Author Topic: The state Of The States. How Has America Got To Now?  (Read 328285 times)

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The state Of The States. How Has America Got To Now?
« Reply #3160 on: January 25, 2023, 09:29:22 pm »
Like something you’d see in robocop.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2023/jan/25/pepper-spray-school-run-apocalyptic-suv-reznavi-vengeange?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Pepper spray for the school run? The weaponised SUV set to terrify America’s streets

The extreme features of the Reznavi Vengeance – including electrified door handles and blinding strobe lights – are wholly in tune with lethal trends in the US market

It's a gimmick vehicle for rappers/celebrities, you think anyone's buying a $285-400k vehicle for a school run?

Wholly in tune with lethal trends, OK Guardian. They don't half put out some clickbait shite these days. They'd have you thinking all our kids are wearing bulletproof backpacks to school every day  ::)

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3161 on: January 25, 2023, 09:43:09 pm »
I don't know, the idea of pepper spraying my son and his idiot friends in a few years when I start picking him up for school sounds pretttttty enticing. Might even 'accidentally' leave the electrified door handles armed if I've had a bad day at work.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3162 on: January 25, 2023, 09:47:18 pm »
It's a gimmick vehicle for rappers/celebrities, you think anyone's buying a $285-400k vehicle for a school run?

Wholly in tune with lethal trends, OK Guardian. They don't half put out some clickbait shite these days. They'd have you thinking all our kids are wearing bulletproof backpacks to school every day  ::)
https://tuffypacks.com/

;)
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3163 on: January 25, 2023, 09:49:04 pm »

25th of January, 36 mass shootings since the beginning of the year. Yup definitely guardian putting shit into people's head.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #3164 on: January 25, 2023, 10:03:03 pm »
Like something you’d see in robocop.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2023/jan/25/pepper-spray-school-run-apocalyptic-suv-reznavi-vengeange?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Pepper spray for the school run? The weaponised SUV set to terrify America’s streets

The extreme features of the Reznavi Vengeance – including electrified door handles and blinding strobe lights – are wholly in tune with lethal trends in the US market

From the article...

and wing mirrors that can shoot pepper spray – handy for putting those pesky cyclists in their place.

Where do I get one?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3165 on: January 25, 2023, 10:05:43 pm »
25th of January, 36 mass shootings since the beginning of the year. Yup definitely guardian putting shit into people's head.

You live in the states. How many people do you know that send their kid to school with a bulletproof backpack? Or drive a bulletproof car? Is this representative of current trends in the US auto industry?

The article is blatant clickbait. How often does the Guardian review cars, I'd guess not often. So why this one? Because it, with a snappy headline about soccer moms doing a school run, will generate clicks from people who will say "look at what they've got in the states now, mad country that innit!"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3166 on: January 25, 2023, 10:19:34 pm »
You live in the states. How many people do you know that send their kid to school with a bulletproof backpack? Or drive a bulletproof car? Is this representative of current trends in the US auto industry?

The article is blatant clickbait. How often does the Guardian review cars, I'd guess not often. So why this one? Because it, with a snappy headline about soccer moms doing a school run, will generate clicks from people who will say "look at what they've got in the states now, mad country that innit!"

I don't know anyone personally with kids who are still in school, the last 2 just left for college.

I'm not saying it isn't clickbait, but if more people thought about it the better. Clearly Americans don't give enough of a shit.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3167 on: January 25, 2023, 10:26:53 pm »
I don't know anyone personally with kids who are still in school, the last 2 just left for college.

I'm not saying it isn't clickbait, but if more people thought about it the better. Clearly Americans don't give enough of a shit.

Clearly enough Americans don't give enough of a shit...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3168 on: January 25, 2023, 10:27:31 pm »
Clearly enough Americans don't give enough of a shit...

Fair enough.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3169 on: January 25, 2023, 10:31:41 pm »
Fair enough.

I agree with the general point and wish far more of us were far more concerned...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3170 on: January 25, 2023, 10:37:15 pm »

So what was your point? That there actually IS a problem with gun violence in America? Yes thanks for that, it's been a pleasure as always

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3171 on: January 25, 2023, 11:10:24 pm »
So what was your point? That there actually IS a problem with gun violence in America? Yes thanks for that, it's been a pleasure as always

Yes that is the point and people have the absolute right to rip the shit out of it. Poke fun at it, make fun of it, point at the Americans over and over and over again and laugh and ridicule it, because it's there to be ridiculed. USA USA USA!! We're number 1, we're number 1, in killing our own citizens and children.

Online Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3172 on: January 25, 2023, 11:55:43 pm »
Yes that is the point and people have the absolute right to rip the shit out of it. Poke fun at it, make fun of it, point at the Americans over and over and over again and laugh and ridicule it, because it's there to be ridiculed. USA USA USA!! We're number 1, we're number 1, in killing our own citizens and children.

Oh OK that makes sense then. You weren’t really responding to my post per se, you were just mindlessly vomiting out the same repetitive dour shite, devoid of any insight, humor or originality. The Chakan Way. Thank God you’re back from your break, suitably refreshed

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3173 on: January 25, 2023, 11:59:19 pm »
Oh OK that makes sense then. You weren’t really responding to my post per se, you were just mindlessly vomiting out the same repetitive dour shite, devoid of any insight, humor or originality. The Chakan Way. Thank God you’re back from your break, suitably refreshed

Wasn't on break as far as I know. But seems nothing has changed really, same old USA. Someone made fun of them boo boo.

Put me on ignore if it bothers you so much.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 12:00:52 am by Chakan »

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3174 on: January 26, 2023, 12:08:14 am »
This particular vehicle might be a gimmick, but the prevalence of Hummers and trucks with bonnet as tall as an average man suggest that military fetishism and "all must be crushed before the feet of my precious babies"...uh... ism... are particularly powerful forces in the US auto market.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #3175 on: January 26, 2023, 02:47:53 am »
Kansas hunter shot and killed by his dog.   ( in the Telegraph)

The guy apparently put a loaded and cocked shot gun in the back seat of his car. Weapon discharges when the dog steps on the trigger. He calls 911 but is dead when they get there.

The only thing comes to my mind is that a good dog with a gun would have stopped it. It’s pretty Darwinesque for me. Basic firearm handling stupidity.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3176 on: January 26, 2023, 03:06:40 am »

The guy apparently put a loaded and cocked shot gun in the back seat of his car. Weapon discharges when the dog steps on the trigger. He calls 911 but is dead when they get there.

The only thing comes to my mind is that a good dog with a gun would have stopped it. It’s pretty Darwinesque for me. Basic firearm handling stupidity.

Wonder if it was a gun dog.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3177 on: January 26, 2023, 03:09:02 am »
The most annoying thing about this, if you were this guy, has to be that you're getting all those headlines about your stupidity costing you your life only to realise that you're not even the first one to be so stupid. I think I've heard a story about a guy being shot by his dog in the US. Tried to google it, but of course most of the search results are about this incident, so I'm not sure whether the guy in the story I remembere was actually killed or just injured. However, this guy was still not the first one to get killed by his dog, because apparently there was a guy in Turkey last year, who got shot by his dog stepping on a loaded gun...

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3178 on: January 26, 2023, 10:05:31 am »

There's some poetic justice there.

And it was apparrently a truck (pickup) he was driving. Of course it was. Always is with these fuckers.  :lmao
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3179 on: January 26, 2023, 10:34:17 am »
There was one 2 or 3 months ago but I don't think that it was in the US.

Forget where though
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3180 on: January 26, 2023, 12:50:41 pm »
He didn't die, but I remember a story from way back about a guy in the US who took a shotgun to his wheel when trying to change the tyre, the blast ended up ricocheting into both his legs I think.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #3181 on: January 26, 2023, 11:09:30 pm »
Some..erm…interesting rules have been brought to light in the Proud Boys insurrection trial

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/proud-boys-trial-rule-book-masturbation-ban-1234666317/
Believer

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3182 on: January 26, 2023, 11:24:20 pm »
Couldn't read the article only read the URL and the headline. However, I can see now, why they seem  to be so angry about everything... ;)

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3183 on: January 26, 2023, 11:37:52 pm »

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #3184 on: January 27, 2023, 12:40:23 am »

He's one of the main reasons I quit this place.  Couldn't stand his hyperbole.

Just sayin'.

Carry on.  :wave

Kill the humourless

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3185 on: January 27, 2023, 02:38:21 am »

Just sayin'.

I know we got into it from time to time, especially over certain topics, and I hope I wasn’t also a reason you stopped posting. If I was, I apologize, and hope you’ll reconsider at some point.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 02:39:58 am by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #3186 on: January 27, 2023, 11:24:21 am »
Couldn't read the article only read the URL and the headline. However, I can see now, why they seem  to be so angry about everything... ;)

haha good point

Here's the article in full (was on my phone last night so c&p was a chore)

The sedition trial of five members of the extremist group The Proud Boys is underway in Washington, D.C., and the public is getting an in-depth look into the inner workings of the “Western Chauvinist” mens club.

On Monday, prosecutors entered a handbook into evidence that has been provided to Proud Boys members. The guidelines outline everything from the groups ideology, communal initiation procedures, group songs and chants, to bizarre rules banning individual behavior including the wearing of fedoras … and masturbation.

“This is our religion,” reads one rule. “A Proud Boy may not ejaculate alone more often than once every thirty days […] if he needs to ejaculate it must be within one yard of a woman with her consent. The woman may not be a prostitute.”

The rule also denies an exception for cyber-sex with one’s wife.

The document details the initiation rituals for the group’s various tiers, including the already infamous practice of punching an initiate while he recites brands of breakfast cereal, getting a Proud Boys tattoo, and engaging in one documented instance of “major conflict … for the cause.”
The guidelines grant chapters “full autonomy” to conduct business as they see fit, only requiring that they uphold the group’s belief that “West is Best.” The document specifies that while individual chapters have plenty of leeway the movement is fundamentally “about taking our civilization back” and “rebuilding the patriarchy.”

The routine proceedings outlined in the document include the group’s official song; a chant venerating guns, businessmen, and housewives; and a passage from Pat Buchanan’s The Death of The West lauding Western men as the heroes of history who defeated slavery.
The trial, which commenced earlier this month, charges five members of the group — National Chairman Enrique Tario, organizer Joe Biggs, and members Ethan Nordean, Zachary Rehl, and Dominic Pezzola — with seditious conspiracy. The government successfully convicted members of the extremist group The Oath Keepers on similar sedition charges last year.

Tarrio was arrested two days before the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol in connection to charges of destruction of property at a protest in the days leading up to the riot. After serving a shortened sentence, the chairman of the Proud Boys now stands accused alongside his cronies of aiding in the organization of the unrest on Jan. 6.

With the aid of Biggs, Tarrio curated a group composed of his most devoted members, known internally as the Ministry of Self Defense (MOSD). According to a federal indictment, the group, ditching the typical identifiers suggested by their handbook, obscured their affiliation and helped direct the violent mob into the Capitol. Pezzola allegedly filmed himself making a declaration of “Proud of Your Boy” after reportedly using a police officer’s baton to break through the windows of the building.

Following the attack, Tarrio took credit for the violence in a group chat with his comrades. “Make no mistake… We did this…” Tarrio wrote.

Believer

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3187 on: January 27, 2023, 12:31:56 pm »

Just sayin'.

Yet you're still here. Doesn't seem like you know what the word "quit" means.

Plus, boo hoo cry me a river.

Carry on :wave

Online Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3188 on: January 27, 2023, 02:58:32 pm »

Just sayin'.

I used to think he was an AI bot programmed to spit out rawk consensus opinions, but they just couldn't get the code quite right to sound like a normal human. Current theory is that it's a form of Tourette's

Anyway yeah you should come back and post more so this place isn't a total echo chamber. Opinions of normal human lifeforms living in the US are valuable for these threads

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3189 on: January 27, 2023, 03:11:07 pm »
I used to think he was an AI bot programmed to spit out rawk consensus opinions, but they just couldn't get the code quite right to sound like a normal human. Current theory is that it's a form of Tourette's

Anyway yeah you should come back and post more so this place isn't a total echo chamber. Opinions of normal human lifeforms living in the US are valuable for these threads

Sticks and stones.

So now you think I have mental illness.

Funny how you resort straight to insults. Well least one of us is showing his/her true colors.

Carry on :wave

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3190 on: January 27, 2023, 03:20:20 pm »

It's a viewpoint shared with a lot of incels, actually, so I guess it goes across the 'manosphere'. The idea is that 'adult material' is all part of an agenda (along with  video games, usually written 'vidya', drugs, alcohol) to keep men distracted and torpid.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3191 on: January 27, 2023, 07:13:03 pm »
Brilliant

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tXoJd4BoZTQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tXoJd4BoZTQ</a>

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3192 on: February 6, 2023, 10:16:56 am »
Fucking state of these pricks getting giddy and giving each other reach-rounds because they've shot a balloon.

USA! USA! USA!

CNN talking about the skill and bravery of the pilots.

USA! USA! USA!

WTF?

It was the size of 3 double decker busses and just floating around. The US 'defence' budget this year is $733,000,000,000.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3193 on: February 6, 2023, 02:18:46 pm »
Just find the whole thing cultish. Swearing allegiance, national anthem, flag thumping bullshit. Its almost brainwashed propaganda otherwise you're a traitor

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3194 on: February 6, 2023, 03:10:05 pm »
Just find the whole thing cultish. Swearing allegiance, national anthem, flag thumping bullshit. Its almost brainwashed propaganda otherwise you're a traitor

This

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3195 on: February 6, 2023, 03:22:42 pm »
I dunno, I thought it was pretty cool.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3196 on: February 6, 2023, 06:40:28 pm »

I think a decent amount nationalism in current state of situations regarding countries under external military pressure is fine but with the US and other emerging right wing countries (ex India, Serbia, Hungary) nationalism is becoming a persons entire personality.

You can almost profile without fail any US right wing or left wing follower in detail about their way of life and beliefs without ever knowing them. I won't do that here though.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3197 on: February 7, 2023, 07:17:44 pm »

I get a feeling the flag love fetish is the only thing keeping the States united.If that starts to drift away to more regional/State loyalty,USA as is could be done. not neccessarily a bad thing if they could do it without violence.The pledge of Allegiance take it back to it's original form and the trumpy loons would ban it.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/pledge-allegiance-pr-gimmick-patriotic-vow-180956332/

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3198 on: February 7, 2023, 11:12:00 pm »
Why can't the SOTU just be an email? Total waste of time. Just 60-90 mins of what a country 'could' be to its own people and the rest of the world.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3199 on: February 8, 2023, 06:58:20 am »

Definitely. A bit like royalism here.