Author Topic: SoccerManager - Looking for new managers  (Read 590021 times)

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
Re: Soccer Manager League 2
« Reply #8400 on: October 18, 2017, 04:18:37 pm »
I was the only one against the raised cap wasn't I?

Now I'm gone, you probably can raise it.  :)

I thought you were Team 40 Cap?!

Probably be next season before he gets a sniff of first team football. Eating up a spot in the cap is a killer. Should raise it really... :D

We'll see, we'll see. Lyon's a good place for youngsters coming through. Geubbels is 18 months younger than Gouiri and has already made his first team debut this season. Aouar has booted Depay out the starting line-up. Plenty of others like Ndombele getting good minutes as well. Gouiri will be next... choo choo :D

Always a tricky balancing act. You don't want loads of 17 year olds chewing up cap space, but if you want to land the next wonderkid before other managers get a whiff then you've gotta move early.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:26:23 pm by KingLuis10 »

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8401 on: October 18, 2017, 04:20:53 pm »
I thought you were Team 40 Cap?!

I was. Thought we were talking of raising it. 

It seems I was the only one against it at the time, but maybe I'm wrong.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #8402 on: October 18, 2017, 04:26:10 pm »
I was. Thought we were talking of raising it. 

It seems I was the only one against it at the time, but maybe I'm wrong.

Ah sorry, I misread your post. I think most of us are in favour of the 40 cap, I certainly am. I curse it every time I'm forced to sell a player, but it does a lot more good than bad.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8403 on: October 18, 2017, 04:55:58 pm »
Two new signings on the way for Inter today -

First we wave goodbye to Andy Robertson and Max Phillip (who has been with us since he started banging them in at Freiburg) with Julian Draxler joining us from Shak.

While Zaga-zaba-dou has already engineered a move to Barca when his TB expires, with Tierney also joining them in exchange for Sergi Roberto.

Big shake-up afoot at Inter. Come at me for more deals. I have the squad space for once and no-one is off limits. Balls on the table if anyone wants Icardi though.

Probably be next season before he gets a sniff of first team football. Eating up a spot in the cap is a killer. Should raise it really... :D

Same reason I passed him over. He's talented for sure, but not really tested at any real level of football. Those youth World Cups are pretty bad to be honest, some of the worst keeping you're likely to see. Odsonne Edouard had similar hype after ripping it up at the youth World Cups and then looked utter turd in Ligue 1. Scoring for Celtic now though, which doesn't really say much! I reckon Amine will get his debut in the French cup this season, but with Fekir and M. Diaz up top he's very unlikely to properly breakthrough this season. One for 2018/19 IMO. Anything can happen in football though. A few injuries and he could find himself starting. Not a bad gamble for sure.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8404 on: October 18, 2017, 05:02:18 pm »
And I'm very much for the 40 cap. It's a pain in the arse at times, but making those tough decisions on who to sign and who to let go is one of the most interesting aspects of the world. It's also often pretty beneficial for the smaller teams. Tierney, for example, was only picked up by me after PSG were forced to come down to the 40.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #8405 on: October 18, 2017, 05:30:16 pm »

Zagadou to Barca already?! Jeez that's right out the PSV transfer playbook ;D Nice deals though, two players who'll improve your first team squad and both are at the perfect age. Good to see Inter strengthening as well. The more teams with interesting players on their books, the more teams I can deal with :D Where you planning on playing Sergi Roberto by the way? I was actually looking through your squad just yesterday and wondering whether you might be interested in one of my LBs.

That's a fair assessment of Gouiri. Only thing I'd say is that I haven't really been paying attention to the U17 World Cup, I came across Gouiri while reading up on his buddy Willem Geubbels a few weeks back. Completely agree that youth World Cups are terrible for scouting players. Came across this lad called a few years back, Brazilian going by the name of MOSQUITO ;D Snapped him up on SM after he absolutely bossed it at one of these tournaments. A few years on and he's 21 now, 77 rated and playing in Argentina.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8406 on: October 18, 2017, 05:54:14 pm »
Simply had to have the young Gael Tierney at the nou camp. Have a love jones for him for a while now. Been waiting in the grass for him a long time. Zagadou is predator mkII

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8407 on: October 18, 2017, 05:59:38 pm »
;D Nice deals though, two players who'll improve your first team squad and both are at the perfect age.
Bingo. Bar the odd superhuman out there, most players are just about the true footballers they'll become at early to mid twenties. The potential has been realised and they're the true real deal by then. Sweetspot

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8408 on: October 18, 2017, 06:12:02 pm »

Haha I thought you'd like that  :D  Yep, definitely pleased with both deals. Going a bit moneyball with Drax, as his stock is down right now with Neymar and Mbappe taking the limelight at PSG. But as you say, he's a good age and he's still getting picked for Germany too. Could even be a January move in the offing. It also means I can streamline my squad a bit more, with Hernandez likely to depart and Son to take back up striker duties. You guessed it with Sergi. As long as he keeps his LB position then that's where I'll play him. Talks of a deal for him were the reason I let Milner leave.

I've seen Gouiri talked up in France too. Even some totally unfounded comparisons to Zizou. He's definitely a talent and one to keep an eye on. Didn't realise you had Geubbels as well. Nice pick up that. And who wouldn't fall for a footballer called Mosquito  ;D  The name is half the hype anyway. Looking forward to using my new found squad space on some new hype machines myself. Having a bit of a declutter at Inter. Might even be persuaded to trade on Conti if he's still on your radar by the way. Though I'm a bit top heavy in the youth ranks with my continued striker obsession, so I'm trying not to trade too many defenders out.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:14:27 pm by Betty Blue »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8409 on: October 18, 2017, 06:18:22 pm »
Simply had to have the young Gael Tierney at the nou camp. Have a love jones for him for a while now. Been waiting in the grass for him a long time. Zagadou is predator mkII

I love Tierney. Very confident he's going to be huge, but he's at least a season away from a big move and Inter can't really afford to wait that long. Might have held on had the Scots made the World Cup though.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8410 on: October 18, 2017, 06:21:40 pm »
You guessed it with Sergi. As long as he keeps his LB position then that's where I'll play him.

Is it rare for a player to lose a position ability?

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #8411 on: October 18, 2017, 06:35:35 pm »
Haha I thought you'd like that  :D  Yep, definitely pleased with both deals. Going a bit moneyball with Drax, as his stock is down right now with Neymar and Mbappe taking the limelight at PSG. But as you say, he's a good age and he's still getting picked for Germany too. Could even be a January move in the offing. It also means I can streamline my squad a bit more, with Hernandez likely to depart and Son to take back up striker duties. You guessed it with Sergi. As long as he keeps his LB position then that's where I'll play him. Talks of a deal for him were the reason I let Milner leave.

I've seen Gouiri talked up in France too. Even some totally unfounded comparisons to Zizou. He's definitely a talent and one to keep an eye on. Didn't realise you had Geubbels as well. Nice pick up that. And who wouldn't fall for a footballer called Mosquito  ;D  The name is half the hype anyway. Looking forward to using my new found squad space on some new hype machines myself. Having a bit of a declutter at Inter. Might even be persuaded to trade on Conti if he's still on your radar by the way. Though I'm a bit top heavy in the youth ranks with my continued striker obsession, so I'm trying not to trade too many defenders out.

I felt a bit sorry for Draxler this summer. Cracking start at PSG, then they go and splurge 200m on one of the best players in the world, who plays in exactly the same position. Wasn't really sure where that left Draxler and there were rumours he might leave, but PSG seem to have found a role for him through the middle this season. Always thought he was more of a #10 than a winger but he's had a few games playing even deeper this season, almost as a CM. Played well there as well, so perhaps that's something to look out for.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8412 on: October 18, 2017, 06:54:40 pm »
Is it rare for a player to lose a position ability?

It can happen at any time during a season. There doesn't seem to be any pattern. CC was just stung in the Sleeping Giants World the other day when they took Kessie's CB position away right before a key match.

I felt a bit sorry for Draxler this summer. Cracking start at PSG, then they go and splurge 200m on one of the best players in the world, who plays in exactly the same position. Wasn't really sure where that left Draxler and there were rumours he might leave, but PSG seem to have found a role for him through the middle this season. Always thought he was more of a #10 than a winger but he's had a few games playing even deeper this season, almost as a CM. Played well there as well, so perhaps that's something to look out for.

Yep, I noticed he was playing at CM too. Didn't actually watch the game, so I have no idea how that went. But interesting that they're searching for ways to keep him in the side. There's a top top player in there for sure.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8413 on: October 18, 2017, 08:24:29 pm »
They need to hurry up with these rises and let them be a true reflection. Mbappe and Jesus are on fire.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8414 on: October 18, 2017, 09:27:18 pm »
It can happen at any time during a season. There doesn't seem to be any pattern. CC was just stung in the Sleeping Giants World the other day when they took Kessie's CB position away right before a key match.

Oh right, I thought it was a rare a player lost a position.

But maybe it isn't then.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8415 on: October 18, 2017, 09:35:56 pm »
Oh right, I thought it was a rare a player lost a position.

But maybe it isn't then.
It can happen any time but not as much as it should. Oddly though they cant wait to dish out new positions to players

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8416 on: October 18, 2017, 09:51:02 pm »
It can happen any time but not as much as it should. Oddly though they cant wait to dish out new positions to players

Especially the RB position. They're obsessed with giving that to players who have randomly played there a handful of times. Fernandinho last season was one I remember.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8417 on: October 18, 2017, 09:54:11 pm »
Especially the RB position. They're obsessed with giving that to players who have randomly played there a handful of times. Fernandinho last season was one I remember.
Felipe Anderson ffs. Didn't even play as a right back. Played on the right of a 3-5-2 :lmao

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8418 on: October 18, 2017, 10:08:01 pm »
Clyne got LB, I think he's only played that position once for LFC.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #8419 on: October 26, 2017, 10:04:44 am »
Ice cold baby. Ice cold!

Almost worth staying in Div. 2 another season just so we can keep winning all these bidding wars. Almost :D

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #8420 on: October 26, 2017, 10:11:51 am »
Any room for me thats not the Mancs?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8421 on: October 26, 2017, 10:14:44 am »
Almost worth staying in Div. 2 another season just so we can keep winning all these bidding wars. Almost :D

Who did you get?

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #8422 on: October 26, 2017, 10:44:27 am »
Who did you get?

Your guy Kurzawa, he slipped away to an external during the initial bidding war as people bid on Zagadou and Lenglet instead. There’s another big one coming up in a couple days but I’ll probably hold back and give the others a chance. Can’t even remember the last time I lost a bidding war, they must hate me by now  :-X :lmao

Yes mate, there are loads of unmanaged teams in Division 2.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8423 on: October 26, 2017, 10:46:27 am »
Your guy Kurzawa, he slipped away to an external during the initial bidding war as people bid on Zagadou and Lenglet instead. There’s another big one coming up in a couple days but I’ll probably hold back and give the others a chance. Can’t even remember the last time I lost a bidding war, they must hate me by now  :-X :lmao

Nice.

Oh sod that, not your fault you're winning them.  You defo go in again if you want that player!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8424 on: October 26, 2017, 05:09:07 pm »
Should take Zenit. Still a few good youngsters you could probably trade down the line

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8425 on: October 26, 2017, 05:10:22 pm »
Can’t even remember the last time I lost a bidding war, they must hate me by now  :-X :lmao
By 'they' you mean Betty? ;D Betty was wise. Plumped for Sergi Roberto for that very reason i bet

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #8426 on: October 26, 2017, 06:41:54 pm »
Just 'they' in general, anyone who's been part of these bidding wars.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #8427 on: October 26, 2017, 06:46:28 pm »
Someone just knocked backed a very good bid from me.

Darn.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8428 on: October 26, 2017, 07:04:51 pm »
By 'they' you mean Betty? ;D Betty was wise. Plumped for Sergi Roberto for that very reason i bet

Haha indeed. I initially bid for Kurzawa and then changed my mind with one eye on a deal for Sergi (as we'd already discussed it way back). Kurzawa is a nice 'free' signing, but not a player I'd trade for.

I'd go for Valencia. Decent platform to build from, doing pretty well in the league already and very few transfer banned players to have to wait an age to shift. You can also then buy one of Zenit's remaining good players.

Darn.

Wonders never cease.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 07:06:28 pm by Betty Blue »

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8429 on: October 26, 2017, 07:40:40 pm »
Meaning ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8430 on: October 26, 2017, 08:32:41 pm »
I lovely change to 4231 sees Real smash Juventus.

Higuain is flying.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8431 on: October 26, 2017, 08:40:17 pm »
Meaning ?

Nowt. Just ribbing you.

Lucky to play Chelsea tonight during one of Terry's sabbaticals, with his team absolutely exhausted. 3-0 win with 25 shots on goal!  :o

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8432 on: October 26, 2017, 08:56:12 pm »
Nowt. Just ribbing you.

Lucky to play Chelsea tonight during one of Terry's sabbaticals, with his team absolutely exhausted. 3-0 win with 25 shots on goal!  :o

Bellend .

:lmao

Sparta lose but worth it because of Tuesday .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8433 on: October 26, 2017, 08:57:35 pm »
 :lmao

Wrong thread.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8434 on: October 26, 2017, 10:14:21 pm »
Injuries, injuries and more injuries.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8435 on: October 26, 2017, 10:19:24 pm »
Injuries, injuries and more injuries.

Who ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8436 on: October 26, 2017, 10:24:11 pm »

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8437 on: October 26, 2017, 11:06:06 pm »
I checked.

Pique out til 21st November .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8438 on: October 27, 2017, 07:05:43 am »

Darn.
Your offers are out of this world. From another planet!!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8439 on: October 27, 2017, 07:06:59 am »
I checked.

Pique out til 21st November .
More worried about barca meeting with Alex on sunday than the 16th ;D