Author Topic: Match Preview: UCL QF 2nd Leg City 0 v Liverpool 3 [10 April 2018, KO 19:45 GMT]  (Read 126412 times)

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
State of that City team! We’ll twat these 5-0!!!!

Offline Greg86

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Self Amortizing
Pep pulling out the Christmas tree early?

Back 3, De Bruyne next to fernandinho with sane and sterling wing backs?

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
They going to overload wings, they know they can't win the battle in the middle of the park, gini and milner will be our key

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
No Aguero is good. Always plays well against us at the Etihad.
YWNA

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
Ha ha, placky flags, placky fans. What a load of shite. All the build up is about City making the comeback, they can do it, blah blah blah... Sorry but with that defence City can pose whatever threat they like up front, they are far too lightweight at the back to cope with our lads. Psychologically they must be all over the place. Our lads, on the other hand, smell blood. Away goal or two and the tie is dead, the Etihad empties before an hour is gone.

Offline Dubai_Red

• Can smell nullshit from 4,608 miles away
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
If it’s 3 nil to them and we get a penalty in the last minute, who would you want to take it.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
Wonder if they’re playing walker at right centre back in a back 3. He played there for England a few weeks ago and he’s got pace to keep up with mane. Wonder if that’s what pep is going for.

3-4-3 for them?

Ederson
Walker otamendi laporte
Sterling Fernandinho Silva  Sane
De Bruyne Jesus Bernardo

to be honest fuck knows what they’re playing. Hard to guess with pep and his formations.

Come on redmen let’s stuff them. Let’s hope we don’t need our bench cause we’re badly lacking of any quality on there

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
Pep pulling out the Christmas tree early?

Back 3, De Bruyne next to fernandinho with sane and sterling wing backs?

Where is bernardo playing then? Up top? Or they playing wing backs and wingers with Silva and Bernardo out wide?

My guess is De Bruyne and Fernandinho depper with Silva in front of them and either Sterling or Bernardo are up top with Jesus and the other is the RWB with Sane the LWB.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If it’s 3 nil to them and we get a penalty in the last minute, who would you want to take it.

Salah.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Their line up has really eased my nerves
He’s over coaching and knows he doesn’t have a good way to handle us
I’d be really disappointed if we don’t score against that side

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
I don't get their formation.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Pep trying to be cheeky again. When the chips are down he always goes for something completely mad that will be viewed as "genius." Hope it all falls apart spectacularly for him.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Come on you Redmen!!  :scarf

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
An hour to go, nerves starting now. Come on Redmen and follow your destiny.  :scarf
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
Jan Mølby.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
I don't get their formation.

I don't think anyone else does either. Maybe he is trying to confuse us.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Pep trying to be cheeky again. When the chips are down he always goes for something completely mad that will be viewed as "genius." Hope it all falls apart spectacularly for him.

He’s a baldy, hipster twat.

Offline Greg86

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Self Amortizing
Where is bernardo playing then? Up top? Or they playing wing backs and wingers with Silva and Bernardo out wide?

My guess is De Bruyne and Fernandinho depper with Silva in front of them and either Sterling or Bernardo are up top with Jesus and the other is the RWB with Sane the LWB.

Bernardo and Silva behind Jesus surely?

I wouldn't be suprised to see walker on the left of a back three either. He's got the pace to keep up with Salah, although it leaves mane and robertson with more space possibly.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
Do I live in an alternative universe?

It's nearer an hour and a half

:o

An hour from team release, hence the team reference
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Who cares what Guardiola is trying to do, Salah has made it and that should be all that matters.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Let's fooking do this!🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
Jesus was nailed on

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Pep's practically put all his eggs in one basket (minus Aguero) and he's going all out attack.

He has a history of doing odd things post Barca in semi finals of this competition with Bayern.

This is a system they have hardly played,this plays right into our hands.

As it's been written on here a few times Pep's teams are all about control and Klopp teams are all about disrupting control.

I am really confident now,that line up from City is really  unbalanced.

Fuck knows who's marking Salah at LWB. ;D

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
Looks like a 3-4-3 diamond made popular by Cruyff at Barcelona.

Walker - Otamendi - Laporte
Fernandinho
de Bruyne - Silva
Bernardo
Sterling - Jesus - Sane

Should be interesting. Can't see us not grabbing a goal though with Mane/Firmino/Salah essentially isolated against their defence.
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
Jesus was nailed on

Good thing we got Mohammed Salah back.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 06:50:51 pm by LFC when it suits »

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Pep going all out attack, suppose he doesn't have much choice. Fancy our chances down the sides with Mane and Salah.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah sterling and sane will be their wing backs defensively

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
Given Agueros record in this fixture we have to be pleased he doesn't start.

It looks like Pep has basically set them up for an all or nothing performance.

One thing is for sure, we will get chances on the break.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No Aguero  8)

Up the fucking Reds
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Pep going all out attack, suppose he doesn't have much choice. Fancy our chances down the sides with Mane and Salah.

But their best striker isn't playing.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
We will score within the first five minutes.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
There's some things you can't buy....

Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
Pep's practically put all his eggs in one basket (minus Aguero) and he's going all out attack.

He has a history of doing odd things post Barca in semi finals of this competition with Bayern.

This is a system they have hardly played,this plays right into our hands.

As it's been written on here a few times Pep's teams are all about control and Klopp teams are all about disrupting control.

I am really confident now,that line up from City is really  unbalanced.

Fuck knows who's marking Salah at LWB. ;D

He doesn't really play on the wing though. Mane v sterling at rwb?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jesus was nailed on

Even he can't save them now! ;D

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jesus barely got a look in last week, I'd expect more from him this week, but he's still no Aguero, who can seemingly score from anywhere
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
We will score within the first five minutes.

would be wonderful and ease my nervous tension no end if that were the case. 

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
The 5-0 at City earlier in the season is a blessing in disguise. At least we are aware that this tie is not actually done.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
There's some things you can't buy....

For everything else, there's plastic

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
As you can see from the speculation on here, he can play a variety of shapes, sure, but every variation there has plenty for us to aim at. Play Sterling and Sane as wing-backs, you already limit your most potent 1v1 players, alleviate one of our major worries by giving them a defensive brief, by giving us a chance to go behind and pin them back. You play someone like B. Silva wider, that works as someone weaker defensively to target. The wider take from that line-up is he's gone for bust with possession there, as usual, so we don't have to drastically change anything. Within that framework, of course you'll need to observe and adapt to their shape changes, their little tweaks in game.