Naby if indeed Sadio is out for a few weeks.
Linudden.

Offline DTRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9104 on: January 24, 2020, 03:22:58 pm »

Perhaps Jurgen already planned to rest him for one or two of the games and added the third as a result of last night?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9105 on: January 24, 2020, 03:50:05 pm »
I couldn't find any interview in where Klopp said he's missing X amount of games. Even today he said he's having a scan, obviously he won't be ready for the FA Cup game.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9106 on: January 24, 2020, 03:59:20 pm »
Come on Sadio, we need you. Hope it's nothing serious.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9107 on: January 24, 2020, 05:26:10 pm »
Probably that Youmi Kh that did his hamstring last weekend

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #9108 on: January 24, 2020, 06:12:06 pm »
With Fabinho back, we have a bit of a luxury problem in midfield. Him, Henderson and Wijnaldum feel undroppable when all three are match fit. That should require a new role for Naby if indeed Sadio is out for a few weeks.

The absence of Sadio was felt immediately when he left the field. Not as bad as Salah leaving the pitch in 2017/2018 because we do have better strength overall.

I am not sure we have luxury in midfield as Milner is still out and Ox is going through a lean spell.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #9109 on: January 24, 2020, 06:51:05 pm »
Sadio is a massive blow, you could see the difference when he’s not in the team...hopefully he’s ok and good to go again in the next week or two

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #9111 on: January 24, 2020, 07:14:51 pm »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-sadio-mane-leaves-hospital-21353316

We can only hope that he'll be back in time for the Atletico match and that it's not too serious. You never know with hamstring injuries. Milner suffered a hamstring injury against Everton and that was nearly three weeks ago and he'll only be back next week so that makes it about 4 weeks out. Harry Kane is set to miss around 2-3 months with a hamstring injury. We can only wait at this point.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #9112 on: January 24, 2020, 08:30:50 pm »
The absence of Sadio was felt immediately when he left the field. Not as bad as Salah leaving the pitch in 2017/2018 because we do have better strength overall.

I am not sure we have luxury in midfield as Milner is still out and Ox is going through a lean spell.

It was, and was part of the reason Robbo struggled I think.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #9113 on: January 25, 2020, 04:29:10 pm »
Any news on his injury or at least the scan he had? It seems like no news isn't good news in this case, or by now we'd have seen a statement from the club along the lines of "Mane injury not as bad as initially feared" or whatever.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #9114 on: January 25, 2020, 04:33:33 pm »
Where’s it’s a hamstring injury coming from thought Klopp said muscle tweak

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #9115 on: January 25, 2020, 04:39:34 pm »
I couldn't find any interview in where Klopp said he's missing X amount of games. Even today he said he's having a scan, obviously he won't be ready for the FA Cup game.

There was none, that was Micheal Owen on tv.  Mind you, none better on Hammys  ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #9116 on: January 25, 2020, 04:44:01 pm »
To be fair to Sadio, he is so durable we take it for granted sometimes, the effort he puts into matches is unreal and goes unnoticed off the ball, and even more so when he is on the ball.   He has had a busy 18 months or so, I just hope it isn't catching up with him.
Best wishes Sadio, but get yourself right lad we have a few fights to fight yet and we are going to need you at your best in every single one of them. We have a CL to retain and a PL to dot the i's and cross the t's on.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #9117 on: January 25, 2020, 04:59:03 pm »
Where’s it’s a hamstring injury coming from thought Klopp said muscle tweak

Wasn’t there a Pearce tweet mentioning a hamstring injury?

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #9118 on: January 25, 2020, 06:17:52 pm »
We can only hope that he'll be back in time for the Atletico match and that it's not too serious. You never know with hamstring injuries. Milner suffered a hamstring injury against Everton and that was nearly three weeks ago and he'll only be back next week so that makes it about 4 weeks out. Harry Kane is set to miss around 2-3 months with a hamstring injury. We can only wait at this point.

There's a big difference between tearing the hamstring and just having it tight. The latter is usually 2-3 weeks, mainly as a precautionary issue. Back when I ran a lot rather than cycling I usually took just three-four days out if the hammy felt twitchy, but then I didn't sprint and no-one paid me for it  ;)
Linudden.

Offline red whine

• goes to my hhead
  • Main Stander
« Reply #9119 on: January 25, 2020, 06:23:51 pm »
I'm clinging on to the fact that gini went off with a muscle tweak against watford which looked similar. He played two weeks later against Leicester but missed both games in the club world cup. Fingers crossed it isn't too bad.