Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 339443 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chelsea FC
« Reply #30120 on: July 27, 2023, 04:23:16 pm »
I don’t think people are expecting much of them this season, but I think they’ll go really well. They have so much talent and though Pochettino isn’t absolutely elite he’s a mile better than what was there after October last season. They need more central midfielders I think but aside from that they’ve got a stack to work with and loads of training ground time. I would say they’re 4th best as things stand with the raw materials to potentially be even better.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #30121 on: July 27, 2023, 05:42:49 pm »
Think we're probably playing them at the right time, can see it being a bit of a mess for him wondering what team to pick. Of course we have to sort ourselves out a defensive midfield player but really we've got a good set up already waiting to punish some teams this season I feel.

Can't see them getting back into the Champions League yet though. City will obviously take a spot and you'd like to think we will too. Arsenal also should even though I don't think they'll be quite as good as last season and then who knows, one of United or Newcastle maybe but don't think either have bought well yet. Brighton and Villa around the Europa League spots again and Spurs will be top half you'd think. Maybe Europa or Conference League but they can't be much worse than last seaosn unfortunately.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30122 on: July 27, 2023, 05:47:18 pm »
Todd Boehly's like a football equivalent of a dung beetle,soon as he smells a deal's close somewhere he waddles along a Clearlake check in hand.

Though dung beetles are actually very useful and important unlike Tod.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 05:48:58 pm by Tobelius »

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #30123 on: July 28, 2023, 12:28:25 am »
Todd Boehly's like a football equivalent of a dung beetle,soon as he smells a deal's close somewhere he waddles along a Clearlake check in hand.

Though dung beetles are actually very useful and important unlike Tod.
Always thought these were a bunch of fucking scarabs
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online The_Nomad

• Kopite
« Reply #30124 on: July 28, 2023, 01:08:34 am »
Always thought these were a bunch of fucking scarabs

Well played, sir. 😆
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30125 on: July 28, 2023, 02:29:41 am »
Well played, sir. 😆

I feel like the Nomad would know!

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #30126 on: July 28, 2023, 06:09:33 am »
21/22
In - (€118m)
Out - €149m
Net - €31m

22/23
In - (€611m)
Out - €68m
Net - (€543m)

23/24 - So Far
In - (€112m)
Out - €254m
Net - €142m

3 Year Net on Transfers - (€370m)

If they buy Caciedo it's likely to take that close to half a billion Euro in net spend alone. If the rules can be circumvented and are not universal in nature then they stop being rules and are no longer fit for purpose.

If you go back 12 months, the (€370m) net spend over 3 years becomes (€702m) :no

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #30127 on: July 28, 2023, 06:29:51 pm »
Fined €10m for historical ffp breaches that their owners informed uefa of when they took over.

Years of cooking the books
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #30128 on: July 28, 2023, 06:35:03 pm »
Fined €10m for historical ffp breaches that their owners informed uefa of when they took over.

Not their first time either. A transfer ban would have been far more damaging

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #30129 on: July 28, 2023, 06:36:48 pm »
Not their first time either. A transfer ban would have been far more damaging

And what they should've gotten.

So that's Chelsea and United fined for FFP breaches, Juve banned from Europe, meanwhile Manchester City, the biggest cheats in Football....

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #30130 on: July 28, 2023, 06:43:35 pm »
Juventus get away with the embarrassment of having to play in the Conference League, it's hardly a punishment for them. I wonder what the punishment would have been (or that they'd have accepted) if they'd been in the CL?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30131 on: July 28, 2023, 06:48:16 pm »
Bullshit punishment, basically got away with it. Don't understand why there weren't severely punished for this.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #30132 on: July 28, 2023, 06:48:17 pm »

Presumably, the Premier League will be all over that.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30133 on: July 28, 2023, 07:08:02 pm »
Presumably, the Premier League will be all over that.

Cooking the books, you mean.   ;)

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chelsea FC - the Prodigal Messiah Returns
« Reply #30134 on: July 28, 2023, 07:26:11 pm »
Going through their account, they look screwed.

This season, this ratio must be 90% or less:

(Wages+Agent fees+Amortisation and any impairment of transfer fees)/(Adjusted revenue+profit or loss on player sales).

Their core revenue (infrastructure improvements aren't included) can't absorb their current costs. Hence, they are a selling club that is dependent of selling players for more than their amortised value. Why is this an issue anyway? It is because they need to accept losses on some of their big money flops like Lukaku to get them off their wage bill. From an accounting POV, it'd be better to continue loaning him out that cut their losses which will put them more in the red. The issue is that there are new limits to the number of players they can loan out.

They MUST sell well but clubs know that they are desperate and might try to lowball them which will be pointless. Also, the 9-year contract offered to some players will make their amortised values higher for a longer period of time which would make it hard to shift them for a profit if they flop. For example, Fernandez's amortised value is still around €100m. Now, the profit on sales considers the last 3 years and then divides that by 3. This means that only a 3rd of any profit they make will be factored in.

The analysis I did was using their latest accounts (when they add CL football). Now, they aren't even in Europe which will really hit their wallets and tighten their margins.

I don't see them passing FFP next season. Will be very interesting to see how they go about it.
They sold well but it wasn't enough. Like I said earlier, what they do with Lukaku will be very interesting  from a financial POV.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30135 on: July 28, 2023, 07:27:23 pm »

Is that it? That’s not a good deterrent for overspending. They’ll just budget in fines.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30136 on: July 28, 2023, 07:38:57 pm »
They said gimme 10 million and everything's fine again.
That'll really put the fear of God into the various sportswashers about.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30137 on: July 28, 2023, 07:42:16 pm »
They said gimme 10 million and everything's fine again.
That'll really put the fear of God into the various sportswashers about.
The punishment for the first offence is a small fine. City got kicked out of Europe for persistent cheating.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30138 on: July 28, 2023, 07:46:04 pm »
The punishment for the first offence is a small fine. City got kicked out of Europe for persistent cheating.

Still,no matter how they did it here they are with a freshly engraved Champions League trophy.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30139 on: July 29, 2023, 07:57:47 pm »
If you fine clubs for breaking the rules, you are basically saying the rules don't exist if you are rich enough.

c*nts

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #30140 on: July 29, 2023, 08:07:14 pm »
Club: "We're going to spend money excessively and revel in doing so"

Authorities: "How dare you! To punish you we'll make you spend some money"

Club: "Coolio"

Everyone else: "Yeah about that..."
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30141 on: July 30, 2023, 07:54:49 pm »
Presume Chelsea will have a Saudi shirt sponsor just about 2-3 days before the season starts

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30142 on: July 30, 2023, 09:02:45 pm »
Presume Chelsea will have a Saudi shirt sponsor just about 2-3 days before the season starts
Was going to ask. They don't have one at the moment? Odd.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30143 on: July 31, 2023, 12:10:16 pm »