Author Topic: Rafa Benitez- A Picture Tribute  (Read 70995 times)

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
Re: Rafa Benitez- A Picture Tribute
« Reply #360 on: July 20, 2022, 08:10:21 pm »
Not big on looking for role models in life -  it will be what it will be ................. but Rafa, in a world short on 'honour' he has my total respect

Rafa, like Klopp, is an absolute gentleman and a gem of a person. Hope he doesn't end up at the Barcodes or other sports-washers.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: August 19, 2022, 07:41:53 pm »
'Rafa Benítez • Tactics: Liverpool, Valencia and the 4-2-3-1 • Masterclass' - an 18 minute video from 'The Coaches' Voice' youtube channel:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mDaOAnLv538" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mDaOAnLv538</a>

Thanks for this, watched this last week. Really interesting to hear him talk about his time here and his other previous teams (that Valencia side was pretty great) and what his philosophy was as well as how some of the best teams nowadays play.

It really makes me sad that we didn't get the second CL win or the league title for him, because his overall reputation would probably be closer to that what it should it be. He worked some magic with our team when he was here, but he was just too restriced by us having very little and then (in the end) no money. Had we been bought by decent people like FSG seem to be instead of Gillett and Hicks he would have won at least one league title for us in my view. But when we finally had a good team things fell apart when he wasn't allowed to spend any money even if he made it himself by selling a player like Alonso.

I also think that Klopp and Rafa are quite similar even though there clearly are differences like their relationship with the players or their overall personality (Klopp being more of an open crazy guy and Rafa coming across as more of a relaxed kind of reserved guy). Still, they both had and have a clear way of how they want to play. They also tried and managed to make the players every day (even though they try to get there in a different way). But most importantly they both just get the club and managed to form a special bond with the supporters. Again, both in their own style, but the result was basically the same. Still have loads of love for Rafa and I wish him nothing but luck for the rest of his life for giving me some of the greatest times in my life. I really hope that once he quits managing, we can get him involved in the club again. Not in terms of him being involved with running the first team, but more like a representative like Kenny.

Great post mate. I know we're really spoiled with Klopp but we had some great times under Rafa, especially in Europe. Not the just the Champions League win but him actually making us one of the best teams in Europe, something I'd never experienced before and honestly, was a world away when he took over. A significant amount of time has passed since his departure (and we've been successful under Klopp) but I still remember it was some ride and even though the ending was horrible for a multitude of reasons), he's a big part of our history and gave us some of the best times supporting the club.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #362 on: September 20, 2022, 12:51:08 pm »

'Rafa Benitez admits Everton job was difficult because of Liverpool past' - a 10 minute interview from Sky Sports:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iFiVUr-KoBQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iFiVUr-KoBQ</a>
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: September 21, 2022, 11:47:36 am »
https://www.empireofthekop.com/2022/09/20/video-rafa-benitez-offers-steven-gerrard-coaching-advice-after-admitting-hes-the-best-player-that-i-ever-coached/

Rafa's been in the media the past few days, linked tenuously with the Leicester job. He's got a fair bit to prove in terms of his ideas on playing out from the back, the risk analysis involved. I can see what he's saying in terms of having control, the probability of your players making a mistake and costing the game but in terms of real life results, control of games, striking the balance... you need to prove your ideas there with the change in the approach and now rules of teams having players in the penalty box for goal kicks.

Always interesting to see him set up teams, bit of a waste to see him not in management.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #364 on: September 21, 2022, 09:28:06 pm »
There’s absolutely no way he gets the Leicester. He’s done in England after the Everton gig

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #365 on: September 23, 2022, 12:43:45 am »

'Rafa Benítez • Champions League Tactics, Liverpool 4 Real Madrid 0 • Masterclass' - an 11 minute video from The Coaches' Voice:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8p9-6CDc4RI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8p9-6CDc4RI</a>

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #366 on: September 23, 2022, 07:59:35 pm »
Will always have time for him, one of our true legends.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #367 on: September 23, 2022, 10:54:51 pm »
Will always have time for him, one of our true legends.
100%.

Love Rafa.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
« Reply #368 on: September 24, 2022, 07:55:04 am »

Absolutely

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #369 on: February 19, 2023, 12:52:41 pm »

'Rafael Benítez: ‘When I see Ancelotti, we don’t talk about Istanbul much’' - from Sid Lowe:-

Spaniard has sympathy for the injuries faced by his former club Liverpool, who face holders Real Madrid in the Champions League

www.theguardian.com/football/2023/feb/19/rafael-benitez-when-i-see-ancelotti-we-dont-talk-about-istanbul-much

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #370 on: February 19, 2023, 01:11:57 pm »

Rafa was doing the analysis for Sky for the Newcastle 0-2 Liverpool match - what a difference it makes to have someone talk about the football... and not some pre-prepared agenda or engineered 'heated debate' clickbait nonsense.

Only nonsense was from Jamie Redknapp - he who spent years on Sky slating Rafa - reduced to meekly asking Rafa for his thoughts... as his own thoughts have always been limited to say the least (or being Keys & Gray's lapdog back in the day). As ever, Jamie talks a lot - but says little-to-nothing. Whereas we could listen to Rafa all day and learn so much more.

'Rafa Benitez analyses Liverpool's defence' - for the upcoming tie vs Real Madrid (ignore the full clickbait title of the video - Sky being Sky; a 3+ minute video):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/keahaW20Log" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/keahaW20Log</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/keahaW20Log

Also...

'Premier League Stories - Rafael Benítez - 21 February 2023' (26 minute prgoram):-

https://old.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/comments/118d1h0/premier_league_stories_rafael_ben%C3%ADtez_21_february

« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 05:29:19 pm by oojason »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #371 on: February 19, 2023, 01:13:49 pm »
'Rafael Benítez: ‘When I see Ancelotti, we don’t talk about Istanbul much’

Always felt like Rafa's wit, turn of phrase, was severely under-rated...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #372 on: February 23, 2023, 12:08:35 pm »
This series is great.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZmIf7GtOkLY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZmIf7GtOkLY</a>
:D

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: February 23, 2023, 01:45:49 pm »
Rafa was doing the analysis for Sky for the Newcastle 0-2 Liverpool match - what a difference it makes to have someone talk about the football... and not some pre-prepared agenda or engineered 'heated debate' clickbait nonsense.

Only nonsense was from Jamie Redknapp - he who spent years on Sky slating Rafa - reduced to meekly asking Rafa for his thoughts... as his own thoughts have always been limited to say the least (or being Keys & Gray's lapdog back in the day). As ever, Jamie talks a lot - but says little-to-nothing. Whereas we could listen to Rafa all day and learn so much more.

'Rafa Benitez analyses Liverpool's defence' - for the upcoming tie vs Real Madrid (ignore the full clickbait title of the video - Sky being Sky; a 3+ minute video):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/keahaW20Log" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/keahaW20Log</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/keahaW20Log

Also...

'Premier League Stories - Rafael Benítez - 21 February 2023' (26 minute prgoram):-

https://old.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/comments/118d1h0/premier_league_stories_rafael_ben%C3%ADtez_21_february

Jamie Redknapp is there to be pretty. All the Mums love him.

Rafa is so good to listen to. Departures of 2 managers will always rankle with me. Kenny in his first stint, and Rafa.

Does anyone half wonder if Rafa is trying to position himself for the Liverpool job if Klopp ever left? Not that it’s ever going to happen, but you always get the feeling that it was his dream job and that he would do anything to have another stint. Just to be clear, I love Rafa to pieces but I want Jurgen to sign a 10 year contract.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: February 23, 2023, 04:40:42 pm »
This series is great.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZmIf7GtOkLY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZmIf7GtOkLY</a>

Half way through. This is gold. His insights are just pure gold. In my dreams I hope he and Jurgen have coffee with eachother. Rafa has so much wisdom and knowledge.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #375 on: February 23, 2023, 05:41:29 pm »
Does anyone half wonder if Rafa is trying to position himself for the Liverpool job if Klopp ever left? Not that it’s ever going to happen, but you always get the feeling that it was his dream job and that he would do anything to have another stint. Just to be clear, I love Rafa to pieces but I want Jurgen to sign a 10 year contract.

I don't really think so. That's not the way he operates in my view and you can hear it in the way he talks about his possible next club/team and how it has to be right. If Klopp fell into a hole in the ground and Liverpool needed a new manager tomorrow and gave Rafa a call, he would definitely say yes. However, I don't really think he operates in the "dream job"-way. It's clear he loved being our manager and him and his family love living in the area. I can't see him sitting at home waiting by the phone for a call from Liverpool though. It's clear from the way he's talking that he wants a new job, but at the same time, he's in a position where he can afford to wait for an offer that's right in every single way for him, i.e. not far away, getting a decent wage and being able to compete at the top. Klopp also has a contract until 2026 and if things are right I could see him staying even longer. In 2026 Rafa will be 65 or so and I'm not sure what his plans are in terms of how long he wants to be involved in being a football manager especially at club level. One thing I will say though about Rafa and Liverpool is that I want the club to get him involved in a way like Kenny is and to keep him around. The man is an absolute legend, he loves the club and he has a vast football knowledge. Getting him involved in the club is a no-brainer in my view, once he has finished his career as a manager. Rafa being LFC-manager once more? I don't really see it (unless it's similar to when Kenny came back).

Love the "We are Liverpool" video even though as I've said Rafa doesn't really come up with some big revelation, if you've followed what has been going on at the time he was here or if you've in any way followed his career. He just confirms stuff we already knew, like us not having money to spend or him not being a "defensive manager". I loved how he countered the latter, by asking "What is the biggest win in the CL?" and it's both by teams he has managed. I had no idea that he got another record-win when he was in charge at Real, or I might have heard it at one point in the past and then forgot about it.

And am I the only one thinking the thing about going out and buying another fullback for 40 million, if your first signing didn't work out, was a dig at Man City?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #376 on: February 23, 2023, 06:00:30 pm »
I don't really think so. That's not the way he operates in my view and you can hear it in the way he talks about his possible next club/team and how it has to be right. If Klopp fell into a hole in the ground and Liverpool needed a new manager tomorrow and gave Rafa a call, he would definitely say yes. However, I don't really think he operates in the "dream job"-way. It's clear he loved being our manager and him and his family love living in the area. I can't see him sitting at home waiting by the phone for a call from Liverpool though. It's clear from the way he's talking that he wants a new job, but at the same time, he's in a position where he can afford to wait for an offer that's right in every single way for him, i.e. not far away, getting a decent wage and being able to compete at the top. Klopp also has a contract until 2026 and if things are right I could see him staying even longer. In 2026 Rafa will be 65 or so and I'm not sure what his plans are in terms of how long he wants to be involved in being a football manager especially at club level. One thing I will say though about Rafa and Liverpool is that I want the club to get him involved in a way like Kenny is and to keep him around. The man is an absolute legend, he loves the club and he has a vast football knowledge. Getting him involved in the club is a no-brainer in my view, once he has finished his career as a manager. Rafa being LFC-manager once more? I don't really see it (unless it's similar to when Kenny came back).

Love the "We are Liverpool" video even though as I've said Rafa doesn't really come up with some big revelation, if you've followed what has been going on at the time he was here or if you've in any way followed his career. He just confirms stuff we already knew, like us not having money to spend or him not being a "defensive manager". I loved how he countered the latter, by asking "What is the biggest win in the CL?" and it's both by teams he has managed. I had no idea that he got another record-win when he was in charge at Real, or I might have heard it at one point in the past and then forgot about it.

And am I the only one thinking the thing about going out and buying another fullback for 40 million, if your first signing didn't work out, was a dig at Man City?

You're not. Rafa's wit was always under-rated, razor sharp, in a second language, no less...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: February 24, 2023, 12:49:14 am »

Having now watched the entire interview, I agree with you :D

Cracking interview … always nice to relive Robbie’s return to Liverpool too. That was a moment that gave us all a lot of happiness

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: February 24, 2023, 01:14:54 am »
I love how "upset" Robbie gets when rafa recalls the story about his friend telling the security guy that rafa is God...

Thankfully I got to see Robbie play live even if it was just a pre season friendly. Even got to see him play twice, because he was subbed off and then later on the game had to be subbed on again, because we seemed to have fun out of players. We even had Pepe Reina as our midfield maestro in that match... :D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: February 25, 2023, 12:59:23 pm »
This series is great.

Thanks for posting that, really enjoyed it. Loved that period under Rafa.

Talking about the Deportivo game, I was at a family thing, desperately trying to drown out the noise and listen to a staticky radio for the score (different times!).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 01:01:41 pm by Hazell »

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: March 4, 2023, 07:30:39 pm »
Nice little interview with Rafa here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001jvhy

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: March 4, 2023, 09:32:45 pm »
Have to say, I would really love doing an interview with Rafa once and try to come up with at least one new question about Istanbul. It's always kind of the same. Did like the snippet about the penalty takers though and how we weren't lucky to win the shootout. Not a dig at the interviewer BTW. It's a nice little talk...

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #382 on: June 13, 2023, 12:22:54 am »

'Up for the challenge' - a good read by Rafa on his at time Valencia and Liverpool:-

www.coachesvoice.com/cv/rafa-benitez-interview-liverpool-valencia-newcastle

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #383 on: June 13, 2023, 12:30:57 am »

'Premier League Stories | Rafa Benitez' - a 35 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OYEKAumJFNA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OYEKAumJFNA</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/OYEKAumJFNA

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #384 on: June 13, 2023, 07:28:17 pm »
'Premier League Stories | Rafa Benitez' - a 35 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OYEKAumJFNA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OYEKAumJFNA</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/OYEKAumJFNA

Just sitting down to watch this. I'd love to know who he was referring to as the other 3 'top clubs' at the time when Liverpool came in for him? Presume at least one if not all would have been Spanish but then again he left Valencia as Spanish champions and UEFA Cup winners in 2004.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: June 20, 2023, 03:20:11 pm »
About to join Celta Vigo.  :D

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1671158904833859591

Rafa Benitez is close to becoming the new manager of Celta Vigo.

The 63-year-old is on the verge of moving to the La Liga club after turning down offers to manage in Saudi Arabia.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #386 on: June 20, 2023, 04:22:36 pm »
Great to see him back in Spain
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #387 on: June 20, 2023, 04:47:17 pm »
Too soon for him to flog us Gabri Veiga on the cheap?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #388 on: June 20, 2023, 04:49:10 pm »
If he plays a similar 4231 to his time here, Veiga is perfect for the Gerrard role.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: June 20, 2023, 05:11:52 pm »
So quick Samie.;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #390 on: June 20, 2023, 05:21:03 pm »
See Aspas is the vice captain. Hope he enjoys it after the Goodison shit show.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #391 on: June 20, 2023, 05:25:57 pm »
About to join Celta Vigo.  :D

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1671158904833859591

the bitterness and nastiness of the blueshite fans in the comments and quotes :lmao   What a horrible lot. Worship Frank Lampard, and hate Rafa Benitez.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #392 on: June 20, 2023, 05:30:21 pm »
Good for Rafa, the best of luck an interesting choice I think as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: June 20, 2023, 06:01:25 pm »
Great to see Rafa back, look forward to watching the odd La Liga game next season to see the master at work.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: June 20, 2023, 07:12:34 pm »
Nice, good to see him return to Spain. Good luck to him :)

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #395 on: June 20, 2023, 08:21:18 pm »

Hope it happens, and will be made up for Rafa and wish him all the best there.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #396 on: June 23, 2023, 04:35:06 pm »
It is now official - Rafa is the new manager of Celta Vigo (a 'principle of agreement' is how the google translate re-words it) :wellin

'Both parties are confident that the signing will take place next July, coinciding with the start of the sky-blue team's pre-season.' (translated)

https://rccelta.es/club/actualidad/principio-de-acuerdo/# & https://twitter.com/RCCelta/status/1672265760826359808

https://twitter.com/RCCelta : https://rccelta.es/en : https://twitter.com/RCCeltaEN : www.youtube.com/@rccelta : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RC_Celta_de_Vigo

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65966383

« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 06:37:45 pm by oojason »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #397 on: June 23, 2023, 04:35:53 pm »
Good luck, Rafa.  :wellin
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #398 on: June 23, 2023, 04:39:27 pm »
Think that's a good club for him, hoping it works out.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #399 on: June 23, 2023, 04:54:35 pm »
Best of luck, Rafa the Gaffer.