Author Topic: The Daniel Sturridge  (Read 287879 times)

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
Re: The Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2018, 10:18:45 pm »
Imagine, though...

I remember him playing on the right against West Ham two seasons ago, drifting inwards. The Salah role before Salah. He did really well. I think he could be an excellent back-up for Mo.

Offline Dieslink

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2018, 10:20:03 pm »
That’s the Daniel Sturridge we need this season.

What about Sturridge as AM :

Mane   Firmino     Salah
    Sturridge   Keita 
        Fabinho

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2018, 10:20:55 pm »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2018, 10:20:58 pm »
He's like heroin really, you know it's bad for you but you keep coming back for more. He's silky smooth when in full flight though and I'm more than happy to have him around. All the younger lads love him as well.

Perfectly put.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2018, 10:30:53 pm »
I personally don't see the point in selling him for his current value. Whatever we can get for him is worth the gamble. Even in the current market, no team will risk more than 15 million on him given his injury history. I think that's an amount worth taking the risk for. If it works out, we could have an absolute tonker of a supersub. He can offer something different to what we have in our other options and it also allows to let Solanke go on loan, which I think would be better for Dom's development, because I feel long term, Dom has the attributes to be Firmino's like-for-like replacement (I know his work-rate and pressing intelligence is nowhere close, but he's young and that can be worked on - Physically and Technically he's sound enough).

Has Sturridge every put in a decent performance coming on a sub? From what I can vaguely remember, he'd come on, be rusty and everyone goes "Give him a few games" and then he'd break again. Rinse and repeat. He's a ticking time bomb sadly. Had one boss season in his career and he's hitting 29 this September. The footballing talent is there, but is his body and mind ready? If he was up for it, he'd be perfect from Ligue 1 or Serie A. Falcao looked finished playing for Chelsea and United, but looks like his old self for Monaco despite the injuries. However, whenever do you see a English lad go abroad.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2018, 10:43:57 pm »
Hopefully all the recent talking up of his current form and mood is just a way to get someone to pay somewhat near his current wages in a move away.  I get that he's a current LFC player and we should all want the best for him.  That doesn't override also thinking about what gives LFC the best chance to win something in 18/19 and that certainly isn't by shifting a potential player that could contribute on the pipe dream that Sturridge might contribute something for the first time in years.  We need to find out if Solanke's potential can be translated into production.  We promised Brewster a first team chance and I'm under the assumption that this wouldn't be done unless he could actually contribute.  I'm happy if I'm wrong but just the thought of it has warning signs blaring away in my head.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2018, 10:49:39 pm »
I really, really, really want him to stay fit and have a future here, because even with his reduced pace he's still one classy player. Such technique, such finishing, and would be a great option on the bench for when we needed a goal. Christ, if he could somehow stay fit I still believe he's of a high enough standard to challenge for a first team spot.

Still, it feels like we've been burned before...fuck it, the scar tissue is nearly healed. Burn me again with your dreams of fitness and beautiful goals Daniel, burn me like a motherfucker. I yearn to feel the fiery touch of your wandlike left foot once more.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2018, 10:49:44 pm »
Hopefully all the recent talking up of his current form and mood is just a way to get someone to pay somewhat near his current wages in a move away.  I get that he's a current LFC player and we should all want the best for him.  That doesn't override also thinking about what gives LFC the best chance to win something in 18/19 and that certainly isn't by shifting a potential player that could contribute on the pipe dream that Sturridge might contribute something for the first time in years.  We need to find out if Solanke's potential can be translated into production.  We promised Brewster a first team chance and I'm under the assumption that this wouldn't be done unless he could actually contribute.  I'm happy if I'm wrong but just the thought of it has warning signs blaring away in my head.

I mean tt's not like Brewster can play on the right and left or anything

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2018, 10:53:03 pm »
Reckon going to West Brom has opened his eyes a little bit. Working under that shitehawk Pardew, with absolute dross for team mates and less impressive training facilities. Sure, he was injured for the entirety of the loan, but just being in that atmosphere probably made him realise how good he has it at Liverpool. I don't think his attitude was ever as bad as some make out, but hopefully now we start to see more of that translate on to the pitch in terms of workrate and pressing.

Honestly, I'd keep him. Because on current form, half a season of Sturridge would be much more productive than an entire season of Origi or Solanke. Dom still has potential mind, so if we went into next season with Sturridge, Solanke and Brewster as our backup strikers, whilst moving Ings and Origi on, that'd do me just fine.

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2018, 10:55:40 pm »

A fit and firing Sturridge is better than Solanke, Brewster, Ings and Origi put together so surely that makes him our best chance of winning something in 18/19? Either way I reckon Klopp knows what he's doing. We don't know how much of a part he'll play.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2018, 10:56:28 pm »
I hope he can stay fit.

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2018, 10:57:48 pm »
We've seen this movie a million times before, we know how it ends

One can hope though I guess hes by far the best option out of our backup forwards

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2018, 10:58:28 pm »
At the end of the day, the season won't rest on the fitness of Daniel Sturridge. He can play a role in the squad as a backup with some class, and I hope he does.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2018, 10:59:24 pm »
A fit and firing Sturridge is better than Solanke, Brewster, Ings and Origi put together so surely that makes him our best chance of winning something in 18/19? Either way I reckon Klopp knows what he's doing. We don't know how much of a part he'll play.

Yep & taking into consideration that he has lost some of his pace,even now (fit) he is one of the best strikers in the league.

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2018, 10:59:42 pm »
At the end of the day, the season won't rest on the fitness of Daniel Sturridge. He can play a role in the squad as a backup with some class, and I hope he does.

Yes, we're not reliant on him like we once were. He's a brucey bonus at this point

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2018, 11:01:00 pm »

Exactly, which is why there's no need to feel reluctant to be hopeful of him playing a part.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2018, 11:04:15 pm »
Se queda.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2018, 11:04:57 pm »
Has Sturridge every put in a decent performance coming on a sub?

Sturridge is the 3rd most prolific sub in the club's history.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2018, 11:24:02 pm »
No idea where all of the optimism or goodwill is coming from. He's barely contributed in four years, barring the occasional cameo off the bench. I'd love for him to return as the player we all once saw, but it's not realistic. Even when fit, his physicality is hugely reduced and he really struggles to impact the game as a starter.

The ideal scenario would be to get rid of him for around £15 million, but it's likely nobody will pay anywhere near the wages he's currently on.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2018, 11:26:22 pm »
No idea where all of the optimism or goodwill is coming from. He's barely contributed in four years, barring the occasional cameo off the bench. I'd love for him to return as the player we all once saw, but it's not realistic. Even when fit, his physicality is hugely reduced and he really struggles to impact the game as a starter.

The ideal scenario would be to get rid of him for around £15 million, but it's likely nobody will pay anywhere near the wages he's currently on.

The guy massively contributed to our last genuine title challenge, has always spoken well of the club, has a fantastic rapport with fans and other players, is a seriously talented footballer even given his diminished athletic ability, and you don't know where the goodwill is coming from?

Do we even need to explain goodwill towards one of our own?
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2018, 11:27:04 pm »
:D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2018, 11:28:37 pm »

Can you at least give him a chance? He is a Liverpool player.

Offline bornandbRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2018, 11:32:55 pm »
The guy massively contributed to our last genuine title challenge, has always spoken well of the club, has a fantastic rapport with fans and other players, is a seriously talented footballer even given his diminished athletic ability, and you don't know where the goodwill is coming from?

That's all well and good, but that was a whole four years ago. I don't bear any dislike towards him as an individual, but in footballing terms, his contribution has been next to nothing in recent times. Players have been moved on for far less.

Can you at least give him a chance? He is a Liverpool player.

He's had four seasons.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2018, 11:37:50 pm »
The deputy number 9 spot is a conundrum. But if Sturridge is involved in it, then that can only be positive.

How long it lasts god only knows, but am betting He'd go short.

Solanke? OK. Brewster? Really glad he signed. Fekir? More fitness questions. Salah? Would rather not have to.

So in short, a crock, a kid, and a misfiring, doesn't really fit in playing wise Solanke as back up/partners. It might work?

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2018, 11:41:51 pm »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2018, 11:41:58 pm »
He's had four seasons.

During which he's had a shit time with injuries and their psychological effects on him. There's no risk in him being an active part of the squad if he can remain fit.

Offline bornandbRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2018, 11:47:18 pm »
During which he's had a shit time with injuries and their psychological effects on him. There's no risk in him being an active part of the squad if he can remain fit.

Evidence shows he most likely won't remain fit. So there definitely is a risk.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2018, 11:49:08 pm »
One of my favourite ever players, so glad to see that he has seemingly managed to work himself back into Klopp's plans and also seems happy to stay here.

Not a chance he stays fit for the entire season but I'd rather have Sturridge available to play for 50% of our games than the club save a few million and we play Solanke instead.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2018, 11:50:08 pm »
I'd rather talk about this than Karius and all the other crap.

Plus one poster said it's like heroin - and we all love heroin. Right? RIGHT?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2018, 11:51:55 pm »

Reckon going to West Brom has opened his eyes a little bit. Working under that shitehawk Pardew, with absolute dross for team mates and less impressive training facilities. Sure, he was injured for the entirety of the loan, but just being in that atmosphere probably made him realise how good he has it at Liverpool.
I don't think his attitude was ever as bad as some make out, but hopefully now we start to see more of that translate on to the pitch in terms of workrate and pressing.

Honestly, I'd keep him. Because on current form, half a season of Sturridge would be much more productive than an entire season of Origi or Solanke. Dom still has potential mind, so if we went into next season with Sturridge, Solanke and Brewster as our backup strikers, whilst moving Ings and Origi on, that'd do me just fine.

I think he has admitted as much in his interview and has done some growing up as well - which is still possible at 27/28.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2018, 12:00:07 am »
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2018, 12:00:47 am »
He's like the ex girlfriend you find your mind flirting back to every so often. You know you shouldn't, but given the chance you just would.
And then in your first big makeout session with her again, she sprains her face and you can't kiss her again for 3 months.  :P
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2018, 12:02:18 am »
He is quality, no doubt. The problem is he is not available to play enough games. We are still dreaming about another 13/14 season, but the reality is that's five years ago. We can all wish he stays fit and of course we do. We know he is ace when fit. I'm just really surprised he is still at the club. Few players have lived on past glories this long.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2018, 12:03:03 am »
Plus one poster said it's like heroin - and we all love heroin. Right? RIGHT?

It's a bit moreish
Better looking than Samie.

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2018, 12:05:49 am »
A very talented player.... too good to not be utilised .
YNWA

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2018, 12:06:01 am »
Evidence shows he most likely won't remain fit. So there definitely is a risk.

But if he is fit and able to play, we might as well have him in the team. I get he has had serious injury problems, but at the same time we can't just leave him on the sidelines out of fear.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2018, 12:10:10 am »
But if he is fit and able to play, we might as well have him in the team. I get he has had serious injury problems, but at the same time we can't just leave him on the sidelines out of fear.

We should do a medical.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2018, 12:12:20 am »

Tell that to Klopp

I don't think it's cowardice that is going to leave Sturridge on the bench (and sometimes not in the squad). Playing him from the start against fitter faster and stronger players just isn't going to happen. Especially as there's no way he isn't getting subbed before the end. It's a big commitment, guaranteeing that he has to spend one sub there, and only have two (maximum) left for the other ten players

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2018, 12:15:03 am »
Tell that to Klopp

I don't think it's cowardice that is going to leave Sturridge on the bench (and sometimes not in the squad). Playing him from the start against fitter faster and stronger players just isn't going to happen. Especially as there's no way he isn't getting subbed before the end. It's a big commitment, guaranteeing that he has to spend one sub there, and only have two (maximum) left for the other ten players

I would trust Klopp to do the right thing about Sturridge, sure. I just think he should be considered as an option.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2018, 12:17:38 am »

The fact that you have to ask this on Rawk is mind boggling